Zombie RP?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Zombie RP?

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

well could we do one, and what ground rules would we set for one?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Eulogy
Jedi Knight

Re: Zombie RP?

Post by Eulogy »

What kind of zombies would we play as?
"A word of advice: next time you post, try not to inadvertently reveal why you've had no success with real women." Darth Wong to Bubble Boy
"I see you do not understand objectivity," said Tom Carder, a fundie fucknut to Darth Wong
The Yosemite Bear

actually I was thinking more of a zombie apocalypse with the SDN members who join as the survivors, or basically a troll/zombie virus seems to have effected everybody but SDN and families....

than again. I'm watching TV and high on pain killers dealing with my little Ice walking fail problem from today and yesterday....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

left4dead

fifteen pages of running shooting running oh god gimme pills oh god theyre sprinting keep shooting
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I was thinking of vegetarian zombies.

[stagger, moan]

"BRAAANN..."
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

How about the setting from Fido, where zombies roam free, but humanity lives in 1950s esque cities with domesticated collared zombies. Any violators of the law are thrown into the Wild zones.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

It isn't that bad of an idea (doing a Zombie RP), but I have never seen a good way of doing an RP for zombie survival. I would love to do one, but have too much on my plate right this instant.

However I can do some leg work to prep a game if people are really interested.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

One interesting theme might be to have the zombies NOT have conquered the entire world. Instead, set the players into a zombie infested area but with full knowledge that there is a place to get to that is safe like say a major population center. That way there is actually an objective beyond surviving to the next day.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I'd like to see it set in Africa. I don't think I've seen a zombie film set outside of the west before.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

That would be interesting, I'd have to RP a tourist or something, as I know almost nothing of the area.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Used to have a few Zombie games on LibArc a few years back, during the Urban Dead phase when everyone was playing it. Which was kinda-sorta interesting that it was just the town overrun and cut off from the rest of the world kinda thing - so the remaining humans had to figure out how to survive.

Depending on how you figure it, it could be interesting
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

FaxModem1 wrote:That would be interesting, I'd have to RP a tourist or something, as I know almost nothing of the area.
That's a neat idea. Imagine something like the standard B movie plot. A bunch of tourist are in a small aircraft sightseeing tour when suddenly the thing crashes to the ground. Now they are trapped in the uncharted wilderness of Africa. Oh, and there are zombies after them. African tribal zombies.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
The Yosemite Bear

oh and the endangered wild life now gets to make a comeback, the scary thing will be the zombie child soldiers....

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

What sort of Zombies? space dust from Fido, Romero's special, 24 hrs later rabies?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

How about the standard village turned evil. As in take this article. In our story, the disease would have an added symptom that the effected do not attack each other. Hence out of pity for them and fear for them self the parents of those children abandoned them in a sort of leper colony far away from civilization. They figured that what ever happens the children would grow up too far away from anyone alive other than them self and the animals. And as time went on they did grow up and evolved into a sort of people of plague zombies. The disease that created them becoming endemic in their "tribe". So for all intents and purposes these people are a normal tribe of Africans. Except when they detect the uninfected...

Sadly, a storm blows our small civilian sightseeing aircraft over their hunting grounds where it crashes...