Seen from a Plane over Korea

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Seen from a Plane over Korea

Post by madd0ct0r »

Awesome views of Seoul's skyscrapers.

possible ufo included

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video#video=28906241
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Seen from a Plane over Korea

Post by FaxModem1 »

I got a video about a man being stabbed.
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

A little blurry white blob is not all that impressive. And I'm sure that could be easily edited into a video on a computer. Did anyone claim to see it besides the guy shooting the video? Was it picked up on radar?
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

From what I know of ufology, that a UFO did not show on radar prove pretty much nothing one way or the other. Not to say that you couldn't say it was a hoax if it didn't show on radar, but AFAIK there has been cases of unexplained UFOs (those ~5-10% of cases that as of now can't be disproved nor explained by known science) which did not show on radar - and those were serious studies coming from the French authorities on the subject ("GEIPAN").

A North Korean drone prototype, maybe ? Image
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Rabid wrote:From what I know of ufology, that a UFO did not show on radar prove pretty much nothing one way or the other
99% it is a hoax if no radar detection has been confirmed. Everything except a handful of radar detection cases, including the infamous Tehran incident, is easily explained as... well, bullshit.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Not nessissarily a hoax. You can have an honest witness who is simply mistaken.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Two other "UFO" sightings recently, too:

in Connecticut
The Republican-American of Waterbury reports that a person driving in Litchfield at about 2 a.m. Tuesday reported that a green, glowing object the size of a whale fell from the sky and crashed into Bantam Lake. Officials say that at about the same time, a state trooper 10 miles away in Warren called dispatchers to report that something fell out of the sky and landed near Bantam or Morris.

Morris fighters made several passes up and down the lake in a boat looking for a possible plane crash, but didn’t find any debris.

Authorities called off the search, leaving the mystery unsolved.
and Siberia.
An unidentified glowing object is said to have crashed down from the skies in Russia’s Siberia, causing a powerful explosion. A search for the mysterious item is underway amid speculations of what on Earth it could be.
Witnesses describe seeing a bright glow covering the sky, followed by a shining object falling with a strange clanging sound and disappearing in the distance with a blast.
The unidentified object supposedly fell in the taiga forest of the Irkutsk region, 15 kilometers from the nearest village of Vitim, on Friday night. The head of the regional administration said a group of researchers has been sent to inspect the area and question witnesses.
“We will be able to say what it is, only when we see the thing itself and the place where it fell,” explained head of the region Aleksandr Sergey. “The investigators, together with hunters are going there on snowmobiles”.
I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

This is the kind of seemingly weird things that happen several times a month, worldwide. The US or Russia have experience with this kind of phenomenon [1].

I trust the investigators to do their job.

[1] : no conspiracy bullshit, it's just that these two countries have a huge airspace, and had to deal with a lot of Unidentified Flying Objects sightings for more or less the whole duration of the Cold War. It left behind the organizational ability to deal with this kind of events.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Couldn't the falling objects in Connecticut and Siberia simply be meteors? I admit the green one sounds a bit odd.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

They're obviously Bragulan drop pods deploying forward observer teams in preparation for the invasion. The commandos simply destroyed the drop pods before leaving the immediate area, which is why nothing was found.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Actually, from the description of it being glowing green, I was thinking Kryptonite. ;)
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Or just a high content of a element that burns a green
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

It also came down at 2 AM. Anything really bright coming down when it was that dark could easily be interpreted as being of most any colour of the spectrum, assuming it fell really quickly.

Anyways, these things are interesting, but as always, evidence for mechanisms in the universe we don't have the epistemological power to interrogate yet /= evidence of aliens.
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:Anyways, these things are interesting, but as always, evidence for mechanisms in the universe we don't have the epistemological power to interrogate yet /= evidence of aliens.
True. This is why these phenomenon are called "Unidentified Flying Objects" and not Flying Saucers. :P
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

the green whale sized thing wouldn't have been accompanied by a potted plant would it?
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
R.O.A
Padawan Learner

Post by R.O.A »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Actually, from the description of it being glowing green, I was thinking Kryptonite. ;)
Tiberium!? :)
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

R.O.A wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Actually, from the description of it being glowing green, I was thinking Kryptonite. ;)
Tiberium!? :)
Or Warpstone. Which is pretty much the same thing as Tiberium, come to think of it.