Is the live action TV series going to happen?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Re: Is the live action TV series going to happen?

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Darth Wong wrote:I was going to say that I would hope that any posthumous Star Wars material would be respectful of the source and the author, and then I remembered that we're talking about Hollywood so I laughed at my own foolishness.
So you envision transforming mecha fighters and Mordor-esque Death Stars too? :P

Oh yes and I bet they'd borrow HEAVILLY from nBSG. And blasters owuld be replaced by slugthrowers. Which wouldn't be bad per se, if I didnt think it was just copying "edgy" from other sci fi.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Re: Is the live action TV series going to happen?

Post by Darksider »

I know most people don't mind the increasing prevalence of slugthrowers in sci-fi these days, but I for one miss all the pew pew lasers. To me the E-11 is almost as iconic to SW as the lightsaber. They're advanced enough to make it space opera, but similar enough to be recognized as guns. I don't know if i'd want to watch a neo-BSG-ified SW with all ballistic weapons and that god-damn shaky cam
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks