Resolution: Removing an Eyesore of a Smilie

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Resolution: Removing an Eyesore of a Smilie

Post by General Zod »

MRDOD wrote: In the defense of the users of the HOC, I should have thought a little bit harder and realised that the people in the HoC are the same people as the people using the rest of this board and thus not tried to carry on a discussion about anything, since Board = Drama and FUCK TEH AUTHORITY come with every single thread posted in by certain members.
I'm sure it totally couldn't have been that your opening post looked like something you'd expect to see in testing as opposed to, you know, a serious proposal or anything. :roll:
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that I didn't make my post huge and full of big words and got right to the point was indicative of the fact that it's a "testing" post...

You know what, I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Consider me out of this thread, because it's obvious anyone beyond the first few posts and Bounty isn't going to say anything worthwhile. Apparantly somewhere along the way the idea of the topic being 'discuss which smilies you think are worthless' was missed by people with no reading comprehension or who just felt like starting drama and arguments, so this topic is unsalvagable.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

MRDOD wrote:Yeah, I'm sure the fact that I didn't make my post huge and full of big words and got right to the point was indicative of the fact that it's a "testing" post...

You know what, I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Consider me out of this thread, because it's obvious anyone beyond the first few posts and Bounty isn't going to say anything worthwhile. Apparantly somewhere along the way the idea of the topic being 'discuss which smilies you think are worthless' was missed by people with no reading comprehension or who just felt like starting drama and arguments, so this topic is unsalvagable.
you wrote:man we better not do anything to change this board. we can adblock things we don't want, and use greasemonkey scrips to enable strikethrough for all people with the same script, or the like.
Discussion my ass. You came off as whining with a hint of condescension the moment people dared to suggest alternatives to removing a given smiley you personally didn't like entirely. It sounds to me you wanted a soapbox rather than legitimate discussion.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Gerald Tarrant
Jedi Knight

Post by Gerald Tarrant »

Can't we just do what's normally done on SD.Net in the presence of stupidity; i.e. mock the originators of said stupidity? "Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people." Overuse of (or straight up use of) the bazooka smiley is like a Turing test for stupid people, if you put the thing in your post you fail and will be mocked.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Discussion my ass. You came off as whining with a hint of condescension the moment people dared to suggest alternatives to removing a given smiley you personally didn't like entirely. It sounds to me you wanted a soapbox rather than legitimate discussion.
Condescension? What sort of off-the-rails inferiority complex does it take to read anything MRDOD posted in this thread as "condescending"?
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Bounty wrote: Condescension? What sort of off-the-rails inferiority complex does it take to read anything MRDOD posted in this thread as "condescending"?
man we better not do anything to change this board. we can adblock things we don't want, and use greasemonkey scrips to enable strikethrough for all people with the same script, or the like.
Maybe condescension wasn't the right word to use, but when you see this in response to alternatives to doing away with something entirely and other reasons to leave it alone, it gives the impression that discussion wasn't exactly the intent of starting this thread.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Gerald Tarrant wrote:Can't we just do what's normally done on SD.Net in the presence of stupidity; i.e. mock the originators of said stupidity? "Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people." Overuse of (or straight up use of) the bazooka smiley is like a Turing test for stupid people, if you put the thing in your post you fail and will be mocked.
That's exactly what happened, just replace "Overuse of (or straight up use of) the bazooka smiley is like a Turing test for stupid people, if you put the thing in your post you fail and will be mocked" with the OP. :kill: :kill: :kill:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

*sigh* I dread looking in this thread sometimes... :?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Coyote wrote:*sigh* I dread looking in this thread sometimes... :?
WHAT? Three smileys doesn't count as over use does it? :angelic:

P.S. This is ALL your fault. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

MRDOD wrote:Yeah, I'm sure the fact that I didn't make my post huge and full of big words and got right to the point was indicative of the fact that it's a "testing" post...
Yeah, it was totally TL;DR.

:kill:

Seriously, we're discussing fucking smiles... This is the most retarded shit on the board. Ever.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

havokeff wrote:
Coyote wrote:*sigh* I dread looking in this thread sometimes... :?
WHAT? Three smileys doesn't count as over use does it? :angelic:

P.S. This is ALL your fault. :lol:
Oh, yeah-- you're right! This is my fault! Hoo-ya! [masturbates furiously]

:P
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

People could just adblock the frigging thing. That said, it should be replaced with :\/.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus