Star Wars 1313 - Bullshots and trash

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Star Wars 1313 - Bullshots and trash

Post by weemadando »

Check it:

Suuuuuure that's in engine gameplay footage.

And the quotes like: "we don't want the player to know if they're playing or in a cutscene"?

Y-yay?

But honestly, let's look at standard SW bounty hunter equipment: jet packs, grappling hooks, FUCKING SPACESHIPS.

Sure, let's do a cover based corridor shooter. That works.

I was at least hoping that they might have just decided to completely rip off Prey 2.

But at least it's a MACHYUR Star Wars game. I bet you they'll say "FUCK!" a lot. MAAAACCCHHHHYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
SpaceMarine93
Jedi Knight

Re: Star Wars 1313 - Bullshots and trash

Post by SpaceMarine93 »

They haven't shown off everything yet, so we'll just have to wait and see. It looks spectacular so far the way I see it. If it turned up good I want a Xbox 360 port.
Life sucks and is probably meaningless, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to be good.

--- The Anti-Nihilist view in short.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, I'll give it this, it certainly doesn't feel like the rest of the Star Wars games I've seen.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

You must have missed the part where it was running on a modern high-end PC, not a six- or seven-year-old console; it's entirely possible on current hardware. Either the graphics quality will be reduced considerably for 360/PS3, or it'll be a next-gen release. I'm betting on the latter.

Oh, and here are the raw clips without the big annoying SpikeTV ticker or commentary:

どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Funny how it seems similar to Mass Effect complete with cover grab kills and similar weapon hudd. Did Lucas Arts not like Bioware doing their games anymore or something ?

Who wants to bet this random Bounty Hunter will be force sensitive and acquire a Lightsaber ?

Incidentally, when is this set... funny feeling its going to be during the actual movies since Bioware have KOTOR era pegged in their MMO ?

On the one hand it might be nice to get a Star Wars Mass Effect... especially if it does start to grow up a bit in gameplay. However, I get the impression this is an underhanded way of trying to kick off their own Mass Effect Shepard style trilogy featuring this fuckwit bounty hunter. Being set on a single set of Coruscant is rather dodgey as well and given the intensive graphics I doubt its going to be that moddable.
The Jedi Knight series could certainly use a sequel and a moddable version would get a pretty good community into the mix as well.
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

I don't know, reminded me much more of Drake's Fortune than anything else.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

PREDATOR490 wrote: Who wants to bet this random Bounty Hunter will be force sensitive and acquire a Lightsaber ?
you're probably right about this, And also your "reckless buddy" from the vid is probably going to turn out force sensitive as well just dark side and the two of them is probably going to end the game fighting each other with light sabers..on a volcanic planet..
Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Gears of Mass Wars? Yes fucking please.

And the irony of complaining about a Star Wars video game taking from previous games is rich. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Really, who cares if its a cover based corridor shooter? If I wanted to play Gears of War, I would. I don't. I want to shoot blasters. So yes please, give me this game.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Exactly.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Executor32 wrote:You must have missed the part where it was running on a modern high-end PC, not a six- or seven-year-old console; it's entirely possible on current hardware. Either the graphics quality will be reduced considerably for 360/PS3, or it'll be a next-gen release. I'm betting on the latter.
Who cares how pretty the nosehairs are rendered if the gameplay is garbage? So far it looks like a bit of Uncharted and a bit of Enslaved from the gameplay, so nothing exactly amazing or mind blowing. Might wind up being pretty mediocre, though I doubt it'll be much worse than TFU2.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

You mistake me; Ando was incredulous of it being in-engine, I was merely correcting him. Otherwise, you're absolutely right.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

Is it just me or does that footage just not look like star wars? There are a few distinct visual styles that appeared in the movies, and that just doesnt look like any of them. Not battered enough to fit the rebellion, not crisp enough to be the Empire, not smooth enough to be the OR, not alien enough to be, well, alien. The blasters dont sound like blasters, either.'Tom me it really just looks like mass effect.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

That impact gimmick with the 1313 logo is going to become a meme. It's just so poorly timed its hilarious.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
aussiemuscle308
Padawan Learner

Post by aussiemuscle308 »

PREDATOR490 wrote:Who wants to bet this random Bounty Hunter will be force sensitive and acquire a Lightsaber ?
Alkaloid wrote:Is it just me or does that footage just not look like star wars?
which kind of says if you're not including light-sabres, the force or tie fighters, you shouldn't be using the STAR WARS title (otherwise it's just a cash-in on a recognizable title).

star wars without it's signature pieces is just a generic shoot-em-up.
========================================
If you believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Vympel wrote:Really, who cares if its a cover based corridor shooter? If I wanted to play Gears of War, I would. I don't. I want to shoot blasters. So yes please, give me this game.
This sounds like you don't care about content, only branding. :lol:
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

aussiemuscle308 wrote:
PREDATOR490 wrote:Who wants to bet this random Bounty Hunter will be force sensitive and acquire a Lightsaber ?
Alkaloid wrote:Is it just me or does that footage just not look like star wars?
which kind of says if you're not including light-sabres, the force or tie fighters, you shouldn't be using the STAR WARS title (otherwise it's just a cash-in on a recognizable title).

star wars without it's signature pieces is just a generic shoot-em-up.
Dark Forces didn't include lightsabers, the Force, or TIE Fighters, and it's one of the best Star Wars games of all time.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Pretty sure Dark Forces had GAZZILLIONS of Stormtroopers. Kinda a "signature piece" if you ask me. His opinion stands even if his point is lame.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
TC Pilot
Jedi Council Member

Post by TC Pilot »

Plus, fighting Boba Fett, cutscenes with Vader and Jabba and even a brief recycling of ROTJ footage for not-Ackbar, a mission to steal plans to the Death Star. There was plenty of brand aesthetics to the game.
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
Executor32
Jedi Council Member

Post by Executor32 »

I agree with his opinion, but we've only seen a few minutes of footage from the game. For all we know, Level 1313 could be crawling with stormtroopers and other 'signature pieces'.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Dark Forces... good?

Even at the time it was clunky, ugly crap. But if that's your metric, no wonder SW games sell. :)
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

Stormtroopers are almost a certainty.
Dosent matter what time period you jump to, they all have their own Stormtroopers / Empire so I fully expect them to include some sort of Anti-Empire agenda at work. Who knows, it will probably end in the player helping the Rebels to capture Coruscant or some equally grandoise shit. Alternatively... they will go straight to grass roots and have the events take place during the movies. Somehow the actions of this bounty hunter had a profound effect on ensuring the Rebels got the plans for the Death Star.

I doubt this is going to be good, the effort they are expending on making it look ultra-awesome. Just highlights how much effort they wont be focusing on making the game have some longevity. I'll take a game that I can play repeatedly vs. a game that looks super awesome and lasts exactly once.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Did not like the look of the game play at all. The Blasters sounded very wimpy, all wrong. As did the blaster bolts, looked more like a phaser shot than a blaster.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Geezuz. Why can there NEVER be anything new in Star Wars without people complaining that OMG IT DOESN'T SOUND/LOOK/FEEL LIKE STAR WARS ARRRRRHGGGHGHGHGH :roll:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)