New Clone Wars Season 4 Trailer:

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

New Clone Wars Season 4 Trailer:

Post by The Romulan Republic »

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1188164p1.html

According to the trailer and the article:

-The season will begin with Mon Calimari and Ackbar.

-Ventress will fight Grevious.

-Ashoka will fight Death Watch.

-Anakin's darkness seems to be a theme. Obi-wan appears to tell Ashoka to "keep an eye on him."

Sadly, I don't see any big space battle in the trailer. I hope they'll have one later in the season and they just aren't showing it.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Re: New Clone Wars Season 4 Trailer:

Post by Vympel »

Loved the 501st glory shot at the end, with Rex putting on a Phase II helmet :)
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yeah, its cool, but it was in one of the earlier teasers too, so it was nothing new to me.
TC Pilot
Jedi Council Member

Post by TC Pilot »

Soooo.... are they just re-doing the old cartoon's battle of Mon Calamari, or is this a second battle?

Edit - I doubt Anakin's "darkness" will be anything different than his usual Vader foreshadowing and Padme flip-outs. I don't think his past as a slave has ever really been dealt with. Stover mentions savage beatings in the ROTS novelization, but not much else is ever heard about that.
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Pardon me, but I was under the impression that first contact with the Quarren and Mon Cals didn't happen until the early Imperial era. When did they retcon that?
Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
TC Pilot
Jedi Council Member

Post by TC Pilot »

StarSword wrote:Pardon me, but I was under the impression that first contact with the Quarren and Mon Cals didn't happen until the early Imperial era. When did they retcon that?
Nearly a decade ago, at the very least, given that there's a Quarren amongst the Seperatists in AOTC.
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

TC Pilot wrote:Soooo.... are they just re-doing the old cartoon's battle of Mon Calamari, or is this a second battle?
My guess would be another battle, given that some of the characters who seem to appear in this were not their the last time around.

Also, when that first battle happened Anakin was still a Padawan. He's a full knight in this show.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

TC Pilot wrote:
StarSword wrote:Pardon me, but I was under the impression that first contact with the Quarren and Mon Cals didn't happen until the early Imperial era. When did they retcon that?
Nearly a decade ago, at the very least, given that there's a Quarren amongst the Seperatists in AOTC.
Longer, there was a Mon Cal in the Senate scene in TPM.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

If we take the EU into account, the earliest I know Quarren and Mon Calamari have been sighted is around the Old Republic era, which is quite a ways further back then that.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
TC Pilot
Jedi Council Member

Post by TC Pilot »

Yeah, now that I think about it, from the way of things in KOTOR2, you'd think the entire galactic underworld is run by the Quarren.