Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Who'll challenge me?
Poll ended at 2009-09-02 09:36pm
Invictus ChiKen 33%  33%  [ 16 ]
Alyrium Denryle 63%  63%  [ 30 ]
Darth Yoshi 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Akhlut 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 48
 Post subject: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-23 09:36pm
HATES GRADING

Simple: vote for the person you'd prefer to see debate me in the Coliseum on presuppositionalism. Poll runs 10 days, although I hope we'll have a consensus before then.

"... alas, too many people think consistency the hobgoblin of little minds." -Publius

Daily Nugget of Wisdom from Goldman Sachs:
"I say 'keep the change' purely for my own convenience."

"A space shuttle on the back of an aircraft carrier in New York City is perhaps the most American thing you could have without the help of a deep fryer. I'm surprised anyone in the US opposes it." - Gandalf

WARNING: May become overexcited by mathematics or monetary policy.

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-23 09:42pm
SD.net White Wizard

Denryle, easily.

He clearly knows the material, and should be able to do well.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin

"People tell me, 'Bill, let it go. The Kennedy assassination was years ago. It was just the assassination of a President and the hijacking of our government by a totalitarian regime — who cares? Just let it go.' I say, 'All right then. That whole Jesus thing? Let it go! It was 2,000 years ago! Who cares?'"
- Bill Hicks

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-24 10:01am
Youngling

Denryle for the same reasons as listed above by Gandalf.

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-24 02:36pm
Jedi Council Member

Denryle, for his obvious qualification and what I believe will prove to be an exemplary ability to wade through huge walls of text.

ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-24 09:24pm
Miscreant

Invictus Chicken... for the "LULZ". And maybe he will convert a few times during the debate. :wink:

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-25 12:25pm
HATES GRADING

Vehrec wrote:
Denryle, for his obvious qualification and what I believe will prove to be an exemplary ability to wade through huge walls of text.

Wait, his ability or my ability? :wink:

"... alas, too many people think consistency the hobgoblin of little minds." -Publius

Daily Nugget of Wisdom from Goldman Sachs:
"I say 'keep the change' purely for my own convenience."

"A space shuttle on the back of an aircraft carrier in New York City is perhaps the most American thing you could have without the help of a deep fryer. I'm surprised anyone in the US opposes it." - Gandalf

WARNING: May become overexcited by mathematics or monetary policy.

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-25 06:52pm
Minister of Sin

Surlethe wrote:
Vehrec wrote:

Wait, his ability or my ability? :wink:

I am going to assume mine...

GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Herpetology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-30 04:17pm
Sith Acolyte

I want to see Chicken convert to Islam and then to Deism and then back to Wicca in the course of the debate.

Wolf Ritter
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Why would you celebrate the slowly tightening grip of Death?~Hans Beinholt, German Ambassador to the UN, on Children's Birthday Parties.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-30 10:40pm
Minister of Sin

General Schatten wrote:
I want to see Chicken convert to Islam and then to Deism and then back to Wicca in the course of the debate.

Shouldnt we be striving for... competent combatants rather than "Lulz" when it comes to the flavian amphitheater?

Herpetology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-31 01:52am
Miscreant

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
General Schatten wrote:

Shouldnt we be striving for... competent combatants rather than "Lulz" when it comes to the flavian amphitheater?

Of course, my vote was a throw away as I had no doubt you would win. Honestly, though, I wasn't expecting this good of a showing with the votes for IC. :| I'm hoping other people voted for him for the same reason I did at least.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-31 02:57pm
Minister of Sin

I blame testing?

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-31 03:32pm
Blackpowder Man

I actually voted for IC in the hopes that debating in the Coliseum would foster some sort of sense of logical/rational thought in the guy.

M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-08-31 10:58pm
Minister of Sin

Cpl Kendall wrote:
I actually voted for IC in the hopes that debating in the Coliseum would foster some sort of sense of logical/rational thought in the guy.

That is when you pick a non-technical (but still challenging) topic with one of our mid-range debaters. You dont put the poor kid against Surlethe with a very technical topic when the object of said Surlethe is to see how well he can defend a position that is weak against anyone who knows the material (which the boy does not).

The result will only be the intellectual equivalent of this

Complete with the gibbering insanity

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-09-03 10:56pm
Sith Devotee

Alyrium Denryle wrote:

I'm not sure you're entirely aware what the purpose of the real Flavian Amphitheatre was.

Post subject: Re: [Vote] for the champion in the Coliseum PostPosted: 2009-09-04 02:03am
Minister of Sin

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:

I'm not sure you're entirely aware what the purpose of the real Flavian Amphitheatre was.

Oh, I do. But ours has a different purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]