New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

New Member Introductions

Post by Dalton »

Welcome, new members! Tell us a little bit about yourselves.

Note to all: You are free to greet new members here. This thread will be split off and deleted once it reaches a certain threshold.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Redshirt

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by 2431940 »

Greetings, my real name is Chris and I have lurked on here for a while before joining the forum. My screen name is from one of my many old firearms from world war two.
Foggy NotGood
Redshirt

Post by Foggy NotGood »

Hey all,
My real name is Shannon and my username is kind of an inside joke between my friend and I.

Quick sum up of that story; the car window's were foggy. My friend got fed up with fighting with the defrost and exclaimed, "See, it's foggy not good!!!!". Or something similar. And thus, the username was born. :)

Umm, ya. I do tend to ramble, but will try to keep that to a minimum when replying.

Thanks and see y'all around the board.
"There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master
I tried to save you, but I can't find the answer
I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go
I need you with me as I enter the shadows" -Shadows, Red
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Foggy NotGood wrote:Hey all,
My real name is Shannon and my username is kind of an inside joke between my friend and I.

Quick sum up of that story; the car window's were foggy. My friend got fed up with fighting with the defrost and exclaimed, "See, it's foggy not good!!!!". Or something similar. And thus, the username was born. :)

Umm, ya. I do tend to ramble, but will try to keep that to a minimum when replying.

My name is because I am mighty. Welcome to the board!

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Tornado Ninja Fan
Redshirt

Post by Tornado Ninja Fan »

Hello everyone, my username is based on a throwaway character from DC's 52 - literally throwaway, he appeared in only one panel with a host of other characters and at the end of the comic they were all dead.

I will probably mostly lurk since I rarely have anything insightful to say.
Mr. Tickle
Youngling

Post by Mr. Tickle »

Hello everyone, another long time lurker, rare poster here.

Username is dedicated to the ultimate Mr Man.

Erm, I'm british 25 and loves long walks on the beach.

Ty.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Hi, I'm Count Chocula and my cereal is dark side-ly addictive. Intro as precis to asking 2431940: give with the gun! It ain't a .243. Baby Browning pistol, mebbe?
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

No its a K98 Mauser from WW2. Its a Russian capture so the numbers don't match on the gun. Its still an 8MM full size round. I'm hoping to get some pictures taken this weekend and posting them in the AMP forum. The pistols I have are P. 38 's and they are 9MM.
Negi Springfield
Redshirt

Post by Negi Springfield »

Hello all. Just signed up today and took a look around at the various boards, just seeing what kind of place this is. I have to say I came for the SWvST and I'm staying for the entertainment. I'll be a lurker and a poster when it seems right and only if someone hasn't already said it. Or maybe if a billion people have already said it, just said in a new and exciting way. I plan to have fun and learn a little while doing it. That's me and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.
Vampiress_Miyu
Padawan Learner

Post by Vampiress_Miyu »

Foggy NotGood wrote:Hey all,

Welcome, Foggy/Shannon! ;D Hope to see more of you on the boards!
Usergroups:
GALE Force
SoS:NBA
Mecha Maniacs
Spectre_nz
Youngling

Post by Spectre_nz »

O Hai,

Hadn't noticed this earlier. Long time lurker, only recently a poster. Well, ok, I lie, I had an account 3 ish years ago that I made maybe half a dozen posts with that I then forgot about and it seems to have been locked out in the time since. Innactivity?

Anyway, I didn't make an introduction then but I can pretend to be kinda new now to make up for it.

Analytical chemist/biofuels researcher, intrests include computery, cookery, astronomy, designing RPG's-ery, tabletop scenery (sometimes) and poker.
koputusx
Redshirt

Post by koputusx »

Hello everyone, I`m koputusx. I have lurked for about a year, and I finally decided to register here. Although I won´t propaly post very often, because I don´t usually have anything important to say. Sadly, I must admit that I´m also quite irrational person :( .
Serafine666
Jedi Knight

Post by Serafine666 »

Many happy returns of the day to all. My real-life name is Keith from the state of Oregon in the US of A. Bachelor of Science in History with special emphasis in military and armament history (i.e. the evolution from a Mongol with a composite bow to a modular Stryker IFV with a 105mm cannon option). Extremely active interest in science fiction especially Star Trek/Star Wars. Fan of "Enterprise" (as an independent show), Stargate-SG1, and Star Wars. Thanks to the power of Darth Wong will never look at sci-fi the same way again. :) Extremely interested in the new strategy page addition to StarDestroyer.net.
"Freedom is not an external truth. It exists within men, and those who wish to be free are free." - Paul Ernst

The world is black and white. People, however, are grey.

When man has no choice but to do good, there's no point in calling him moral.
tyciol
Redshirt

Post by tyciol »

Hello, I just joined. I'm a fan of sci fi and like to mock and tell jokes some times. It looks like a fun community.
Twigler
Padawan Learner

Post by Twigler »

Greetings, I've just joined and can't believe I never found this place before since I'm a fan of Sci-fi and Fantasy and do subscribe to the style of discussions going on here. Luckily some older members I knew from a different forum pointed me in the right direction. The BBS in the title made me all nostalgic, so I simply had to register.
I don't see myself discussing SW or ST in any depth since I tend to be interested in a lot of things but only can claim in-depth knowledge in a few fields, and they're mostly historical (and looking at some of the discussions here, I'd quickly have to admit defeat even there for most topics).
Foggy NotGood
Redshirt

Post by Foggy NotGood »

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, and welcome to everyone!

Note to my previous post, I'll try not to be too much of a lurker, but often what I have to say has been previously stated. At least, that's what I've noticed thus far. :)
"There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master
I tried to save you, but I can't find the answer
I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go
I need you with me as I enter the shadows" -Shadows, Red
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Serafine666 wrote:Many happy returns of the day to all. My real-life name is Keith from the state of Oregon in the US of A. Bachelor of Science in History with special emphasis in military and armament history (i.e. the evolution from a Mongol with a composite bow to a modular Stryker IFV with a 105mm cannon option). Extremely active interest in science fiction especially Star Trek/Star Wars. Fan of "Enterprise" (as an independent show), Stargate-SG1, and Star Wars. Thanks to the power of Darth Wong will never look at sci-fi the same way again. :) Extremely interested in the new strategy page addition to StarDestroyer.net.
Welcome.

I would be most interested in reading your thesis or your paper...has it been published yet?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Intio
Youngling

Post by Intio »

Foggy NotGood wrote:... I'll try not to be too much of a lurker, but often what I have to say has been previously stated. At least, that's what I've noticed thus far. :)
That's the problem I've always faced - I don't come here anywhere near as often as the regulars, so by the time I read through recent posts and have something to say... it's already been said.

Lately NotGood.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Welcome all of you, and remember, those of you who plan to lurk... every so often, accounts with low-to-no post activity, or post activity beyond a year or so, may get deleted if it appears that someone's not active anymore. We have occasional "Great Purges" of those perceived as deadwood. So log in and comment every so often.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Serafine666
Jedi Knight

Post by Serafine666 »

Thanas wrote:Welcome.

I would be most interested in reading your thesis or your paper...has it been published yet?
I've honestly never heard of a thesis paper being required for graduation with a 4-year degree. I wrote numerous papers, mind you, but none of them were anything like a peer-reviewed work and certainly nothing that would pass the scrutiny of history PHDs.
"Freedom is not an external truth. It exists within men, and those who wish to be free are free." - Paul Ernst

eion
Jedi Master

Post by eion »

long, long, long time lurker. Finnally read something that forced me to comment.

I'm Sean, of the suburban wastes of Northern Virginia

I'm a dork for name etymologies, hence the username.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Serafine666 wrote:
Thanas wrote:Welcome.

I've honestly never heard of a thesis paper being required for graduation with a 4-year degree. I wrote numerous papers, mind you, but none of them were anything like a peer-reviewed work and certainly nothing that would pass the scrutiny of history PHDs.

Eh...what? How can you get a BSc without publishing a final thesis? From what school? EDIT: Just noticed this. How the heck can one get a BSc in history anyway? it is a BA, not a Bsc subject.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Serafine666
Jedi Knight

Post by Serafine666 »

Thanas wrote:Eh...what? How can you get a BSc without publishing a final thesis? From what school? EDIT: Just noticed this. How the heck can one get a BSc in history anyway? it is a BA, not a Bsc subject.
The difference between the BA and BS degree at my college was that the BA required a much greater variety of classes, encompassing performing arts and foreign languages while the BSc degree allowed me to concentrate in science, including laboratory science, social science (History) and mathematics. I completed the basic BSc requirements before choosing my major; at the time, I thought I was going into a biological science. But then I decided on history (a social science) and was accordingly awarded a BSc in History upon completing the major requirements. I don't know how else to explain how it is that I'm a BSc in History.

And no, in case you were wondering, I didn't get a degree from some online college. I got it from Portland State University, the nearest 4-year school to my home.

AATC-86
Redshirt

Post by AATC-86 »

Hello all!

My name is Joakim, and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden.
I'm very much into Star Wars, modern military history and science, although my knowledge and understanding in these subjects pales in comparison to what many members here display.

I've been lurking these forums (unregistered) for about a year, but finally signed up once the ability for those of us with free E-mail accounts could do so. I'll probably continue to mostly lurk around, but will post whenever I feel that I might contribute something (not often, I imagine :wink: ).

AATC-86 is my very old battledroid alias I came up with in my early teens, with an avatar to match (although it looks like crap around the edges, and I don't know how to fix it).

I'm a big fan of Darth Wong's websites and pretty much anything written by Shroom man. :D
Maxentius
Padawan Learner

Post by Maxentius »

I'll throw myself in here as well. I used to post quasi-regularly for a few months last year, though my activity tapered off once I lost the office job that allowed me to slack off and browse the internet during the day. I still lurk, however. With Christmas break coming up it's likely I'll shift back into active posting.

My name is Max (Massimo, actually, but Max seems to work better for most folks). I am presently a student at the New School in New York City, where I've lived most of my life. I've a keen interest in Roman history and am starting to finally come up on the dissertation after several years as a part-time student. As I posted a thread on many moons ago, my dissertation concerns the fall of the Western Roman Empire, a subject which can be, uh... maddeningly labyrinthine, to say the least.

Cheers, everyone. :D
Rome is an eternal thought in the mind of God... If there were no Rome, I'd dream of her.
--Marcus Licinius Crassus, Spartacus.