Diplomatic relations between trek and Wars?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Cesario
Subhuman Pedophilia Advocate

Re: Diplomatic relations between trek and Wars?

Post by Cesario »

Back to the OP, I think the Wars galaxy (did they ever bother to name it? beyond gffa, I mean) would benefit imensely in any point in the timeline that Palpetine isn't in charge.

Trek seems to do a better job of keeping their psionics from going on galaxy conquoring sprees every few decades. Something about the social framework Vulcan or Betazed have going on must be working. Maybe it's just the higher number of psionics in general. When you're one in ten trillion, it's a lot easier to get full of yourself than when you're one in three.
VarrusTheEthical
Padawan Learner

Post by VarrusTheEthical »

Cesario wrote:Back to the OP, I think the Wars galaxy (did they ever bother to name it? beyond gffa, I mean) would benefit imensely in any point in the timeline that Palpetine isn't in charge.

Trek seems to do a better job of keeping their psionics from going on galaxy conquoring sprees every few decades. Something about the social framework Vulcan or Betazed have going on must be working. Maybe it's just the higher number of psionics in general. When you're one in ten trillion, it's a lot easier to get full of yourself than when you're one in three.
I think the main reason that Betazeds and Vulcans do not go on a galaxy conquering sprees has more to do with the fact that they do not have anywhere near the power that force-users have in Star Wars do.
dworkin
Jedi Master

Post by dworkin »

Republic scientists gathering information on the new universe gradually start gibbering in terror as it's revealed the alien universe has common random breaches in it's own reality, beings that regard physics as something for lesser mortals and lifeforms that lurch about eating planets. After learning that one of the major powers M.O. is 'look for a way to circumvent physical laws when confronted by minor inconvienience.' they think about shutting down the portal. When they learn that every third person has the surname 'Kirk' they close the portal after shoving Jar Jar Binks through.

Federation scientists gathering information on the new universe start gibbering in terror at how easy it is to generate power to 'brute force' your objectives. After learning that ease of travel and communication has caused more bloody wars then they can comprehend on a regular basis they think about shutting down the portal. When they learn that the entire universe is run by an energy field that constantly replays some cosmic good/evil conflict with added melodrama they close the portal after shoving Wesley Crusher through.

Oh yes, :D
Don't abandon democracy folks, or an alien star-god may replace your ruler. - NecronLord
Cesario
Subhuman Pedophilia Advocate

Post by Cesario »

dworkin wrote:Republic scientists gathering information on the new universe gradually start gibbering in terror as it's revealed the alien universe has common random breaches in it's own reality, beings that regard physics as something for lesser mortals and lifeforms that lurch about eating planets. After learning that one of the major powers M.O. is 'look for a way to circumvent physical laws when confronted by minor inconvienience.' they think about shutting down the portal. When they learn that every third person has the surname 'Kirk' they close the portal after shoving Jar Jar Binks through.

Federation scientists gathering information on the new universe start gibbering in terror at how easy it is to generate power to 'brute force' your objectives. After learning that ease of travel and communication has caused more bloody wars then they can comprehend on a regular basis they think about shutting down the portal. When they learn that the entire universe is run by an energy field that constantly replays some cosmic good/evil conflict with added melodrama they close the portal after shoving Wesley Crusher through.

Oh yes, :D
And thus we find that both sides have some common ground after all. :D
VarrusTheEthical
Padawan Learner

Post by VarrusTheEthical »

I dunno, exchanging hated characters does not strike me as a good basis for diplomatic relations. It would probably work better if they instead agreed to work together to dump Jar Jar and Wesley in the literary dumping ground that is the Twilight verse.