SDNW5 Preliminary Discussion Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDNW5 Preliminary Discussion Thread

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:And Bastian is already a target of Arcadia First who practically run the SPACE VIKINGS...yeah, they would probably be the first target. And Space Norwegians versus Space Germans? Are we going to do SPACE WW2 now? And it'd be funny because Space Sweden would get caught in the middle...just like in RL. :)

(Though Arcadia would have a much more active role in all likelihood...Space Sweden or not)
Again, Neo Zeon is currently too far for the SPACE VIKINGS to bother with. Besides, Neo Zeon's not exactly in any shape to be conducting offensive operations either.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:And Bastian is already a target of Arcadia First who practically run the SPACE VIKINGS...yeah, they would probably be the first target. And Space Norwegians versus Space Germans? Are we going to do SPACE WW2 now? And it'd be funny because Space Sweden would get caught in the middle...just like in RL. :)

(Though Arcadia would have a much more active role in all likelihood...Space Sweden or not)
Again, Neo Zeon is currently too far for the SPACE VIKINGS to bother with. Besides, Neo Zeon's not exactly in any shape to be conducting offensive operations either.
Meh, that's true. I just thought it would be funny. *Shrugs* (the SPACE WW2 aspect anyway)
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
KhorneFlakes
Padawan Learner

Post by KhorneFlakes »

Skywalker, you seem to have gotten confused. The Ur-Quan guys I mentioned are the ones against uplifting, not Space North Korea. Space North Korea is a completely separate entity.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

*shrugs* I was rather busy when I was typing that up. Either way, the point stands, they wouldn't mind the Arcadians too much (Space NK though is a different story in all likelihood).
KhorneFlakes
Padawan Learner

Post by KhorneFlakes »

There wasn't really a point to begin with. They're suspicious of everyone. Even Space Sweden.

Plus, considering where I want to put them, they're going to probably distrust humans. Especially ones from Shepistan.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Bees tend to have a lot of space traffic, both trade and just internal traffic, so SPACE VIKINGS might be interested... until they board them.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

"Bees! Why did it have to be bees?!"
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Would they even be able to board? I mean the internal scale on Bee ships would be well... bee sized!
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

They've got some wider internal areas in the ships for various reasons. But, yeah, most of the decks are about a foot apart.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Looking at my (current) placement.
It would seem I am going to be dealing with THE BEES, The Space Greeks, and Shinns Covenant the most. And Darkevil as well of course.

working on another Prologue post right now, feels like I am going to end up playing two nations instead of one, but thats what I figured when I first got started.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

In that case you may have lucked out in not getting next to me. THE BEES, the Hellenes and Darkevil aren't likely to attack you, and the Covenant will likely attack Shinn first. If you had been next to me though, the SPACE VIKINGS would likely invade at some point.

(EDIT: And probably do so right away at that)
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:In that case you may have lucked out in not getting next to me. THE BEES, the Hellenes and Darkevil aren't likely to attack you, and the Covenant will likely attack Shinn first. If you had been next to me though, the SPACE VIKINGS would likely invade at some point.
Considering how badly the Covenant were mauled the last time they fought the Holy Empire, they may be interested in seeking out allies among the UISC. However, given that the Covies are largely rooted in a "convert now or die" mentality, the UISC would do very well to tread carefully.

Of course, by extension, the Grays would be very interested in recruiting another alien civilization to their cause. One can never have too many allies against the human menace, after all.

Another source of worry for the UISC could be the Centralists, assuming Force Lord's latest proposal for his location on the map goes through. It depends on if they're going to take a page from Stalin and have a policy of "Centralism in One Country" or if they're going to take a page from Trotsky and spread Centralism through the galaxy with little heed for the consequences.
Last edited by Shinn Langley Soryu on 2012-04-25 05:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

You see, I don't know what to expect on how the Grays view Arcadia in that 'resist the human menace' thing. On one hand, Space Sweden is run mostly by humans. But on the other hand, the Furlings are pretty strong themselves, and they have resisted the Grays before...it will be interesting times on the political front.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Given the Centralists actions in SDNW4, we can probably expect them to attempt to spread the idealogy.

Heh, if they try to form a Capellan Centralist party it'll be hilarious.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Code: Select all

Agreement Guarding Against the Centralist International

The Imperial Government of Haruhi Suzumiya and <INSERT OTHER SIGNATORIES HERE>,

In cognizance of the fact that the object of the Centralist International (the so-called Cenintern) is the disintegration of, and the commission of violence against, existing States by the exercise of all means at its command,

Believing that the toleration of interference by the Centralist International in the internal affairs of nations not only endangers their internal peace and social welfare, but threatens the general peace of the galaxy,

Desiring to co-operate for defense against Centralist disintegration, have agreed as follows.

Article I

The High Contracting States agree that they will mutually keep each other informed concerning the activities of the Centralist International, will confer upon the necessary measure of defense, and will carry out such measures in close co-operation.

Article II

The High Contracting States will jointly invite other States whose internal peace is menaced by the disintegrating work of the Centralist International, to adopt defensive measures in the spirit of the present Agreement or to participate in the present Agreement.

Article III

The Haruhiist and <OTHER SIGNATORIES> texts are each valid as the original text of this Agreement. The Agreement shall come into force on the day of its signature and shall remain in force for the term of five years. The High Contracting States will, in a reasonable time before the expiration of the said term, come to an understanding upon the further manner of their co-operation.

In witness whereof the undersigned, duly authorized by their respective Governments, have affixed hereto their seals and signatures.

Done in duplicate at <NATIONAL CAPITALS>, <DATES>.

Viscountess Mio Akiyama
Imperial Haruhiist Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

<NAME>, <NATION> Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary [repeat as necessary for multiple signatories]

ImageImageImage

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:In that case you may have lucked out in not getting next to me. THE BEES, the Hellenes and Darkevil aren't likely to attack you, and the Covenant will likely attack Shinn first. If you had been next to me though, the SPACE VIKINGS would likely invade at some point.
Considering how badly the Covenant were mauled the last time they fought the Holy Empire, they may be interested in seeking out allies among the UISC. However, given that the Covies are largely rooted in a "convert now or die" mentality, the UISC would do very well to tread carefully.
From what I have read of the Cove, We would indeed be very guarded against any such "friendly" out reach by them. Knowing their history it would only seem to be a matter of time before they would be fighting Someone again.
The Tajlan Empier would be eager to make friends with such a race, but any attempt at out reach would be vetoed by the rest of the UISC Member nations.

OmegaChief wrote:Given the Centralists actions in SDNW4, we can probably expect them to attempt to spread the idealogy.

Heh, if they try to form a Capellan Centralist party it'll be hilarious.
Can someone link me their info from #4? It would seem Force Lord, being so very rude, has yet to post their info for #5
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Code: Select all

A message from the Republic of Arcadia to the Holy Empire of Haruhi Suzumiya:

The Republic would like to sign the agreement regarding the Centralist International.

Our peace loving people are not as much at risk as other nations closer to the Centrality, but we will not stand for subversion of their governments.

As such, the Republic is ready and willing to join the High Contracting States, and will follow the Articles to the letter.

And additionally, we will willingly let other nations join our envelope of protection, should they so choose.

Dr. Sven Gustav,

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Feralgnoll
Padawan Learner

Post by Feralgnoll »

Panzersharkcat wrote:Maybe the Bastians. They have very little tolerance of pirates because of how heavily reliant on trade they are. Suppression of pirates along their trade routes is a major role of the Bastian fleet.
Those big muthafucking space crab truckers like to get into so massivefucking spacefucking brawlfucking fights with pirates.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

KhorneFlakes wrote:Except Skywalker, the aliens I'm playing as are very xenophobic. Not "RAR LET'S ANNIHILATE PLANETS AND DEVOUR THE FUCKSPAWN OF OUR ENEMIES!11" xenophobic, but more along the lines of "There is a button there, and if you touch it we'll fire a hell of a lot of warning shots at you. Touch it twice and we'll start killing you."

Needless to say, trade routes are also susceptible to wartime "measures". I might also mention that I decided that the SPAAACE North Korea guys with a obese leader worked better as a micronation, since it added more irony to their situation.

I'm actually building up some Ur-Quan style guys, who might be a *little* (read: MASSIVELY) paranoid of the Greys and other people who mention "uplifting". Suffice to say, they're determined to never let it happen again, or to anyone who was as vulnerable when the *Bad Thing Involving Uplifting* happened. They're polite about it though. They won't blow you up preemptively like Shepistan, but by god don't give them the wrong idea. They're sensitive about that.
What have I said about isolationists and xenophobes as PC nations?
OmegaChief wrote:If you've got -that- many points left over Khorne, the obvious question becomes "Why not just pick up some more sectors"

Unless you're very wedded conceptually to having an empire of a very specific size it's usually the best way to go, and avoids the trouble of to many GDP boosts without going for trade routes if they're not for you.
Agreed.
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:You know...this is a little random but I've been thinking...who would be the most ticked off if the SPACE VIKINGS decided to raid them? It would be a good idea to figure that out early so I can work with that come game start. (Just got to make sure that people realize it is the VIKINGS and not Space Sweden...wouldn't end well if they attacked me instead of them...)
Many Umerians have a chronic, smoldering dislike of jocks, so they're a candidate.
Vanas wrote:Bees tend to have a lot of space traffic, both trade and just internal traffic, so SPACE VIKINGS might be interested... until they board them.
They will pick up your ships, slice them in half with giant turbo-axes, and drain the honey out to make mead!

The Vikings are a micronation too; Crossroads would probably win.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Simon_Jester wrote:

The Vikings are a micronation too; Crossroads would probably win.
Yes but that would actually be kind of "Fun"
A small boarder skirmish keeps our military on our toes, and it wouldn't Crush Skywalker (not unless he did something stupid).
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:<snip>
Actually, seeing as you're the first to reply, Arcadia may get to be a High Contracting State of the Anti-Cenintern Pact. For now, though, I'll see if there are other nations interested in joining.

ImageImageImage

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

I'm still trying to find out about the Centrists, I PM'ed Force Lord a while back but didn't hear back.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

By the way, formal in-character international communications should go in the Diplomatic Communique thread.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I'm still trying to find out about the Centrists, I PM'ed Force Lord a while back but didn't hear back.
Centrists are a very different thing from Centralists. If you were to put Centralism on the traditional left-right axis, it would most likely be far right.

ImageImageImage

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

The Centralist agenda is irrelevant, the treaty is unnecessary. We are the masters, centralist efforts to usurp this fact are futile. The ineffectual are not a great concern of ours.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!