Chuck reviews TNG "Relics"

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Chuck reviews TNG "Relics"

Post by Alyeska »

http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t230.asp

Just watching it now. Should be pretty entertaining. Good episode and I am wondering how Chuck will review it.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Chuck reviews TNG "Relics"

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I caught this the other day. It's one of my favourite episodes and I'm glad he did it, and did it well. Particiularly enjoyed the comments on Scotty feeling needed and the paradox of building a Dyson Shell (not a Sphere, good to see he caught that one).
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: Chuck reviews TNG "Relics"

Post by Alyeska »

Chuck's commentary on Scotty's supposedly broken arm and the carelessness treated to it is hilarious.
Scotty is so pleased he hardly notices the blind guy keeps walking into his broken arm.

Geordi listens and is amazed at his ingenuity and genius and shows it by prodding his arm repeatedly.

But Geordi is quiet and then decides to pick up his spirits by whacking his broken arm good and hard before taking him to sickbay.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."