Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-16 06:34am
Jedi Master

lordofchange13 wrote:
Xon wrote:
Not 10 minutes in and the councilers are saying they have enough grain stockpiled for a 5 year winter.

I think this firmly puts to rest the idea that that insane place doesn't have crazy long winters.

And he was scared of the winter lasting longer!

Well in Old Nan's awesome tale in season 1, she mentions winters that last for decades and the Summer that's ending has lasted for 9 years.....

For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see,
Saw the Vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be;
Saw the heavens fill with commerce, argosies of magic sails,
Pilots of the purple twilight dropping down with costly bales;
Heard the heavens fill with shouting, and there rain'd a ghastly dew
From the nations' airy navies grappling in the central blue;

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-22 10:45pm
Sith Marauder

So, was tonight the torture episode? It seemed like we cut back to back with torture being featured in a lot of scenes.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed,or numbered. I am a free man. My life is my own" Number 6
The Prisoner

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-22 11:58pm
The Anti-Shep

Location: What's the bonus for shooting bad guys from behind?
FaxModem1 wrote:
So, was tonight the torture episode? It seemed like we cut back to back with torture being featured in a lot of scenes.

Maybe the episode was meant as a sop to Republicans who are still sore at HBO over that Sarah Palin movie.

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-23 01:09am
Sith Devotee

I'mma go out on a limb and say magic isn't dead, what with the goddamn shadowfiend birth.

"You're wonderful, and you're alive, and you deserve every little bit of happiness that the universe has to offer anyone, no matter who or what you like. Never forget that." - Achewood

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-23 01:28am
Jedi Master

loomer wrote:
I'mma go out on a limb and say magic isn't dead, what with the goddamn shadowfiend birth.

I think that's a safe call. I mean we have seen evidence that magic once existed and hints that it still does with the Others and Whights but the shadowfiend kind of seals the deal.

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-23 01:40am
Cowardly Codfish

I love the minor characters in this show, who all seem to act the hell out of their scenes. The Head of the Qartheen Thirteen in particular was chewing the scenery to great effect.

"You can't hammer tin into iron, no matter how hard you beat it, but that doesn't mean that tin is worthless."
-Jon Snow, A Game of Thrones

"I prefer my history dead. The dead sort is written in ink, the living in blood."
-Rodrik Greyjoy, A Song of Ice and Fire

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-23 05:04pm
The Anti-Shep

Guardsman Bass wrote:
I love the minor characters in this show, who all seem to act the hell out of their scenes. The Head of the Qartheen Thirteen in particular was chewing the scenery to great effect.

He reminded me of the chief eunuch from Kull the Conqueror.

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-23 08:47pm
The Anti-Shep

So I take it that the Florence Nightingale character is supposed to be Robb's love interest, but isn't he already set to marry the daughter of the lord who let the Starks cross the river? He doesn't seem the type to think with his dick, and this looks like a genuine romance and not just an excuse for a Stark to finally get laid on the show...

My prediction: Robb is going to go Full Retard over this girl and seriously screw things up even worse than they already are. Being fucking stupid must run in the family.

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-24 10:29pm
Sith Marauder

Elfdart wrote:
So I take it that the Florence Nightingale character is supposed to be Robb's love interest, but isn't he already set to marry the daughter of the lord who let the Starks cross the river? He doesn't seem the type to think with his dick, and this looks like a genuine romance and not just an excuse for a Stark to finally get laid on the show...

My prediction: Robb is going to go Full Retard over this girl and seriously screw things up even worse than they already are. Being fucking stupid must run in the family.

I could answer that except, you know, spoiler free thread. Perhaps we should consider a third thread for people who want to know specific things or don't mind discussion of what will probably happen next week but don't particularly want to know about, say REDACTED

loomer wrote:

Which was your first hint? Bran's possessing a wolf in his sleep, the walking dead, the hatching of the dragons, or Dani's witch "healing" Khal Drogo?

"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-24 11:52pm
Jedi Knight

"I could answer that except, you know, spoiler free thread. Perhaps we should consider a third thread for people who want to know specific things or don't mind discussion of what will probably happen next week but don't particularly want to know about, say, REDACTED

PMs will serve. And people googling that last part are screwed, so don't.

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-25 12:16am
Mostly Harmless Nutcase

Billy Idol is comming to Westeros?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-25 02:07pm
Sith Marauder

Scrib wrote:
"I could answer that except, you know, spoiler free thread. Perhaps we should consider a third thread for people who want to know specific things or don't mind discussion of what will probably happen next week but don't particularly want to know about, say, REDACTED"

PMs will serve. And people googling that last part are screwed, so don't.

Yeah, PMs should do. Second that nobody who doesn't want to know should look up the wedding. I mentioned it because the name, while ominous, doesn't really tell you a lot about what happens and who it happens to.

"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-25 02:22pm
Lord of Irony

I say Spoiler free and people already want to start spoiling the shit out of everyone, even giving an example is a spoiler in and of itself.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-25 03:05pm
Jedi Knight

You're a mod right? Delete the posts.

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-25 08:21pm
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Redacted relevant posts. Really guys, use your brains.

Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-25 08:35pm
Sith Marauder

So, is Littlefinger a moron(unlikely, considering all the scheming he did in the previous season) or just that desperately in love with Catelyn?

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed,or numbered. I am a free man. My life is my own" Number 6
The Prisoner

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-25 08:37pm
Jedi Master

FaxModem1 wrote:
So, is Littlefinger a moron(unlikely, considering all the scheming he did in the previous season) or just that desperately in love with Catelyn?

A little of column A and a little of column B I suspect.

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-26 03:04pm
Jedi Council Member

FaxModem1 wrote:

Which of his actions do you think are moronic?

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-26 03:12pm
Sith Marauder

"Hey Catelyn, you know how you entrusted your husband's life to me, and I betrayed him. Well, here's his rotting beheaded corpse, which I won't tell you about until after you've opened and gotten a good look at and whiff of. So, you want to go out for dinner?"

The Prisoner

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-26 04:19pm
Carvin' Marvin

I think it was extremely obvious to all involved what was in that case.

And, considering the conversation started with her pulling her dagger on him...its ending was a definite improvement.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin

My Fundie Guide The World Has Ended.....Life Goes On

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-26 06:09pm
Jedi Knight

fgalkin wrote:

And, considering the conversation started with her pulling her dagger on him...its ending was a definite improvement.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin

I'm curious as to how she knew that he betrayed him in the first place...

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-26 07:09pm
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Scrib wrote:
fgalkin wrote:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin

I'm curious as to how she knew that he betrayed him in the first place...

Word gets around, lots of people saw Eddard's arrest, and Littlefinger was the one holding the dagger at his throat in front of everybody?

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-27 10:36am
is an asshole.

Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

It's pretty much spot on.

Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceFlooring: For a good lay, call...

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-27 11:17am
is an asshole.

Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Almost forgot the most important one.

Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceFlooring: For a good lay, call...

Post subject: Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free PostPosted: 2012-04-27 12:25pm
Jedi Council Member

FaxModem1 wrote:
"Hey Catelyn, you know how you entrusted your husband's life to me, and I betrayed him. Well, here's his rotting beheaded corpse, which I won't tell you about until after you've opened and gotten a good look at and whiff of. So, you want to go out for dinner?"

I'll have to go with fgalkin on his one. Everybody knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned Stark, leading to his death. Catelyn currently has exactly zero reason to trust Littlefinger. Giving back the bones of Ned Stark is a gesture of good faith (as suggested by Tyrion in Episode 2).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next