The Dark Knight Rises Manhattan scene pictorial

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

wautd
Emperor's Hand

The Dark Knight Rises Manhattan scene pictorial

Post by wautd »

Just a cool pictorial on the latest recordings in Manhattan I wanted to share. Batmobiles, Bane, angry mob,... Oh my

Link here (simply click "volgende" for next pics)
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Manhattan scene pictorial

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Weird, I wonder why they have a cammo-painted tumbler. Do they digitally put the batmobile over it, or is it someone else's tumbler?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Good point. Iirc, the original tumbler had the same camo paint (before Bruce got one in black). Maybe it's not Batman's?
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Kind of glad it's back, it's the best batmobilie ever and usually when they blow something like that up in a movie, they make a new 'even better' version which is usually crappy.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

I believe the Tumbler is a military vehicle produced by Wayne Industries, and Batman just got one made for himself as a special order? Note that they are in desert camo, so maybe just returned from/about to be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan?
XXXI
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Tumblers weren't actually in production on any level in Batman Begins though, and presumably in TDK as well.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Probably because they're stupid. The one Batmahn uses is probably not a production version anyway, since it's full of gimmicks, external hydraulics etc.

And really who cares? Bane has a gang, Batman punches Bane. I'd watch it, so long as Bale cuts it out with the smoking.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Zablorg wrote:Tumblers weren't actually in production on any level in Batman Begins though, and presumably in TDK as well.
It's possible that changed though. At any rate, there's two in that shot (one blowing up, the other not) so unless Tumbler #2 was just off to the side (ie: backstage) it's likely they exist now in the military aresenal. Neat little callback if that's the case.

Batman's Tumbler was already blown up in the last movie. Seems he has a nifty Bat-copter to replace it. :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

I should probably mention I don't actually know what I'm talking about, and I might be confusing Iron Man with Batman.
XXXI
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Phantasee wrote:I should probably mention I don't actually know what I'm talking about, and I might be confusing Iron Man with Batman.
Actually that is basically accurate from the first movie, except I don't recall if they were said to have entered service or, like the Batsuit, were "too expensive" or the military just didn't have a need for them.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Kryten
Youngling

Post by Kryten »

The guy in Dark Knight who tried to blackmail him seemed to view even knowing that the tumbler design existed as a trump card-the impression that I got from that was that the design had been kept pretty much secret-pretty much impossible for a vehicle about to enter production.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Maybe the military's rolling them out to try and fight Bane? I can't imagine why they wouldn't just use...tanks, but the fact that there's clearly more than one and they're in camo paint suggests it ain't no Batmobile...
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Am I the only one who thinks Bane looks really, really lame?
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

Yes
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Why does a PRAUN mask look less cool than a lucha libre mask :v

And did you guys forget the regular Tumbler from the first movie that Baleman test drives. They must be mass producing them because Fox went rogue and used his genius to remember the specs so Justin Hammer can make a profit.

Also that Batwing thing is kind of terrible even if it is supposed to have a rotor CGI'd in later.

Intakes, how do they work?
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

VF5SS wrote:Why does a PRAUN mask look less cool than a lucha libre mask :v
Hey, I never said I thought the "classic" Bane look was any better. I just think the new one looks stupid. I mean, what the hell is that thing's function? I just looks a little too much like a costume to a low-budget Mad Max rip-off. Unless they give a good explanation of it in the film, I think it's stupid.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I still believe that Catwoman did not steal the Batpod but Batman let her use it since the pics seem to make the fight as the climactic part of the movie. If this was early in the beginning then I can see her stealing it.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
VF5SS wrote:Why does a PRAUN mask look less cool than a lucha libre mask :v
Hey, I never said I thought the "classic" Bane look was any better. I just think the new one looks stupid. I mean, what the hell is that thing's function? I just looks a little too much like a costume to a low-budget Mad Max rip-off. Unless they give a good explanation of it in the film, I think it's stupid.
It's basically made of tubes, so I'd expect it to pump him full of Bane juice.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Weird, I wonder why they have a cammo-painted tumbler. Do they digitally put the batmobile over it, or is it someone else's tumbler?
Didn't the Batmobile get blown up in TDK? Maybe this is a new one and it hasn't been painted yet.
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP
Captain of the MFS Frigate of Pizazz +2 vs. Douchebags - Est vicis pro nonnullus suscito vir

"Are you an idiot? What demand do you think there is for aircraft carriers that aren't government?" - Captain Chewbacca

"I keep my eighteen wives in wonderfully appointed villas by bringing the underwear of god to the heathens. They will come to know God through well protected goodies." - Gandalf

"There is no such thing as being too righteous to understand." - Darth Wong
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Kodiak wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Weird, I wonder why they have a cammo-painted tumbler. Do they digitally put the batmobile over it, or is it someone else's tumbler?
Didn't the Batmobile get blown up in TDK? Maybe this is a new one and it hasn't been painted yet.
Yeah, it self destructed. Wayne Enterprises presumably had at least two considering Fox's comments on their testing in Batman Begins.

However, it seems odd not to paint it Batblack if it's not Batman's car.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

But in the pics plus in the older pic releases, they show at least two Tumblers. Wasn't there a pic of several Tumblers at a football stadium a while back?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Enigma wrote:But in the pics plus in the older pic releases, they show at least two Tumblers. Wasn't there a pic of several Tumblers at a football stadium a while back?
Well, to speculate, either Wayne Ent. started making them to cover the fact that Batman needed a new one, or Batman made a couple for spare and is either using them in cool plan against the bad guys, or the bad guys grabbed them to use against Batman.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red