Anyone Want a Good Laugh?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Anyone Want a Good Laugh?

Post by Lord Poe »

Muhammed Saeed al-Darkstar has posted his 2008 State Of The Debate address. Boy, its just been an ass-raping of SD.net, "EU-philes", and Talifans! Authors are secretly creeping over to Darkstar's website and copying notes from his Death Star page to use in the Death Star novel, we're so scared of Traviss' clone numbers that we attack her and ignore the EU (Ignore the EU? Us?) and we have FAILED, FAILED I say, in our attempts to "destroy" SFJ!
State of the Debate 2008
I'd been batting around ideas for a State of the Debate 2008 for awhile, even back when it would've been 2007, and thus wouldn't have rhymed quite so nicely. Of course, I've been ever so busy for the past several months, and thus many ideas for updates, blog posts, and so on have been left by the wayside, if not forgotten altogether. But this one keeps re-appearing in my brain.

A State of the Debate, by its nature, is not meant to cover every little detail. Here, we primarily wish to ponder some of the grander themes and overall tracks of the debate.

For the purpose of this post, we'll accept as accurate some statements of the opposition.

My opponents have long listed the the matters of canon policy and the technology of the Death Star as what they consider to be my two primary arguments. While I never considered it in that way, it is true that those two topics bring us to our major points of logical departure.

Their assumption of selected EU material's validity for the purpose of analyzing Star Wars tech (even allowing them to re-understand clear film evidence) carries them far, far away from views that a normal movie-goer would hold. Also, their assumption that the Death Star uses raw, focused reactor energy to annihilate worlds results in much of their beliefs on Imperial reactor power and firepower, as they initially derived estimates by simply scaling downward. That is to say, they simply assumed years ago that a turbolaser was a small superlaser, with a linear firepower relationship joining the two. Ignoring that this would result in ridiculous blaster firepower, this scaling view informed all other firepower estimates, even those that ought to have been taken independently.

Meanwhile, we have argued since at least 2002 that the EU is not valid for the purpose of understanding the Star Wars universe of Lucas. While there might've been room for almost-reasonable doubt at first, the matter became quite settled a couple of years ago, what with Lucas et al. repeatedly stating that there are two separate, parallel universes with the EU being the other. This means that analyzing the Expanded Universe for info on the Lucas universe would be like watching "Mirror, Mirror" to find out about Trek technology, or learning history from alternate history books like Fatherland.

The pro-Wars debaters still refuse to accept this point, instead choosing to ally with the similarly-stuck "EU Defense Force" types who are also emotionally invested in claiming that the EU is not to be discounted for any purpose. But despite such irrational resistance, their position has been thoroughly discredited.

As for the Death Star, we have maintained since at least 2002 -- based on analysis of the films and novelizations thereof -- that the Death Star is not a brute-force weapon directly transferring its reactor's energy . . . instead, the superlaser produces a highly destructive hyperspace-related matter-energy conversion. This was the only useful way to explain the rings added to the Special Editions, material disappearance, and so on, effects which the other side chose instead to ignore. It was also the only way to satisfactorily explain how a vehicle powered by simple fusion could have a planet-busting raygun.

In what must seem the ultimate betrayal for the EU-phile pro-Wars side, the Star Wars Expanded Universe now forces this position, as well. October 2007's Star Wars: Death Star novel also discusses the superlaser in terms of a hyperspace-related matter-energy conversion, with hyperspatial reflux rings and target matter that disappears into hyperspace. Even the reactor technology, despite use of the EU's "hypermatter" nonsense, is incapable of planet-busting energy levels except under catastrophic superlaser misfire conditions, similar in broad strokes to our explanation of the destruction of DS1.

This means, in short, that their cherished EU now officially agrees, in principle, with what their arch-rivals have maintained for years. They can continue to argue the point by trying to scour older EU sources for contrary-sounding minutiae, but only at the expense of their own logical consistency.

And so, with the canon debate also long-settled, the situation they are faced with is quite terrible for them . . . what they view as my two primary arguments are both now lost.

Even putting the best spin on things (emphasis on spin), they are faced with a Catch-22. Either they can try to argue the point of the superlaser at the expense of the EU, or they can argue the EU at the expense of the superlaser.

-------------------------------

There is, of course, a certain irony to all this. For all the work that's gone into ST-v-SW.Net . . . for all the debates and postings and so on . . . it was generally outsiders who decided the issues. Lucas and Lucas Licensing personnel clarified the existing facts, but the Death Star novel was an independent construct of the two authors (barring the outside chance that they somehow stumbled upon this internet backwater and paid attention to some of the same details I presented in the Death Star Research Project).

But given the vitriolic, irrational taking of sides that I have long railed against . . . the sort of us vs. them war mentality that is so often prevalent in this, the most unimportant of topics, just as it is in American politics (which often seems tamer by comparison) . . . that was really the only way it could've happened. Their 'Darkstar Derangement Syndrome', to coin a phrase, has been too prevalent, and thus nothing I or anyone espousing similar views could've said would've convinced them.

That having been said, there's no reason to presume that they will be convinced by anything.

- When faced with devastating facts in the canon debate, they withdrew into a virtually impenetrable groupthink, outright ignoring the facts and patting one another on the back for doing so.

- When faced with devastating facts from the EU regarding troop numbers far smaller than their pulled-from-the-air quadrillions, they attacked and made threats against the author, who now seems to rather enjoy slipping in additional jabs in her continuing EU writings. Nowadays, the author's numbers are ignored despite their repetition in the EU.

- When initially faced with the Death Star novel, their claim was that this increased the Death Star's firepower and reactor power to unknowable levels, instead of decreasing it from their already-expanded values.

With all those facts in mind . . . and oh so many others from similar stories . . . the future will likely not involve an acceptance of the facts.

The pro-Wars Vs. Debate subculture has seen its heyday, what with one of its members contributing to the EU a few years back, but with its assorted attacks on EU personnel they have served to isolate and marginalize themselves rather effectively, and as they continue to spout quadrillions in the face of everyday Star Wars EU readers who see millions, they will continue to be viewed as off their collective rocker . . . especially as their vitriol increases.

Thus I would wager that they will engage in continuing re-imagination or outright ignoring of the Death Star novel, with the same 2002-era myths of theirs told and retold.

Meanwhile, Star Trek will have a film in late 2008, with Star Wars possibly having a TV show in 2009. Thus the topic itself will probably not be dying out anytime soon, and . . . years behind as I already am . . . I'll continue to have work to do, thus enabling me to get even further behind without even trying.

There's much more that can be said on the State of the Debate 2008, but for now . . . with the rather serious exceptions of the author being AWOL and all the pages being in need of updates . . . ST-v-SW.Net's position is strong as ever.

And, with the continuing presence of StarfleetJedi.Net in the pro-Trek side, along with its forum that the SDN pro-Wars side have failed to destroy, the debate itself is proceeding apace.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

*chuckle*

One thing eludes me, how the frak are people supposed to "destroy" the SFJ forums? :?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Gandalf wrote:*chuckle*

One thing eludes me, how the frak are people supposed to "destroy" the SFJ forums? :?
There are methods. But given the nature of SFJ regular it'd be like stealing a kids favourite toy. WTF do I mean "like" it would be stealing a kiddies toy.

That said is Darkstar still going? I propose we set up a paypal account to get Scooter laid, then he can fuck off for good.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

I think I have the patience to read through all that, but if someone could sum it up for me in five or less sentences I'd be very grateful.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Zablorg wrote:I think I have the patience to read through all that, but if someone could sum it up for me in five or less sentences I'd be very grateful.
I don't so I'd be grateful for that summary, too.
On a completely unrelated note that AH-64D in the OP picture is ill-equipped to attack what is obviously a large gathering of people. I'd think you'd want FFARs for that.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Gandalf wrote:*chuckle*

He probably figured JMSpock would shut down after "other" debators showed up. Recall that he pulled the plug, while screaming like a bitch because people were rude and "swamped" the board.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

:roll: Pound that podium, Churchill!

I get visions of Dwight Schrute in The Office ranting at the sales conference. God, get outdoors more.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Wait, what? He actually writes a State of the Debate? :shock:
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

phongn wrote:Wait, what? He actually writes a State of the Debate? :shock:
Every year I believe.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

phongn wrote:Wait, what? He actually writes a State of the Debate? :shock:
Oh yeah. I think he started last year. It's all part of his kooky notion that this is a serious conflict, just like his whackjob "Battle of Britain" references and so forth.

I personally just love the Death Star spin:- you've got this quote:-
If it didn't work—well, the hypermatter reactor was capable of generating an energy burst equivalent to the total weekly output of several main-sequence stars; if anything went wonky, it wasn't likely he'd be around long enough to notice.
Pretty obvious, right? The hypermatter reactor is capable of X, I hope nothing goes wrong when dealing with that sort of energy. Which he "translates" into:-
Even the reactor technology, despite use of the EU's "hypermatter" nonsense, is incapable of planet-busting energy levels except under catastrophic superlaser misfire conditions, similar in broad strokes to our explanation of the destruction of DS1.
:roll:

Or this:
Death Star novel also discusses the superlaser in terms of a hyperspace-related matter-energy conversion, with hyperspatial reflux rings and target matter that disappears into hyperspace.
:lol:

He gets that from:-
. At full charge, the hyper-matter reactor provided a superluminal "boost" that caused much of the planet's mass to be shifted immediately into hyperspace
See! That clearly means that there's free energy coming in from hyperspace, right? There's no mention there whatsoever of the hypermatter reactor actually doing the work, right?
This means, in short, that their cherished EU now officially agrees, in principle, with what their arch-rivals have maintained for years.
How can a novel that references hypermatter reactors as a means of producing near unlimited energy:-
His nephew, Hora Graneet, had been a navy spacer on the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Mark II class vessel, which had been selected for a shakedown cruise testing one of the improved prototype hypermatter reactors. Tenn didn't know the specifics of what had happened, and didn't have anything close to the math needed to understand it anyway. He knew that hypermatter existed only in hyperspace, that it was composed of tachyonic particles, and that charged tachyons, when constrained by the lower dimensions of realspace, produced near-limitless energy.
and the Death Star's reactor as being capable of producing an "energy burst" equivalent to the weekly power output of several main sequence stars, etc - agree, "in principle", with his fusion-powered Death Star chain reaction superlaser crap?

There's no quote in Death Star claiming that it started a chain reaction on Alderaan. There's no quote in Death Star saying it's powered by a fusion reactor. There's no quote in Death Star saying the superlaser somehow caused free energy to come in from hyperspace.

The only thing he's got to cling to is the "matter-energy conversion limited to realspace" quote, which is obviously a reference to the above quote re hypermatter reactors and "null point" energy, given that the very same passage states that the hypermatter reactor at full charge is doing all the work :roll:

He really is Baghdad Bob.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Pathetic. Darkstar is really doing us a favor with this--summing up all the fertilizer from SFJ into one easily shot-down essay.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Re: Anyone Want a Good Laugh?

Post by Darth Servo »

Rabid Stupid Asshole wrote:State of the Debate 2008
I'd been batting around ideas for a State of the Debate 2008 for awhile, even back when it would've been 2007, and thus wouldn't have rhymed quite so nicely.
And as any fundy moron or Republitard knows, rhyming arguments always carry more weight.
Of course, I've been ever so busy for the past several months, and thus many ideas for updates, blog posts, and so on have been left by the wayside, if not forgotten altogether.
The phones have been ringing off the hook, eh Darktard?
For the purpose of this post, we'll accept as accurate some statements of the opposition.
How generous.
My opponents have long listed the the matters of canon policy and the technology of the Death Star as what they consider to be my two primary arguments. While I never considered it in that way, it is true that those two topics bring us to our major points of logical departure.
So you didn't consider it true but its true anyway? Such honesty from the cesspool of the internet is surprising to say the least.
Their assumption of selected EU material's validity for the purpose of analyzing Star Wars tech (even allowing them to re-understand clear film evidence)
The "clear film evidence" that only Darkstar can see? Or the clear film evidence that Darkstar claims his "theories" explain but when asked how, he insists "Its sci-fi, I don't need to explain it".
carries them far, far away from views that a normal movie-goer would hold.
Oh, good, another addition to the dictionary.

Normal: fanatical trektard.
Also, their assumption that the Death Star uses raw, focused reactor energy to annihilate worlds results in much of their beliefs on Imperial reactor power and firepower, as they initially derived estimates by simply scaling downward. That is to say, they simply assumed years ago that a turbolaser was a small superlaser, with a linear firepower relationship joining the two.
A rather generous assumption to the pro-trek side since larger things are generally LESS efficient than smaller ones. Standard turbolasers and blasters should be MORE powerful than a straight scaled-down superlaser.
Ignoring that this would result in ridiculous blaster firepower, this scaling view informed all other firepower estimates, even those that ought to have been taken independently.
Of course scooter gives no calculations for these claims. Typical.
Meanwhile, we have argued since at least 2002 that the EU is not valid for the purpose of understanding the Star Wars universe of Lucas.
And on which point you got your ass kicked by EVERYONE except for your band of cocksuckers at SFJ. And by "everyone", I mean everyone from the fans to the people who work for LFL.
While there might've been room for almost-reasonable doubt at first, the matter became quite settled a couple of years ago, what with Lucas et al. repeatedly stating that there are two separate, parallel universes with the EU being the other.
Which Darkstar continues to insist that those words should be interpreted literally without one shred of justification. Even though it contradicts every OTHER official quote there is on the subject.

But then we're talking about a 'person' who thinks a statement about dragons living in the cores of stars should be interpreted literally.
The pro-Wars debaters still refuse to accept this point, instead choosing to ally with the similarly-stuck "EU Defense Force" types who are also emotionally invested in claiming that the EU is not to be discounted for any purpose. But despite such irrational resistance, their position has been thoroughly discredited.
Argumentum ad nauseum.
As for the Death Star, we have maintained since at least 2002 -- based on analysis of the films and novelizations thereof -- that the Death Star is not a brute-force weapon directly transferring its reactor's energy . . . instead, the superlaser produces a highly destructive hyperspa
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Re: Anyone Want a Good Laugh?

Post by Darth Servo »

cont.
As for the Death Star, we have maintained since at least 2002 -- based on analysis of the films and novelizations thereof -- that the Death Star is not a brute-force weapon directly transferring its reactor's energy . . . instead, the superlaser produces a highly destructive hyperspace-related matter-energy conversion.
What a liar. Anyone can read his posts here on SD.net or in the debatep and see that he never ONCE mentioned hyperspace in his undefined chain reaction. He admitted it was inspired by the GENESIS DEVICE, not hyperspace. And he has the nerve to accuse others of back fitting theories and re-writing history. But then, this is Darkstar.
This was the only useful way to explain the rings added to the Special Editions, material disappearance, and so on, effects which the other side chose instead to ignore.
Funny how you actually can't EXPLAIN those things, as you admit every time someone actually asks you how does your chain reaction explain those things.

Ignore:
1) point out that something is a figment of the trektard's imagination.
2) Admit we don't have an explanation but neither does the trektard.
It was also the only way to satisfactorily explain how a vehicle powered by simple fusion could have a planet-busting raygun.
Because a statement that talks about dragons in the middle of stars MUST be interpreted literally, right fuckstar?
In what must seem the ultimate betrayal for the EU-phile pro-Wars side, the Star Wars Expanded Universe now forces this position, as well. October 2007's Star Wars: Death Star novel also discusses the superlaser in terms of a hyperspace-related matter-energy conversion, with hyperspatial reflux rings and target matter that disappears into hyperspace. Even the reactor technology, despite use of the EU's "hypermatter" nonsense, is incapable of planet-busting energy levels except under catastrophic superlaser misfire conditions, similar in broad strokes to our explanation of the destruction of DS1.
Gotta love how liar-star changes "boost" into "disappears" Also gotta love his continued description of C-canon material as "nonsense", just like he described the second half of Lucas' "parallel universe" quote as "nonsense". Another entry for the dictionary:

Nonsense: any canon or official information that the trektard doesn't like.
And so, with the canon debate also long-settled, the situation they are faced with is quite terrible for them . . . what they view as my two primary arguments are both now lost.

Even putting the best spin on things (emphasis on spin), they are faced with a Catch-22. Either they can try to argue the point of the superlaser at the expense of the EU, or they can argue the EU at the expense of the superlaser.
A catch-22 that depends on re-writing the official material is not really a Catch-22, Darkstar.
That having been said, there's no reason to presume that they will be convinced by anything.
Beautiful case of psychological projection, Darkstar. If WE'RE the ones who won't be convinced of anything, why is it that you and your SFJ cockgoblins are the ones who need to re-write the Death Star novel to make it fit with your "theories"?
- When faced with devastating facts in the canon debate, they withdrew into a virtually impenetrable groupthink, outright ignoring the facts and patting one another on the back for doing so.
If irony were gold, Darkstar could give Bill Gates a run for his money.
- When faced with devastating facts from the EU regarding troop numbers far smaller than their pulled-from-the-air quadrillions, they attacked and made threats against the author, who now seems to rather enjoy slipping in additional jabs in her continuing EU writings. Nowadays, the author's numbers are ignored despite their repetition in the EU.
Needing a number of troops far larger than real-life Earth nation is "pulled-from-thin-air". Even if we allow darkstar's retarded conclusions that the SW Empire is a similar size to Trek nations. Darkstar could write the trektard dictionary himself. He probably thinks the 2000 Romulan troops that were to be used to conquer Vulcan in 'Unification' was a realistic number.
- When initially faced with the Death Star novel, their claim was that this increased the Death Star's firepower and reactor power to unknowable levels, instead of decreasing it from their already-expanded values.
Right Darkstar, because "boost" obviously means "lower energy requirement". Oh, I'm sorry, I forget, I'm talking about someone who thinks he has the authority to change "boost" to "disappear", "shunt" or any of the other trektard versions of that quote over on SFJ.
The pro-Wars Vs. Debate subculture has seen its heyday, what with one of its members contributing to the EU a few years back, but with its assorted attacks on EU personnel they have served to isolate and marginalize themselves rather effectively, and as they continue to spout quadrillions in the face of everyday Star Wars EU readers who see millions, they will continue to be viewed as off their collective rocker . . . especially as their vitriol increases.
Everyday Star Wars EU reader: one of Darkstar's half-dozen cocksuckers at SFJ. Again, the irony is so thick you can cut it with a knife given Darkstar has only a handful of supporters and feels the need to post every last positive feedback he receives on his web page desperately trying to make it look like he has the popularity on his side.

Darktard doesn't just realize that appealing to the authority of teenagers, the same morons who swallowed the five-mile Executor bullshit isn't going to win ANY logical points.

Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is Darkstar's pathetic attempt to get the debate wound up again so his life will have meaning again.

Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

Darth Servo wrote:You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is Darkstar's pathetic attempt to get the debate wound up again so his life will have meaning again.
Are you biting?
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Darth Servo wrote:You know, I'm starting to wonder if this is Darkstar's pathetic attempt to get the debate wound up again so his life will have meaning again.
It's likely because he hasn't been able to stalk a woman for the past three years in shithole he lives in.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

It's interesting that he feels the need to give himself these little pep talks. He's his own cheerleader.

It kinds of reminds me of the old SNL skits with Stuart Smalley, where he would sit and look at himself in a mirror, and tell himself that "I'm ... OK!"
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I do love how he mined and twisted and contorted that DS Superlaser quote. Because you know if a ST weapon shunted matter temporarily into warp speeds, he'd be pulling out the 'Warp power scale' nonsense and showing this clearly massively increases the power requirements.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

It's really no different from any other kind of apologist. They're always finding ways to interpret unexpected developments in such a way as to pretend they predicted them.

He never made any predictions whatsoever about the Death Star launching half of Alderaan into hyperspace; he simply pretends after the fact that this line from the book is consistent with his "theory" (which is, of course, so conveniently vague that pink unicorns dancing on superlaser pulses would also be "consistent" with it).
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

Thanatos
Padawan Learner

Post by Thanatos »

Alexa Rankings:

Starfleetjedi.net has a traffic rank of: 8,613,908
St-v-sw.net has a traffic rank of: 2,335,263
Stardestroyer.net has a traffic rank of: 85,194
Spacebattles.com has a traffic rank of: 80,785

Everyone's really quaking in their boots over the power of SFJ and Darkstar's site! Why, if SFJ just climbs several million places, they might just be able to challenge the awesome power of the Ada County Accessors Office! Ada County Accessors Office!

Look upon their works ye mighty and despair!
Marine Corps Tankers Proud and True, Band of Brothers known by Few.
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

Thanatos wrote:Alexa Rankings:

Starfleetjedi.net has a traffic rank of: 8,613,908
St-v-sw.net has a traffic rank of: 2,335,263
Stardestroyer.net has a traffic rank of: 85,194
Spacebattles.com has a traffic rank of: 80,785

Everyone's really quaking in their boots over the power of SFJ and Darkstar's site! Why, if SFJ just climbs several million places, they might just be able to challenge the awesome power of the Ada County Accessors Office! Ada County Accessors Office!

Look upon their works ye mighty and despair!
And most of their rank is probably people from here going over there to make fun of them.

wjs7744
Padawan Learner

Post by wjs7744 »

Batman wrote:On a completely unrelated note that AH-64D in the OP picture is ill-equipped to attack what is obviously a large gathering of people. I'd think you'd want FFARs for that.
Maybe not that obviously, that represents DarkStar remember, he's probably ranting to an empty room.
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

After reading that screenful of bile spewed by Darkstar, I remembered this, which I believe may finally explain what he may be basing his theories around.

X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I just don't get it. I used to be what I think he claims is a "regular" viewer of Star Trek and Star Wars. Up until the point that I found Mike's site and this forum, other than the occasional "Star Trek sucks! No Star Wars sucks!" shouting match (OK, so one time I may have beat up the other guy. :oops: ) I never applied any kind of logical thinking to either one. It was all about just loving the movies and T.V. shows without any real thought, just pure excitement and enjoyment.

Once I did, it was PAINFULLY obvious who would win in the dreaded Ent-D VS Star Destroyer royal rumble, and right on down the line. (I do however refuse to believe that anyone in SW could take Kirk down. :wink: )

So, I just don't get it... All the info is right in front of you... plain as day. Whether you go by sheer numbers (An entire galaxy VS a quarter of a quarter of a galaxy), or "actual" numbers (The power output of the DS super laser which obliterates planets VS The power output of photon torpedoes which only blows holes in UNSHIELDED ships) or if you want to compare speed (The trip across the galaxy can be made by a smuggler in a "piece of junk" VS 70 years to get from quadrant to quadrant in the Federation's just off the shelf, hot shit speedster, U.S.S Voyager) or how about engineering (A fully operational 900 KILOMETER IN DIAMETER Death Star in about 3 year VS ONE 641 METER long Galaxy class star ship that took at least TWO years).

It is so fucking painfully obvious that SW wins...
GAH!!! I just don't FUCKING get it!!

P.S. The only thing ST seems to win in is cool bad guys (Khan, Tomalak, Gul Dukat, Weyoun, Iggy Pop, Lore VS Vader and Palpatine) and Kirk! :wink:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Kane Starkiller
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kane Starkiller »

Darkstar wrote:Meanwhile, we have argued since at least 2002 that the EU is not valid for the purpose of understanding the Star Wars universe of Lucas.
Emphasis mine.
Who is "we" Darkstar? :lol:
But if the forces of evil should rise again, to cast a shadow on the heart of the city.
Call me. -Batman