SD.Net World(RAR!) MK III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

The End of OMSK?

Recent news reports indicate that as the unifying force of the world's most powerful alliance - the Red Technocracy - removes itself from the OMSK treaty system, the rest of the pact will likely collapse. Once hailed as a model of international cooperation and forming the greatest superpower system yet seen in the world, it seems that this alliance was far more fragile than anyone had considered.

Commentators from the University of Hue have argued that the OMSK Pact, built merely on mutual trust and cooperation, could not possibly survive. No driving force of military or economic need tied the pact together: instead, it seems to have been created by a number of well-wishing and idealistic politicians. Without sufficient external pressure to strengthen the bonds of the pact, internal seams will likely destroy the pact, fracturing it. Compounding the issue is that Shepnukistan has extended an olive branch to international pariah Saddamistan: such a bold unilateral move will only serve to hasten OMSK's end.

The remaining power blocs FUN and MESS are likely to pick up new members in the fallout; however, it remains to be seen if the MESS can hold together despite the known close friendship of its leadership. As for FUN, it seems to primarily remain an economic free trade zone of smaller nations, banding together against the titans surrounding them.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

RogueIce wrote:
"Congratulations, you've managed three things with all those words of yours. First, you insult my intelligence. Second, you barely even answered my first question. Third, you completely ignored my second. Let's try this again, shall we?"

Rufus was not amused. Not only had they basically outright admitted to having a hand in causing Saddam's attack, he was now being stonewalled in this supposedly ultra-secret meeting where he was supposed to be informed as to what was going on.

"Would you please give me the details on your recent dealings with Saddamistan? Vague references don't cut it. And why did you not see the need to let the MESS and FUN know about this before your sudden pullback? Two simple questions. I hope you can answer them this time."
The King gave a sad little smile, damn they were right. In fact they had understated things.

"The answers you want are in the second half of that folder Mr President. The exact nature of the transactions are spelled in there but I'll give you a quick summery. As far as physical transactions we've had next to none. Saddamstain does not allow anything into his country. For all intents and purposes the exchange has been one way, gifts to use the polite term, outright bribes to be blunt.

Saddamstain has no know trade except we believe with the IRT, and it's more correct to call it smuggling. All we have done is talked, talked and sent him gifts on his birthday, on his sons birthdays and on the day of his countries independence.

We have no arms trade with Saddamstain, we have no military trade with him at all, not one UKB missile, weapon system or gun can be found anywhere in Saddamstian, no tanks, no planes, no subs, no ships.

We are limited our ambitions to purely economic trade, jewelry, crafts, raw materials, and the like, communication equipment and trained workers are the most militant trade you can claim we are seeking.

As to your second question it's simple, I needed to offer him an out and it offered me a way to strength my position with Saddamstian, by making OMSK back down openly after I told him I could do such a thing I raise my profile in his countries eyes. He rightly believed at the time that when I speak, I speak for OMSK. That's no preciously true but it gives the impression I seek.

What happen afterworlds was me dropping the ball, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I would have brought the Mess in on it. Once I had gotten OMSK to stand down I was already working on individual FUN members before the Mess accused me of stabbing you all in the back.

I can see how you think that, from your own view I understand that here you saw it as if you had gone forward to stop a rogue power with the backing of the entire world, you were ready to go to the brink, you stood on the edge of the abyss, and then quietly the rest of the world had backed off.

You don't understand, you did not hear his voice that night, he was ready to push the button, he was ready to take the whole planet of us down to hell with him. After I got OMSK to stand down he was almost his own self again. I had to give the man an out, a method he could see to getting out of this crisis alive.

The paused, stood up from the desk and begin to pace. Remember what I told you? Deal with him or take him out? No warning, no posturing no nothing. You tried to intimate him and to a point succeeded, but you don't understand. If he is afraid he won't stay afraid, he will become angry, because he hates you for making him afraid.

And you don't anger someone with that many weapons of mass destruction.

Look, its there in the file, you've heard my words, the records of our dealings, or should I say our lack of dealing with Saddamstain are there. What else do you want to hear?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:Look, its there in the file, you've heard my words, the records of our dealings, or should I say our lack of dealing with Saddamstain are there. What else do you want to hear?
"You should have told all of us at once. It would have saved you a lot of trouble. But then you probably know that by now."

Rufus sighed and decided to end it. He had the feeling Blackadder had told him all he was going to tell him. What I'd already figured out for myself and the "this doesn't make them look too bad" answers will doubtless be all I get.

"For now, that's enough. What of the file? Will you allow me to take it? If not, I'll just familiarize myself with it now, thank you."

((OOC: Ok, time to bring this tangent to an end. Bean will respond and I'll either leave with the file and get on with current events, or I'll just read it there, say my goodbyes and leave.))
Last edited by RogueIce on 2008-05-24 01:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

RogueIce wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:Look, its there in the file, you've heard my words, the records of our dealings, or should I say our lack of dealing with Saddamstain are there. What else do you want to hear?
For now, that's enough. What of the file? Will you allow me to take it? If not, I'll just familiarize myself with it now, thank you.
The King smiled almost chagrined. "Of course, the file is for you to take with you, The file and the records contained within clearly demonstrate the truth of what I've said, and have enough information to validate things via your own people if their anything as good as my Intel people tell me they are.

But as for, I shall be most displeased if this ends up on the 5'oclock news.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:The King smiled almost chagrined. "Of course, the file is for you to take with you, The file and the records contained within clearly demonstrate the truth of what I've said, and have enough information to validate things via your own people if their anything as good as my Intel people tell me they are.

But as for, I shall be most displeased if this ends up on the 5'oclock news.
Oh, we'll check it all right.

Rufus stood, took the file, and shook hands with Blackadder. "I won't put this on the news. Thank you for your time."

And with that he returned to the Shinra compound.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

To: Treaty on Terra Libertopia
Suggestion: opporation "Plowsheer"
Anaylisis of Terra Libertopia's agerian potential: though along with Saddamistan, Libertopia is currently the only place on new Terra that is capable of supporting Saffron Flowers. They also appear to have decent yields of Opiates, and could compete with the Republic in Canibas production. Traditional Libertopian grains have mostly depleted the soil, long term conflict has rendered fresh water recovery extinct, they live from rain to rain, with no storage or sanitation systems properly intact.

That said, I would like to tender a proposal: Guns for seeds, Amaranth, currently produced in high quanity by The Republic and other nations has a higher nutritional value and less topsoil and water requirements then Libertopian Wheat and Corn. Second since Saddam is bellegerant and won't trade or play well with others, TL will become the defacto providers of Saffron, if manpower is available for it's harvest. The principal problem is that Saffron has no set market value, since it's not being produced and harvested. If a fair trade value can be set on Saffron, we should be able to get TL farmers back up, to the point that they will demand that Alexander, Ramsley and the Sultan do something about the infrastructure.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fabranti, Shroomania

The view was amazing. The sun was setting westwards, turning the sky into an interesting blend of reds and oranges that reflected off the water while casting contrasting shadows on the land itself.

Simple pleasures, one could not help but appreciate them. The Prime Minister felt a pang of envy at his more decadent and hedonistic counterparts.

The view afforded him some time to contemplate things. The Shadows, the Libertians, and the Saddamistanis. Third year in and things were starting to get serious. If even Arik was putting his game face on, then it wasn't really the right time to be dilly dallying and gawking at the sunset...

The Shadows. Their civil war had ruined the country. Emperor Shady was alive and well, and that was good. But while the lucrative diamond industry was still intact, the rest of the country was... well, the good thing was that everyone was chipping in to rebuild the nation. Even the MESS, most of whom had chosen to forgive the Shadow-Mangka incident. There was progress in the Shadow Empire.

The same could not be said about the Libertians. Time had passed since the conference, and while the MESS had maintained its cordon and while there was some progress in the humanitarian fields - thank Bear for that - not much positives had happened. The FUN had not sent in personnel yet. Aid, supplies, food and medicine, certainly. But men and women? No. The place was not safe enough, and the Shadow Civil War had distracted the whole FUN from the Libertian Plight.

Pragmatism. How could one help far-away Libertia when nearby Shadow was in disarray?

Militarism. How could there be any positive progress when the Saddamistanis and Tonkins were actively sending weapons to the Libertians?

There was the fact that his own people in the Mushroom Military had sold surplus military assets to the Tonkins. Mostly APCs, but still... and the thing was, the transactions were all legal. No one could've done anything.

At least they had the sense not to sell surplus Challenger 2s...

It was a cold day in hell indeed when the only person left who was trustworthy was the FIA Director, Prime Minister Shroom reflected sadly.

There was Rufus, though. God bless his soul, he had told him about what Mr. Bean had told him. Those conniving Blackadders were being magnificent bastards, as usual. Their cunning plan with the Saddamistanis... worked. It worked. It worked deviously. The Prime Minister may not approve of it, but it was devious. Exploiting Saddam Insane's paranoia and rage by exploiting his connections in the OMSK, though in the process leaving the MESS high and dry...

Good Rufus. Bad Bean. Goddamn Saddam.

The Prime Minister decided to play with that game. He would voice concerns over Saddamistan's alleged bioweapons program. Alleged, since all the Reds had were some pictures of sand and trains.

Who was there left to trust?

Shroom swallowed a bitter pill. King Paul was still in the hospital, and that was that. One of the greatest leaders in the world today, laid low by the stress and difficulty of steering the world to a saner path. One of the FUN's foundations. It was truly difficult to lead the alliance without him...

He had to be strong, though. For all their sakes. Rufus was still there. Heraclius was still there. Arik, though he was visiting his bunkers at an alarming frequency, was still there. He was visiting the Bear Republic, congratulating them for entering the FUN. The Bears were there too. Collin? As confusing as that great country often was, they were still there - and now they were FUN.

Saddamistan, Shepnukistan, Tonkin, Libertia... nuts to them.

Shroom activated the intercom. "Selena? Yes, I would like to have a press conference, in about an hour. I would like to issue a statement, expressing concern about Saddamistan's alleged WMD programs. We would like to send inspectors into their country."

Stas was there too. He had to back him up.

"And tell the Bears that we're interested in Plowsheer. Opiates, huh?"

Result:
Shroom will voice concerns about Saddamistan's WMDs. Will support Stas.

Shroom will support Operation Plowsheer.

The FUN will send MOAR humanitarian helpers into Libertia. A lot more.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Somewhere else...

It was dark. Incredibly dark. So dark that he firsty thought he was in a box or something, until he felt the rockijng of the ship, and the blotches of glowing plankton here and there. As his eyes adjusted the Milky Way became clear, a magnificent display.

He was on deployment, in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

He stumbled across the O-3 deck, heading to one of the .50 cals that were manned 24/7 on deployment. There was no one there. He found the ladder to the O-2 level, waled over to the railing, and glanced down at the 25mm, trying to see movement. There wasn't anyone. He couldn't even smell the cigarette smoke that would normally be billowing up from the smoke deck.

"Hello? Anyone here?"

"I'm here. Although you consistently ignore me, I am here." came the voice. Lonestar turned around, he couldn't see anything, although it felt as if the voice came right next to him.

"Who are you?"

"Ah, shipmate, I am hurt. After all I did for you you don't even recognize my voice?"

"Q."

"Bravo."

"Where am I?" What's going on?"

"Where does it look like you are?"

"On deployment."

"There you go. As for what's going on..." Lonestar couldn't see him, but he could hear the shrug in the voice, "...you are dead."

"DEAD????"

"Well, mostly dead. Ironically it was the blow to the head that did it, not the bullets. The doctors have done everything they can, they are just waiting for the 'beep-beep-beep' of the heart monitor to stop."

Lonestar steadied himself on the railing, looking up at the Milky Way.

"I don't believe you."

"Believe it. This is what happens to you when you die."

"What is this suppose to be then, Purgatory?"

"No," Q sounded annoyed. "It's just the a collection of chemicals interacting and generating a calm, soothing environment so your subconscious doesn't go insane as you die."

"I wouldn't call deployment calm and soothing."

"For you, it was whenever you came out here. I can almost see why."

There was silence, except for the crashing of the ocean against the ship's hull.

"I believe that when I die," Lonestar began "I end up in Heaven with God and Jesus."

"Good for you, although why you would want that I don't know. Yahweh is a bit of a prick."

"That isn't going to happen, is it?"

Silence for about 30 seconds, then Q spoke. He actually sighed.

"No, I don't think it will. But if it's any consolation, I don't think you'll go to the traditional Christian alternative to Heaven."

The sound of the water was getting more distant, and his eyes were losing focus once more.

"I don't want to die."

Medical Ward, Presidential Retreat, Fredericksburg
Lonestar's eyes snapped open.

He turned his head to a startled nurse.

"You think these'll get me re-elected?"
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSatTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
LONESTAR LIVES

Lonestar Republican authorities in Fredericksburg have announced today that El Presidente Lonestar has woken up from his coma and that he has fully regained consciousness and is in the process of recovering from his injuries.

El Presidente Lonestar was injured in the recent assassination attempt wherein he was shot repeatedly by Jihadis. However, the cause of his coma has been determined to have been caused by the head injuries he sustained during his escape.

The Vice President of the Lonestar Republic is scheduled to make an address concerning the state of Presidente Lonestar's health and his recovery and will deliver a statement from the hospitalized Presidente himself.

The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel continues its coverage of Presidente Lonestar's life-and-death struggle, and will continue its coverage as the situation develops.

*click*

Fabranti, Shroomania

The Prime Minister smiled at the first good news he heard for the day.

"Selena, could you send something to the Lonestar Republic for me?"

"Yes sir, what is it?"

"A get-well card."
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear

someone send a care package to the Lonestar republic. Oh and send him some of that Saffron Rice, patatoes and yogurt I baked, hell send him the whole crockpot.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

The flurry of diplomatic activity over the last few days left the Emperor quite exhausted. Meeting ambassadors, and the crumbling OMSK alliance resulted in a lot of debate and discussions over what to do next.

Hearing that El Presidente of the Lonestar Republic was finally awake, the Emperor suggested sending the El Presidente some herbs and spices to aid his recovery, and a get-well card.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Yosemite Bear

Mt. Doom Erupts Again!

though far milder then the last eruption, in fact there were no casualties, as Mt. Doom once again spewed forth firery lava, into the southern desert, This Eruption was only met with magnatude five earthquakes, and storm surges, with continuing aftershocks, Republic Volcanologists state that Mt. Doom appears to be entering a more stable, and predictable cycle. The cooling ash appears to be rich in trace minerals and is very fertile.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSatTV
TOWARDS TRUFFLES

Today, the leaders of the world receive chocolate truffles.

On behalf of the Fungal Union of Nations, Prime Minister Shroom has declared a mass shipment of chocolate truffles to all the world's leaders via Lufthansa-express.

Among the key recipients of the multi-ton packages are El Presidente Lonestar of the Lonestar Republic, who is currently healing from his injuries, and King Paul of PeZookia, who is also likewise recovering from a stress induced stroke.

The other world leaders who received the Shroomanian gifts include Colin of the Bear Republic, Secretary General Stanislav of the Red Technocracy and his wife Ania, Emperor Heraclius of Byzantine, Emperor Shady of the Shadow Empire, King Arik of Canissia and his many heirs, President Rufus of Shinra, all the leaders of the Fungal Union of Nations, President Sheppard of Shepnukistan, the other leaders of the OMSK and MESS nations, the Chairman of the Incorporated Republic of Tonkin, the King of St. George, the leader of Indhopal, and even Emperor Saddam the Great of Saddamistan.

The three leaders of the dominant Libertopian factions have been given marginally smaller packages, Sentinel sources indicate, each one receiving precisely only one-third of the chocolate truffles.

The package, which is estimated to cost around several million Shroomanian dollars and all paid for by the Prime Minister himself, is said to be "a simple gift of international goodwill - an act of kindness and generosity to make the day better for the world's leaders, who are really burdened with many great things."

Chocolate truffles, along with real truffles, are one of the popular pleasure-foods exports of Shroomania.

A sample of the varieties of chocolate truffles included in the Prime Minister's gift to the world's leaders.

Expert analysts believe that this is a calculated political move by the Prime Minister.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomSatTV
FREEDOM FLOWERS

Well-wishers hope for the best for El Presidente Lonestar.

In an international outpouring of love and care, well-wishers in the Lonestar Republic and abroad have gathered to express their hope for the El Presidente's speedy recovery. The crowds, which have gathered ever since El Presidente Lonestar's hospitalization, have only grown larger in size ever since the news of his awakening - as Lonestar Republicans eagerly await to catch a glimpse of their recovering leader.

Flower-bearing crowds gather outside the seat of Lonestar's power. Similar sights have been reported in Lonestar Embassies all over the OMSK, MESS and FUN.

[OOC: Everyone Wuvs Loinstar!]
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Location: Shadow Empire, Imperial Beach Resort, Temporary command center

[Emperor Shady] Elena i want you to send a message to the Secretary General, invite him for a visit. There are things i wish to discuss with him and i believe it should be done in person.

[Elena] Yes my lord, I'll get right on that.

[Emperor Shady]Also prepare a nice welcome for his arrival, perhaps a parade.

[Elena] Anything else?

[Emperor Shady] Yes, I want you to send a Get Well Card to El Presidente Lonestar and King Paul of PeZookia. And send a thank you note to Shroom. These are some damn good chocolate truffles.

[Elena] Yes my lord.
---------------------------------------------------------------

BBC Reports

Life appears to be coming back to normal in the shadow empire, the streets are once again clean. The people have returned to their daily lives, and the rebuilding of the empire continues with the help of the International Community.

In other news it appears that the cult of the God Emperor is spreading with great speed through the shadow empire. The number of people that are making the transition to this new religion grows daily.

We have just received news that the first executions of traitor officers, who have been found guilty by imperial courts, are beginning.We bring you now live to the scene.

The newly appointed Commissar Marek is overseeing the process. As you can see it is a sad fate for those who go up against Emperor Shady
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

[Elena] My lord, we have found this strange recording that i think you should see.

[Emperor Shady] Alright, play it.

*the screen in front of the emperor flickers to life*
[PLAY VIDEO]

To: the guy in charge in the shadow empire

"The Emperor is dead, long live the.. *turns away from the camera* Whoever is in charge again?"

*voice outside the camera*
"*sign*, its anarchy sir"

*looks serious again*
"The emperor is dead, long live emperor anarchy! Revolutionaries enemy is hunger, try Fish Biscuits make the hunger work for you!
*turns away again* Well, how about that?"

"*sign* It'll be fine, sir"

"Great, now, back to work"

[END VIDEO]
[Emperor Shady] Well, that was interesting. Contact the Gottland government and thank them for their concern. And also ask if their ruler needs medical treatment. We can send one of the MOM doctors.

[Elena] Yes my lord. *smiles*

[[OOC: Deuce, man that was hilarious. :lol: ]]
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Atlantis, September 1st 2010
Armistice Ultra Secure Conference Room

The King watched President Rufus go, things had gotten a bit heated in middle of their talk but considering the fact he had not be called a lier to his face then it was on balance a good talk. As he walked out of the secure room he saw Minster of State Koji waiting for him, papers in hand.

"Your Majesty, I have good news and bad" he began without preamble.
"Bad news first Minster, you know my policy." replied the King.
"To start with Saddam the Great has announced that he is releasing the hostages, however the journalists are being held back. They may already be dead according to some reports. And before you ask your Majesty, it seems that he decided to do this on his own. MI9 says the likelihood of getting the journalists is next to nothing." stated Minster Koji
"Can't be helped... Next?" the King asked.

"Damage reports from the Shadow Empire, much less than expected, intial estimates were high." replied the Minister.
"Put us down for some aid, let Parlaiment handle it but tell them I expect some amount, even if it's just a few million or donations of surplus gear." the King said.

Making a note next to the paper Koji went on. "And the launches for the five Arbiters you requested went off without a hitch."
"Good, we may need those, the weather-sats and the other MK II Vulpsats go up fine?" asked the King.

"We lost a Vulpsats, that makes seven Proton-M's we've lost on launch, five from the number seven launch facility, however we got the other three up. We still have six Proton-M's stockpiled at this point and as expected the vaction season is hitting production hard."
"Let em, they deserve it, and six lets us launch anything we seriously need quickly. You saved the other VULKAN?

"Actually it's still not completed, some of the runs were discovered to be warped so it's been delayed by two weeks."

"You owe me a bit of good news Minster" the King asked with a slight smirk.
"I am not the Space Minster, the only reason I have been shanghaied into briefing you to begin with is because everyone else is busy. Speaking of which more bad news. You, or rather I should say the PM is taking hits because of the gender gap in the current government." said the Minster"
"What? 40% of the commons is female, a third of the Lords are Ladies and what about Admiral Melissa Andropov? She commands the Home Fleet for Xenu sake." the King said angrily.

"And would his Grace care to name the number of female minsters in his Majesties Government?" replied the Minster.

"Ahah.... Say... Koji, what if you started dressing in drag, think it would help? the King said looking sideways at his Minster of state.

"While that might help us with the cult movie crowd, I don't think that will foible off the feminists. However if his Grace were to become Her Grace...? the Minster said, trailing off.

The King shot a look at him, the bastard was acutally smirking at him.
"Did I mention how good your head would look on a Pike?
------------------------------------------------------------
BBC Reports September 3rd 2010
"...In International news it seems that the outpouring of aid to the Shadow Empire has been more than the country knows what to deal with. With over 1.7 billion dollars in aid from around the world, most notably the one billion dollar aid package from the Red Technocracy has resulted in a shift in the Government in the Shadow Empire. Emperor Shady has been re-crisited "God-Emperor Shady of the Shadow Empire" and several dozen socialists reforms have been been implemented by the God-Emperor's edict.

BBC File Photo:Celebrations
While it's unclear on how the long term impact of so many reforms so quickly, the news was greeted with widl celebrations in the street and a national Holiday was declared by the new God-Emperor."

"The UKB government has called the aid a "positive sign of international cooperation" But the addition of "God" to his title has left several senior government officials with misgivings."

------------------------------
BBC Reports, September 8st 2010
"..In a stunning report the Red Technocracy has released a report claiming that Saddamstain has been developing and creating Biological weapons.

In an unprecedented move a near Unanimous resolution was passed within ours by both the Commons and the Lords condemning the Saddamstani's for develping these banned weapons. The Prime Minster and King Blackadder are expected to both symbolically sign it the document tomorrow and talks have been called for in Atlantis about discussion how Saddamstain will be pressured to disarm these weapons. "

Here now is the evidence offered by
Pravada wrote:Photos claimed to be taken by RT operatives leaked

This photo depicts one of the abandoned weapon depots in the desert off Greater Baghdad in Saddamistan, that our agents stumbled upon. Inside, evidence of prior storage of chemical weapons was uncovered.

Active depot, with a similar structure. The observed movement of railway carriages allowed to consider that chemical and biological agents are being deployed. Deep-freeze refrigerator carriages have bolstered this assumption:
Refrigerator train crossing the Great Saddam Desert.

Considering the immense security Saddamistan surrounds each depot with, it is natural that carriages could only be intercepted by our agents en route.
"This evidence has already been examined by several excepts who have questioned portions of it, but note two facts, one refrigerated trains are expensive, and used typically only to transfer produce any other things that can not be exposed to much heat. And the simple fact these bunkers are placed in the middle of no-where argues such arugments being made by Saddamstain that the bunkers are "Food warehouses" and the like.

"Said retired Navy Captain Ed Rendell on the Good Morning Show, "You don't build frigging food warehouses in the middle of no-where, what's the point? You build warehouses to supply troops or your own people in the event of some disaster, and you build it where you can get at it, not in the back end of beyond. Beyond question there's something in those warehouses Saddam the Great does not want us to know about. And since several countries openly have Nuclear and Chemical weapons, it only make sense if it's a forbidden weapon system like Biologicals are. The world will not tolerate biological weapons. Period, we've all said that, and the resolution from Parliament reinforces that.

"Also in International News the Neverhood protectorate has been been absorbed by Shepnukstain. Neverhood like Terra Libertia had a government which dissolved under a Civil war. The difference between that Neverhood was a former country under royal rule, following the unexpected death of the previous Monarch the various claimants to the throne fought each other and within two months all of them were dead. Leaving the country in a lurch, the fighting have been confined to the Capital leaving most of the country un-touched. Never that populated to begin with, in 2008 Shepnukstain moved in and claimed it as a protectorate. Following the vote last week a large portion of the country has voted to become part of Shepnukstain, while the rest has voted to form a new country.

"And one last final report the Bear Republic has voted to join the Fugal Union of Nations, the "FUN" as it's know has inducted it's largest member. Celebrations were reported through-out the wilderness covered island and in various FUN country capitals."

-------------------------------------------
BBC Morning Report, September 9st 2010
"... and Alexander Valko says he hopes to take home the Gold in the upcoming Canissian Olympics."

"Also in Olympic news the BBC will be bringing you live coverage from ring side, tune here to the BBC to see all the action this November."

"One final note before we go, it seems that Saddamstain has blocked all foreign radio broadcasts, this does not affect Shroom-Sat and BBC broadcasts into the country because of our Satellite links, however few citizens posses the equipment nessary to receive our satellite broadcasts. To those who may be listening to us or watching this program in Saddamstan we herein the BBC wish to say that we will keep up our efforts to establish a state approved office in Saddamstain to bring the News of the World to the World in every country on the planet. Despite the setback for the free flow of information we won't give up our efforts."

BBC Reports"

-----------------
BBC 1135 Lonestar Local, September 9st 2010

There are unconfirmed reports of a possible terrorist attack in Patriots Square in Austin this hour, The President was scheduled to give a speech in that area, more news on the situation as it comes in.

--------------------
Riverhome, September 10th 2010
Emergency Meeting

TS/REC--September 10th Meeting Transcript--TS/REC

In physical Attendance:
His Grace King Joseph Blackadder the VI
Prime Minster, Charles Spencer
Speaker of the Commons, George Martin
Lord Speaker, Lord Richard Wolsey
Director of Intelligence, Horace Granger
Akashi Koji Minster of the Department of State,

By electronic link
Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Jack Ryan
General of the Royal Army, William Popov
Brigadier General Brian Aldrin, Acting CO OTATT
Vice Admiral of UKB Southern Fleet Bernard Gordan

[Charles Spencer]Start it up... All right, Everyone we are on the record, lets get this started, State what do you have?

[Akashi Koji]My man in Shepnukstain is getting the run around, The President is either unavailable, or terribly busy, or you just missed him.

[Charles Spencer]Fine, tell him the highest ranking memeber of Sheppard government and shove that note up his ass.

[King Blackadder]What do you know that's pissing you off Charles?

[Charles Spencer]You mean besides the fact that President Lonestar's been shot, Saddam the Great is giving us the cold shoulder, might have biological weapons to boot and Sheppard is no where to be fucking found?

[King Blackadder]Besides that

[George Martin]Ramsley?

[Horace Granger]More like Alexander

[Charles Spencer]Both of the useless fuckers, not only did they accept arms but they did so openly. I can understand Alexander, he has to have them. But Ramsley? Sheppard's people have been at him, convicing him it's a Holy war or some nonsense.

[King Blackadder]We have plans for that correct.. Mr... excuse me General Aldrin? I heard Steve had an accident.

[Brian Aldrin]Yes your Majesty, damnedest thing but he broke four ribs and an arm skiing last weekend. I'm acting CO until the Doctors think they can take him off painmeds. He's due in for another two operations this month.

[Richard Wolsey]We do have a Plan Orange prepared correct General?

[Brian Aldrin]We do, it needs updating however, the Arbiters give us additional leverage, but the issue is how much he's prepared, he knows what we have after all. Even though we know we think all his nukes are, even the ones he's hidden, we can't be sure he's gotten them all. Plus the current Plan Orange does not account for Neverhood.

[Richard Wolsey]Neverhood?

[Horace Granger]I'll take that General, we have three unconfirmed reports that several bases are being built in Neverhood territory, the nukes we know about are all in Shepnukstain, we know where he's hidden them all, unless he totally cut them out of the chain, and that's hard considering how much contact we have with his people and the time we've had... but we do have three separate reports from three different sources about bases being built in Neverhood to house more nukes.

[George Martin]Excuse me but I must have missed this briefing, Plan Orange

[King Blackadder]George, when I asked you all to set up Parliament to set up OTATT, it was with the aim of ensuring we could along with SCORECARD remove any countries Weapons of Mass Destruction, let them try and invade we have enough Blackbirds now to sink the whole world's navy including our own twice over. But the WMDs? That's another issue, which is why even for our allies we maintain plans to get a first strike in on their WMD's to make it a conventional war.

[George Martin]I had no idea we were doing them on our allies as well

[Brian Aldrin]Well we do get payed to work all year round Mr Speaker, we can't do varients on CASE ROB all the time.

[George Martin]ROB?

[King Blackadder]Don't ask Mr Speaker, it's to technical to understand, trust me

[Charles Spencer](cough, snort)-Note it's not clear if the PM cleared his throat as he claimed or covered a laughed at this point, for the record we wrote it as a derisive snort

[King Blackadder]You were saying General Aldrin?

[Brian Aldrin]Umm. Yes well you see, we can only give a 82% probability that executing Plan Orange in it's current form will get all of Shepnukstain's nukes if it comes to that.

[George Martin]Excuse me Execute? Are you planning on attacking our ally?

[Bernard Gordan]Mr Speaker your talking about an ally that is arming warlords to fight another warlord and doing it despite Fun, MESS and most of OMSK being against it.

[Charles Spencer]Ahh Admiral, I see you here, your opinions? You know the area and you know the men.

[Bernard Gordan]Aside from shoot them and let Allah sort it out? Yes, I say we stay well out of it, I don't want to take the Southern Fleet anywhere near that situation.

[Charles Spencer]We may be called on to honor our obligations under the Bio-weapon treaty or called on to stop the fighting

[Bernard Gordan]If it were up to me, Prime Minster, I would agree but take my sweet time about putting my ships and my fleet into danger.

[Jack Ryan]To bad it's not up to you Bernard, your Grace, Prime Minister I do have to however agree with Bernard, should we attempt anything down there we simply don't have the power projection abilities. If the war kicks off we can't stop them short of blasting everyone.

[William Popov]Let me just say, The Army is ready to do as the country needs it, but this is a nightmare waiting to happen if we land ground forces.

[Brian Aldrin]I'd sign on to that

[Jack Ryan]As will I on the Navy's behalf

[King Blackadder]Well if that's the military position I tend to think we should take it highly seriously

[Charles Spencer]I'm forced to agree

[Richard Wolsey]We must do something though, our reputation can't survive us sitting this one out.

[Charles Spencer]How about this, we offer our assistance to any Liberaltopia intervention that the FUN and MESS wants to launch but only so far as it goes into prevent Ramsley and Alexander from attacking each other or the Jihadies from entering their territory.

[King Blackadder]We would be better off with them all dead

[Charles Spencer]We would, but we need to re-open the lines of communication and dealing the last crises cost us.

[King Blackadder]So be it, Koji? You heard the PM, you have your marching orders.

[Akashi Koji]And Saddamstain?

[Charles Spencer]We sit on Terra Liberta first, then deal with Saddam, if he tries to interfere then we deal with it. And permanently

[Akashi Koji]I'll get on the phone

-------------------------------------
September 11th 2010
Private Message from UKB State Department to various FUN countries and the Mess

Situations have reached a critical point with both Saddamstain, and Terra Liberita, the UKB stands ready to lend what military and humanitarian aid is needed to both stop the fighting and disarm Saddamstain's biological weapons.

----------------------------------------
Terra Libertia, September 18th 2010
Outside the BBC Satellite Van

From his camouflaged hide, the sniper watched through a pair of binoculars as the two BBC employees got out and climbed the side of the van; inspecting the dish for any sign of damage.

The two BBC workers finally found it; a 12.7mm sized hole in the side of the satellite control junction box. Opening the box; they found the insides completely cooked.

"Damn it, what the hell happened here?"

"Looks like everything just....melted."

"Do we have a replacement?"

"No, this stuff has a lifetime of several tens of thousands of hours. We don't have a replacement. We'll have to order it from the UKB."

"Damn, we have to go low-tech. How's the charge on your sat-phone?"

"Good enough, Peter going to be pissed he can't get the visuals"

"We can still upload the video if we patch in the hand-units

"Steve, that a frigging 11kb connect on that Phone, your talking about sending 3 gigs of a video of a 11kb connection?

"Peter's got his own phone, it's a newer model, he can get 200kb off the HISCO's, we going to have to contact BBC though because that shits like 12 bucks a meg to use"

"Well that's two phones we can use to contact him, if nothing else we'll do Phone reports until we can get a new dish back"

"Alright listen up, you call back, tell them what happened, I'll see if we can salvage anything from the dish, go ahead and ask for a replacement."

----------------------------------

Terra Libertia, September 20th 2010
BBC Remote Broadcast Van[/b]
"All right take a picture of the thing with Peter's phone"
"Hold on... ok there, I'll take a few just in case... all-right I'm uploading the photo's"
"... ok I got them let me get them up to technical see if they can tell what happened."
"It's weird, the whole damn cases is broke like the thing exploded"
"Yes I know it can't do that, there's no C4 in a transmitting dish for christ sake, they can melt down, burn out a brearing not explode.

---------------------------------
BBC Office Canssia, September 21h 2010
They handed the photo's off two hours after they were taken, Christos was due for a date with a sweet little thing across town and could not care less about some damaged dish. Except the Station Manage was on his case on how a 20000$ transmitting rig had died so unexpectedly.

He missed his date, mostly because he was busy on the 9'OClock report, some was trying to silence the BBC in Terra Libertia and the speculation was fierce.

---------------------------------
BBC Reports-September 21h 2010
"Our top story, a BBC Van in Terria Liberta two days ago, Peter Greste a long time BBC Reporter reports that the van was attacked by parties unknown and the main transmission dish was shot through by a high caliber weapon of some kind. Peter and his crew refused to leave the country saying they would continue to report on the ongoing escalation in the area. "

Peter is with us now, Peter are you there?
I'm here Robert, this is Peter Greste reporting from Liberaltopia. As Robert said, Yesterday someone shot our transmitter, the fact that it was all they shot indicates they want to silence us. Well we want to tell whoever that person is we will not leave, we will continue to bring the world the truth of what is going on down here.

Peter what about your personal safety? And the safety of your crew?
Well to that I can say none of my crew voted to leave when the question was put to them. Along with that Lord Ramsley has sent along a full company of the Son's of the Faith to watch over us because he fears for our safety.

Peter when do you expect to be able to broadcast video?
Hopefully in the next 24 hours, we have a second van stationed in St Basil and that's being moved up to meet us here near the border., and a C-130 from the UKB is being set with two vans for that city. We will continue to report live from Liberaltopia Robert, we will not be intimidated out.

Peter thank you for that report, Good night and good luck.
This is the BBC

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Nukistani Presidental Address

President Sheppard's official portrait, for reference

My fellow Nukistanis; at 10 PM Nukistani War Time, the treaty binding us to our fellow OMSK members was abrogated and declared null and void by executive order. This was due to certain irreconcilable differences between us and our fellow nation-states within OMSK; the split however, was amicable; we have no intention of going against our former OMSK members; they shall retain all Nukistani delivered nuclear devices, as well as the keys to operate them. Maintenance and support will however, be discontinued.

As of this moment, there are approximately one hundred plus devices that were provided to fellow OMSK Pact members. The final delivery of the last seven devices to OMSK signatories will be completed by noon tomorrow.

With our withdrawal from the OMSK Pact, my fellow Nukistanis are no doubt asking themselves what will be done concerning the grave MESS threat which hangs over our nation like the Sword of Damocles. We cannot go alone in this world; to do so would be to risk attack from the warmongering forces of the MESS.

Therefore, as of 10:10 PM Nukistani War Time, an agreement was signed with the Arab Socialist Ba'ath Empire of Saddamistan, forming the Unified Atomic Republic. The details are still being worked out; but the UAR will be a loose confederation between Shepnukistan and Saddamistan, with a joint senate that will be appointed by each country's legislative equivalent.

Already, we have signed the first memorandum of understanding with Saddamistan to reopen our joint program office for the peaceful nuclear application program, which was closed several months ago after international outcry. The first project is already on the drawing boards, the Al-Saddam 8,000 horsepower nuclear-electric locomotive.

Thank you, and good night my fellow Nukistanis.

-------------

Press Packet Handed out to Foreign Journalists

UAR Flag, to be flown at equal height next to the Nukistani and Saddamistani Flags

UAR Roundel
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Saddam The Great Addresses His People Live

Our great people

The valiant men of our Armed forces

On previous occasions, we have said that our view of our history in Saddamistan, which is also our view of our history as a nation, is that it is tantamount to faith. Our great history has shown Saddamistan is greater then any nation and has been raised to the status of belief by the sacred blood shed in the most crucial situations for our nation to assert its traits. However, the world sees dark times. The old empires of evil have sought to isolate, dominate, disarm and dismember Saddamistan. The MESS wish only to cut our glorious nation off from the world, and to feast over the remains of Libertopia just a few miles to our south while threatening annihilation should we assert our own rights.

History has show that the caged animals fights with the greatest ferocity, but the Arab socialist way is of strength through unity, and today the world imposed cage has been broken, and unity extended across the seas and the lands to the nation of Shepnukistan. As of 10:10PM this night, Arab Socialist Ba'ath Empire of Saddamistan will formally entered into confederation with Shepnukistan to form the Unified Atomic Republic, a pact of peace, war and technology and economic exchange which will touch the life of all Arabs.

The reactionary ways of the anarchist jihadists which assail the world under the protection of MESS ships of war, ships which steam practically within sight of our pristine coastline will be destroyed, the survivors brought back into the fold of the Ba’th Party and enlightened Islam. Isolation is at and end, and a new era of my just rule has begun.

Long live Saddamistan and its valiant army

Long live our glorious Arab nation.

Long live Shepnukistan and its people

Greetings to every valiant hero and noble heroine in our nations as they repel and resist injustice.

Courageous Men and Women of our great people, and our valiant Armed forces, step forward to embrace the new era.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Nukistani Presidental Residence

"Alright, we got that out of the way," remarked President Sheppard.

"Now comes the matter of eliminating the Sultanate as a coherent regime. This secret stuff with Bout is over. Fuck hiding in the shadows. I want Operation RYAN to begin immediately."

"Operation RYAN?" asked SecState, who was in the dark about this.

"We have close to three thousand Abrams and the same amount of Bradleys sitting in storage after we downsized our army unilaterally. We're going to give them to the Diocese and Alexandria. And we're going to do it in a big way; via a convoy of ships -- the biggest since World War Two."

"Uh, how will we stop the MESS from stopping the convoy and inspecting it, Mr President?"

"Simple. They'll be Nukistani Sealift Command ships, flying our flag, and being escorted by one of our carrier battlegroups. I've just gotten off the phone with Saddam, he's offered a cruiser/destroyer battlegroup for distant cover; and he will cover the oceans in both diesel and nuclear submarines to sanitize the route."

"What if they try to stop it anyway?"

"Then it's war. And there's only one way Nukistan and Saddamistan fight a war with other great powers...."
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Silver Spring Launch Complex, Nukistan

"What? Mr President? Yes sir, the GREEN BAMBOO complex is ready to execute when you give the word. The latest dry fusion devices are much easier to handle than the older ones. But sir, I must warn you; we still don't know how badly fifty megaton enhanced effect warheads will have up that high. Nobody's ever done it before; not even on your old Earth."

"Worry about making sure they're ready to fire on a moment's notice. Let others worry about the political and economic ramifications, General. This is of course, only an emergency measure, in case of war."

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Nukistani Times

The Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Complex formally opened today, almost a month ahead of schedule. This peaceful plant is already generating six gigawatts of electricity for the Nukistani power grid; paving the way to energy truly too cheap to meter.

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Mountainous Central Saddamistan
H-71 Air Base

“Nukistani cargo flight Tanger-Able-Three” cracked the tower radio. “You are cleared for landing on runway Zero Five, winds from the east north east at seven kilometers per hour.”
“Affermative H seventy one tower” replied the pilot of the C-5B “starting final approach now.”

The Nukistani plane was a C-5M cargo plane, a massive aircraft which had additionally been upgraded with new engines, boosting its maximum payload to over 150 tons. Every pound was being used, as the plane was packed with equipment and munitions for the 2nd Special Service Regiment and the 471st Air Force Communication Squadron. Within moments of touching down and taxiing off one of the bases huge 15,000ft runways it was set upon by Saddamistani ground crews. Pallet after Pallet was unloaded, while several of the planes crew assisted the Saddamistani fuelers in connecting to the unfamiliar aircraft. The turnaround took less then half an hour.

The unloaded cargo was quickly hauled away, to be setup inside several vacacted base personal bunkers, which were to become the first Nukistani military facility on Saddamistani soil. Wired into Saddamistani troposcopic scatter radio antennas the facility would provide secure Saddamistani- Nukistani communications without relying on satellite transmission.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

A Random stretch of highway in Shepnukistan

Highway 54A had been a recent project of Shepnukistan, following the last crisis. For no reason whatsoever, it seemed, several miles of the highway had been ripped up and then relaid, straight as an arrow, along with several other locations on different highways.

The reason became apparent as the Highway patrolmen blocked off the highway and routed traffic onto newly built bypasses -- with a roar and the stink of burnt jet fuel, a giant B-1C landed on the highway and deployed it's airbrakes.

This was Shepnukistan's response to the earlier failed experiment involving airborne alert -- rather than keeping the bombers orbiting all the time, with the attendant wear and tear, and after the loss of a B-1C and it's on board cargo of nuclear weapons; the solution of randomly shuffling them between prepared locations, such as extra airstrips built in the middle of nowhere, and random highways was chosen in order to prevent the decapication of SAC by a surprise attack.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Riverhome September 28th 2010
He was watching the monitors... Mein Gott... what was the man thinking? No... of course, it was obvious, but now? After everything he had done for him? The plan to fall apart now?

He had delayed too long, he should have pushed the Straits incident directly into war rather than trying to calm it, he had been playing for time then, time to complete his shield even as his sword was almost all in place. Time to ensure war an impossibility. But now? Now that plan went out the window.

Well so be it, he had planned for this as well, or rather he had a group dedicated to planning for him.

The King turned from the BBC's live feed from Shepnukstain. Time to make a few calls.

"Communications, get General Aldrin on the phone I need to know where we stand on Plan Gold."

King Joseph Blackadder the sixth of his name, Defender of the Realm turned from the video of Saddam the Great and President Sheppard shaking hands to thunderous cheers and picked up his private Phone.

"Yes... tell the General Secretary, we need to talk. And then ask him to get the Emperor, OMSK must be maintained, or a new alliance created from the ashes of the old."

He ended the call, one down and now a second to make.
"Director Granger? I want you to get ahold of Koji, pull everyone out... yes Liberaltopia... I know... no they can stay, we must not tell the BBC to do anything you know my policy.... Their lives are their own.... Good... No, leave you teams in place they know the risks, if you feel you must withdraw them, then ask Charles he will not say no."

He paused, the BBC were now showing a joint military parade, somewhere in Saddamstain, President Sheppard and Saddam the Great on the reviewing stand... Well at least that was a bonus, with the BBC invested so heavily in Shepnukstain they were taking full advantage of the union in order to get the first camera crews in Saddamstain, or perhaps just pirating official Saddamstain media broadcasts. Either way the world would finally see into that closed society.

Unless Saddam decided it would be easier to round them up and have them shot... You never can tell sad to say. Shit... that's right, would Sheppard even now be telling Saddam about scorecard? He was briefed on the whole damn program. Well, there was a line in the sand. He have to untie their hands in order to ensure his deterrent

"....Jim? Yes... I understand... No choice... My personal authority, if they attempted to neuter you then you are free respond, targeting is per Plan GOLD, I expect that plan to be updated in the next two weeks."
Last edited by Mr Bean on 2008-05-24 06:34pm, edited 1 time in total.