Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-14 10:44pm
Emperor's Hand

Batman wrote:
To my knowledge, Terry being a demiclone of me is not so far official DC Comics canon.

True, but I still don't care. I'd gladly take Terry any day over Damian -- though the new comic series admittedly sucks.

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-14 10:45pm
Emperor's Hand

Unfortunately, the rest of us have to deal with the real world, where blithely ignoring evidence you don't like is not an option.

'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-14 10:53pm
Emperor's Hand

JME2 wrote:
Batman wrote:
To my knowledge, Terry being a demiclone of me is not so far official DC Comics canon.

True, but I still don't care. I'd gladly take Terry any day over Damian -- though the new comic series admittedly sucks.

Damian is Ten. Years. Old. He was inevitably going to be a massively annoying brat. Which is why I think introducing him into mainline continuity was an incredibly stupid idea to begin with.
And just for the record, Terry and his spin-off series are the reason I think there can be a Batman that's not me.

'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-14 11:05pm
Emperor's Hand

Batman wrote:
Unfortunately, the rest of us have to deal with the real world, where blithely ignoring evidence you don't like is not an option.

Fair enough.

I've become more and more disenfranchised with the mainstream DCU as of late; I'm feeling nostalgic for the DCAU.

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-14 11:49pm
Emperor's Hand

Batman wrote:

Very true, but fictional canon is always a matter of consensus rather than fact.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-15 04:38pm
Emperor's Hand

JME2 wrote:
Batman wrote:

I've become more and more disenfranchised with the mainstream DCU as of late; I'm feeling nostalgic for the DCAU.

Check my location :D

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-16 12:21am
Emperor's Hand

Batman wrote:
JME2 wrote:
Batman wrote:

Check my location :D

Is there room for one more? :wink:

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-16 07:22pm
Emperor's Hand

It's a pretty big drawer. :D

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-16 07:33pm
Emperor's Hand

Batman wrote:
It's a pretty big drawer. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-16 10:55pm
Emperor's Hand

Molyneux wrote:
Batman wrote:

Very true, but fictional canon is always a matter of consensus rather than fact.

If that were true, we could happily ignore VOY and ENT (or post-Infinite Crisis DC). Not an option under this board's rules. Believe me, I wish it were.

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-17 02:56pm
Emperor's Hand

Hrm? You can't ignore canon, or impose your own definitions of it, in debates on capabilities, but in private I don't give a shit if you don't consider Enterprise an actual part of the Star Trek timeline, or if you'd like to pretend One More Day/Brand New Day never happened.

”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Moderator of SDN, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik

Post subject: Re: First Look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern PostPosted: 2011-02-17 05:50pm
Emperor's Hand

Absolutely. But if it isn't for the purposes of debate or discussion, canon becomes a moot point anyway. It's fiction. You can ignore however much of it you like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5