SDN Weight Watchers, Thread the Second

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Re: SDN Weight Watchers, Thread the Second

Post by [R_H] »

87kg. I ate like a pig over the holidays and while I was in Germany. I haven't worked out in about 4 weeks.
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

Down another 2lbs this week (about .8 Kilos to you metric users) which puts me at 263 :) I've got so many shirts that fit now I don't know what to do with myself.
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP
Captain of the MFS Frigate of Pizazz +2 vs. Douchebags - Est vicis pro nonnullus suscito vir

"Are you an idiot? What demand do you think there is for aircraft carriers that aren't government?" - Captain Chewbacca

"I keep my eighteen wives in wonderfully appointed villas by bringing the underwear of god to the heathens. They will come to know God through well protected goodies." - Gandalf

"There is no such thing as being too righteous to understand." - Darth Wong
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

Weight isn't really a big problem for me, unless you mean I'm underweight, which I probably am. I'm 55-56 kg, which would be something like 120 pounds or so the internet tells me.

But I am shockingly unhealthy with respect to my cardiovascular system. I basically don't run anywhere anytime, and although I'm trying to change that by jogging everyday (that is, if my legs allow me to) I'm still pitiful. I jog around the neighbourhood and I'm puffed.

I look in the mirror and I'm generally happy with what I see, but what I feel is an entirely different matter. I don't feel fit, I feel apathetic and lazy. I hate that. My mission: to be healthy and happy.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

hongi wrote:But I am shockingly unhealthy with respect to my cardiovascular system. I basically don't run anywhere anytime, and although I'm trying to change that by jogging everyday (that is, if my legs allow me to) I'm still pitiful. I jog around the neighbourhood and I'm puffed.
That's still better than nothing and you should be commended for even putting in the effort. When first moved back out of my parents house I started my cardio by walking around the neighborhood. And then jogging a little bit. And then jogging a bit more.

Now I do three miles worth of intervals. Jog a ways, walk a ways, run a ways, walk a ways, jog a ways, walk a ways, etc., etc. Though during walking intervals I'm careful not to rest, I only slow down and walk long enough to catch my breath enough to be able to do the next running interval.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Run time down to 15min:12sec two mile. :D

EDIT: Correction: 14:41 :mrgreen:
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

85.5kg this morning.
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

Congrats dude. :)
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

I know I haven't been participating in this thread aside from lurking, but I just found some old photos and just had to post this.

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I'm starting over. I've dropped 1.5kg a week for the past 3 and am at 177kg at the moment.
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Wow Kernel, that's a dramatic difference. Good on you for losing that weight. How much did you lose?

I'm at around 88kg now. Not tracking what I eat and not exercising = weight gain. I'm going to start next week.
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

[R_H] wrote:Wow Kernel, that's a dramatic difference. Good on you for losing that weight. How much did you lose?
I was 370 pounds in that first picture and I'm 218 now with a goal weight of 185 which should put me in the middle of my healthy BMI weight at my height. My weight loss has slowed to about 2 pounds a week right now, but I'm perfectly content with it taking a few more months to reach my goal.

The shitty part is that I might need plastic surgery to get rid of this excess skin.
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

I've dropped from my highest point of 297 down to 256 and still going. The bulk of my weightloss has been since November, so I'm averaging about 10-14lbs per month.
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP
Captain of the MFS Frigate of Pizazz +2 vs. Douchebags - Est vicis pro nonnullus suscito vir

"Are you an idiot? What demand do you think there is for aircraft carriers that aren't government?" - Captain Chewbacca

"I keep my eighteen wives in wonderfully appointed villas by bringing the underwear of god to the heathens. They will come to know God through well protected goodies." - Gandalf

[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

I was 88kg yesterday evening. I've started working out again though, after about 3 weeks of doing nothing and not controlling my eating.
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

87.3kg as of this morning, at first the scale said I was 86.7, it's a piece of shit though.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

You have to consider the water in your body as you can de/hydrate day to day or even hour to hour.

I started weight training at the beginning of February although two weeks in I reduced to push-ups and sit-ups intermittently since. Even so and eating properly, I have lost fifteen pounds! I wonder how much fat I've lost since I've no doubt built up muscle mass.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Soontir C'boath wrote:You have to consider the water in your body as you can de/hydrate day to day or even hour to hour.
That too, but doesn't a too low water intake increase the weight as well, because the body retains water?

The scale is a bit whacky though. There were only a few minutes between the two weights. (Stepped on, stepped off, stepped on again).

85.4kg yesterday morning.
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

Just started trying to get back into some semblance of shape and simply realizing the insane amount of calories in the shitty food I've been eating has been a huge start. I wish I had started this before I went shopping and bought shitty food, but with portion control I can still make due.

My current weight is height is 5'10" (178cm) and my weight is 225lb. (102kg).

My aim is through portion control and light exercise to lose 5 pounds in the next 30 days. If this works out my goal will be to lose 50 pounds this year and reach my goal weight of 175lb. (79kg). I am posting here to clearly state my goals so that I am more likely to reach them.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

The Spartan wrote:Still stalled out around 235. *sigh*
Well, not anymore. I finally managed to get things kickstarted and I've dropped to 230 again.

Just 15 more pounds...
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

The Spartan wrote:
The Spartan wrote:Still stalled out around 235. *sigh*
Well, not anymore. I finally managed to get things kickstarted and I've dropped to 230 again.

Just 15 more pounds...
The Spartan, are you doing compound lifts (squatting, deadlifting)?
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Well, I've more or less unstalled my weight loss. I've managed to get back to 230 lbs (~104.5 kg). Which puts me at around 19.6% body fat.

I've only managed that by working my ass off. Last week I lifted weights and ran on Monday and Wednesday. I would have done so on Friday as well, but I was just feeling awful. I also swam 300 yds, biked (on the stationary) 6 miles and ran a mile on Tuesday and Thursday and would have done so again on Saturday but for the aforementioned feeling awful.

So far this week, I've continued that. I did three rounds of circuit training in my garage (pushups, DB rows, military press) and 2 rounds of ab work*. Then I did two miles of interval running. Yesterday I swam 400 m, biked 6.25 miles and ran 1.5 miles. I'm fatigued, but in that good way that makes you want to do more.

*My ab work lately has been 30 crunches, 15 diagonal crunches (touch elbow to opposite knee) to one side then the other, 20 leg levers and 50 flutter kicks.

[R_H] wrote:The Spartan, are you doing compound lifts (squatting, deadlifting)?
Sorry, R_H. I had missed your post. Didn't mean to ignore you.

Anyhow, I don't do leg lifts anymore because of my knees. I've found that I can run, if I'm careful and keep my pace relatively easy, and it strengthens my knees, but if I do, say, squats I end up with my knees hurting.

My weights routine at home is typically pushups, DB row and military press; at the gym I add, at least, lat pulls to that and typically also DB inc press.
Soy un perdedor.
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

Down to 230 today. This is the "smallest" I've been since getting married 6 years ago. I'm hoping I might be able to get down to the 210's by Christmas.
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP

IvanTih
Padawan Learner

Post by IvanTih »

I have 62kg(some 124 lbs) and 180 cm(6 feet aprox).
I've ran a half-marathon,I ride bike almost every day,but currently I'm lifting weights and I am trying to change my diet to that of a body builder.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

IvanTih wrote:I have 62kg(some 124 lbs) and 180 cm(6 feet aprox).
I've ran a half-marathon,I ride bike almost every day,but currently I'm lifting weights and I am trying to change my diet to that of a body builder.
Ah, perhaps you didn't realise, but this is a thread for people working for weight loss specifically, not diet and nutrition generally.

Posting what you did in this thread makes no sense.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Akkleptos
Jedi Knight

Post by Akkleptos »

I happen to be on a weight-loss mode...

And this is what I do:

Wake up between 2 and 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
Eat whatever greasy stuff I can find in the fridge (hot dogs, frozen tacos, pastor-style meat, instant ramen, you name it)...

Go out, run with the girls (Amber, My Weimaraner [please, do NOT pronounce that in English. She will tear your arms off] and my Chihuahueña, Enanita) for 45 mins to an hour.

Evenings, drink as much beer as needed.

Before-going-to-bed-snack: six frozen tacos -be them beef, chicken, potato- (at least) fried in oil for 7 minutes, with cream (full fat) and Herdez or other brand of Mexican sauce (tomatos, onions, chili peppers & spices)

And it's working!

Just tonight a female friend I picked up for a date said "Um... you look slimmer... Have you been exercising?"

Of course, that will work if your average calorie consumption equals that in my Ultra-Mega-Hyper-Diet on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 0905369733
(only for those very fluent in Spanish)
Life in Commodore 64:
10 OPEN "EYES",1,1
20 GET UP$:IF UP$="" THEN 20
30 GOTO BATHROOM
GENERATION 29
Don't like what I'm saying?
Take it up with my representative:
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Is that a joke, Akkleptos, or are you trolling this thread?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.