SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VIII

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Beowulf
The Patrician

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VIII

Post by Beowulf »

phongn wrote:
SiegeTank wrote:Sell him Klavostan, and watch how Tian Xia and Indhopal do a collective spit-take over it ;).
Oh man, that would be awesome. Especially as the mercenaries pitch a fit and the whole thing descends into chaos :mrgreen: Alas, I've invested a lot of money into there with my own shady long-term plans.
I'd just watch as Raj goes and invades.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

SiegeTank wrote:Sell him Klavostan, and watch how Tian Xia and Indhopal do a collective spit-take over it ;).

Now, now gentlemen its somewhere else's turn to be the center of great power machinations and possible crisis.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Ryan Thunder wrote:EDIT: Well if that's it, then I should get to retroactively tack on a larger force myself...
Oh no you don't. The rest of us only expanded by a process of in-game building. As far as I know, nobody magic-ed in new forces after Shep and Skim did their thing. And if they did, they're buttholes. But no, no magic new units. You want a larger force, you can pay for it like the rest of us.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Ah, the IRT...always ready to swoop in and profit from other people's work, huh? :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

BTW I went and updated the ORBAT entry on factions in the CFR, a least to show which groups are no longer in existence and to show that Yorkshires forces have gotten much bigger due to Indhopal's largess.

Seigetank, I didn't touch the Winter Army because I'm not sure what exactly you've done with them.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Stas Bush wrote:http://sdnworld.wikia.com/wiki/T-95_Main_Battle_Tank
http://sdnworld.wikia.com/wiki/Coalitio ... ery_system

Dun dun dun! I mastered the Wiki! Soon Fingolfin and Shady won't have to bother since I'll catalogue all the latest military shit we have and place it into nice wiki pages, one for each new weapon we have!
Hey, remember that CATO isn't just Warsaw-pact gear, Shroomania and PeZookia also use Western/NATO-standard kit. So if there's something in the decadent capitalist pigdogs' arsenal that you like to add to the Combined CATO wargear, then just say that it was originally 'made in PeZookia/Shroomania' or something. :)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Raj Ahten wrote:Seigetank, I didn't touch the Winter Army because I'm not sure what exactly you've done with them.
Thanks, I'll write up something fun for them.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

PeZook, you need to write that follow up to my little "adventure" into your area. :D

Oh and on making and rearranging new forces; I did redo mine when I returned but to be fair, I did use the points system to an extent.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Bluewolf wrote:PeZook, you need to write that follow up to my little "adventure" into your area. :D
Oh, I will. Right now I'm kinda busy, ahem, the other plot.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Oh thats fine. I was just asking.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Stas Bush wrote:http://sdnworld.wikia.com/wiki/T-95_Main_Battle_Tank
http://sdnworld.wikia.com/wiki/Coalitio ... ery_system

Dun dun dun! I mastered the Wiki! Soon Fingolfin and Shady won't have to bother since I'll catalogue all the latest military shit we have and place it into nice wiki pages, one for each new weapon we have!
Hey, remember that CATO isn't just Warsaw-pact gear, Shroomania and PeZookia also use Western/NATO-standard kit. So if there's something in the decadent capitalist pigdogs' arsenal that you like to add to the Combined CATO wargear, then just say that it was originally 'made in PeZookia/Shroomania' or something. :)
That's up to you to add it... right?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Cialan is wise to send his spies to PeZookia. In the UCSR, the KGB and NOD would do bad things to them. Same with Byzantium and its Inquisitors.

And in Shroomania, they would get trampled on by elephants.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Cialan is wise to send his spies to PeZookia. In the UCSR, the KGB and NOD would do bad things to them. Same with Byzantium and its Inquisitors.

And in Shroomania, they would get trampled on by elephants.
Given the legendary PeZookian stinginess, bribes should do plenty. :D
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Inquisitors.
Are they ever expected? :wink:
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Bluewolf wrote:
Inquisitors.
Are they ever expected? :wink:
I guess the o' name for the Byzantine Intelligence Agency is the Imperial Inquisitorius. :D
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Good point. By the way, you should TOTALLY have Inquisitors to be Emperor Heraclius' own personal intelligence apparatus.

And they must be led by a spy chief named Septimus.

Who in Stardust is played by Mark Strong, who is also the Jordanian chief of intelligence in Body of Lies.

Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Raj, I took the liberty of loading the updated bits you wrote on the CFR onto the wiki. I also wrote a quick and dirty update on the Winter Army, I'll get around to fleshing out their OOB sometime soon-ish.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

SiegeTank wrote:Raj, I took the liberty of loading the updated bits you wrote on the CFR onto the wiki. I also wrote a quick and dirty update on the Winter Army, I'll get around to fleshing out their OOB sometime soon-ish.
Alright, it looks good so far. One of these days I'll have to put some things into the wiki....
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

PeZook wrote:Ah, the IRT...always ready to swoop in and profit from other people's work, huh? :D
But of course.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Seigetank I dig your description of the Winter Army's capital. I imagine that while the city is becoming somewhat developed, the countryside is still languishing for the most part. In other words we got the Sudan model of development where Khartoum has high end grocery stores and the country side is still subsistence farming for the most part.

Is that a pretty accurate statement?
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Raj Ahten wrote:Seigetank I dig your description of the Winter Army's capital. I imagine that while the city is becoming somewhat developed, the countryside is still languishing for the most part. In other words we got the Sudan model of development where Khartoum has high end grocery stores and the country side is still subsistence farming for the most part.

Is that a pretty accurate statement?
Pretty much, yes. It's not quite as bad as Sudan, but Kircaldy and its immediate vicinity are definitely the high-end of the region, the majority of the highlands still are very poor, very underdeveloped, and much less safe. Of course now that the capital is secure, the arrival of 4th Parachute, and money flowing in, the restoration of the rest of the territory will take less time than the 10 years it took Fimbulwinter to get to where it's now.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So I was meandering around the Wiki and I was thinking. Fin, if your F-12s are grounded awaiting avionics upgrades, I'll take some off your hands if you're interested. You know, as a show that Byzantium and Shinra don't have to hate each other forever?
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

SiegeTank wrote: I've elected to call it Zanzibar because I ran out of inspiration in a most spectacular fashion.

You're just asking for Shroom to start posting MGS game pics and talking about bizarre Shroomizations of Solid Snake, Otacon, etc, y'know that right?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Steve wrote:You're just asking for Shroom to start posting MGS game pics and talking about bizarre Shroomizations of Solid Snake, Otacon, etc, y'know that right?
In fact I did not, having never played a single incarnation of the MGS series... Though I take it there's bits of it that take place on Zanzibar?

As an aside, would it be all right if state plantations of the King of Zanzibar are the world's largest producer of bananas? Producing forty percent of the world's bananas, a source of great pride for the islanders. On Zanzibar, bananas are not a laughing matter!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

SiegeTank wrote:As an aside, would it be all right if state plantations of the King of Zanzibar are the world's largest producer of bananas? Producing forty percent of the world's bananas, a source of great pride for the islanders. On Zanzibar, bananas are not a laughing matter!
I take it this would be banned there?