SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread V

Post by Kartr_Kana »

So Master Baerne is the Ascendancy still buying the Hiigaran carriers? And yes I'm around, busy with school and what not, plus I've never been a fast writer so maybe I'll get something up soon maybe I won't.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

We are indeed still buying the carriers. No post necessary, but if you happen to have a few spare minutes, a quick delivery piece wouldn't go amiss.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Vinaran menfolk. You won't like them when they're angry.

You may not be able to understand what the hell they're saying, either.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Phew, I'm glad that chapter's done.

Follow-ups should come in at least somewhat quicker succession now; I'm aiming for one chapter a week, which is actually lower than my historical productivity, but there are IRL complications that make me doubt I can keep up a higher rate than that this month. There are... three or four chapters to go before I can call the battle "finished."
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

"Commence primary ignition." :razz:
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hey, I've been using that line since game start. But you can borrow it. ;)
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Even Da Boyz know how ta properly fire a big zappa!
Dokta Orkenhamma laughed gleefully as the gun, HIS zappa gun, prepared to fire in anger for the first time. From far-away Umorkia, something looking rather like this had always been his dream, where da 'oomerian 'oomies had made such a lesson of the great Tyrant Jagga back in the day, but no Warboss in Umorkia had enough ambition or resources to satisfy Orkenhamma. The central zappa was a huge thing, but it had been lacking a certain something...something that the Mek's dreams told him would work with MORE zappa! Mounted in a ring around the main gun were 10 of the much more neatly-focused Klavostani cruiserweight beamcannon, and after a little souping-up, but not TOO much muckin' with the 'oomie componants, they provided just the thing for da Deff Starr's main gun to have the power and coherence over a vastly longer range.

"Kommence primary ignition!" he yelled, and his hench-meks excitedly began throwing levers all throughout the assembly of the main gun.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Speaking of carrier rules, do the revised ones carry over to hybrid troop carriers, just basically replacing the fighters with troops that have no effect on space combat?
Truth fears no trial.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tanasinn wrote:Speaking of carrier rules, do the revised ones carry over to hybrid troop carriers, just basically replacing the fighters with troops that have no effect on space combat?
Effectively, yes. Providing it carries enough troops to matter.

If it's something small like 200 troops, the net result will (usually) be so small as to not be noticable.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'm miserably sick right now, and have decided that I must be a victim of insidious Bragulan biowarfare in an attempt to weaken me while they plot their evil, nefarious inhuman schemes! :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yes! Anglia, the mightiest human kingdom, shall fall! And soon after that, the UN!

Then every Byzon dollar will be worth five Anglian pounds.That is the exchange rate that the bank of Anglia will implement after I kidnap their queen!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Yes, it's that obvious. :)
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hmm. FL, I know I'm the worst offender at the moment for acting as a brake on the timeline, and I don't want to let that contaminate my perspective too much.

But I do want to suggest that you not race ahead much past February 3401 for the moment- the majority of the stories still being told (mine excluded) take place in Q4 3400, and there are still people holding off in order to do Interesting Things in Q1 and Q2 3401. We're definitely not ready to advance to Q2 3401, and probably won't be for some time.

Your current storyline in O-7 is fairly self-contained, so that's not a problem in and of itself, mind you. It's just something to consider: any ambitious plans you make for what your nation does in 3401 might need to be considered in light of what other people are doing now in late 3400.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Right then. For now I'll just cancel Kierger's trip and wait for a more opportunate time.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Nah. It's fine to do things. It's not an unreasonable decision for Kierger to go on the trip, especially since the real power in the Centrality is still the Triumvirate, and they'd probably be just as happy to see the new dictator go off on a grand tour while they consolidate their power bases within his administration.

It's just that people aren't going to catch up very consistently for a while- in my case, I'm not entirely sure what to write for "Kierger visits Umeria," and I imagine others have the same problem. IC the timing of the trip is fine; OOC the timing is a bit tricky, which basically means just waiting for a bit more OOC time to pass before people give IC replies.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

I doubt Kierger would want to be left out of the loop inside the Centrality. As soon as he hears about a possible intervention plan there's no way he'll stay outside without compromising the authority he has.

EDIT: Besides, the Triumvirate had nearly a year to consolidate its power bases. Kierger's worry is that they'll end up turning him into an empty suit. So I imagine there will be some friction.
Last edited by Force Lord on 2011-04-12 12:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Kierger can come to Bragule. :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Kierger can come to Bragule. :D
Hmm. I guess he could, but I'll leave it for later.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Force Lord wrote:I doubt Kierger would want to be left out of the loop inside the Centrality. As soon as he hears about a possible intervention plan there's no way he'll stay outside without compromising the authority he has.
Hah. A distinct point.

Something like this happened to Kruschchev: he left the USSR on a diplomatic tour (he took quite a few of them during his years in office), and when he came back he found that Brezhnev and other rivals had plotted against him to bring about his removal.

So yes, really, if Kierger wants to be anything more than a figurehead, he's going to need to stay home and cultivate a powerbase independent of the Triumvirate. Since most people's capitals are connected by warp gates he might be able to steal a few days here and there, but nothing huge.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Unless he manages some interstellar coup, of course. If Mr. Kierger comes back with some gigantic accomplishment to boost his intergalactic accolades beyond that of his peers, then he's set for life (however short that may turn out to be :p).

So it might all just be a huge gamble on his part. Come back from Anglia, Umeria or the Sovereignty with a major deal: get to dominate the Triumvirate. Get shooed off: be a powerless outcast and possibly get shoved off to some gulag for the rest of your admittedly pitifully short life.

THE KIERGER GAMBIT
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

The real Gambit is that he plans on ending the trip with his close neighbors, people who have reasons to want to shoo him off. It could taint the tone for the whole trip. And no I am not planning anything yet that would do that. But still quite the Gambit.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

If you want to send him my way re: our recent negotiations, I'd be cool to play something out. At the moment I've got no major plot strings going to interfere.

RE: the ongoing debacle with the pirate forces at Zebes, I've gotta wonder if Prussian military theory is going to be shaken up by this or if entrenched traditionalists will just bury their heads in the sand.
Truth fears no trial.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Fin, i am going to say this. Largely because of your faction's historical assholery, the Tau in the commonwealth have developed a Paranoia about bioweapons and have invested alot of resources into making themselves as resistant as possible to them.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Tanasinn wrote:If you want to send him my way re: our recent negotiations, I'd be cool to play something out. At the moment I've got no major plot strings going to interfere.

RE: the ongoing debacle with the pirate forces at Zebes, I've gotta wonder if Prussian military theory is going to be shaken up by this or if entrenched traditionalists will just bury their heads in the sand.
Good question.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Zor wrote:Fin, i am going to say this. Largely because of your faction's historical assholery, the Tau in the commonwealth have developed a Paranoia about bioweapons and have invested alot of resources into making themselves as resistant as possible to them.

Zor
These days we have gone on to use nanoweaponry and bioweaponry together.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia