SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Post by Steve »

Here we are at thread III.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Lascaris
Padawan Learner

Re: SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Post by Lascaris »

So are the Polish and Scandinavian players still around?
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Note: My recent storyline is supposed to be happening in unreal time of sorts. I should get the next part up in a day or two, which should make things a lot more clear for everyone.
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Building military units requires IBP, right?

Edit: Another question about IBP: I have a capacity of 200 IBPs, are those for a whole year, or per quarter?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

per quarter.

I edited my post due to Shady's wishes, all other content remained intact.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Thanas wrote:per quarter.

I edited my post due to Shady's wishes, all other content remained intact.
Ah, alright.

Another question. In the description of an armoured brigade, the following is stated: "10 points/1 year. 2 years to maximum effectiveness". That means it costs 10 points a year, every year?
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Thanas wrote: I edited my post due to Shady's wishes, all other content remained intact.
Thanks Thanas. :)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

No, you pay 10 points for four quarters = 1 year, then the brigade is built, however it takes another year before they finish training.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Thanas wrote:No, you pay 10 points for four quarters = 1 year, then the brigade is built, however it takes another year before they finish training.
Alrighty, that's what I thought.

I have another question, this time concerning improvement/research.

In the ruleset it says "3 to 4: 200 IBPs over 2 years. " (Military technology). Is that 25IBP/Q for a period 2 years, or can it be done quicker?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

It means the overall cost is 200 and you must take at least 2 years to upgrade.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Steve wrote:It means the overall cost is 200 and you must take at least 2 years to upgrade.
Alright then, I'm almost ready to post my construction queue. 'Nother quick question, the last one (I hope :P ), if I were to build 100 fighters, would that be 10IBP for that one Q (because their construction time is a month)?

Thanks Steve and Thanas for answering my questions. :D
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^Yes.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The broken keyboard is still slowing me down, I'll try and get another huge storypost up tomorrow or saturday. That said, a quick reply to the British has been posted.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

And we now have gotten the mother of all fluff posts. :lol:
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

It took a bit of thinking too. :)

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

R_H, I forgot to say, given your situation as Switzerland and the fact it'd be silly for the Swiss to not keep up at least somewhat with military developments, you are permitted to consider your Air Tech at 3 and Army Tech at 4.

I will also permit the emulation of historic Swiss economy strength by permitting an Econ score of 4 or 5, though I will give a chance for objections first.

Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

You people and your medals :P.

I'll be interested to see which way the Nordic Union will go after its change in leadership.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Siege wrote:You people and your medals :P.

I'll be interested to see which way the Nordic Union will go after its change in leadership.
I had to invent one whole cloth for the purposes of reciprocation. :P

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I thought it was the Nordic Empire, not the Union. Ah well.

EDIT: No objections to swiss modifications from me.
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I think Czech used both. Anyway, we'll see where Mahan goes from here. :)

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Steve wrote:I think Czech used both.
Czechmate wrote: PS: Your confusion over our name is understandable - many name changes have been paired to proposals for reform, and their number is truly staggering. We are, however, legally the Nordic Empire and will remain so unless overcome by Bolsheviks from within or without. We are understanding on this occasion, but would prefer accuracy in future.
Anyway, we'll see where Mahan goes from here. :)
Sure thing.

In any case, I prefer the Nordic Union to the Nordic Empire - it sounds much better.
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Ah, shit. I forgot to change the timeframe of the European tour described in the story post, two weeks isn't enough time to feasibly visit all those capitals by rail and boat. I'm also considering dropping London over the time constraints.

Lascaris
Padawan Learner

Post by Lascaris »

Steve wrote:Ah, shit. I forgot to change the timeframe of the European tour described in the story post, two weeks isn't enough time to feasibly visit all those capitals by rail and boat. I'm also considering dropping London over the time constraints.

And get the press scream bloody murder if you do. :twisted:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

As an FYI, I have a new laptop. So while I may be "online" I'm mostly going to be getting it all set up just so as I'm sure anyone does with a new toy. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Lascaris wrote:
Steve wrote:Ah, shit. I forgot to change the timeframe of the European tour described in the story post, two weeks isn't enough time to feasibly visit all those capitals by rail and boat. I'm also considering dropping London over the time constraints.

And get the press scream bloody murder if you do. :twisted:
I don't intend to drop London unless the President has to rush home (and other cities and events would be dropped as well). It might add a few days but it wouldn't hurt too greatly.

Speaking of such, you, Raesene, and Baerne can work with me on visit posts. The offer would extend to MoP if he were still around, but I'm afraid he's apparently out.