South Park Season 15.5 Talkback (Spoilers)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

JME2
Emperor's Hand

South Park Season 15.5 Talkback (Spoilers)

Post by JME2 »

So, the second half of South Park's 15th season has stared. Rather than open separate threads every week, it made more sense to open a single talkback thread.

So far, "Ass Burgers" was mediocre, but "The Last of the Meheecans" was mildly amusing. "Bass to Mouth" looks like it'll also be amsuing:

The students of South Park Elementary are the victims of a new gossip website. An elusive hacker has somehow gained access into the student’s confidential phone calls and e-mails and is posting all their juicy stories. The boys are shocked when they discover the identity of the hacker.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Re: South Park Season 15.5 Talkback (Spoilers)

Post by Darth Yan »

I was greatly relieved that they didn't say Aspergers isn't real (the ones who say it are are morons who are drunken idiots and who are matrix rip offs and the other ones are people who say that you can get in from vaccines). Meheecians was a funny way of poking fun at the narcissist and patronizing way we treat mexicans.
One Two
Youngling

Post by One Two »

Bass to Mouth Delivered in spades, though the humor in that title is lost to me. This is will probably be the best episode of the season.

You got to credit these guys for keeping their poo jokes fresh (yes, I see the irony of my word choice just now) after all these years.
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

It's a reference to Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl.
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

"Bass to Mouth" had me in stitches. I thought we'd seen the last of Lemmiwinks, the Frog King, Sparrow Prince and Catata Fish. Using them to poke fun at Wiki Leaks was brilliant.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I saw Bass to Mouth a couple of days ago and I thought it was one of the worst South Park episodes ever. The only funny part was the fight between the two rats at the end.
(granted, I may have been in a bad mood which may have affected my sense of humour)
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Of the first three, I liked Bass to Mouth the most, but Last of the Meeheecans was pretty funny. I am, however, partial to Butters episodes.

Still, I was howling when Mr. Mackey was literally blasting around by shitting his pants.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I caught Last of the Meheecans at the weekend. Very amusing indeed. Cartman as a Border Patrol volunteer is priceless.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Tonight sees another new episode: "Broadway Bro Down".

After Randy takes Sharon to see the hit musical Wicked, he becomes Broadway's biggest fan and discovers that all Broadway musicals contain subtext encouraging women to give blowjobs to their men. After this revelation, Randy decides to bring Broadway to South Park by creating his own musical so the fun can never end.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Another one note episode that drives itself into the ground. Horrible. The kid dying at the end was funny, though.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

If only he'd been wearing a life preserver.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
One Two
Youngling

Post by One Two »

Yeah ... that episode pretty much had one joke and boy did they stretch it. And it worked for like 5 minutes and then again at the end with Shelly, but yeah they did spend too much time on the exact same joke. Pretty dark (and hilarious) ending though. I actually felt sorry for the kid.

The vegan thing, the "come at me bro" chest beating, and the Spiderman bit could've been expanded on a lot more.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Yeah, this was the worst episode of the season -- and one of the worst episodes of the series in my book. I didn't laugh at all.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Huh. I thought pretty much the whole thing was hilarious, especially the Spider Man jab at the end.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I am curious about one thing about their inclusion of the musical version of Wicked.

Gregory Maguire's last Wicked-series novel, Out of Oz, is due out tomorrow. So given the timing, I'd be curious to see what his reaction was to Parker and Stone lampooning the musical.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

So any thoughts on last week's episode, "1%"?

My take: The twist was too similar to "City Sushi", but still a fun lampooning of the Occupy movement.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

So far I've had the same reaction to every episode this half-season. None of them are particularly awful (like the Cthulthu ones from the last half-season), but none of them are really memorably good (like any of the classics, like the Mormon one, etc.). Enjoyable, but pretty meh all-around.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Watching tonight's South Park, its pretty hilarious how they're making fun of the history channel and their programming.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

And Thor.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

I really liked last night's episode. One of my favorite in recent memory. Their depiction of the History Channel was spot on.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I didn't see Thor, so the parody wasn't as funny for me as it might have been. Still a fun depiction of the History Channel.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

i liked the cthulu one and thought this was a little racist.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Don't forget the season finale's on tonight.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

That was the season finale? Huh. It was good to see Mysterion back, but overall I don't think it was as good as last week's episode.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Last night was ... strange. It felt like they didn't know what to do so they just threw in a bunch of jokes they didn't use in the earlier episodes of the season. It had a couple of laugh out loud funny moments, but other than that it was just really really fucking weird.