Star Wars vs Twilight strange debates

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars vs Twilight strange debates

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Raxmei wrote:But could a Jedi win Bella's heart? Should she go for necrophilia, bestiality, or the guy from Tatooine who knows Jedi mind trick. Go team Skywalker!
Who cares? It's obvious that Jabba the Hutt is the right one for Bella! Like Darksider wrote, "my boyfriend is my only defining trait"
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Bella would be a good match for a Sith Lord. I'm sure she actually likes the abuse...

I can't believe I actually wrote that. I can't believe i'm going to post it...

But I did and am :angelic:
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Darksider wrote:
Raxmei wrote:But could a Jedi win Bella's heart? Should she go for necrophilia, bestiality, or the guy from Tatooine who knows Jedi mind trick. Go team Skywalker!
Given that Luke ended up marrying a feisty redhead who was just as combat-capable as he was and was once an elite Imperial Assassin, what makes you think he'd even be interested in little miss "my boyfriend is my only defining trait?"
Bella wouldn't last 5 mins trying to do any kind of boyfriend stealing of Luke Skywalker! Mara Jade would take her out so fast her head would spin! Callista would own Bella too....

How did this sort of debate start in the first place? Are Twilight Fans the next Trektards or something so insecure that they can't stand fans of anything else other then their pet franchise?
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Isolder74 wrote:
Darksider wrote:
Given that Luke ended up marrying a feisty redhead who was just as combat-capable as he was and was once an elite Imperial Assassin, what makes you think he'd even be interested in little miss "my boyfriend is my only defining trait?"
Bella wouldn't last 5 mins trying to do any kind of boyfriend stealing of Luke Skywalker! Mara Jade would take her out so fast her head would spin! Callista would own Bella too....

How did this sort of debate start in the first place? Are Twilight Fans the next Trektards or something so insecure that they can't stand fans of anything else other then their pet franchise?
The Jedi Order is far more powerful than Twilight vampires, yet still this guy claimed that 2 vampires could conquer the Star Wars Galaxy.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Isolder74 wrote:
Considering he's in his late twenties to early thirties by the time he marries Mara, I foresee Luke being a little creeped out at a teenager obsessing over him. Their first conversation would probably go something along the lines of:

*waves hand* "you are not interested in me. You want to check yourself into a reputable psychiatric treatment facility and get help for your obvious relationship issues."

And it would work too. Remember, the Force has a strong influence on the weak-minded.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

Edward said he can't read Bella's thoughts, and the most logical conclusion (based on observable evidence) is that she doesn't have any. Bella would need to get a lot more brains to qualify as weak minded.
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

What about the other Jedi named Skywalker from Tatooine? He's single by the end of the prequels.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Raxmei wrote:What about the other Jedi named Skywalker from Tatooine? He's single by the end of the prequels.
What size of box will they need to clean up the mess left over? Vader is not someone I'd call even slightly emotionally stable post RotS, at all. She's annoying and you have to think about just how long it would take for her to piss Vader off while near him!
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Isolder74 wrote:
Raxmei wrote:What about the other Jedi named Skywalker from Tatooine? He's single by the end of the prequels.
What size of box will they need to clean up the mess left over? Vader is not someone I'd call even slightly emotionally stable post RotS, at all. She's annoying and you have to think about just how long it would take for her to piss Vader off while near him!
Considering the outfit though, Vader would make an even better Master for an S&M relationship than Jabba. I mean, doesn't he look exactly like someone who lives in a dungeon? He could also spank Bella with a light saber.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Fairies and piss-poor werewolves versus Star Wars? No contest. If it were actually possible for it to happen, I think the most likely outcome would be one of these two scenarios:

1. Shuttle pilot pulls a Tarkin and "accidentally" lands on waiting twilight "forces".
2. Imperial forces disembark, one-sided slaughter occurs, only Imperial loss results when Vader kills the officer in charge for not sounding British during moments of dialogue.

Problems will arise for twilight from square one, mostly because of SW weapons: plasma. Plasma would easily set fire to a person or wolf, and that makes it worse for the "vampires" since according to the book cutting the "vampires" to pieces and/or burning them are the only ways to permanently kill them. (I got this information from a rather good video on youtube in which a few people destroy the book in the way described.)

Seriously, there is no reason to believe the creatures in twilight would be a problem to anyone with a shotgun or a pistol who was not ambushed. And just for laughs: A friend of mine did some research (due to confusion on how there are supposedly vampires in twilight, yet the only attribute of a vampire they show is drinking blood) and found it is most likely that the supposed "vampires" are actually a type of fairy (explains sparkles) which is carnivorous (explains drinking blood) and has a low tolerance to the sun (explains pale skin). I think the name of this breed of fairy started with a g, but I can't remember.
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Imperial528 wrote:Fairies and piss-poor werewolves versus Star Wars? No contest.
Whoa whoa whoa!

