SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Kartr_Kana
Jedi Knight

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Post by Kartr_Kana »

Yup sorry I didn't reply sooner, I missed that post and thought I was still waiting on you. As for the post I promised to put up at the beginning of the week well unpacking has taken longer than I expected so it may be a little while longer. However I do have posts forming, just a matter of finding the time to flesh them out and get them up.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Agent Sorchus wrote:Hey steve do you have a idea of all the times the UN has been active (ie actively stomped on someones war like the Chamarans)? Cause I have half a mind that all the activity was in a short period of time.

Darkevil has the kitty-girls showing up in the 31st Century, but I imagine the UN's been around since about the 26th or 27th, at least as we know it now, with it's military predominance demonstrated against the Chamarrans. I'm not sure of their involvement in any wars other than the Chamarran, though.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

You do know that it's going to take over 2 days to get to Pendleton, right?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

The UN nearly intervened in the Second Centralist War, but the anti-war faction in the Centrality seized power and ended the conflict to prevent UN action.

EDIT: This happened around the second half of the 31st century.

I'll have Forg communicate with Kordis from HMS Challanger, Steve. But I still have the Black Berets to deal with.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

That works. Though they won't be able to make face-to-face communication until the Kuun-Lan comes out the other end of the Gap.

Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I am going to get the history of the Centrality-Commons-Commonwealth conflict (or as I am certain that someone will note, the CCC combo conflict) up. It needs quite a bit of polish as it stands.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

PM me if you need any help Sorchus, but expect some lag at least. My schedule's been a bit erratic these past few days.

EDIT: And don't forget about Zor. :)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Another everyday correspondence between the Bragulan Star Empire and the Karlack Swarm. 8)

Now I'm going to sleep, y'all. :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:The Imperium-Tau war probably holds the record for the number of worlds subjected to exterminatus by sheer bloody mindedness.

It also involved elements from the Empire of Suzumiya Haruhi as well.
And almost certainly Klavostani mercenaries, albeit in relatively insignificant numbers.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Okay, Zor and Force Lord I have a draft of the History up if I need to change anything tell me.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Man, Steve. That was good stuff. Crazy royal intrigue princess bitch of the universe. NEW GAYMANS. MCMEISTERVATERBURG! And WEIRDO ROBOTS!

fluid exchange as a disgusting organic thing.

Seriously the last bit was what the hell. Very weird and odd and intriguing and curious and funny and amusing. As Simon said, I didn't know you had it in you. OUTRAGEOUS! :D
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

[Pictures the Prussians sending a proud battle squadron to aid the Imperium]

[Pictures Byzantine commander looking at 300-point Prussian battleships]

"Go away, little boy, and do not bother the men while they go to war."
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Simon_Jester wrote:[Pictures the Prussians sending a proud battle squadron to aid the Imperium]

[Pictures Byzantine commander looking at 300-point Prussian battleships]

"Go away, little boy, and do not bother the men while they go to war."
Well, technically, they could fight in the rear...

But whether their help is needed, well, that is a subject of debate between Siege and I...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

If it took the Anglians 80 hours to go from Lochley's to Pendleton, I think by the time the Prussies get to the Koprulu Zone all the combatants will either be moldy old men, polar Bragulans 'cause their furs have turned white from age, and rusted down Collector killbots. :P

ALSO, I edited my article in the History thread. Photobucket couldn't handle the might of Heracules in pictograph form, he violated the terms of use like an unwilling whore subject to his glourious manhood. So I got a slightly smaller picture (so his hanging balls won't be so obvious). :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The shoals separating all the Koprulu Zone powers are going to enormously slow down transport between the sides. It really ought to take a few days travel time just for ships to pick their way through the shoals. So honestly I don't think a major war between them could (or, in gameplay terms, should) be settled in less than a few months. Especially if no one does anything stupid and marches their fleet off into the woods to get eaten by Bragulans or anything.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Simon_Jester wrote:The shoals separating all the Koprulu Zone powers are going to enormously slow down transport between the sides. It really ought to take a few days travel time just for ships to pick their way through the shoals. So honestly I don't think a major war between them could (or, in gameplay terms, should) be settled in less than a few months. Especially if no one does anything stupid and marches their fleet off into the woods to get eaten by Bragulans or anything.
Warfare between all powers has typically been a case of leapfrogging between systems within Wild Space. After a while, we all get tired and go back to either drinking, making merry, or eating each other.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Koprulu shoals may not be as thick as other shoals. After all, Wild Space is chock full of traders and whatnot. These may be relatively more permeable shoals than the normal ones like, say, in the Outback, etc. MAYBE.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

And the adventures of Jaunt and Tyrus continue...
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I would imagine Wild Space has a number of hyperlanes through it, connecting the powers to each other and providing strategic points for wars.

Also, it took 80 hours for ships to get from Lochley to Pendleton because it involved a complicated trip through spider-web hyperlanes as well as a 48 trip through the Gap - that is, going directly through shoals - with 8 hour engine checks on either side (well, probably just 4 hour on the other end). IOW, it took 60-64 hours of those 80 to just deal with the Bannerman Gap, without which (that is, if the Gap were a proper hyperlane) the trip would've been more like 24 hours.

I'm presuming that moving along at cruise hyper through the "black" sectors, or inhabited claimed ones, takes about a day per sector for military ships.

Still, it'll take 10 days for Prussian ships to get to Imperium space after leaving Prussia, and it'll take another 4 to get to Sector T-26. I'm not sure where Tannheuser is either.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

T-haus is in U-27.

I still think shoals have varying intensities and currents. So you can have meteorologists in weather stations inside meteors who will read shoal currents and shoal conditions. Shoal condition 1! Shoal condition 2! Like storm conditions!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:T-haus is in U-27.

I still think shoals have varying intensities and currents. So you can have meteorologists in weather stations inside meteors who will read shoal currents and shoal conditions. Shoal condition 1! Shoal condition 2! Like storm conditions!
Sounds almost like the Warp...
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Man, Steve. That was good stuff. Crazy royal intrigue princess bitch of the universe. NEW GAYMANS. MCMEISTERVATERBURG! And WEIRDO ROBOTS!

fluid exchange as a disgusting organic thing.

Seriously the last bit was what the hell. Very weird and odd and intriguing and curious and funny and amusing. As Simon said, I didn't know you had it in you. OUTRAGEOUS! :D
I was trying to think of a good name for the New Gaymans capital that wasn't a terrible pun or double entendre. Since I'm, well, terrible at those. :P

Then I remembered old Melchett.... Especially his response to my, uh, diplomatic note during the Mysterian Revolution and Refugee Crisis. 8)

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Agent Sorchus wrote:Okay, Zor and Force Lord I have a draft of the History up if I need to change anything tell me.
My only complaint by now is the grammar. Mind if I spruce it up?
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Aaaaand I'm back.

Long story short, my ISP-provided router died back in July, and only yesterday did we get a replacement. Hooray for work ethic during summer! Now on to the pain in the ass that will be demanding a refund for the two months worth of connection fees.

My apologies for vanishing to everyone involved in SDN Worlds 4, and particularly to Steve, who helped me get me up to speed for the game.

Jeez, now I have quite a bit of reading to do.
unsigned
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

STEVE:

His surname is basically a weird mc-germanized pronunciation of 'masturbator'.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!