Non Alcoholic beverages of Choice

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Non Alcoholic beverages of Choice

Post by Zor »

There have been several threads on the matter of your preference in Booze, but i was wondering on what not alcoholic beverages you find to be good.

For me, i have a fondess for Orange Juice (preferably with pulp and not from concentrate), hot chocolate, Ice Tea (AriZona in praticular), green tea (preferably with mint), mango juice and Dr Pepper. I also liked Vanilla Coke (damn them for taking that off the market). I can't stand coffee and i consider bottled water to be an utter rip off in any place with decent public utilities.

But enough of me, what is your prefered non alchololic beverage?

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2009-12-07 08:52pm, edited 4 times in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Mayabird
Storytime!

Re: Non Alcoholic beverages of Choice

Post by Mayabird »

Dr. Pepper, milk, and green tea. I likes my caffeines but I'll drink coffee only if it's espresso or stronger.
[line 2]
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Orange juice is my sweet beverage of choice. I love coffee, but I drink it black, and unfortunately, I'm kinda sensitive to caffeine so I can't overdo it. And boring as this sounds, I love ice water.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Iced coffee, home made, no sugar, or ginger beer.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Haruko
Jedi Master

Post by Haruko »

After water, chocolate milk is my most consumed drink.
Zor wrote:Ice Tea (AriZona in praticular), green tea (preferably with mint), mango juice and Dr Pepper. I also liked Vanilla Coke (damn them for taking that off the market).
Those half-tea/half whatever AriZona drinks are good. $0.99 for a large can isn't too bad considering the taste.

Vanilla Coke isn't sold out where I live. They're usually sold only in those cases with 12 cans, though.

Anyways, besides chocolate milk, I usually buy fruit drinks that are actually fruit drinks and don't contain HFCS or other head-scratching ingredients. My favorite is Dixie Peach, which is sold by Trader Joe's. There's also a decent strawberry/kiwi blend sold at a local Mexican store, Rio Ranch.

Less frequently, but enough to warrant mention, I brew my own tea, usually Irish Breakfast.
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Far and away my preferred non-alcoholic beverage is tea, preferably brewed from loose leaf.

After that - water

I do consume some fruit juice, notably cranberry and grapefruit. Pomegranate juice is rare and frequently overpriced but it is oh so good!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

I'll drink just about anything that isn't bitter or nauseatingly sweet. Most teas and coffee fail the first test, and the thing that put the second test on my radar was this horrible cheap Mexican soda I once had. Most of the time I just drink fruit juice though.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Serafine666
Jedi Knight

Post by Serafine666 »

Mountain Dew, Crush orange soda, A&W root beer, Crystal Light lemonade, most flavors of Hawaii's Own concentrate, the berry flavor of Propel Fitness Water, and then just a big ol' jug of plain H2O. Oh, and milk.
"Freedom is not an external truth. It exists within men, and those who wish to be free are free." - Paul Ernst

The world is black and white. People, however, are grey.

When man has no choice but to do good, there's no point in calling him moral.
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Non-alcoholic beverage of choice? A slew of energy drinks like Amp and NOS products, in several flavors and the sugarfree ones.
Still, I've been tapering my caffeine intake... slowly ... so my new thing is Sobe Lifewater in a variety of flavors there, too. I want to get hooked on that (if anything) since it has plain-jane sugar, not high-fructose corn syrup.

Lastly coffee and coffee products. I'll drink sodas but almost only if I happen to get fast food.

Not to rain on other people's parades but I abhor teas and mountain dew. Why? They both make me piss as much as a typical beer, shit, mountain dew more so.

edit: Just a thing I noted. Anyone remember Coke Blak? [no sic, that's the spelling] It was a Coca-cola and coffee mix. It was in my opinion mediocre. What I found out is if you just take a normal coca-cola bottle like a 20 oz., drain it to halfway, and then fill the other half with even poorly made home coffee and toss it in the fridge, this is much better. Clearly their coffee sucks. What I need to do some time is get some good coffee beans and a normal coffee maker (not the silver-bullet design I used in my stint at the 1st Brigade, 1st ID headquarters) and mix it with the import coca-cola from Mexico with real sugar.
Last edited by Medic on 2009-12-05 10:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Diet Black Cherry, Tea, Coffee, Cafe Mexicana (espresso drink, also why I have a tin of baking choclate, and a vial of vannilla and chili powder next to my espresso machine)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Tropicana fresh squeezed OJ with extra pulp. I go through tons of that stuff and usually have 2 of the big jugs in my fridge at all times. I also go through a fair bit of milk, sometimes, like now, I'll just pour myself a glass and start dipping cookies because I can.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Serafine666
Jedi Knight

Post by Serafine666 »

SPC Brungardt wrote:Not to rain on other people's parades but I abhor teas and mountain dew. Why? They both make me piss as much as a typical beer, shit, mountain dew more so.
Spending hours afterwards having to piss is a small price to pay for the delicious fizzy flavors that Mountain Dew comes in. Man, it was some good times when the maker was doing that "Dewocracy" contest to decide on a new flavor. :D
"Freedom is not an external truth. It exists within men, and those who wish to be free are free." - Paul Ernst

Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Serafine666 wrote:
SPC Brungardt wrote:Not to rain on other people's parades but I abhor teas and mountain dew. Why? They both make me piss as much as a typical beer, shit, mountain dew more so.
Spending hours afterwards having to piss is a small price to pay for the delicious fizzy flavors that Mountain Dew comes in. Man, it was some good times when the maker was doing that "Dewocracy" contest to decide on a new flavor. :D
Good times? They failed. Image

The once summertime-only Livewire orange... shit was made permanent long ago now but not the GREAT, yes, FUCKING GREAT purple Mountain Dew (I wanna say it was "Pitch Black?") which was around ~fall 2004. The WoW game fuel mountain dew stuff is alright but I do really like Code Red.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Serafine666 wrote:
Indeed. :P I liked most of their new flavors, and that new purple diet MD is good too. However, my favorite is the classic Code Red with a rush of cherry flavor.

I'll also go for that Lipton Green Tea while I'm at school. I liked the Pepsi Twist while it was around, as well as the Vanilla Coke. Basically, almost any soda is really good.

When I'm at home, more grape juice, or cranberry-grape juice. Chocolate milk, cuz you're never too old for it. :wink: Oh, and grandma's sweet tea. I think it's just Lipton tea with absurdly unhealthy amounts of sugar, but it sure is good.

And when it's available, Gatorade in copious amounts. My favorites are the grape G2 and the berry Rain, but I'll drink just about any kind of it.
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Serafine666
Jedi Knight

Post by Serafine666 »

SPC Brungardt wrote:Good times? They failed. Image

The once summertime-only Livewire orange... shit was made permanent long ago now but not the GREAT, yes, FUCKING GREAT purple Mountain Dew (I wanna say it was "Pitch Black?") which was around ~fall 2004. The WoW game fuel mountain dew stuff is alright but I do really like Code Red.
Wouldn't "failed" imply that they were unable to decide on a new flavor of Mountain Dew to market? I admit to being very disappointed that the watermelon-esque "Supernova" Dew flavor didn't end up being popular enough to go into widespread manufacture but the dark blue "Voltage" seriously rocks. Then again, so does Code Red, original Dew, and Baja Blast (special Dew flavor sold only by Taco Bell).

Prannon
Jedi Knight

Post by Prannon »

Water. Water is, above all, my favorite drink and always has been. I never developed much of a taste for soft drinks.

That said, I like a few other drinks as well. Coffee is nice for the pick-me-up after staying up too late, but I can't overdo it or I'll get pressure headaches. I also don't want to rot my teeth. I enjoy a good rootbeer once in a while. I like the occasional drink of milk. Tea is fairly high up there, but I don't like the southern way of overdoing the sugar. Tastes more like syrup, which is gross.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I'm a Coca-cola snob, to the point that I will change my order to a non-cola in places which serve Pepsi products.

Having said that I've got a fondness for coffee that I'm basically controlling on doctor's orders. During my time in college I was seriously caffeine addicted (as in migraine headaches and other withdraw symptoms when I was away from it for a day or two) and it was affecting me emotionally and physically so I've been scaling back since then. I still enjoy a good Hazelnut or, my favorite, a blended Sumatran with Guatemalan Antigua.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Dublin Dr Pepper.

NOTICE HOW I DID NOT USE A PERIOD AFTER "DR". THAT IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO PERIOD IN THE NAME.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

CmdrWilkens wrote:I'm a Coca-cola snob, to the point that I will change my order to a non-cola in places which serve Pepsi products.
I used to do that too when I was still able to tolerate caffeine, nowadays I drink Coke about 2-3 times a year at most. I miss being able to drink Coke and iced tea at any time of day, nowadays I have to drink it by noon or so or I ain't going to sleep that night.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

loomer wrote:Iced coffee, home made, no sugar, or ginger beer.
Yay, I'm a fan of ginger beer too. Ginger ale would have to do when I don't feel like paying the $1.60 for a 2 liter bottle of ginger beer though. Strawberry/chocolate/vanilla milk are great to drink with breakfast. Other than those, it'd be water most of the time.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

Fresh Tropicana orange juice in the morning is a little bit of heaven on earth (pulp, no pulp, or even some pulp, I could care less, as long as its cold). Ice water after a workout is ALSO a little bit of heaven on earth, but what's truly the life is to lean back in a comfortable chair with a chilled bottle of Stewart's Root Beer.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Orange juice (Simply Orange and Tropicana), grape juice (watered down), lemon-lime Gatorade, Dr. Pepper, Coke. If I'm sick I like Sprite and Ginger Ale. I don't like hot drinks at all.
Last edited by Elfdart on 2009-12-06 12:46am, edited 1 time in total.
Razorgeist
Youngling

Post by Razorgeist »

Pepsi, coffee (cream and 3 sugars, I like my coffee blonde and sweet but I like my women brunette and fearsome) and Red kool-aid. Oh and a virgin strawberry daquerie is nice evry once in a while.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know.
I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." - David Cronenberg

"Doesn't Rush Limbaugh remind you of one of those gay guys that like to lie in a tub while other guys pee on him?" - Bill Hicks
Darth Quorthon
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Quorthon »

Usually water and Orange Juice (low pulp or no pulp). However, some of my vices are Lemon-lime Gatorade, Pink (or is it Strawberry?) Lemonade Powerade, Root Beer, Mountain Dew Code Red, Pepsi, Vitamin Water XXX, and of course, Chocolate Milk.
"For the first few weeks of rehearsal, we tend to sound like a really, really bad Rush tribute band." -Alex Lifeson

"See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now." - Valentine McKee

"Next time you're gonna be a bit higher!" -General from Birani

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin." - H. L. Mencken

He who creates shields by fire - Rotting Christ, Lex Talionis
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

SPC Brungardt wrote:Non-alcoholic beverage of choice? A slew of energy drinks like Amp and NOS products, in several flavors and the sugarfree ones.
As an energy drink junkie who has tried many varieties, Amp and NOS are revolting. I generally tend to go with Monster (original flavor), and when I feel like something different, Venom.

Those Arizona fruit juice drinks aren't bad on occasion, though.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."