You leave fairies out of this, asshole! I will not have their good name sullied by association with a bunch of fruity, emo-tastic psuedo-vamps just because they have the shared trait of occasional sparkliness!
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Re: 9000 mph. moving at 9000 mph means that you're moving at hyper-velocity, meaning that there will be significant thermal and sonic boom going on (something like Mach 12). That is not going to be stealthy or something you want to do if yuo want to fit in. You also cannot achieve those via simple foot motion (friction wouldnt allow it. Mike covered this on bullet-dogding years ago.)\

Just because some twit makes a calculation does not automatically make any calc reasonable. Assumptions that go into them matter as much as the math does, and more need to realize this.

BTW as far as Force TK goes and whether it can be "dodged" I suppose that depends entirely on how it works, how quickly it works, and how it is intended to be dodged (move out of the way, teleport, go insubstnatial, etc.) Good luck with people figuring that one out.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:
Imperial528 wrote:Fairies and piss-poor werewolves versus Star Wars? No contest.
Whoa whoa whoa!

You leave fairies out of this, asshole! I will not have their good name sullied by association with a bunch of fruity, emo-tastic psuedo-vamps just because they have the shared trait of occasional sparkliness!
You're right. Fairies are better than them. Come to think of it, piss and dirt is too.
j.eller
Redshirt

Post by j.eller »

Imperial528 wrote:
Problems will arise for twilight from square one, mostly because of SW weapons: plasma. Plasma would easily set fire to a person or wolf, and that makes it worse for the "vampires" since according to the book cutting the "vampires" to pieces and/or burning them are the only ways to permanently kill them. (I got this information from a rather good video on youtube in which a few people destroy the book in the way described.)
I can't help but think that a lightsaber fills both roles of cutting and burning quite nicely XD
And another thing: all the Jedi would need to do is force choke or levitate the 'vampire' and they'd be helpless - if they're not in contact with the ground how are they gonna run or jump at ridiculous speeds, even assuming that they could (which I don't)
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

What would realy happen is darth vader hears about the twilight vampire's, and he 'not being abille to stand anyone else being a bigger emo then him' sends in boba fett to kill them. Boba flyes over the rainy forest town in his slave one untill he sees edward talking about giting shiny in the sunlight jumps out of his ship, and blasts edward a fewtimes kill he's a soldering heap (if i remember right vampires in this universe only die from being burned) laughes out "total emo assholes". bella walkes "you just killed my totally not gay boyfriend, you whant to go out?" he stares at her for 5 secounds "HELL NO" and lights bella with his flamethrower.
THE END
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
Swindle1984
Jedi Master

Post by Swindle1984 »

I keep holy water, a wooden stake, silver crucifix, and silver bullets from bulletforge.com on hand in case I run into supernatural douchebags of some sort.

And I agree, the vampires in Twilight aren't vampires, they're some sort of fae.
Your ad here.
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Swindle1984 wrote:And I agree, the vampires in Twilight aren't vampires, they're some sort of fae.
I hope they're not even fae. I mean, if they were the other fairies would be really embarassed and pissed, and if ancient fairy lore taught something is that you do NOT provoke a fairy.
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Swindle1984 wrote:I keep holy water, a wooden stake, silver crucifix, and silver bullets from bulletforge.com on hand in case I run into supernatural douchebags of some sort.
If true, this is one of the lamest things I have ever heard.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

You know, I've been thinking about it, it would almost make a lot more sense if Meyerpires were a type of fae, and it wouldn't really be a big slam against the fae. Taken certain folklore, fairies are portrayed as evil little bastards with no sense of empathy, who view humanity as little more than meatpuppets to entertain them.

Now stack that up against Meyerpires, in particular Edward:

- He glitters.
- He fucks with peoples' minds (glamour)
- He is supernaturally attractive.
- He is a demonstrated sociopath, time and again.
- His followers forgive even his greatest crimes, and he mocks them for it.

Edward is actually the spitting image of one of the Lords and Ladies. I'm tempted to say the entire Cullens family are a bunch of fae having the time of their lives fucking with this little town and laughing their asses off over the fact that people seem to think they're vampires.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

^^
Someone should write a fanfic about that.

Did I just suggest Twilight fanfic ?
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Sarevok wrote:^^
Someone should write a fanfic about that.

Did I just suggest Twilight fanfic ?
I think it would be better classified as a Twilight-revamp/reimagined. And to be perfectly honest, my next big writing project will be taking Twilight, keeping the general plotline and characters, and altering everything else to see if I can transform it into something redeemable.