Temp bans for Ted and Shep

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Temp bans for Ted and Shep

Post by AdmiralKanos »

OK, after the events of this weekend, it has become clear to me that at least two persons are bound and determined to be shit-disturbers lately. Ted and MkSheppard have been deliberately goading people, inciting hostilities, and otherwise disrupting the board. Neither seems to have any agenda lately other than to annoy people and get them up in arms.

However, at the same time, I recognize that both of them can and have behaved better in the past. They do not deserve permanent bans. However, a "cooling off" period might be a good idea, as suggested by quite a few people. So, this board will be free of Ted and Shep for a week.

Keep in mind that if they have a problem, they could probably try to get back in with a new account, but for their own good (and I hope they're reading this), they should both try to cool down themselves.
Last edited by AdmiralKanos on 2003-02-16 06:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I see no result coming from either.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Good, they both knew what they were doing and paid the price.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Yes, this has been a stranger than usual weekend. Well not really, they just acted the way they normally do, just more of it.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Yay! Lets get as many posts in about New York as possible without Shep bashing it! :D
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Yay! Lets get as many posts in about New York as possible without Shep bashing it! :D
I honestly have no idea what the fuck problem Ted and Shep have with New York. I've only visited there only once, and it certainly wasn't the shithole that its detractors make it out to be.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Shep, I think, it's because he's from Maryland, and everyone I've met from Maryland has either hated New York, been an unhinged loon, a Confederate, or dead. In Shep's case, probably 'all of the above'.

Ted just hates New York because he's a knee-jerk anti-American who's bias borders on some sort of racism.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

AdmiralKanos wrote:I honestly have no idea what the fuck problem Ted and Shep have with New York. I've only visited there only once, and it certainly wasn't the shithole that its detractors make it out to be.
Sometimes, it seems like everything Ted knows about people in the US comes from late-night sitcom reruns. His stereotyping is ludicrous sometimes.
JADAFETWA
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

AdmiralKanos wrote:
IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Yay! Lets get as many posts in about New York as possible without Shep bashing it! :D
I honestly have no idea what the fuck problem Ted and Shep have with New York. I've only visited there only once, and it certainly wasn't the shithole that its detractors make it out to be.
Me either, but I think it's most likely jealousy. I know this sounds really egotistical and arrogant, but frankly I think anyone that "hates" New York without saying why is just jealous. Just like you said, there is nothing seriously wrong with New York. This is what leads me to the conclusion that it's just jealousy. The thing I don't like is how the city is run, but a lot of cities are like that. It's one of the biggest, most populous, most wealthy cities in the world. And they hate it. Hmm....why not hate Hong Kong or Seattle or San Francisco or Tokyo or Los Angeles or Mexico City or Chicago or any other city? Because New York gets the most attention. It's jealousy.

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

New York is cool. That's where I saw Han Solo in the flesh.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

HemlockGrey wrote:Shep, I think, it's because he's from Maryland, and everyone I've met from Maryland has either hated New York, been an unhinged loon, a Confederate, or dead. In Shep's case, probably 'all of the above'.

Ted just hates New York because he's a knee-jerk anti-American who's bias borders on some sort of racism.
Shep is frustrated because he's a hard-right conservative in one of the most liberal states in the Union (and frankly, he's got issues about Maryland even being IN the Union, but that's for another time). New York represents everything Shep hates about the East Coast liberal elite that have, in his mind, run Maryland into the ground. A lot of southerners feel the same way about the city--it's the heart of Yankeeland and the diametric opposite of the genteel southern ideal.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

IG-88E wrote:
AdmiralKanos wrote:I honestly have no idea what the fuck problem Ted and Shep have with New York. I've only visited there only once, and it certainly wasn't the shithole that its detractors make it out to be.
Sometimes, it seems like everything Ted knows about people in the US comes from late-night sitcom reruns. His stereotyping is ludicrous sometimes.
Ideed, and agreed.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Amazing. Just being either 1. gay or 2. from New York is enough to piss him off. I'm shocked. No, really.

Alright, alright, so I'm not surprised.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Dalton wrote:Amazing. Just being either 1. gay or 2. from New York is enough to piss him off. I'm shocked. No, really.

Alright, alright, so I'm not surprised.
And heaven forbid you're a gay guy FROM New York.

OK, that's my last bash for this thread.
JADAFETWA
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

LOL I bet seeing the gay parade in New York City is enough to give him a heart attack. :lol:

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

How long is temporarry. At least 3 months would be too short.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

A week.
JADAFETWA
Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Alright, now you are bashing Shep without giving him a chance to retaliate. That is somewhat cowardly, throwing punches while someone can't defend themselves.

Plus, RedImperator is right. Most southerners (including myself) don't really care too much for New York because it is the exact opposite of us. Just the same as they think of all southerners as illiterate, uncultured, hicks.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

IG-88E wrote:
You know, I don't agree with some American policies and some of the things they've done, but to hate a country and its entire population for this is ludicrous. To bash the people of a nation because "they elected Bush" or that "Clinton had sex and lied" and other such stupid issues and then hold a rabid hatred for them is just stupid. It sounds like it's a crime to be American.

I've spent almost four years living in America, and you know what? It's a great country full of good people, it's a little bit different from Canada but I felt right at home there. I've been to New York among other places and I loved every minute of it.

I've lived in and been to more places than most people will in a lifetime, and everywhere I've gone there's been one constant, good people. Whether it be in small town Nova Scotia or Ontario, Quebec, Toronto, Ottawa, Kuwait, Nepal, Philippines, Princeton, Trenton, New York, and Boston among other places, I've always found that I'm surrounded by good hearted people. People are less different than you think they are, and it really is a small world.
Last edited by J on 2003-02-09 11:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Unlocked and ruthless hijack HOSed.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

I missed most of what got them temp banned this weekend, but I saw how Ted was inconsiderate to Zaia. Hopefully they will calm down and be able to return.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

I wonder what Ted would say if he knew I was from New York City.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

NF_Utvol wrote:Alright, now you are bashing Shep without giving him a chance to retaliate. That is somewhat cowardly, throwing punches while someone can't defend themselves.
You're talking about someone who tried shooting a man in the back. He's never shown any problem with attacking people verbally or physically who can't defend themselves. This doesn't justify other people's behavior, but it does show the irony of the situation.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Dalton wrote:Unlocked and ruthless hijack HOSed.
I have a post in the HOS!!!
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
:P

Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Sonnenburg wrote:
NF_Utvol wrote:Alright, now you are bashing Shep without giving him a chance to retaliate. That is somewhat cowardly, throwing punches while someone can't defend themselves.
You're talking about someone who tried shooting a man in the back. He's never shown any problem with attacking people verbally or physically who can't defend themselves. This doesn't justify other people's behavior, but it does show the irony of the situation.
Ahem. The only people that cannot defend themselves are Shep and Ted. Nothing is stopping anyone else from posting when one thier 'views' came into play. So, there is no irony here. Either way. I'm sure they can still read the boards and will be reading this regardless.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am