Klingon Academy Upgrade

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Klingon Academy Upgrade

Post by Batman »

Are there any limitations other than technological (and sanity) to having gunpowder powered watches? I mean look at the internal combustion engine. Controlled explosions turning wheels. Who says you can't have gunpowder-powered clockworks? Heck, we use gasoline-powered generators for electricity, no principal reason you can't have gunpowder-powered digital watches.

And I know at least one person who would just love the idea of exploding watches.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

well you have to start at the bottom. Ideally we'd move to something more volatile. Like hypermatter or antimatter powered watches. But you can't just BUILD those form thin air. You have to start at the ground and build a solid foundation of research.

And in true Pinky and the Brain fashion WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD UNIVERSE!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

You first. There's a reason Doom relinquished world domination once he actually got it.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

you're just mad you never thought of gunpowder watches.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Look if you want to take over the world be my guest. I simply don't see why I should bother to try.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Both of you knock it off.
Luke Skywalker
Padawan Learner

Post by Luke Skywalker »

mutanthamster wrote: Obviously the Empire can't, which is why their spaceships need to be so big, but the Federation can, which is why their starships can be so small.
What are you talking about? Star destroyers are consciously made enormous as a design choice, not a restraint. We clearly see Wars vessels significantly smaller than your typical Federation ship, yet pack two orders of magnitude the firepower.

EDIT: stupid me, I didn't check the post date.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Luke Skywalker wrote:
mutanthamster wrote: Obviously the Empire can't, which is why their spaceships need to be so big, but the Federation can, which is why their starships can be so small.
What are you talking about? Star destroyers are consciously made enormous as a design choice, not a restraint. We clearly see Wars vessels significantly smaller than your typical Federation ship, yet pack two orders of magnitude the firepower.

EDIT: stupid me, I didn't check the post date.
Looking through that guys post history, he's clearly a troll :roll:
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Regardless, foul necromancy! Back to the abyss!
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth