The Refuge from Political Correctness mk II

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

The Refuge from Political Correctness mk II

Post by Colonel Olrik »

New, more moderator friendly thread.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Does that mean the moderators will be more friendly? :)
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Stofsk wrote:Does that mean the moderators will be more friendly? :)
No, it doesn't, bitch, now get back to humping kangaroos! :D

To start the whining off... God how I loathe the 'special treatment' islam gets from authority figures and the politically correct in this country. Clearly, terrorism does work, at least in making people sit up and pay your group respect and attention.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

NecronLord wrote:
Stofsk wrote:Does that mean the moderators will be more friendly? :)
No, it doesn't, bitch, now get back to humping kangaroos! :D

To start the whining off... God how I loathe the 'special treatment' islam gets from authority figures and the politically correct in this country. Clearly, terrorism does work, at least in making people sit up and pay your group respect and attention.
Agreed, where the hells did it come from though? I sure as hell can't remember the Muslims in this country whining so much pre-2000. Why the fuck can't they accept the fact the national past time of this country is to insult anyone and everyone in positions of power or religion?
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I think they've realised how easy it is to get the establishment gnashing their nails and wetting themselves at the prospect of a slightly angry muslim. A few good riots and burnings in effigy, and they can get pretty much anything.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

You know, the world is really insane when motherfucking Israel has better press standards then The U.S of Liberty and Freedom in America.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

Is it just me, or are Chinese people somehow more susceptible to blind fundie-ism?
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

Why do my fellow youths decide its a good idea to make holloween destroy property night, I propose making all homeowners be trained in fire arms like BBs or paintball weapons to show them that property is sacred
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

How about we rename "genocide" as “demograph sterilisation”?
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Big Orange wrote:How about we rename "genocide" as “demograph sterilisation”?
ethnic paradigm shift.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Well tomarrow's Guy Fawkes day, any suggestions on things to burn?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

I think its quite funny that most Americans don't realise the whole point behind the 5th is burning the effgies of Catholics.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

They do Dartzap. Most of AMerikkka is hating the cathloics. they shot our only cathloic President and they declare us infidels and papists. On topic. Silly nergroes, You don't kill each other over garbage like drugs and women.
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

The Yosemite Bear

Redleader34 wrote:They do Dartzap. Most of AMerikkka is hating the cathloics. they shot our only cathloic President and they declare us infidels and papists. On topic. Silly nergroes, You don't kill each other over garbage like drugs and women.
Actually some of us are half jewish/ half catholic and also observe Tet, and druid holidays because it's an excuses to make bon fires and play with fireworks, :twisted: (sorry I have my pyromania under control, I only burn things in controled enviornments.)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:
Redleader34 wrote:They do Dartzap. Most of AMerikkka is hating the cathloics. they shot our only cathloic President and they declare us infidels and papists. On topic. Silly nergroes, You don't kill each other over garbage like drugs and women.
Actually some of us are half jewish/ half catholic and also observe Tet, and druid holidays because it's an excuses to make bon fires and play with fireworks, :twisted: (sorry I have my pyromania under control, I only burn things in controled enviornments.)
Maybe we should start an Official SDN Pyro Club or somesuch... :lol:
Image Image
The Yosemite Bear

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:
Fire?
FIRE!!!!

Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

redleader32 wrote:they shot our only cathloic President...
And a fair number of non-Catholic presidents besides: Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, T. Roosevelt, Reagan. And that's saying nothing about the ones who escaped assassination without taking a bullet.

If there's one point on which a 'US hates Catholics' diatribe can't turn, it's JFK's assassination.
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

Great scott, I got Redleader's name wrong. A pox upon me for not paying attention.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Simplicius wrote:Great scott, I got Redleader's name wrong. A pox upon me for not paying attention.
Eh, who cares? :lol:
Image Image
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Some arguments "in favor" of parental notification. Remember, each of these cost the person $500:
Argument in Favor

THE BIBLE SAYS

God created Adam "and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul" (Genesis 2:7).

God says, "I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live" (Ezekiel 37:5).

"The breath of the Almighty hath given me life" (Job 33:4).

LIFE IS SACRED!

Throughout the Bible, the presence of soul in the body coincides with breath (Isaiah 42:5; Ezekiel 37:5; Job 12:10; Job 27:3). "He giveth to all life, and breath" (Acts 17:25).

THE SOUL ENTERS THE BODY AT BIRTH
WITH BABY'S FIRST BREATH.

And when "thou takest away their breath, they die" (Psalms 104:29). At death, God will "gather unto himself [mankind's] spirit and his breath" (Job 34:14).

Everywhere the Bible is clear that the soul enters the body at birth, coinciding with breath.

And nowhere does the Bible condemn abortion!

Life is sacred. But obviously a baby is not a distinct entity separate from its mother until it is born--when God gives it the breath of life and it becomes a living soul.

Abortion does not "kill" a soul--religious guilt-tripping notwithstanding. And even if the soul did enter the body before birth and breath, what kind of God would let "pre-born" souls be "killed" and not give them another chance at life? The "prolifers" have a really sick theology!

But the soulless fetus resembles a human! Well, so does a corpse. Actually, in its early developmental stages, the fetus resembles a fish and then a mammal. There's a car tunnel with exhaust markings that resemble the Virgin Mary. Do resemblances have souls? Shall we worship images? Idols of ourselves!

This argument began in favor, but having examined the biblical evidence, now we're forced to come to this conclusion:

RESPECT THE BIBLE!

And protect our teen daughters
from fundamentalist stupidity!

VOTE NO ON 43!

(This information furnished by M. Dennis Moore, Special Righteousness Committee.)
Argument in Favor

LIFE IS SACRED!

At the moment of fertilization, cells begin to divide and multiply. Every cell contains our DNA-- three billion pieces of genetic information. Every cell is sacred!

The 80 trillion cells in our body are dividing and multiplying all the time. And tragically, some cells die and are replaced. Why, God kills off several hundred billion of your red blood cells every day! But "Thou shalt not kill." Only God may kill your cells.

Every cell is sacred--sperm, egg, embryo, fetus, heart, hair, fingernail. Jesus said, "Even the hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:30). Every cell is God's holy creation.

Although the Bible clearly indicates that the cells of the fetus have no soul separate from its mother (see previous argument), abortion nonetheless murders precious living cells.

According to Leviticus, a menstruating woman is unclean. She has wasted an unborn egg that could become a human life. The law should required parental notification of impending unborn uncleanliness.

Every act of masturbation kills up to 500 million unborn lives. Every sperm is sacred! Just like abortion, masturbation murders soulless cells. There should be parental notification prior to masturbation.

According to the Bible, beard shaving (Leviticus 19:27) is every bit as immoral as homosexuality! Just like abortion scrapes away life in the uterus, shaving violently scrapes away and murders millions of living skin cells. Barbershops should be required to give parental notification before committing shaving sin.

Did you know that slaughtering a sacred appendix causes it to feel pain?

The Bible says that children who fail to honor their parents should be stoned to death (Exodus 21:17). Implementing biblical law as Oregon public policy could effectively eliminate teenage abortion, appendectomy, shaving, and sperm-murder.

Every cell is sacred. Every cell--from soulless fetus to fingernail--is a precious life that must not be killed.

VOTE YES TO STOP THE SLAUGHTER
OF THE
HOLY HANGNAILS!

(This information furnished by M. Dennis Moore, Traditional Prejudices Coalition.)
Argument in Favor

MORALITY SHOULD BE PUBLIC POLICY

My friends, common sense dictates that morality should be enforced by legislation. But not just anybody's "morality." Our religion is right, and our morality is the only morality. Therefore, our beliefs should be law--anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-freedom. It is our sacred duty to interfere in other people's lives. Jesus' commandment to not judge others isn't for us!

AGREE WITH US OR BURN IN HELL!

This measure forces teenagers to bear the children of rapists and molesters, and a proposed 2008 initiative would ban all abortions with no exception to save the life of the mother! There can be no honest disagreement; you are simply wrong!

We've already prohibited religious freedom for gays to marry. And if you believe that the soul doesn't enter the body until birth (see my first argument), we will prohibit you from practicing your religious values.

RELIGIOUS FREEDOM IS LIBERTY FOR IMMORALITY!

Measure 43 further develops democratic dogma for, essentially, the official state religion, another Oregon innovation:

State beaches, the bottle bill, land-use planning, and now
THE OREGON DOGMA!

Behold! Electoral theology prepares the way for a state god! We've got the beaver for a state animal. Wouldn't it be cool to elect our very own Oregon state god?

VOTE YES FOR THE OREGON RELIGION!

www.oregondogma.org

Postscript: They'll scream that these arguments are "deceptive." Rather than address the issues, they'll attack the satiric "in favor" placement, proving that they have no defense against the truth of their demagoguery. God doesn't care what page the truth is spoken on.

Jesus didn't mince any words ridiculing the hypocrisy of the religious-right scribes and Pharisees of his day. And when faced with the obnoxious modern-day Pharisees, I think the example of Jesus is a good one to follow!

Certainly they're right to want healthy families--but this measure is sadly misguided. Healthy families are founded on love, not legislation.

(This information furnished by M. Dennis Moore, Traditional Prejudices Coalition.)
:lol:
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

From the 'Online Border Patrol' thread:
Mr Bean wrote:Without remote control mini guns tied to the camera controls there going to be no interest in this.
"Shoot a dirty foreigner and win a free iPod!"
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:
Hello... I'm LadyTevar, and I'm a Pyro.

Which is why I spent Saturday night out in the cold cheering as the local SCA set fire to our Wickerman. He was all straw and bricks, with an iron helmet for a head and a blue fabric kilt, nearly 20ft tall. And after only one can of gasoline, he burnt beautifully in the darkness, with the gibbous moon shining down from the cloudless sky. And we talked of old friends, of 'there we were' stories, and of hopes for the future as we waited for the Wickerman to fall, the iron helmet hitting the ground with a thud.

Next year, he'll be bigger. And we'll have little stuffed penguins (Barony Joke) to throw into the fire, with our wishes for the coming year written thereon.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

The SCA using gasoline? Naughty, naughty. :lol: Should have used pitch, at the very most. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Rogue 9 wrote:The SCA using gasoline? Naughty, naughty. :lol: Should have used pitch, at the very most. :wink:
We tried to find Greek Fire, but they were all out :-P
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Wouldn't kerosene be a little safer?

It might give it a bit more of that "olde tymey" smell too? :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.