In the latest satr Wars EU

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

In the latest satr Wars EU

Post by master_yoda »

Should the Empire make a comeback?
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Re: In the latest satr Wars EU

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

master_yoda wrote:Should the Empire make a comeback?

We want Thrawn Clone! We want Thrawn Clone! We want Thrawn Clone!
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

We want the one who died in Last command to be a Clone and the real one comes back! :)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Mr Bean wrote:We want the one who died in Last command to be a Clone and the real one comes back! :)
yah!
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Considering the size and scope of the Empire they should never have been so easily dismissed by the Authors in the first place.

So yes they should make a comeback and squash the NR like a bug. Maybe then they can institute a proper Jedi Academy and have done with it.
master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Post by master_yoda »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Considering the size and scope of the Empire they should never have been so easily dismissed by the Authors in the first place.

So yes they should make a comeback and squash the NR like a bug. Maybe then they can institute a proper Jedi Academy and have done with it.
Yeah I agree.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

I would like to see it set up so that the Empire regains some of its former glory, but that it and the New Republic exist in an uneasy truce, both ruling significant portions of the galaxy.

I would find the galaxy much more interesting if there were two sides, neither completely good or completely evil. The tension 'tween the two could improve the series significantly.
The Great and Malignant
Sith God
Village Idiot

the empire

Post by Sith God »

i dont think we can bring them back they're all dead according to the eu writers and why do we call it the new republic shouldnt it be the restored republic or just plain old republic?
Vorlan
Redshirt

Post by Vorlan »

Personally, I feel that if in the novels they give the Empire the "Unknown Regions" (but wait, do those even exist, after Ep.2? It was said that if it isn't in the Jedi database, then it doesn't exist) and the Empire and the Chiss sort of..merge? Now that would prove entertaining, albiet, highly unlikely. Then, you could have sort of a Cold War between the New Republic and Empire. I always pictured Paelleon to look a little like Stalin.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I'd like a book centering on the Remnant and Pellaeon and maybe it merging with the Chiss to become the dominant non-Vong faction in the galaxy.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Vorlan wrote:Personally, I feel that if in the novels they give the Empire the "Unknown Regions" (but wait, do those even exist, after Ep.2? It was said that if it isn't in the Jedi database, then it doesn't exist) and the Empire and the Chiss sort of..merge? Now that would prove entertaining, albiet, highly unlikely. Then, you could have sort of a Cold War between the New Republic and Empire. I always pictured Paelleon to look a little like Stalin.
He does, at least in the SWEC illustration. Now all we need is for him to die of a brain hemorrage and be replaced by a semi-competant gap-toothed bald fat-man.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
His Divine Shadow

Pablo Sanchez wrote:He does, at least in the SWEC illustration. Now all we need is for him to die of a brain hemorrage and be replaced by a semi-competant gap-toothed bald fat-man.
IIRC someone said he looked like Admiral Ozzel in the Thrawn triology comics.
You don't like Pellaeon?
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Vorlan wrote:Personally, I feel that if in the novels they give the Empire the "Unknown Regions" (but wait, do those even exist, after Ep.2? It was said that if it isn't in the Jedi database, then it doesn't exist) and the Empire and the Chiss sort of..merge? Now that would prove entertaining, albiet, highly unlikely. Then, you could have sort of a Cold War between the New Republic and Empire. I always pictured Paelleon to look a little like Stalin.

He does. And I doubt it was purely accidental. Especially due to the anti-Empire the EU writers and such have.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

If you want to bring the Empire back you can thank the EU authors for giving a window of opprotunity,now then if theNew Republic defeats the Vong it will be severly weakened leaving a vaccume the empire and Chiss could exploit.I may be wrong but still the NR will be in no shape to fight the Empire just after a war with the Vong
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

If you want to bring the Empire back you can thank the EU authors for giving a window of opprotunity,now then if theNew Republic defeats the Vong it will be severly weakened leaving a vaccume the empire and Chiss could exploit.I may be wrong but still the NR will be in no shape to fight the Empire just after a war with the Vong :D
Black Mage,

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Typhonis 1 wrote:If you want to bring the Empire back you can thank the EU authors for giving a window of opprotunity,now then if theNew Republic defeats the Vong it will be severly weakened leaving a vaccume the empire and Chiss could exploit.I may be wrong but still the NR will be in no shape to fight the Empire just after a war with the Vong :D
If i remember my readings from the Essential Guide to Species book and numourous RPG's(not that they really count for much) the Chiss are not an expansionist government and they look upon first strike actions as such an offense that when Thrawn did so against the Outbound flight they exiled him from their area.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Ok maybe not the chiss though they coulg get Clawfighters from em but still the weakened NR govenrment would give the empire an opprotuniy
Black Mage,

David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

We can only hope.
His Divine Shadow

I hope they do.