Buddha: No violence? I'm sad!

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Buddha
Youngling

Post by Buddha »

I must say that I am dissapointed that there was no major fight outside the convention center or that there were no assasination attempts on Obama. It's one thing to say in the history books "We ALMOST had a black president. He got shot before being elected". Other than that, all quiet on the Election front.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Buddha wrote:I must say that I am dissapointed that there was no major fight outside the convention center or that there were no assasination attempts on Obama. It's one thing to say in the history books "We ALMOST had a black president. He got shot before being elected". Other than that, all quiet on the Election front.
There was an assassination attempt.
CaptJodan
Jedi Council Member

Post by CaptJodan »

MRDOD wrote:
Buddha wrote:I must say that I am dissapointed that there was no major fight outside the convention center or that there were no assasination attempts on Obama. It's one thing to say in the history books "We ALMOST had a black president. He got shot before being elected". Other than that, all quiet on the Election front.
...and you are a cuntstain for wishing for one.
It's Jodan, not Jordan. If you can't quote it right, I will mock you.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

CaptJodan wrote:
MRDOD wrote:
...and you are a cuntstain for wishing for one.
That too. I can't believe I didn't notice that he said he wanted Obama assassinated just to manufacture another Kennedy.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

MRDOD wrote:
It was less of an attempt and more assholes that were so incompetent they got arrested before they could make one.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I don't think I quite get your meaning. You're not implying that you wanted to see Obama assassinated for the historical sensation that it would yield, are you?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Noble Ire wrote:
I don't think I quite get your meaning. You're not implying that you wanted to see Obama assassinated for the historical sensation that it would yield, are you?
The man has Secret Service protection. That basically makes him the equal of stating on this board that you wish for the death of the President- something that is instant ban.

Or am I wrong?
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Noble Ire wrote:
I'm nearly positive it was just a bit of black humor that fell short. I don't think English is his first language, so a bit of trouble at such a delicate joke is understandable.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

What, you wanted a riot? WTF?

And, by the way, there WAS an assassination plan for Obama this week, they arrested 4 people who were plotting to kill the candidate and had brought guns with them. Granted, they weren't likely to succeed in any case but there is definitely a reason for security at these events.

Now, please explain how it affects your karma to wish death on someone else - and kindly DO NOT wish such shit on my country's leaders. Especially not one who is actually intelligent, articulate, and might do some good in this world. If it was a joke it wasn't funny and if it wasn't a joke you're a sicko.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Buddha
Youngling

Post by Buddha »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
Noble Ire wrote:
I'm nearly positive it was just a bit of black humor that fell short. I don't think English is his first language, so a bit of trouble at such a delicate joke is understandable.
I made a mistake with that. I was disappointed that there was no fight or major disturbance outside. I don't want to see Obama get shot or have any such assasination attempt. I do remember the last Democratic National Convention though, we had a Fulan Gong protest. That was a real highlight of the year for a lot of people.
Mr. Sinister
Padawan Learner

Post by Mr. Sinister »

Noble Ire wrote:
I think it was an attempt to be sarcastic, making fun of the twats out there who actually did want to see riots at the convention and probably wouldn't mind seeing an attempt on Obama's life *cough*LIMBAUGH*cough*.

I could be wrong, though.
CaptJodan
Jedi Council Member

Post by CaptJodan »

Buddha wrote: I made a mistake with that. I was disappointed that there was no fight or major disturbance outside. I don't want to see Obama get shot or have any such assasination attempt. I do remember the last Democratic National Convention though, we had a Fulan Gong protest. That was a real highlight of the year for a lot of people.
I'm not sure wishing for a major fight or disturbance outside is any better. Why the fuck is a riot considered entertainment to you?
It's Jodan, not Jordan. If you can't quote it right, I will mock you.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Buddha wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:
Noble Ire wrote: I don't think I quite get your meaning. You're not implying that you wanted to see Obama assassinated for the historical sensation that it would yield, are you?
I made a mistake with that. I was disappointed that there was no fight or major disturbance outside.
Why? As much as I loath code pink and the rest of the nutters outside, I'm not terribly inclined to see tear gas and a good baton whoopin inflicted on anyone, or see my counterparts in security (some of my co workers and subordinates are deployed there) or LEO's injured.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Buddha wrote:I made a mistake with that. I was disappointed that there was no fight or major disturbance outside. I don't want to see Obama get shot or have any such assasination attempt. I do remember the last Democratic National Convention though, we had a Fulan Gong protest. That was a real highlight of the year for a lot of people.
What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm curious, have you ever been gassed? I have, and it isn't fun. How about beaten by random strangers around you? Had your property destroyed and looted? Shot with bean bags? Beaten and zip-tied to restrain you? So why the fuck would you wish that on others for your own amusement? And that isn't even touching how warped you need to be to think that the seeds of a violent revolution are preferable to a peaceful transfer of authority, or that mayhem in the streets is better then our leaders responding to the will and wishes of the populace.

And there are 4 "S"s in assassination asshole.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Rahvin
Jedi Knight

Post by Rahvin »

Buddha wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:
Noble Ire wrote: I don't think I quite get your meaning. You're not implying that you wanted to see Obama assassinated for the historical sensation that it would yield, are you?
I made a mistake with that. I was disappointed that there was no fight or major disturbance outside. I don't want to see Obama get shot or have any such assasination attempt. I do remember the last Democratic National Convention though, we had a Fulan Gong protest. That was a real highlight of the year for a lot of people.
...so you still wanted a fucking riot or fight?

That may be not as bad as desiring an assassination attempt, but it still makes you a worthless douchebag, douchebag.
"You were doing OK until you started to think."
-ICANT, creationist from evcforum.net
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

'NO VIOLENCE?!? Not even someone trying to kill the man? I'm so sad!'

WHAT THE CHRIST.

Is there a reason, even minute, I should not slap this onto the Senate floor right now?
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

SirNitram wrote:'NO VIOLENCE?!? Not even someone trying to kill the man? I'm so sad!'

WHAT THE CHRIST.

Is there a reason, even minute, I should not slap this onto the Senate floor right now?
My own morbid curiosity wants to see his response. Not much of a reason, but I think most everyone else wants to see it as well.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

SirNitram wrote:'NO VIOLENCE?!? Not even someone trying to kill the man? I'm so sad!'

WHAT THE CHRIST.

Because this is a symptom of a larger problem. Face it, this shit here and things like Ed Becerras ravings against police in Armageddon? are nothing but bandwagon hopping. They see the other kiddies saying the same shit and try to raise the bar to prove they are in. He should be dealt with, but in its own time. If we fry him up now we are likely to divert from really fixing what is broken here.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I'm not entirely familiar with the tenets of Buddhism, but I'm pretty sure "wishing for riots and assassinations" isn't on the eightfold path to enlightenment.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

RedImperator wrote:I'm not entirely familiar with the tenets of Buddhism, but I'm pretty sure "wishing for riots and assassinations" isn't on the eightfold path to enlightenment.
Well, there is a very miniscule chance that he might be practicing the buddhism of the Gupta empire....yet given his posts, I doubt that.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

RedImperator wrote:I'm not entirely familiar with the tenets of Buddhism, but I'm pretty sure "wishing for riots and assassinations" isn't on the eightfold path to enlightenment.
If you meet the Buddha on the road to Enlightenment, bust a cap in his ass, he's a fake.

(It does actually say kill him, for the real Buddha is within, and this must be an imposter.)
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

No, it's not! It's a good way to come back next time as a cockroach.

Now that we're in HoS, let me vent my spleen more explicitly:
Buddha wrote:I made a mistake with that.
You sure as fuck did.

Did it occur to you to offer an abject apology?

Let me explain something to you. I am old enough to remember some of the 1960's. I remember what happened when, during a turbulent time in the US, those who spoke of hope and making things better were shot dead. I do not want my neighbors' blood running in the gutters of our streets to amuse YOU, YOU UNWORTHY SHITSTAIN ON THE UNDERWEAR OF HUMANITY.

Now, someone mentioned something about maybe English isn't your first language. That may excuse bad spelling or weird grammar, but what you wrote isn't a translation error - it's a wish for violence and death. Why the FUCK would you want that? What kind of degenerate piece of shit would suggest this even in jest?

We FINALLY get an intelligent, articulate candidate and you wish for someone to take a shot at him? What the HELL is wrong with you? IF someone did that our cities would fucking burn because, oh yes, you WOULD see riots, and death, and destruction. When Martin Luther King, the man who 45 years ago today dared to suggest that a black child could rise to the same status as a white child, who said that he dreamed of a day when people would be judged by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin, when he was shot our cities erupted. What the fuck do you think would happen if the man who, to many Americans, is now a living embodiment of that dream, was shot?

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WISH SUCH A THING? ARE YOU EVIL?

We have seen the content of your character - and it is wanting.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Buddha
Youngling

Post by Buddha »

I now recognize what was said was wrong. Please folks, let's move on and take it for what it was worth. A joke, that just was in incredibly poor taste at that. I should have thought about what I said before I wrote it. No offense to Broomstick or anyone else. I don't want anything to happen during this year's Democratic National Convention. Let's see it go by without a hitch and with Obama as the promising winner.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Buddha wrote:I now recognize what was said was wrong. Please folks, let's move on and take it for what it was worth. A joke, that just was in incredibly poor taste at that. I should have thought about what I said before I wrote it. No offense to Broomstick or anyone else. I don't want anything to happen during this year's Democratic National Convention. Let's see it go by without a hitch and with Obama as the promising winner.
The convention is already over you fucking nitwit. You even acknowledged that in your post saying you wish there had been violence, so I'm not buying this sudden ignorance act.

And a joke? Really? It didn't seem like a joke to me, and I'm not going to give you any benefit of the doubt concerning a language barrier as you come across crystal clear all the time. Except when it's a "joke", apparently.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Buddha wrote:I now recognize what was said was wrong. Please folks, let's move on and take it for what it was worth. A joke, that just was in incredibly poor taste at that. I should have thought about what I said before I wrote it. No offense to Broomstick or anyone else. I don't want anything to happen during this year's Democratic National Convention. Let's see it go by without a hitch and with Obama as the promising winner.
No, we don't move on.

Your making a mockery of my faith. You wish for violence and harming of innocent people, the death of a person who is eloquent, brilliant and charismatic and a hope to rebuild the USA.

Then you try to say it's a joke.

No, fuck you. Not even a language barrier is that opaque. You do not get that luxury. You stated what you wanted to happen, and then your own disappointment at the results. If you were ANY sort of Buddhist and followed the teachings of the Buddha or the Lamas, such thoughts wouldn't even enter into your mind.

May you return as a flea, you insolent worm.

If I thought they would take me seriously for even a second, I'd ask the Senate to deal with you.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.