SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread IV

Post by Steve »

Now with 100% more sentient amphibians! :mrgreen:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread IV

Post by Ryan Thunder »

RogueIce wrote:
Force Lord wrote:Heeeeey Shady, careful. There's exterminators here ready to shoo you off. :P

:?:
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Steve wrote:Now with 100% more sentient amphibians! :mrgreen:
And also:

Lim f(x)=100% more antimatter.
X->34
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Is that a winch on his crotch?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

I think so. I'm not a huge fan of that, personally, but the imagery is otherwise wonderful. :P
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Wait... have I seen ANY anti-matter weapons other than mine? No.

Addendum to previous post:

Lim f(x)=(infinity) more antimatter.
X->34
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, you could load a Umerian particle gun with antimatter trivially, just reverse the polarity on the magnets, but what would be the point? Adding another 2mc2 of energy release on top of what you're already boosting the stuff to is kind of pointless.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Wait... have I seen ANY anti-matter weapons other than mine? No.
I have them, but they're for covert demolition work rather than combat use.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Covert, huh? :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Antimatter, eh? Hey Refuge, do you use antimatter?
Swearing Node wrote:Fuck off.
Umm...yeah. Let me get back to you on that.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Covert, huh? :lol:
Well something the size of a briefcase could demolish a building, so... yeah. :lol:
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

I use antimatter warheads in my heavy anti-ship missiles, and as warship fuel.
Last edited by KlavoHunter on 2010-11-16 11:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Wait... have I seen ANY anti-matter weapons other than mine? No.

Addendum to previous post:

Lim f(x)=(infinity) more antimatter.
X->34

Nova Bombs Mang!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Well, antimatter is pretty ubiquitous... I mean, I would imagine some states use antimatter to ignite fusion reactions I mean...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Steve wrote:I figured Shady would say something over one of my characters saying she and her compatriots had successfully evaded and escaped a Karlack pursuit. 8)
I just read it now. Had a lot to catch up on. They must have gotten lucky and encountered some weaker bio-forms who were busy doing other... things. :P Dedicated ESP Hunters never give up and are known to pursue their prey over extremely long distances. Even going as far as infiltrating other star nations.

I still have some catching up to do, but I hope to do some writing of my own soon.
Force Lord wrote:Heeeeey Shady, careful. There's exterminators here ready to shoo you off. :P
Heh as fun as it would be to crash your little party, I'll pass. Attempting anything there would be too risky. But I'll probably have some infiltrators there, watching. Seeing what some of those ESPers are capable of will be interesting to us.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

DarthShady wrote:
Steve wrote:I figured Shady would say something over one of my characters saying she and her compatriots had successfully evaded and escaped a Karlack pursuit. 8)
I just read it now. Had a lot to catch up on. They must have gotten lucky and encountered some weaker bio-forms who were busy doing other... things. :P Dedicated ESP Hunters never give up and are known to pursue their prey over extremely long distances. Even going as far as infiltrating other star nations.
Well, if you want to have the Karlacks send an agent to Lochley Landing, we could concoct a story given some of my other plans. Though would the Karlacks be that aggressive outside Wild Space in an Anglian-controlled area?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:...but still despite hailing from before the dark age of technology they were still crude and Bragulan, thus modernization and Byzonization was doable despite the dielectrical difficulties.
Hahahaha.

Dielectrical difficulties. It's funny because "dielectric" is a real word...
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I assume it doesn't mean ancient and Bragulan? :D
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric

"A dielectric is an electrical insulator that may be polarized by an applied electric field. When a dielectric is placed in an electric field, electric charges do not flow through the material, as in a conductor, but only slightly shift from their average equilibrium positions causing dielectric polarization..."
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Puny hew-man definitions do not apply to superior Bragulan language!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

PeZook wrote:Puny hew-man definitions do not apply to superior Bragulan language!
No actually it makes sense that, among the many things they had to fix inside the Bragship, some of them were dielectrics...

That is the joke, that is why it is extra-funny. To me, anyway.

EDIT: I'm not planning anything at all for the Esper Tournament; that is other people's baby. I just put that note in Diplomatic Communications because I thought it would be funny...
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

I see what you did there Simon. :)
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

It's not a weapon, but we do use anti-matter tiolet paper. For that extra clean feeling.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

And the CSB works to ensure the smooth functioning of the Tournament.

Shep, are you sure you want to infiltrate a place that is very important to my nation? The Centrality is very much paranoid when it comes to security, especially in a Core sector which happens to hold the first name of the Centralist Founder.
Last edited by Force Lord on 2010-11-17 03:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Can someone give a brief rundown of the disciplines one can participate in at the Esper Tournament?
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes