Just when I thought Santorum couldn't get anymore retarded..

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Just when I thought Santorum couldn't get anymore retarded..

Post by Mr. Coffee »

He ups and does this shit. That's right, folks... Santorum loves CUM and can't wait for you to splash a hot conservative load (of cash) all over his smiling face.

And we wonder why the rest of the world points and laughs at America so much.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Re: Just when I thought Santorum couldn't get anymore retard

Post by Zinegata »

I am at the brink of preferring that Santorum get the nomination.

Because Obama will massacre him so bad in the general elections that the crazy batshit insane wing of the Republican party will be thoroughly discredited.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Mr. Coffee wrote:And we wonder why the rest of the world points and laughs at America so much.
Because the rest of the world has the mind and attention span of a twelve year old boy?
Zinegata wrote:I am at the brink of preferring that Santorum get the nomination.

Because Obama will massacre him so bad in the general elections that the crazy batshit insane wing of the Republican party will be thoroughly discredited.
Really? Because if the stupid shit people are throwing at him is the worst they've got, it's going to be a cakewalk. He's had people sniggering about cum and santorum, claiming "pli- people's lives" means "black", and accusing him of killing his unborn daughter because she died from complications caused by surgery meant to save her life. Is it too much to ask that people attack him in ways that at least make some fucking sense?
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

That's right, folks... Santorum loves CUM and can't wait for you to splash a hot conservative load (of cash) all over his smiling face.
I don't get it. Did they really not see that? Especially after the whole semen + fecal matter thing? Or were they just so in love with the name Conservatives United Moneybomb that they decided they were going to go with it anyway?
Really? Because if the stupid shit people are throwing at him is the worst they've got, it's going to be a cakewalk. He's had people sniggering about cum and santorum, claiming "pli- people's lives" means "black", and accusing him of killing his unborn daughter because she died from complications caused by surgery meant to save her life. Is it too much to ask that people attack him in ways that at least make some fucking sense?
Santorum is a bumbling loon, and his campaign makes him look like a bumbling loon. Even when people attack him over stupid shit (and he is also getting attacked for very good reasons as well, not limited to being a huge fucking bigot) like that, his response is idiotic at best, and more importantly makes him look more like a bunmbling loon. Compare that to Obama, where people attacked him over stupid shit (No Birth Certificate! He's a MOOZLIM!) and they were the ones that came out looking like idiots.

People have been saying they would love to see any of the republican field in Question Time, simply because they would look like massive idiots. That's not necessary, put any of them in a debate with Obama and he will eat them alive. He may not have had a great run with the presidency, and was not the savior may hoped he would be, but campaigning is what the man does, and he will butcher any of the current republicans simply on the idiocy of most of their own policies.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Grumman wrote:Really? Because if the stupid shit people are throwing at him is the worst they've got, it's going to be a cakewalk. He's had people sniggering about cum and santorum, claiming "pli- people's lives" means "black", and accusing him of killing his unborn daughter because she died from complications caused by surgery meant to save her life. Is it too much to ask that people attack him in ways that at least make some fucking sense?
You realize how Santorum came to be associated with santorum, right? It's because of his medieval-era policies on homosexuals and his generally regressive attitudes. His wanting to repeal "Obamacare" alone is going to lose him substantial votes, while I'm sure the public is going to love his sabre-rattling with Iran.

On the whole, the guy is a horrifically shitty candidate, so why not laugh at his idiotic choice of acronyms?
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

Akhlut wrote:You realize how Santorum came to be associated with santorum, right?
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say it's because it's his name.

If anyone wants to give him flak about his political positions I say go right ahead, just quit being such a child about it.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Grumman wrote:
Akhlut wrote:You realize how Santorum came to be associated with santorum, right?
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say it's because it's his name.

If anyone wants to give him flak about his political positions I say go right ahead, just quit being such a child about it.
That definition came about because he was being a giant homophobic douchnozzle and pissed off a rather famous blogger who decided to launch a campaign to redefine his name as such...
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Alkaloid wrote:
That's right, folks... Santorum loves CUM and can't wait for you to splash a hot conservative load (of cash) all over his smiling face.
I don't get it. Did they really not see that? Especially after the whole semen + fecal matter thing? Or were they just so in love with the name Conservatives United Moneybomb that they decided they were going to go with it anyway?
A lot of people are talking about it. Which might very well be the goal here.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Todeswind
Jedi Knight

Post by Todeswind »

It's most certainly guaranteed to get him publicity.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

One reason I love our electoral system in America is how it boils down the party differences and agendas, and makes everything so clear.

Watching 5 or 6 men all trying to be MORE Republican than the others (and/or Democrat, depending who the incumbent is) really makes it clear what these people, experienced politicians and dedicated party members, think the Republican party is and stands for in ways that speeches and manifestos don't.

Apparently this year people think that 'Republican' stands for 'bigot and probable lunatic.' Their brilliant plan to make me vote democrat is working, and I can't wait to see how they make that benefit them.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Ahriman238 wrote:Apparently this year people think that 'Republican' stands for 'bigot and probable lunatic.'
It's gotten to the point that I dread a "moderate" like Romney winning the nomination, because if he loses to Obama then the crazy part of the Republican base will just scream louder and go "WE NEED SOMEONE EVERN MOAR CONSERVATIVE".

Bachmann may end up the sanest Republican nominee in the next cycle if this happens -_-.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I think there is a good chance that like his friend and former colleague Larry Craig, Santorum may himself be in the closet.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
SpaceMarine93
Jedi Knight

Post by SpaceMarine93 »

And that scheme of his actually worked.

I have lost nearly all faith in the sanity of half of our nation, my friends.
Life sucks and is probably meaningless, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to be good.

--- The Anti-Nihilist view in short.
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

darthdavid wrote:That definition came about because he was being a giant homophobic douchnozzle and pissed off a rather famous blogger who decided to launch a campaign to redefine his name as such...
I was not aware of that, but it still doesn't change how I feel on the subject.
SpaceMarine93 wrote:And that scheme of his actually worked.

A kickstarter project counts as a "scheme" now?
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

...What scheme? Worked how? What faith in what sanity? What's insane here again?

What are you talking about?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Well if you want to continue the metaphor, he and his supporters are spooging all over the naysayers...ohh angry political sex! There's a market for that somewhere. And, with a goal of $1M and current donations of $2,609,486, SpessMareen31*3 has a valid point.

Maybe those damn dirty Santorites understand double entendre and are giggling all the way to the war chest, hmmm?
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Simon_Jester wrote:

...What scheme? Worked how? What faith in what sanity? What's insane here again?

What are you talking about?
http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/08 ... dan-savage
Santorum's problem got its start back in 2003, when the then-senator from Pennsylvania compared homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia, saying the "definition of marriage" has never included "man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be." The ensuing controversy prompted syndicated sex columnist Dan Savage, who's gay, to start a contest, soliciting reader suggestions for slang terms to "memorialize the scandal." The winner came up with the "frothy mixture" idea, Savage launched a website, and a meme was born. Even though mainstream news outlets would never link to it, Savage's site rose in the Google rankings, thanks in part to bloggers who posted Santorum-related news on the site or linked to it from their blogs. Eventually it eclipsed Santorum's own campaign site in search results; some observers even suggested it may have contributed to Santorum's crushing 18-point defeat in his 2006 campaign against Bob Casey.
More at the link.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

So, what, is SM93's point that half of America is insane because a relative handful of people donated money to Santorum's campaign even though his fundraiser has a silly acronym?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov