Super Bowl--Captain America, Thor previews

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Super Bowl--Captain America, Thor previews

Post by Elheru Aran »

Well, I watched the game last night...

Or rather, the commercials!

Thor:
Looks cool enough. The people with me thought it looked lame, but I beg to differ. Not quite enough Asgard, not enough Thor in costume, but I can live with what it showed. It really moved just too fast for us to really make out anything about it except Natalie Portman and the Destroyer, though...

But I did get the comment that apparently Chris Hemsworth looks like me. 8)

Captain America:
Schweeeeeeet. Yeah. You get a pretty nice idea of how it's going to start out-- skinny-ass Steve, goes into a box, comes out ripped... yeah. Nazis! The Shield! RED SKULL! Only for a second, granted, but you definitely see a black-suited Nazi pulling off his mask and red underneath...

It definitely looks like CA is going to be focused mostly on WWII, or there *might* be some way that, like, I don't know, Nazis in hiding that pop up in the modern era? There were a good few CA stories along those lines in the earlier days. I mean, that's the whole idea of Red Skull, a Nazi that sticks around forever...

So who else saw the previews? Thoughts?

Also: Did they ever show one for Green Lantern? Just wondering...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Re: Super Bowl--Captain America, Thor previews

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Needs video:

Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Thor's trailer was good, the Super Bowl spot didn't show much that we hadn't seen from the trailer though. The Captain America spot on the other hand was AWESOME.
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I love Thor and Cap.

I have to say that I like the Thor trailer more. Maybe because it is more of a mystery to me. I know what I am getting with Johnny Storm Chris Evans, but know nothing about George Kirk Chris Hemsworth.

He looks like Thor though which is awesome. I'm hoping they save all the cool Asgard stuff for the actual movie and keep it out of the trailers.

I'm glad they are going to focus on WWII Cap. Hopefully that will make his presence in The Avengers much stronger.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I see the Nazi Flying Wing in the CA trailer. That will be interesting indeed
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
TOSDOC
Padawan Learner
Location: Rotating between Redshirt Hospital and the Stormtrooper School of Marksmanship.

Post by TOSDOC »

I see the Nazi Flying Wing in the CA trailer. That will be interesting indeed
Indeed it will. I hope the Red Skull has some other interesting Nazi toys as well. Was that Tommy Lee Jones playing the general watching Steve go into the box?

The trailers both looked good. But is anyone else bummed that Chris Evans is playing CA when he already did Johnny Storm? Because I'm already really bummed that Edward Norton was replaced for the Avengers movie, (not to mention Terrence Howard, but I thought Norton was spot-on)--should the rule be "one superhero per actor" or what?
"In the long run, however, there can be no excuse for any individual not knowing what it is possible for him to know. Why shouldn't he?" --Elliot Grosvenor, Voyage of the Space Beagle
Jade Owl
Padawan Learner

Post by Jade Owl »

TOSDOC wrote: Was that Tommy Lee Jones playing the general watching Steve go into the box?
Yes it was. But according to IMDb he's playing a Colonel.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov "Bridle and Saddle" (aka "The Mayors", in Foundation), 1942.