38%
Abstain
31%

Total votes: 45

Spyder
Sith Marauder

[Vote] Rename 'The Mess' to 'Assholes'

Post by Spyder »

Chris OFarrell wrote:I second this movement! Someone start a vote thread!
Motion forwarded and seconded.
Last edited by Spyder on 2007-04-03 02:02am, edited 1 time in total.
:D
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Voted.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Voted!
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

You know, it really is in the Mess' best interests. In years to come when people come in and ask, "why are you guys called 'Assholes'?" you can say "Oh, it was hilarious! There was this April Fools joke we did back in '07..."

It'll be forever enshrined in your heritage. :D
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I voted, damn you people....
JADAFETWA
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Voted
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Voted, also notifications have been sent (as always tell me about duplications, mis-sent, etc, etc, yadda, yadda)
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I'm so confused.

So, so confused.

*Accidentally votes Buchanan*
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Voted
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

What's with the "Voted' but not saying what you voted? I voted no, because while I was fooled by the joke and I was outraged by the believed problems Ender had suffered, it WAS April Fool's day and it was a rather well-done joke, even if the subject matter might be questionable. I don't think calling them "assholes" is going to do anything.

If you want to get revenge, lets be a bit more creative?
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Of course the English translation of the poll title is 'Rename "The Mess" to "Assholes"'.

Spydernese adds and cuts out surplus the's and to's.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Connor MacLeod wrote:What's with the "Voted' but not saying what you voted?
Secret ballot :P
I voted no, because while I was fooled by the joke and I was outraged by the believed problems Ender had suffered, it WAS April Fool's day and it was a rather well-done joke, even if the subject matter might be questionable. I don't think calling them "assholes" is going to do anything.

If you want to get revenge, lets be a bit more creative?
The problem is that it WASN'T April Fool's Day. The only thing they did on that day is reveal the prank, everything else was done before. That's called "cheating."

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Voted Yes.

Its a relatively light punishment given that only Mess members will see it at any rate, but its IMO a good way to let them know that quite a number of people were not amused by an April Fools Day Joke that took place before April Fools Day.
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

Voted no. I can't help but to feel that all this flap is a bit silly, and that there's nothing to be gained by trying to stick it to the Mess. It's not as if they aren't aware that people have taken umbrage, or anything.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

fgalkin wrote:The problem is that it WASN'T April Fool's Day. The only thing they did on that day is reveal the prank, everything else was done before. That's called "cheating."

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
... And point being? I realize you think its cheating, but if we're going to drag opinion into it, it DOES seem Mike gave his blessing to it, and that probably counts far more in the long run.

I think they explained why it carried on as long as it did, and it was part of the overall impact, even if it has seemed to backfire on them somewhat. How exactly is that "cheating?" Is there some written rule that states "All April's Fool's Jokes must be confined TO April's Fools Day alone?"

Again, lashing out at the Mess simply out of anger seems like a bad idea to me, and judging by the other thread its already proving my point.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

It's not a punishment, I personally find the term endeering.

I would also like to point out that given that "No" is failing to reach the neccessary 60% for the motion not to rename The Mess to pass.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

*eyedart*

I think it's funny, personally.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

I voted "Abstain". What a load of shit. If this were anyone else, we'd call this an ass-covering to make the whole DADT seem to be all a big joke in order to defuse an embarrassing moment for the Mess.

"Hah! This was just a test!" :roll: Anyone remember when we used to flame newbies for pulling shit like this when they were smacked down?

This senator is pouring wine in his soup bowl.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I've voted. I think it's funny to rename them "Assholes", and anyway,
  1. It's not like this is a binding resolution; I doubt the administration will carry through, even in the unlikely chance it carries; and
  2. Even if it did, I don't think they'd be offended.
Of course, I could stand to be corrected on both accounts.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

I abstain. I saw it comeing so it was a 'meh' event to me.

*slaps Spyder* Assholes?!?! Its Arseholes, your not a bloody American!
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

This is a frivolous act of revenge and I refuse to take part in it.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Abstained, as I'm pretty sure this idea is going far beyond the powers alotted to the Senate.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

I still hate April first.
Chuck

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

If you really want to punish the Mess, I would first off, consider making it your personal policy of simply voting against their elevation them to the senate until next year. I would recommend some explusions, too, but there doesn't seem to be any procedure for that.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I abstain, this is pointless.

I don't care for what they did, and how some things were handled, but I am not going to have them labeled because of such. Assholes? Do you know in everyone's long record how many of us would easily achieve this?
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete