Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover) (Update!)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Supernatural Taisen (Megacrossover)

Post by Majin Gojira »

al103 wrote:Stats x 10 for power drain IS a good spell.
And it would make the spell a power level 18 -- in other words, Cthulhu would have to roll really well in order to cast it. Everyone else would be boned and pretty much auto-miscast. Hell, even if it was only the minorest of enhancements, it would increase the power level 8, which would only be castable by the most powerful of magicians.

Other things were just mildly mocking gag responses.
With Negima and Nanoha added to your universe, you should probably add a new spell:

Instant Runes
It's not really a spell and more of a visual flavor added to the experience, IMO.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Hmmm. How about General Hammond in Prometheus? It's not SRW inspired if we don't have a big ship. I'd try that myself, but not having played the games or having any accurate information on the mechanics holds me back.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Lemme See...

USS Prometheus (BC-303) (George Hammond, Kirtland, and Erin Gant)
Abilities:
Battleship - Units can Dock inside the ships, renewing Ammo and EN, and repairing damage at a cost of 5 Will. Can switch weapons and Weapon Packs of Docked units. Can switch Docked Active units with Reserve units up to three times per battle.
Skills
Command
Gunfight
Spirit Commands (Hammond):
Strike
Guard
Assail
Trust
Guts
Valor
Spirit Commands (Kirtland):
Scan
Cheer
Snipe
Spirit
Alert
Luck
Spirit Commands (Gant):
Focus
Bless - Casts "Luck" on an ally
Enable - Allows a unit that has already acted to take another turn
Faith
Prayer - Removes all status effects from an ally
Renew

Attacks:
Railgun (Ranged)(Move) - The Prometheus opens with a staggered barrage of railgun fire.
Anti-ship Missiles (Ranged)(Nuclear) - The Prometheus fires a pair of Naquada-enhanced nukes
Alpha Strike (Ranged) - The Prometheus launches a squadron of F301s which make an attack run on the enemy

How's that?
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Well, I would have thought about giving it the HP recovery skill to represent damage control and regenerating shields. Also, I'm a bit skeptical of having it be both a carrier for other units as well as having F302s for one of its attacks, since that just seems redundant. My choice for a third attack would have been the Asgard beam weapon, but I'd have left it unsueable due to consuming more energy than Prometheus actually has, so that would have been kinda a dick move on my part.

That said, I couldn't be happier with your choice of Spirit commands, and it's very nice overall. Hammond seems to favor tanking and healing, Kirkland is more attack focused, and Gant is all about helping the allies. Given what I remember about their command styles, that's more than fitting.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Vehrec wrote:Well, I would have thought about giving it the HP recovery skill to represent damage control and regenerating shields.
I forgot about the shield, but I added the Healing Commands to represent Damage Control (Maybe I should make Kirtland have Vigor, though). Most Battleship units don't have HP recovery unless they can actually regenerate.
Also, I'm a bit skeptical of having it be both a carrier for other units as well as having F302s for one of its attacks, since that just seems redundant. My choice for a third attack would have been the Asgard beam weapon, but I'd have left it unsueable due to consuming more energy than Prometheus actually has, so that would have been kinda a dick move on my part.
Well, Red Shirt units and minor characters usually don't get represented in these games in combat unless as an attack usable by their commander (seen here at about 1:57 where the Lighting Strike calls in the Astray Girls), and I've always liked it the few times a carrier ship actually uses it's complement of fightercraft.

I didn't add any beam weapons because, as all the information I've gathered says, the Prometheus never got those, especially not before the Antarctica battle. If that(or whatever else Majin's deranged mind can come up with) happens in this story however, I'll make another profile. This is just the Prometheus as it was in that fight.

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Fair enough, I suppose actual regeneration might be taking it a bit too far.

IIRC, the Asgard weapon was a gift from Thor at the same time as the shield upgrade, but he neglected to include a generator to power it. As a result, they never were able to use it before Prometheus bit the dust. It presumably would have been similar to other Asgard weapons, but as I said we never saw the blasted thing. It may have been removed for study as it's mass and bulk would have taken up space on the ship that could have been put to other uses.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Well, I'm at a crossroads at the moment for which event should happen next.

I've boiled it down to two options that I enjoy, but want reader thought on it.

Option 1) More world hopping.

For the next few chapters (~3), we'd focus on characters outside the SGC for the most part as events across the world begin to hint at the horrors to come. Places struck may include two of the following locations: Florence, Italy; Los Angeles, California; Chicago, Illinois.

Mission Titles: {{Zenith of the Gaurdians}}, {{Not Fade Away}}, {{Mage Alliance}}

Option 2) Get back to Jack!

Jack and the RahXephon on a Mission in Japan against a possible source of the signal that's attracting horrors to the earth. From there, SGC/RahXephon missions would intersperce the world tour missions.

Mission Title:
{{The Terrible Predator}}, {{Return of the Monsters}}, {{S.C.A.L.E.}}, {{Yapool's Rebirth}}

It hints at things to come a bit--some titles are more revealing than others.

So, which rout, Players?
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

With mixed feelings I must say that option 2 is probably the better option. How ever the god machine has had it's first moment to shine and I think that the other option might keep the god machine wondrous.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

I hate to vote against daikaiju goodness, but with Not Fade Away as a mission title, I've got to throw my vote in for Option 1.
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Arg, a Route Split! Gargoyles or SG-1/Nanoha? Giant dragons or Savage Dragon? Choices, choices!

Okay, my suggestion is, whichever route we do take, we also get short glimpses of what the events of the other route implies, rather than the usual infodump at the end.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

SAMAS wrote:Arg, a Route Split! Gargoyles or SG-1/Nanoha? Giant dragons or Savage Dragon? Choices, choices!

To be perfectly clear, the choice is more: "Characters we have met already" vs. "Characters who have yet to be introduced for the most part."
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Same difference. The question is often more of: "Which characters do we want to see more?"

Problem is, you're playing coy with what that entails. :)

How about Option 1, with some short story-only updates on what's going on with the others? (maybe in news reports that give vague hints, then the full story after they merge)

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

If route 2 have first visit at Mahora then route 2. If not - if route 1 have Dresden (with one of locations and mission name it's obvious) then route 1. If also not - if route 1 have Angel/Buffy crew (again - locaaaation) then route 1. If this not too - then route 2 after all - Jack, Nanoha, Yuuno-Daniel comparison (Jack MUST do it)...
Proud Nanoha/Yuuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

PS. Also support canon Nanoha/job, Honor/job and semicanon Rein/Agito.
PPS. In process of considering reborn Sankt Kaizer/reborn GEoM.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Good points. :D

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Darn, my habit of coyness has turned against me!

To only tease furhter:

Route 1 grants the following new additions: Devil May Cry, Grendizer and the Runaways.

Route 2 grants the following new additions: Ultraman Mebius, Godzilla and Mechagodzilla is finally unveiled.

Others may be included, some of which have been mentioned above.

Both routs will begin with a teaser scene involving Hellsing and Negima--one that literally crystalized last night. It's giving me the giggles just thinking of it, so there's no way in hell I can't NOT do it now.

And that makes two scenes those two series have granted my brain so far. The other I can hint at only with this very spoilery snibit of something else entirely.
Browncoat

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

I vote option 2. Now is not the time to start a new save file from scratch just to enjoy the other half of the storyline!
al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Majin Gojira wrote:Route 1 grants the following new additions: Devil May Cry, Grendizer and the Runaways.
Not interested, not interested and Buffy spinoff i know nothing about.
Majin Gojira wrote:Route 2 grants the following new additions: Ultraman Mebius, Godzilla and Mechagodzilla is finally unveiled.
Know nothing about and not interested.

Result - nothing changes in my opinion.
Majin Gojira wrote:Both routs will begin with a teaser scene involving Hellsing and Negima--one that literally crystalized last night. It's giving me the giggles just thinking of it, so there's no way in hell I can't NOT do it now.
Alucard vs Girlicard? I'm loled.
Majin Gojira wrote: And that makes two scenes those two series have granted my brain so far. The other I can hint at only with this very spoilery snibit of something else entirely.
For some things i love Battle Moon Wars...

PS. Want BMW crossover... with Dark Saber vs Signum... Anyone watched to second counterattack knows why - and Saber/Signum comparison is old thing also. And Haruuuuuuuuuuuuuuna...
Proud Nanoha/Yuuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

al103 wrote:
Majin Gojira wrote:Route 1 grants the following new additions: Devil May Cry, Grendizer and the Runaways.
Runaways is a Marvel comic, and has nothing to do with Buffy. In fact, Majin's Avy is a character from the series. Specifically, an 11-year-old girl lifting an H2 over her head.
Majin Gojira wrote:Route 2 grants the following new additions: Ultraman Mebius, Godzilla and Mechagodzilla is finally unveiled.
Know nothing about and not interested.

Result - nothing changes in my opinion.[/quote] Not interested in Godzilla? HERETIC!!
Majin Gojira wrote:Both routs will begin with a teaser scene involving Hellsing and Negima--one that literally crystalized last night. It's giving me the giggles just thinking of it, so there's no way in hell I can't NOT do it now.
Alucard vs Girlicard? I'm loled.[/quote]

Well, if you look at the link he provided for the RPG setting he's basing this off of, it says that Alucard visits Evangeline once a year. I'm guessing this is it. Hopefully, it's not while Negi's around, for Eva's sake. :D

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

SAMAS wrote:
al103 wrote:
Runaways is a Marvel comic, and has nothing to do with Buffy. In fact, Majin's Avy is a character from the series. Specifically, an 11-year-old girl lifting an H2 over her head.
In our universe - yes. You didn't noticed that in combined universe of MG they ARE Buffy "spinoff" if that words are aplicable. And i don't know how to say otherwise.
SAMAS wrote: Well, if you look at the link he provided for the RPG setting he's basing this off of, it says that Alucard visits Evangeline once a year. I'm guessing this is it. Hopefully, it's not while Negi's around, for Eva's sake. :D
Hmm... Now i am missing things... don't remember it.

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Jack sat in alone in the mess hall Mulling over what Daniel, Carter and the others told him about Ixtli. It was a lot to take in—and to be perfectly honest; he glazed over part of it all.

The short version being, the RahXephon was quite literally a God Machine. It could literally re-make the world.

It appeared to already have done so and only appears to act to defend whatever changes it made. Whatever those changes were, she kept them well hid, but it seemed to focus on Japan for some reason.

Daniel told him an abbreviated history of the machine, but it did not really touch upon the Ixtli. Its construction apparently lead to the destruction of the society that built it—twice, as it shunted them off to an alternate dimension and then fused them back into the timeline.

Or something. Jack pretended he did not understand it very well because he could figure out enough of to know how dangerous the RahXephon was.

None of it brought him closer to an answer, though.

This left Jack in the mess hall dejectedly spinning his cereal with his spoon.

‘If another Groundhog Day starts up now,’ he thought, ‘it might actually give me time to find an answer.’

About then Nanoha put her tray across from his. Fate soon joined her.

“Hello Colonel O’Neill,” Nanoha smiled brightly. Jack returned a smaller version.

“Good Morning Colonel,” Fate added before sitting.

“Are you okay?” Nanoha asked.

“Just thinking…” Jack answered, “On a really tough question.”

“Well,” Nanoha said, “Talk with us. Maybe we can help.”

Jack did his best impersonation of Teal’c eyebrow. It wasn’t as dramatic, but seemed to convey his skepticism well.

So Nanoha added: “Please.”

‘Damn her and her puppy-dog eyes,’ Jack lamented in his mind.

So he explained his problem.

Fate gave a glance to Nanoha before Nanoha gave a quick answer: “Treat her like a person.”

Words did not come to jack for a good stretch of time after she said this.

“Well: She’s intelligent, has emotions, wants and desires. How else can you treat her except as a fellow being?” Nanoha retained her smile.

“…but she’s not…really a living thing,” Jack answered lamely.

Nanoha shook her head, “You haven’t met Atom yet, have you?”

“Who?”

Fate closed her eyes for a moment, and upon opening them asked, “Have you read my file, Colonel O’Neill?”

“I’ve had so many files to read over the last few days they’re all starting to blur together,” Jack lamented, “You’re the one that turns into a ferret, right?”

“No, that’s Yuno.” Nanoha corrected.

“So Mini-Daniel can become Ferret-Daniel?” Jack paused and the world seemed silent, “That’s just so very wrong.”

“To refresh your memory,” Fate said, “I was not born normally. To the point, I am only a few years old. I was cloned by my mother and enhanced as a mage. My name is not the name of the person I was cloned from, rather from the FATE project that I was created by. In a sense you could call me a biological robot.”

Jack protested, “Wait—that doesn’t—that’s not the same thing!”

“I wonder sometimes,” Fate looked down at her tray, “though my processes are biological, I was manufactured just as any other machines.”

Jack saw in the blonde’s eyes an uncertainty and sadness he never wanted to see in the eyes of a child that young.

Under the table, Nanoha squeezed Fate’s hand, which dismissed the growing sadness in her face.

It was there that Jack found his answer.

Later that day, he made his way to the room in the Mountain Facility that the RahXephon was now housed. It was once a missile silo, but it had been retrofitted so much by TSAB to house the strange machine that Jack could barely recognize it for what it once was.

And it was full of water to boot. Apparently the RahXephon recharged itself by being immersed in flowing water, leaving the over 200ft tall machine in a tremendous tube of flowing water.

Jack walked out onto the scaffolding that surrounded the machine. He stood for the briefest moments in front of the machine before the Ixtli appeared.

“You have an answer,” she stated.

“Yeah,” Jack said, “You know what it is already?”

“No,” She said, “You have been angered by my probing of your mind in the past—therefore I have refrained from doing so.”

Jack blinked, “Then how did you know--”

“It is the most likely of reasons for you to come here.”

“Ah,” Jack nodded, “So you want to hear it?”

“Yes.”

“A person.”

The Ixtli paused.

“Ya know. Like Me. Like Carter, Daniel, Teal’c, Nanoha, Fate and--”

“I understand your meaning,” Ixtli stated tersely.

“So what do you think? Does it pass whatever crazy test you had for me?”

“That is not an answer expected,” She scowled

"I like thinking out of the box.”

“You’re answer does not address any of the functions I was created for nor does it settle to exactly what ends we are to operate,” she said and then gave a slight smile, “however I can abide by your answer.”

Jack smiled and decided to press his luck.

“So if we’re going to be co-workers, can I call you something other than your programming title?”

“Does that not violate regulation?” Ixtli asked.

Jack simply shrugged.

“This form,” The Ixtli looked at her self, “It defines me more than it should. I have no other name beyond the Ixtli. However, I believe this warped mirror will suffice. So, if you wish, you can call me Reika Mishima.”

Afterwards, Jack, the SGC technicians and TSAB researchers were able to begin analyzing the RahXephon—and Jack to pilot it again.

For what good it did. Trying to get the machine to react was quite difficult, and when Jack got it to do things, the data flow was so tremendous that even Carter was sometimes at a loss for where to start.

The Doctor did not seem to be, but rarely explained in detail what was going on. Or, he did and no one besides Carter, Daitokuji and Kara Zor-El had any inkling of what he was talking about.

Jack found him rather insufferable, to be frank.

Ms. Mishima, for her part, rarely revealed herself and revealed nothing to them when she did—or, rather, she answered using what Daniel said was “mythic terminology” of a form he was not quite familiar with. He spent the next four days with the others in his “Reading Club” (As Yomiko called it) scouring over an extremely obscure English epic poems that Jack had trouble pronouncing.

“Silma—what?”

“Silmarillion,” Daniel repeated, “it’s a collection of pre-Celtic mythology from England. We think the jewels the story is about were made by the same group of Mulians who created the RahXephon. It’s turned our research into a different direction altogether.”

“So have you learned anything at all really about this thing?”

“Well, no…” Daniel rocked a bit on his heel, “Most texts in the Tolkien collections that deal with the RahXephon at all pretty much say the same thing: made by the men from the sea—the Mulians; instrument-turned weapon of war against powers gone awry; created for the chosen instrumentalist primarily, but the backup was a bit more open…”

“So, we have nothing.”

“Yeah, a whole lot of nothing.”

“Which is why,” The Doctor said, running in, “I’m around.”

The word insufferable passed through Jack’s Brain as he said, “I take it you’ve got something?”

“Well, not yet actually but—”

“Oh,” Kara’s voiced echoed through the hall, “Don’t you dare start workin’ on my idea without me!”

She wheeled herself down the hall with a smoothness and speed that caught Daniel and Jack off guard and stopped with a forceful grace that let only her short hair shake from the momentum.

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” the Doctor said, “But we need Jack for it.”

“You do?” Jack said.

“Well,” The Doctor held the word for a moment longer than needed, “We actually need you to talk to your new friend in the God Machine.”

For some reason, Reika Mishima, the Ixtli, would only converse with others when Jack was around. Carter speculated that the program needed a large amount of Mulian genetics to function properly—or perhaps at all. This sort of interaction only reinforced that notion.

It took a little less than half an hour to get to the RahXephon’s hangar. The Doctor strutted out first.

“Oy, Ixtli, you there?” He shouted, “Can you come out ‘n play?”

Nothing happened.

“Reika,” Jack said, “Can we talk for a minute? The egg heads have some more questions for you.”

Reika walked from the machine to greet him, but said nothing nor made any gestures towards him.

“Mornin’,” Jack said, she nodded towards him.

“About a song that may threaten the harmony you created,” Kara began, trying to use what Daniel had explained about the mythic language she used, “We know what it sounds like, but we can’t find it.”

Reika blinked.

Kara opened the laptop on her lap and a few keystrokes later, a warped sound emanated from it. It reminded Jack of the strange radio signals that planet with magnetic fields produced.

“Is there anything that you can tell us about this song?” Kara asked.

Reika closed her eyes and upon opening them, they white lines scrawled across her eyes in rapid succession. She then blinked and the streaks were gone.

But her look lacked the serenity she normally held. Her eyes were filled with an intense subtle rage instead.
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2010-03-27 04:12pm, edited 2 times in total.
Browncoat

al103
Youngling

Post by al103 »

Hmmm.... Ixtli... Ixpelia... Ixpelia... Ixtli... Heh. "Ixtli meet Ixpelia, Ixpelia meet Ixtli..." With such names they must meet and Nanoha is already a crossover here, lol.

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

I wonder: If the BPRD gets some long-term assistance from Goliath and the Dragon, will they have to take the designations Purple and Green?

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Jack did his best to stifle the jet-lag induced yawn during the briefing, but it still peaked out. Even though himself, the rest of SG-1, Kara Zor-El and the Doctor had transported there in only a few hours thanks to the Doctor’s TARDIS (to which Jack made repeated references to Bill And Teds Excellent Adventure), a few days in and the time difference brought on by the sleep cycle he had before and the one he was faced now that they were in Japan…

He guessed this was the Doctor’s revenge for comparing his “Police Public Call Box” to a magic phone booth piloted by Keanu Reaves.

Bogus.

When Reika determined one source of the wave to be a living creature—an alien Kaiju called Bogal, things had moved quickly. Apparently, the creature had been jumping in from a dimension bordering reality (which Kara called “The Phantom Zone”) and calling monsters to earth and from the earth for it to devour. It was not the originator of the signal, but something that was making it worse and taking advantage of it.

Japan’s anti-kaiju force, the GUYS Crew, had been battling the creature for over two months by this point, but only managing to drive it back to its dimension, not kill it.

This would be the second big test of the combined forces plan UNIT and President David Xanatos were setting up. It was still incomplete, but they were going to drop a big hammer on this Kaiju.

As soon as it would show up, as ripping open doorways to the Phantom Zone was A) An All Around Bad Idea, B) Very Difficult—even for the TSAB. The Doctor could do it, but refused to. He said that him opening the Phantom Zone with the TARDIS was possible, but that if he did someone he had angered eons ago would know and make the situation a thousand times worse.

Jack just couldn’t imagine that the Doctor could anger someone that much.

The Briefing Room at GUYS HQ was rather crowded with SG-1, the Mecha pilots who participated in the Antarctic mission, a squadron’s worth of F-302 pilots, the Doctor and Kara Zor-El all there in addition to the regular GUYS crew.

Sardine Can metaphors came to mind.

At the forefront of the room the Guys commander, Shingo Sakomizu—a tall Japanese man with a strong stance. With him at the forefront of the room was the resident Kaijuologist, Teppei Kuzo, who was shorter than the others, mildly plump and an overall soft manner of a physician.

“…Recent analysis of a severed portion of Bogal’s tail has revealed a weakness which we hope to take advantage of,” Teppei flicked a few keys on the keyboard he held, changing the image of Bogal to a different angle, “The fact that the flesh and nervous system completely relax when exposed to electricity.”

“So when Bogal appears again,” Kabuto Koji boasted, “We zap it and then blow it ta hell.”

“I like this plan,” Hayato added with a somewhat sinister smile as he leaned back in his chair, rolling a harmonica between his fingers effortlessly.

Commander Sakomizu smiled and said, “Most simply. However, the possibility of complication exists from another alien. Registry code: Hunter Knight Tsurugi.”

The image on screen changed from the stingray-like walking mouth that Bogal was to a far more humanoid, armored giant of silver and blue.

“Though similar to Ultraman both visually and apparently in ability set,” Teppei said, “He has demonstrated a complete disregard for any other life form encountered. For the time being, we are to treat him as a secondary target, with Bogal being the primary target.”

Out of the corner of his eye, Jack noticed on the Guys crewmen scowling deeply—he believed his name was Ryu Aihara. He was an athletic young soldier unlike most of the GUYS grew. Though to be frank, only Jack and a few of the Mecha pilots were the only ones with gray in their hair. Commander Sakomizu was the oldest one in the room but looked no older than 30 thanks to an FTL experiment gone wrong.

Something was definitely playing on Ryu’s nerves. He’d have to ask him about it after the briefing. No sense in making a scene yet.

Teppei went on to detail the attributes of each of the aliens. Suggest attack patterns for dealing with them and so on.

“Listen to that,” Jack leaned to Carter who sat next to him and said, “They give them names.”

“Sir?”

“Why don’t we give our planets names? They give the monsters names. Why don’t we do that with planets? Names are so much easier to remember than…”

“Binary based computer programming extrapolation?”

“Yeah,” Jack said after a short moment, “That…thing you said.”

Carter did her best to keep her smile to a minimum, but Jack still noticed.

“We could name them something like Bob,” Jack continued while glancing at the meeting again to see if any pertinent information was being discussed, “We need a Planet Bob.”

When Jack turned back to Carter, there was a strange white lizard creature with black stripes sitting on her lap. It had no visible eyes and a yellow slit where its mouth should be. Where its eyes should be a pair of split black horns sprouted and spun like a pair of radar antenna.

“Carter…” Jack said, “What is that?”

“I…don’t know.”

The creature chirped like a chicken hatchling, rapping its hands together innocently.

At the front of the room, Teppei and Sakomizu both stared at the creature on Carter’s lap—Teppei with a slightly shocked look to his face, which caused everyone else in the room to look at the creature.

“Major Carter,” Teppei eventually choked out, “Don’t. Move.”

At that moment, Carter had let it grasp her finger playfully, “…why? It doesn’t seem threatening.”

“I know,” Konomi Amagai, a small young woman with glasses said as she gently scooped the creature out of Carter’s lap as though it were a small child, “he’s so cute!”

One of the F-302 pilots, Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell leaned to the creature and said “But that is a kaiju, right?”

“It’s an Eleking” Teppei said, “The oldest known Data Life Form.”

“It’s a young Eleking,” Konomi insisted, “and we know from the Digital Incursion last year that Data Life Forms are not inherently evil.”

She rubbed the creature’s head, to which he chirped happily, “See?”

A spiky-haired member of the Guys crew, George Ikaruga, reached for the Eleking and grasped onto it.

Konomi barely got the world “Careful” out of her mouth when the Eleking screeched and George fell to the floor convulsing—dropping the Eleking who scurried onto the floor. The Eleking then leapt into the air and in a flash of yellow light vanished.

“Oh!” Konomi pouted, “You scared him!”

George, whose hair was spiked to truly ludicrous levels from the electric shock, simply gave Konomi an angry, confused look.

“Scared him,” He huffed, “Right.”

“So,” Jack said, breaking the awkward silence, “Eleking, eh?”

Daniel made a quiet comment about the Japanese language and puns, but Jack barely heard it.

When the room was calmed down after a few minutes, launch patterns were assigned quickly after that and the crews were sent to await the order to launch.

The Doctor said little during the entire meeting. Unbeknownst to Jack or most of the others in the room, the Doctor was in the midst of a conversation with the only other alien in the room.

Inside the shared mindscape, the Doctor met with Ultraman Mebius. Though the doctor retained his shape in the mindscape, the Ultraman bore his true form of a silver and red giant with oval white eyes and a blue diamond in the center of his chest.

“So,” The Doctor said, “You’re an M-78 Light Giant. Haven't seen one of you on earth in years

“Yes,” Mebius answered, “I am the first to come to earth in almost 25 years.”

“Hmm...Wearing the shell of a dead human to pass among them unnoticed. Rather clever, come to think of it--but quite morbid don’t you think?”

“I took this form,” Mebius explained, “As my brothers have done before me, I take the form of one who died protecting others to honor their sacrifice.”

“Well that’s nice of you, I suppose. So, can you tell me anything about this Hunter Knight character that you can’t share with the audience at home?”

“I assume you already know that he is not a part of the Space Garrison.”

“Yeah, the color’s all wrong. Clashes too. Blue and silver just don’t have the right heroic ring to it. Is there anything else I should know about him?”

Mebius paused before speaking, “Tsurugi witnessed Bogal consume the entire biomass of a planet he had come to care for, and swore revenge. He won’t stop until Bogal is destroyed, regardless of what it takes to do that."

"Well, I guess that color scheme does go with blind revenge..."

"He followed the Garrison’s example and taken the form of the former Captain of GUYS, Kazuya Serizawa.”

“Serizawa, right. That family and Kaiju is not the happiest of combinations.”

“Ryu looked up to him a lot and was devastated by his death. It has not helped that he has seen Tsurugi in this form.”

“Can’t imagine it would—now, are you still upholding that secret identity thing the Garrison had?”

“Yes, though you last visited this part of earth 30 years ago, right?”

“Yeah, during that first Zygon attempt to use the Ness Monster as a weapon. Good times—How is ol’ Hayata Shin these days?”

“He’s retired on earth, like many of the Garrison. But since that time, the rules have changed regarding revealing ourselves to humans. My superiors believe time is coming soon when I will not be fighting to protect the humans, but to fight alongside them instead. Nothing would make me happier than to truly fight alongside my friends.”

The Doctor did his best to hide the thought of how naïve and eager he thought Mebius in expressing this statement. It radiated off him like light from the sun. He could hardly remember how many regenerations ago it was that he was so eager to see the world.

“So…”

“Until that time comes, they cannot know.”

“Suppose I give them a kick start?”

“What? Wouldn’t that be cheating?”

“I’m the Doctor. I don’t cheat,” He said with a smile then thought for a moment, “…Well, yeah, maybe I do cheat, but I’m the only one who’d notice.”
Last edited by Majin Gojira on 2010-03-27 04:12pm, edited 3 times in total.
Browncoat

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Having just seen Revenge of The Fallen, are you thinking of incorporating the movies, or Transformers in general, into this story or the sequel?

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

SAMAS wrote:Having just seen Revenge of The Fallen, are you thinking of incorporating the movies, or Transformers in general, into this story or the sequel?
Yes and No.

They're there. In the background. But incorporating them into this story is currently not planned out. But I keep my outlines fluid, so perhaps.
Browncoat