A non fantasy/sci-fi forum?

A failed experiment whereby board users were invited to advise the Senate, and instead attempted to replace the Senate.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

A non fantasy/sci-fi forum?

Post by ray245 »

It seems funny that in our fiction forum, we only have sections for Fantasy and Science fiction. This means threads about movies like Crime-dramas, action movies and Romance has to be created in a non-fiction section.

Isn't it better to create a non-fantasy/science fiction section in the fiction forum?
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Havok
Miscreant

Re: A non fantasy/sci-fi forum?

Post by Havok »

OR... you could, y'know, use like, Off-Topic like the board has been successfully doing since it's fucking inception. Seriously man, c'mon. :roll:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Creating a thread about fictional stuff in a non-fiction sections seems like a huge irony to me.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

ray245 wrote:Creating a thread about fictional stuff in a non-fiction sections seems like a huge irony to me.
Yeah, because we never discuss TV, movies, RAR threads or anything even remotely fiction in OT... :roll: Ok, can an Admin rename HoC as "ray245's Retard Soapbox"? See, this is what I was talking about with dumb ideas that waste peoples time.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Post by Singular Intellect »

Perhaps we could humor ray and entertain ourselves. Someone should create a vote thread for a forum called 'Off Topic', it passes, and then we'll have a forum called "Off Topic" for ray to play in. :D
"Now let us be clear, my friends. The fruits of our science that you receive and the many millions of benefits that justify them, are a gift. Be grateful. Or be silent." -Modified Quote
Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Post by Singular Intellect »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Ok, can an Admin rename HoC as "ray245's Retard Soapbox"? See, this is what I was talking about with dumb ideas that waste peoples time.
You know Coffee, I also agree it's a stupid idea based on obvious ignorance.

However, your implication that your time spent reading here (on a science fiction board no less) where you browse during your free time is 'oh so fucking precious, don't waste it' is equally, if not more, stupid.

No one forces to anyone to read anything here. Mock his stupidity and ignorance to your heart's content. But don't spew bullshit implying your time is being wasted, especially since you chose to come here and read what gets posted.

If you seriously think your SDN time is 'so important' in any significant way other than general entertainment and online socializing, chose your reading material more carefully.
"Now let us be clear, my friends. The fruits of our science that you receive and the many millions of benefits that justify them, are a gift. Be grateful. Or be silent." -Modified Quote
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So someone can't want their free time to not be wasted? The entire board has a common theme of not wanting to have to wade through bullshit and stupidity to get to something good. And news flash, you have to read something before you know it is stupid, or at least you have to start. You argument is fucking stupid.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Just locking because this is getting absurd. Again, Ray, take one minute and think. I know this is a complicated procedure for your level of intelligence, but one lives in hope.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete