GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Aeolus
Jedi Master

Re: GoT:Clash of Kings Season 2 Spoiler Free

Post by Aeolus »

lordofchange13 wrote:
Xon wrote:Not 10 minutes in and the councilers are saying they have enough grain stockpiled for a 5 year winter.

I think this firmly puts to rest the idea that that insane place doesn't have crazy long winters.
And he was scared of the winter lasting longer!
Well in Old Nan's awesome tale in season 1, she mentions winters that last for decades and the Summer that's ending has lasted for 9 years.....
For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see,
Saw the Vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be;
Saw the heavens fill with commerce, argosies of magic sails,
Pilots of the purple twilight dropping down with costly bales;
Heard the heavens fill with shouting, and there rain'd a ghastly dew
From the nations' airy navies grappling in the central blue;
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, was tonight the torture episode? It seemed like we cut back to back with torture being featured in a lot of scenes.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

FaxModem1 wrote:So, was tonight the torture episode? It seemed like we cut back to back with torture being featured in a lot of scenes.
Maybe the episode was meant as a sop to Republicans who are still sore at HBO over that Sarah Palin movie.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

I'mma go out on a limb and say magic isn't dead, what with the goddamn shadowfiend birth.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Aeolus
Jedi Master

Post by Aeolus »

loomer wrote:I'mma go out on a limb and say magic isn't dead, what with the goddamn shadowfiend birth.
I think that's a safe call. I mean we have seen evidence that magic once existed and hints that it still does with the Others and Whights but the shadowfiend kind of seals the deal.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I love the minor characters in this show, who all seem to act the hell out of their scenes. The Head of the Qartheen Thirteen in particular was chewing the scenery to great effect.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Guardsman Bass wrote:I love the minor characters in this show, who all seem to act the hell out of their scenes. The Head of the Qartheen Thirteen in particular was chewing the scenery to great effect.
He reminded me of the chief eunuch from Kull the Conqueror.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

So I take it that the Florence Nightingale character is supposed to be Robb's love interest, but isn't he already set to marry the daughter of the lord who let the Starks cross the river? He doesn't seem the type to think with his dick, and this looks like a genuine romance and not just an excuse for a Stark to finally get laid on the show...

My prediction: Robb is going to go Full Retard over this girl and seriously screw things up even worse than they already are. Being fucking stupid must run in the family.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Elfdart wrote:So I take it that the Florence Nightingale character is supposed to be Robb's love interest, but isn't he already set to marry the daughter of the lord who let the Starks cross the river? He doesn't seem the type to think with his dick, and this looks like a genuine romance and not just an excuse for a Stark to finally get laid on the show...

My prediction: Robb is going to go Full Retard over this girl and seriously screw things up even worse than they already are. Being fucking stupid must run in the family.
I could answer that except, you know, spoiler free thread. Perhaps we should consider a third thread for people who want to know specific things or don't mind discussion of what will probably happen next week but don't particularly want to know about, say REDACTED
loomer wrote:I'mma go out on a limb and say magic isn't dead, what with the goddamn shadowfiend birth.
Which was your first hint? Bran's possessing a wolf in his sleep, the walking dead, the hatching of the dragons, or Dani's witch "healing" Khal Drogo?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

"I could answer that except, you know, spoiler free thread. Perhaps we should consider a third thread for people who want to know specific things or don't mind discussion of what will probably happen next week but don't particularly want to know about, say, REDACTED

PMs will serve. And people googling that last part are screwed, so don't.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Billy Idol is comming to Westeros?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Scrib wrote:"I could answer that except, you know, spoiler free thread. Perhaps we should consider a third thread for people who want to know specific things or don't mind discussion of what will probably happen next week but don't particularly want to know about, say, REDACTED"

PMs will serve. And people googling that last part are screwed, so don't.
Yeah, PMs should do. Second that nobody who doesn't want to know should look up the wedding. I mentioned it because the name, while ominous, doesn't really tell you a lot about what happens and who it happens to.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I say Spoiler free and people already want to start spoiling the shit out of everyone, even giving an example is a spoiler in and of itself.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

You're a mod right? Delete the posts.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Redacted relevant posts. Really guys, use your brains.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, is Littlefinger a moron(unlikely, considering all the scheming he did in the previous season) or just that desperately in love with Catelyn?
Aeolus
Jedi Master

Post by Aeolus »

FaxModem1 wrote:So, is Littlefinger a moron(unlikely, considering all the scheming he did in the previous season) or just that desperately in love with Catelyn?
A little of column A and a little of column B I suspect.
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

FaxModem1 wrote:So, is Littlefinger a moron(unlikely, considering all the scheming he did in the previous season) or just that desperately in love with Catelyn?
Which of his actions do you think are moronic?
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

"Hey Catelyn, you know how you entrusted your husband's life to me, and I betrayed him. Well, here's his rotting beheaded corpse, which I won't tell you about until after you've opened and gotten a good look at and whiff of. So, you want to go out for dinner?"
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I think it was extremely obvious to all involved what was in that case.

And, considering the conversation started with her pulling her dagger on him...its ending was a definite improvement.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

fgalkin wrote:I think it was extremely obvious to all involved what was in that case.

And, considering the conversation started with her pulling her dagger on him...its ending was a definite improvement.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I'm curious as to how she knew that he betrayed him in the first place...
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Scrib wrote:
fgalkin wrote:I think it was extremely obvious to all involved what was in that case.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I'm curious as to how she knew that he betrayed him in the first place...
Word gets around, lots of people saw Eddard's arrest, and Littlefinger was the one holding the dagger at his throat in front of everybody?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

It's pretty much spot on.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Almost forgot the most important one.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

FaxModem1 wrote:"Hey Catelyn, you know how you entrusted your husband's life to me, and I betrayed him. Well, here's his rotting beheaded corpse, which I won't tell you about until after you've opened and gotten a good look at and whiff of. So, you want to go out for dinner?"
I'll have to go with fgalkin on his one. Everybody knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned Stark, leading to his death. Catelyn currently has exactly zero reason to trust Littlefinger. Giving back the bones of Ned Stark is a gesture of good faith (as suggested by Tyrion in Episode 2).