SD.Net World(RAR!) MK II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

August 20th 2010
UKB Global Tracking Center, Kanagawa Air Station near Sigil

Sgt Davis paced as he waited for the latest take to process. The fact that there were two MI-4 counter-intelligence people in the room to watch him did nothing for his paitence. The guys from MI4 were here to stay while they tried to track down who had leaked the photos to the press. He grunted as he reflected that heads were due to fucking ROLL when they did find out. Lucky he was low enough down not to be one of them.

The last few passes had been bad since the report had broken the hourly updates had shown Saddamstain's force marching the refugee's inland. In some areas the Landsat's could see into all of Saddamstain, but down south coverage was highly limited as the southern tip set the distance of the Saddamstain orbit. They were already pushing the limits of how far they could tilt the cameras just on the beach and if they moved them inland a few miles then the cameras quailty would decrease to 60 meters or even 100 meters. Past ten miles inland in this area they could not see a thing without perfect lighting and clear weather.

The computers dinged as the take finished proccessing and Sgt Davis swore to himself. The whole beach area and most of the island were under light cloud cover. The weather-satellites were due to go up in a week and this looked like the fringers of one heck of a storm. No question the next few passes would be worthless as the amount of clouds in the photo and the wind currents in the area ensured this storm was likely to be a large one and a long one. No way in hell they would have any idea what happened to these refugee's unless they put one of the recon Tu-160's in the area.

Hah, fat chance, he'd be in for a psych eval in under an hour if he made THAT recommendation. Still he had to make the report, the storm had rendered what little space assets they had worthless until the storm passed. And if they moved the refugee's inland more than five or six miles in the next ten to twenty hours they would have no idea where to look for them.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

President Shinra noticed the Emperor of Byzantium get up and leave during all the clapping. Curious, he sent his Foreign Minister to follow and talk with him. He would have gone himself, but he had things he needed to take care of first.

==========================

Warren Wright, Foreign Minister of the Shinra Republic, lightly knocked on the door of the Byzantine Emperor's room. When the door was opened by one of the Emperor's aides, he politely asked if he could come in.

"The President sends his compliments and wishes he could speak with His Majesty, but he has something he needs to do first. He will be up shortly. May I please come in?"

Back in the conference hall, President Shinra was getting annoyed. Once more he had asked for a clarification of what the OMSK (although he strongly suspected it was mostly the UKB) deal with Saddamistan had been. Again, he had been ignored. Now it was time to do something about it. He leaned over to his Chief of Staff and told him that it was time, and to remember his briefing. His Chief of Staff nodded, and President Shinra wrote something on a piece of paper.

As a brief lull in the conversations was reached, President Shinra purposefully stood, and walked over to the UKB delegation with a measured stride. All eyes quickly locked on him and followed his path. This was decidely unusual, after all. When he reached the UKB table, he placed the piece of paper on their desk, and walked out of the conference hall with the same measured pace. Unbeknownst to those assembled, he was on his way to see the Byzantine Emperor.

After President Shinra had disappeared from view, his Chief of Staff stood and looked at the UKB delegates with a calm, steady gaze.

"I believe there is something the representitives from the United Kingdom of Blackadder would like to address."
On the note President Shinra left, he wrote:So are you finally going to let the rest of the world in on your Big Secret regarding Saddamistan or not? I'm sick of being ignored.

--President Shinra
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

South Western Saddamistan
In the Abbasid Canal, Entrance 11 To The Saddam The Great Canal

After traveling for several miles up the coast the small fleet of Saddamistani littoral warfare ships laden with the Liberaltopians had turned inland, following a waterway dredged through the marshes that led to the Abbasid Canal. The canal entrance was a canyon like channel, blasted for five thousand feet through a ridgeline long ago when Saddam had first beaten industry into the nation. The surface of the water was 200 feet wide, and it was here that the force anchored under the morning sun. Aside from the three foerign journalists, the liners captain and a psychic man claimed to be the chief engineer by the crew who had been airlifted away, all the Liberaltopians had been loaded onto four Polnocny class LSMs, one Ropucha and one Alligator class LSTs. Two corvettes and a dozen motor gunboats provided security for the massively crowded ships, each of which had both the tank deck and upper deck crammed with people.

A series of prison barges where brought alongside by a river tug, each with three security housing decks, two inside the barge hull, and one control deck at the top of the superstructure which accommodated 50 well armed guards from Saddamistans internal intelligence security service. Another 200 guards were brought up to being the process of sorting, women with children to one barge, men and women to other separate barges. The process took hours, but the dehydrated Liberaltopians offered little resistance, the looming walls of the canal stretching away 2000 feet in each direction made it obvious that escape would be impossible. In any case, it was soon apparent that being imprisoned in the 20 person barge cells also meant a large serving of food and water.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

The delegation from Indhopal also had business with a member of OMSK, the Red Technocracy. Several months ago a packet of information detailing 5 Red Technocracy citizen's connections to the bombing of ProTec aircraft had been handed over. The information was pretty good, more than likely to stand up in a court. It also had revealed some of the methods of the ProTec investigators who had written the reports. It had also been somewhat ignored. Given that the Libertopian crisis had been going strong at the time, that was understandable.

MP Larsen, along with one of the chief investigators, a man named Alan Graf, went to meet with the Red technocracy's representatives to see if the Technocracy intended to act on the information. The government of Indhopal was asking that if the suspects entered the Red Technocracy that they would be arrested and stand trial for their roles in the conspiracy to murder 18 citizens of Indhopal. ProTec's inteligence indicated that the suspects ocansionally went back to the Red Technocracy.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Delivery of the Agricultural Equipment

The International Humanist Society has made several deliveries of agricultural equipment to Alexandria and the Diocese.

"We believe that this equipment, having been selected due to their ruggedness and reliability, will help improve the liveliehood of the average person in Terra Libertopia dramatically as they work to raise food harvests by replacing hundreds of workers with a single worker." -- IHS Spokesman Dave Glickman.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Breaking News

Post by DarthShady »

BREAKING NEWS

Imperial Palace Explosion

An explosion rocked the city of Sarajevo just a few moments ago. It appears that the imperial palace, home of our beloved Emperor, has been attacked. We are unsure of what exactly happened.

We are getting unconfirmed reports that the emperor is dead. Oh my God. This can't be happening......

*Transmission abruptly ends*
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

A conversation between the emperor and Elena chief mistress of the W.I.T.C.H.

[Emperor Shady] I knew he was preparing to make his move, but this isn't quite what i was expecting.

[Elena] Well it's good i was there to save your ass again. *smiles*

[Emperor Shady] Well you did arrive in the nick of time. I am just happy i listened to your advice about the escape tunnel.

[Elena] You escaped this time. But General Karić is still after you and he will find this place eventually.

[Emperor Shady] Not if he thinks I'm dead.

[Elena] What do you mean?

[Emperor Shady] There will be many burned bodies in the palace, it will take him time to discover i didn't die in the explosion.

[Elena] Time we can use.

[Emperor Shady] We will need help if i am to keep my throne. The army is loyal to that treacherous bastard Karić. Whose idea was it to give him complete control of the army ?

[Elena] Minister Stojkovic's and you went along with it.

[Emperor Shady] Damn. Remind me to kill the minister when this is over.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

( Summary post )

Atlantis

In a bombshell announcement that rocked the ICTL, the IRT flatly refused any sort of requirements for arms limitation or unitary aid command for the Terra Libertia region. Director Hanh of the Tonkin-Alexandria Development Commission (TADC) was quoted as saying, "ivory-tower aid organizations 'working' out of four-star hotels, oblivious to the need of people right on the ground? The IRT will have no part in this. "

TADC also refused arms limitations, noting that "we must take every effort to protect not only our nationals and corporate interest in the region, but to ensure that General Alexander can do the same for his people... "

In other news, TADC announced the delivery of new Bell Model 214 helicopters to the region ...
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

The Emperor allowed the foreign minister from the Shinra Republic to come in. "What does the good President of the Shinra Republic wish to talk about?"

"Well sir, we have some issues and proposals we wish to talk about."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

RogueIce wrote:
As a brief lull in the conversations was reached, President Shinra purposefully stood, and walked over to the UKB delegation with a measured stride. All eyes quickly locked on him and followed his path. This was decidely unusual, after all. When he reached the UKB table, he placed the piece of paper on their desk, and walked out of the conference hall with the same measured pace. Unbeknownst to those assembled, he was on his way to see the Byzantine Emperor.

After President Shinra had disappeared from view, his Chief of Staff stood and looked at the UKB delegates with a calm, steady gaze.

"I believe there is something the representitives from the United Kingdom of Blackadder would like to address."
On the note President Shinra left, he wrote:So are you finally going to let the rest of the world in on your Big Secret regarding Saddamistan or not? I'm sick of being ignored.

--President Shinra
Lord Patrick looked over the note, he was of the old school and one did not simply hand stiff diplomatic notes to other goverments demanding information. However his position prevented him from doing anything but to pass on the word. It WAS a note after all, not officially presented but signed by the President of the Shinra Republic.

"I will contact his Highness and inform him of this, but that is all I can do at this time."

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Alexandria and Diocese to recieve Aircraft for disease control

As part of an agreement signed with Shepnukistan and the IRT; several light aircraft modified for aerial delivery of insectides to defeat the persistent threat of malaria in Libertopia are being delivered.

"We're very proud to be part of the worldwide effort to eradicate malaria," said Shepnukistan public affairs officials when contacted about this by the Tonkin Times.

"This is also a great chance to build on multilateral trade and relationships with our fellow nation, the Republic of Tonkin," concluded the PAO.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Red Technocracy Supreme Council press-release denies return of pilgrims

- Indhopal seeks to carry out some sort of un-explainable vengeance against our citizens who are currently stranded in Libertia, daily carrying out humanitarian missions of their own will.

- None of them have ever returned back to the Red Technocracy, and it seems no one will, in the nearest years.

- As pilgrims, they ventured to assist the needy, and will probably remain in Libertia for many years.

- Accusations of terrorist acts are, of course, to be dealt with. We are currently investigating whether the U.O.C. local departments ever authorized the operation which is rumored to be known as "Wrath of God"

Red Technocracy Supreme Council press-release: Tonkin claims "outrageous slander", Shepnukistani cooperation with Tonkin "unwelcome"

- Ruthless capitalist exploiters of the libertian soil have denied the free nations of the Libertia the right to international aid, have refused to enter international aid frameworks, vowed to protect their "corporate interests" which are little more than shameless plunder, and ultimately supply Alexander with more and more advanced machines.

- Our fellow pact nation was ready to deal with this ruthless plutocratic pariah stranded on the outskirts of our lands, and aid and legitimize Tonkin's behaviour before the international community. This fact will not go unnoticed.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:"Well sir, we have some issues and proposals we wish to talk about."
"I know the President would like to discuss a Free Trade Agreement between our nations. And I couldn't help but notice you walking out of the meeting. Would you like to talk about that when he arrives?"

Just then, a knock came at the door. One of the Byzantine aides opened it, and admitted President Shinra.

"Hello," he greeted His Majesty and offered his hand to shake. "What did I miss?"

((OOC: Changed my mind on the flow of things.))
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

- Ruthless capitalist exploiters of the libertian soil have denied the free nations of the Libertia the right to international aid, have refused to enter international aid frameworks, vowed to protect their "corporate interests" which are little more than shameless plunder, and ultimately supply Alexander with more and more advanced machines.

- Our fellow pact nation was ready to deal with this ruthless plutocratic pariah stranded on the outskirts of our lands, and aid and legitimize Tonkin's behaviour before the international community. This fact will not go unnoticed.
The TADC strongly protests the Red Technocracy's recent diatribe against our operations with Alexandria. Neither the TADC nor General Alexander's forces have ever prevented international, national or non-governmental aid organizations from assisting the people of Alexandria. Indeed, the TADC is now negotiating with the Diocese and Alexander to permit medical aid moving in from the Red Cross to be shipped across the DMZ.

It is true that we have been supplying General Alexander with machinery. These are mostly limited to earthmoving equipment, light aircraft and helicopters. These assist in aid efforts, reconstruction of infrastructure and surveying.

Finally, the recent bilateral agreement with Shepnukistan was intended to reduce the very real threat of malaria and other insect-borne ailments as well as help in crop dusting; they can also be used for surveying and other peaceful needs.

It is unfortunate that the Red Technocracy's ideological concerns over the IRT have clouded their judgment with regards to our lawful and peaceful activities in the region of Alexandria. We hope that, for the sake of the poor, that these profound misunderstandings can be put aside.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

An aide poured President Rufus and the Emperor Heraclius IV each a glass of the finest Greek Wine as the two sat together for a talk in the hotel suite. A pair of Varangian Guards, the elite infantry of the Byzantine Military stood guard at the door.

"Well, President Rufus, Byzantium is more than willing to entertain a Free Trade Agreement between our nations to speed up trade and exchange of technology and ideas. I will leave the technicalities with the civil servants at the Trade Ministry to haggle over the details with their counterparts. But that aside, I am getting very very tired about dealing with Terra Libertia, especially when the last time we very nearly went into war with Saddamistan. Not trying to snub King Paul, but to be honest, I can sense he is trying very hard and I will give him credit and thanks. For myself, I will do as much as I can to help out his proposal, which as I stated in my official news release and with my aide that remained in the chamber to take notes and state my position, that there are a few caveats that have yet to be dealt with. It has become clear to me that several positions that many members have taken have solidified or concealed in an effort to give themselves "maneuvering room".

"And other problems exist. Relations between the OMSK and MESS is at an all time low no doubt to the distrust, and I have been quietly furious at how a lot of things have developed. For a moment I thought we were going to close all our borders altogether. Fortunately, we haven't and I sure hope that will never happen, because we essentially lit up a spark that will be the harbinger of many bad things.

"It's one thing to be totally distrustful, but it's another to connive. I would say that steps should be taken to prevent such situations from happening. I know in the real world they have had red telephones to ensure constant communication, but here, we are totally lacking in transparency and even telephones won't do a thing when people deliberately not want to talk.

"Short of leaving any alliance to allow the more belligerent members to duke it out with each other, everyone stands to lose in a major war, unless they have genocidal tendencies like Sheppard. No, Byzantium would not have it. We will not allow for a war that will bring us economic ruin and the destruction of our cities.

"And then we have Saddamistan. Even if none of us tried to boogeyman him, he is doing a fine job on his own. That yet to be completely justified attack on the Sultanate threw away perhaps all hopes of peace on Terra Libertia when the attack drove more into desperation and poverty and no doubt into the hands of the religious fanatics. While they are expanding their energies killing each other, we are giving birth to several generations of religious fanatics who think they have a cause to wage a war against the world. I foresee some 50 years down the road, plenty of problems. Not to mention their sheer size and number which is staggering when you think that they actually outmass many of the smaller nations' populations. I think we are looking at a really serious problem as early as 10 years or earlier, depending who wins. I really think we should back the Sultan somehow but the question is how."

Sighing, the Emperor requested for another glass of wine. This will be a night to really drink.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-05-19 11:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Indeed, the TADC is now negotiating with the Diocese and Alexander to permit medical aid moving in from the Red Cross to be shipped across the DMZ.
We have good reasons to believe it to be a cover for black market arms supplies.

We do not trust the IRT, or any activities connected with it, just as we don't trust other mercenary forces in the area, being defence contractors for Tonkin, ProTec, and other similar entities.

We also urge all nations to adopt the Rules of War [OOC: equivalent of Geneva Accords] and immediately exempt ALL paramilitary, mercenary, contractor forces from the protections granted by such conventions.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Rufus sipped lightly on his drink, and felt a sense of deja vu come over him as Heraclius spoke. And why shouldn't I? Christ knows I've been saying the same things to myself lately.

"I understand your problems, my friend. It is one of the truths of the world that many will see their own solutions to a problem, and refuse to hear of any others. I do not want to see the Sultan wiped out, to be replaced by the Jihadist faction, or worse yet absorbed by the other warlords, which I fear would be nothing less than ethnic cleansing.

"But I fear not all will agree. I too admire what King Paul is trying to accomplish, but it may be unrealistic. Even with agreements from several nations, I have come to the conclusion that others would conspire against these goals, whether openly or covertly. Recent history has shown us that much, at least.

"Full transparency is a nice goal, but we will never have it. And some will always be more opaque than others in how they interact with the world. And still others will continue to push their own agendas, regardless of whether they have international agreement or not. A unified Libertain aid agency would be nice, but I feel we would be undermined by those seeking their own path, to whatever 'peace' they happen to define.

"Of course the question is, what can any of us do? Nations will pursue their own interests, whether openly or through covert means while smiling politely to your face. Short of war, which none of us want, or further military actions such as our earlier proposed MESS Libertia quarantine, I do not see any solution to the problem we face.

"And I agree, we must help the Sultanate. But how? The MESS as our carriers in the region. Do we bomb the Jihadist faction? Invade? Propoganda could work; after all, they were attacked by Saddamistan in a manner that makes anything the LSR did in their hostage rescue mission look like nothing. And now we stand between them and Saddam, to prevent such future attacks. We could perhaps try using that simple fact to our advantage..."

Decue
Padawan Learner

Post by Decue »

[PLAY VIDEO]

To: the guy in charge in the shadow empire

"The Emperor is dead, long live the.. *turns away from the camera* Whoever is in charge again?"

*voice outside the camera*
"*sign*, its anarchy sir"

*looks serious again*
"The emperor is dead, long live emperor anarchy! Revolutionaries enemy is hunger, try Fish Biscuits make the hunger work for you!
*turns away again* Well, how about that?"

"*sign* It'll be fine, sir"

"Great, now, back to work"

[END VIDEO]
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:"I will contact his Highness and inform him of this, but that is all I can do at this time."
Chief of Staff Brian Sinclair looked over at Lord Patrick of the UKB and frowned.

"You mean to tell me that you sit here, at a conference called specifically in reaction to the recent Saddamistan/Libertia conflict, and yet you are not empowered to speak before us concerning the UKB's own actions in said conflict? Then why are you here, Lord Patrick?"

Elsewhere in the guest areas, UKB Minister of State Koji, flanked by a pair of Gurhkas, waited on the floor Emperor Heraclius IV was staying on. He had been told President Shinra had gone to see the Emperor when he had left the conference hall, and now he waited with a note from the King himself clutched in his hand.

He was careful to stay out of sight, should anyone from the Byzantine contingent be outside the Emperor's quarters. He of course did not know that the Shinra Chief of Staff was down below, following his orders to push the UKB for some public statement.

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

His Majesy's Personnal Office: Atlantica Palace

At least in comparison with what had been going on lately it was for the most part reletively quiet day for King Zor-I as he went over various peices of legislation and reports. Various Parliamentry issues, mostly civilian, but then he came across major national defense bill. The monarch went over it again and again. He had seen the debates over it fly back and forth among the population, the protests from those who desired a stronger national defense and those who sought not to further distabilize the political scenario and the debates in Parliament. It had passed through, but there was still a good deal of support against it. Either way, someone would be taking political shots at him, but he had made up his mind and set about signing the bill and filed it. He then picked up his phone and called his secretary.

"Jackie, contact Shepnukistan and the Red Technocracy. I am going to need your help, we are going to be making a request from our OMSK Pact allies for some nuclear engineers for a major project."
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

News from Alexandria

The march of progress continues under the benevolent rule of General Alexander! The General announced today plans to start a central bank and a national currency for Alexandria. Gone will be the days where one must barter for his goods! The General's ministers are working very hard with international partners to get the national currency launched by the end of the year, and welcome the involvement of more partners.

The Army of Alexandria now has its first military academy as well. The leaders of the protectors of the realm will now be trained to the highest standard at the Red Valley Training Center.

(The low down: The currency initiative is rushed, and anyone who has significant presence in Alexander's territory can help set it up if they like. When the international agency gets started, that is a program Alexander would like help with. He's likely to need it too. The Red Valley Training Center is located in the mountains about 25 miles west of the capital. It is where ProTec has been re-training Alexander's officers and where they have been developing army doctrine and staff work.)
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

The Emperor sipped more wine, and said, "Ah yes, those 'aid agencies'. I would love to tear open those boxes myself to see what they are giving for 'aid'. I have been having my intelligence officers going through that right now as I speak. I will find out what the devil they are doing one way or another.

As for the Sultanate. What do you suggest? Aside from aiding the Sultan militarily in some way, I am having difficulty seeing how propaganda could all together work. The only way out I can see it, is to ween off the more moderate subfactions with promises, and I mean real promises, of aid and money. We can help the Sultanate rebuild, provided again Saddamistan doesn't go back and wreck the place up. Those carriers of yours might be sufficient deterrent, and if you need my help, I think I can spare some destroyers and frigates.

And I think, time is slipping and we must act fast. "
Kreia
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

The King of New Patria is not attending this conference due to personal, and public obligations.

Excerpt from [CLASSIFIED] transcripts of the New Patrian Quincential Defense Review Board Presentation Hearing, [REDACTED]

King: So you are saying that the three most important procurement projects not currently approved are for New IFVs, A new Medium multi-role platform to replace and compliment the P-3B "Orion-B", and the development of either a DDH, a CVH, or a LHD. Is this correct?"

General McPeak: That would be correct sir. As for the first we intend to seek Bradley variants from Shepnukistan. The second point is up in the air right now, but we are looking at a craft somewhere between the size of an F-22 and a Tu-22M.

PM: That's a large range in size.

General: Yes Prime Minister it is. The range is due to the fact that final system requirements have yet to be set. Initial options we are pursuing are F-22s, F-14s, Su-24s, F-111s, F-26s, and Tu-22Ms.

PM: What about the third requirement?

General: We are unsure at this time but we expect the final design to be allong the lines of either a Mistral Class or an Ocean Class. We would like to have the dock of the Mistral Class, but the flight deck of the Ocean is also a nice feature.

King: Based on what I've heard an seen so far today, I'd say that the Dock is more important. What is the total number of ships that you are looking at in the Projected naval force for the 2012 to 2018 time frame?

General: We would like to maintain our force of 20 patrol craft in the current 4-6-10 High-Medium-Low force. In addition we are looking at Expanding the current force of two Azemla [De Zeven Provinciën] Class frigates to 3 or 4, and adding the flight ship with an expected procurement of two or three units.

PM: Just a moment General. My Lord, Why do you say that the the Dock is more important than the flight deck?

King: We already have 3 fixed wing airframes in service, the Tejas makes 4, and the Medium Multi-Role Airframe makes Five. Oh Sophia - take a note. The MMRA needs a better acronym. Even with the retirement of the F-16, we still have 4 airframes in service, and we have to face the facts - we don't have the resources to spend on 5 different types of aircraft.

[End Excerpt]
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

County Magistrate and Councilmen Election Begins

The Central Election Committe has officially released the candidate list for the 2010 County Magistrate and Councilmen Election of the Republic of Mangka. This is the first election after the Sunshine Law and establishment of ICAC. Due to the crackdown on corruption, both the Blue and Green parties have been forced to choose many fresh, new faces as their candidates. The spokesmen and chairmen of both parties have refused to comment on the election.

According to electoral laws the campaign activities will be held for 1 month before election day.

=======================

Vice President Office, Presidential Hall

Vice President Yuki Amami was reviewing the files of the candidates of the election. In these files was info gathered from the ICAC and the Military Police. Most of the candidates were fresh faces, there was not much history to dig into.

Face still cold as ice, the VP was considering various factors. According to the reports she has been following, something was going to happen during election day. Starting from the candidates. There didn't seem much connection here. More hard work was needed.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi