Ladies and gentlemen,a slow clap for the USMC

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Re: Ladies and gentlemen,a slow clap for the USMC

Post by Cosmic Average »

Count Chocula wrote:OK I just saw the piss stream of the person on the right hand side of the pic. Based on that, I concede. If these are Marines, and I can't see name patches or rank insignia to verify, then the UCMJ hammer should come down on them. If it's a spoof or joke it's in egregiously bad taste.
Eh, the US military has already identified the marines in the video:
WASHINGTON — The United States Marine Corps has identified the four Marines shown in a video urinating on what appear to be dead Taliban fighters, without releasing any names, and has named a lead investigating officer to decide whether they should be charged, Marine officials said Friday.

Marine officials were also attempting to identify the person who shot the video, which emerged early Thursday and has incited a wave of anti-American sentiment at a delicate moment in the decade-long war in Afghanistan.

Two of the four Marines were questioned Thursday by criminal investigators and released to their commanders, the officials said. All served in the Third Battalion, Second Marines, and were based at Camp Lejuene in North Carolina.
Link
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Ladies and gentlemen,a slow clap for the USMC

Post by Thanas »

To be honest, given the record of the USA so far some guys urinating on a corpse is pretty much the smallest offence committed so far. It is not like the USA is not routinely torturing guys or holding them without a trial indefinitely, so pissing on some guy is not that bad in comparison.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs