SD.net SSD

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

commander owen
Redshirt

SD.net SSD

Post by commander owen »

i know this copies spacebattles.com thread http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=122081 on this, but oh well

Q recently got very very very bored. So he transported all SD member to the Trek Galaxy. Each member recieves a personal Executor Class Super Star Destroyer. Its fully manned and everyone on there is fully loyal to you and only you. You have only 1 year supply of food.

what will you do/[/url]
if the covies were mormon
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hmm... Emperor Havok has a nice ring to it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Food wouldn't be a problem seeing as how anyone with a SSD could simply take it by force. :roll:
commander owen
Redshirt

Post by commander owen »

hey its better than four months worth in the original
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

commander owen wrote:hey its better than four months worth in the original
Q could snap his fingers and make all rations/foodstuffs disappear altogether. That still wouldn't change a thing.

The weirdest part of this scenario would be the sudden presence of over 3,000 SSD's in the ST universe.
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Mario1470 wrote:
commander owen wrote:hey its better than four months worth in the original
Q could snap his fingers and make all rations/foodstuffs disappear altogether. That still wouldn't change a thing.

The weirdest part of this scenario would be the sudden presence of over 3,000 SSD's in the ST universe.
Yeah, but over a thousand of them would just sit there and do nothing.

Also, shouldn't this belong in Star Wars?
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

chitoryu12 wrote:Also, shouldn't this belong in [Pure] Star Wars?
This is the right forum...there's a ST/SW crossover of sorts involved.
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Mario1470 wrote:
chitoryu12 wrote:Also, shouldn't this belong in [Pure] Star Wars?
This is the right forum...there's a ST/SW crossover of sorts involved.
Shit. You're right. I misread his post and missed the "Trek galaxy" part.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

I think I'd have to BDZ Risa just because I hate that fucking planet.
MagnusTheReD
Padawan Learner

Post by MagnusTheReD »

First, a question - where do we start? Do we show up in the same spot same time, or are we dispersed throughout the whole galaxy?

And since I'm the first one to voice it, I'm claiming the right to BDZ the planet Neelix' planet! 8)
The Ultimate Revenge of the Werewolves!!!

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area." -- Major Mike Shearer, UK military spokesman...
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I'd form an Alliance with my associates from the board and hunt down assholes like chittery12 and blow the living shite out of them. Then lunch.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

After escaping my destroyed ship in an escape pod, I wonder why Lord Pounder decided to enter the same space I was in and, for no particular reason, attack me.
AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

Bargaining for food is going to be slightly more difficult in an Executor rather than an Eclipse. Either way, I'll joyride around the galaxy until someone shoots at me, at which point I will find their world and demand tribute.
In memory of Halogen: 2003-2006
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

If every single member here got their own Executor, I'd do the following with mine:

1. Go directly to Borg space.
2. Destroy Borg homeworld & every last ship of theirs.
3. Make a deal with them - they either become my manufacturing base, or become a footnote in history.
3a. If they resist, I'll make sure lots of footage is taken of before and after. You know, for the ST equivalent of Discovery Channel or something.
3b. If they accept, I have them take the plans for some of the ship designs in my Executor's database, modify them, and begin large scale construction. I also setup a hypermatter containment and refining facility where appropriate, guarding it personally until enough ships are ready to do patrols.
4. I'd encourage my crew to fraternize. Often. Moar baebies = good, considering I'll need more personnel.
5. Once my powerbase was firmly established, I'd form alliances with a good number of other SD.N denizens I get along with, eventually a semi-democratic union of sorts that takes over the Milky Way, mostly through peaceful means.
6. Force the Borg to form their own Limited Liability Company under my directorship. (thank you, Sonnenburg)
7. It only gets weirder from here.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

AK-047 wrote:Bargaining for food is going to be slightly more difficult in an Executor rather than an Eclipse.
Why is that exactly?

Any way, I suspect that we would all just carve out a small spot in the galaxy and call it our own. Some of the more crabby members might try to take others out, but over all I think the general opinion would be to consolidate power and conqure the UNIVERSE!!
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

havokeff wrote:
AK-047 wrote:Bargaining for food is going to be slightly more difficult in an Executor rather than an Eclipse.
Why is that exactly?

Any way, I suspect that we would all just carve out a small spot in the galaxy and call it our own. Some of the more crabby members might try to take others out, but over all I think the general opinion would be to consolidate power and conqure the UNIVERSE!!
I just thought that not being able to slag a world in a second would give the opposition a false sense of hope, along with some defiance. But I agree that finding somewhere uninhabited to set roots would be a good idea.
commander owen
Redshirt

Post by commander owen »

i myself would take over a industrial planet. i would then begin to refit the ssd with railguns to suplement the turbolazers, add two railguns to each of AT-ATs creating make shift Mammoth MKIIs. i would then start the contruction of multiple missiles armmed with large anti-matter warheads and hyper-drive, making the first Inter-Galactic Balsitic Missiles or IGBMs for short. i then procede to decimate risa as an example, for all of those who wish to mess with me. i finaly rename the ssd the "Excalabur," or after some other sword.
TC Pilot
Jedi Council Member

Post by TC Pilot »

I'll sit back a few lightyears beyond the galaxy, wait for all of you to kill each other off, then swoop in and pick up the pieces.
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

AK-047 wrote:I just thought that not being able to slag a world in a second would give the opposition a false sense of hope, along with some defiance.
Actually, an Eclipse Class has a scaled down superlaser, giving it greater firepower than a SSD.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Is there some way I can take over the other 3000 or so SSD's? Ask my engineers to get to work on that.

If so, my plans include wide scale galactic conquest, as well as extra-galactic conquest.

Otherwise.

I call taking over the Federation.

Sure, there incompetent, but hey, Earth is still Earth, and at least I know there biologically compatiable with my crew.
AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

Mario1470 wrote:
AK-047 wrote:I just thought that not being able to slag a world in a second would give the opposition a false sense of hope, along with some defiance.
Actually, an Eclipse Class has a scaled down superlaser, giving it greater firepower than a SSD.
I thought that's what I was talking about :?
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

AK-047 wrote:
Mario1470 wrote:
I thought that's what I was talking about :?
I think you have them reversed. In either case, both ships can BDZ a planet into glass. Hell, I'd settle for the Tantive IV seeing as how SW tech is so ridiculously overpowered compared to ST.
CaptJodan
Jedi Council Member

Post by CaptJodan »

Since my faith in the rationality and even morality of some on the boards is suspect, I'd go Outbound Flight. Take the ship outside the galaxy and look for greener pastures to take without dealing with the internal squabbling. Space is still vast even with hyperdrive.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Shame your fueltanks aren't? Isn't the range on an Executor like 250k light years?
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I don't know about the Executor specifically but generally ICS ship ranges are DEFINITELY intragalactic. The good Captain will definitely need underway refueling.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'