Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Jason von Evil wrote:I'm convinced that eventually this fic will grow to a point that its mass will begin to warp the very fabric of reality.
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 100 chapters, you're gonna see some serious s*%@!." :twisted:

Very nice, Stravo. Keep it up!
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Due to the size of this thread we've decided to close it down because of fears it will one day simply unravel or explode should something untowards happen. I am going to keep it open for the duration of the weekend for any other comments directed to the last chapter and then I will be locking this thread down and starting a new one with a link to this thread if anyone wants to look at the old stuff.

Sorry for any inconvenience its absence may have caused. Now get in your last comments before the almighty lock.

And once again thank you from the bottom of this author's heart for all your support and kind words over the years.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Cliffhangers! :cry:

Kirk'll be fine, once an stray blast narrowly tears his shirt.
He sure as hell will not be fine. Guy's getting captured next chapter, I'd bet anything on that. Stravo didn't have Q remind Kirk about the two paths for nothing, I'm sure.

Not quite as uber as the last chapter, but we can't have Luke and Vader be center stage for the entire fic, after all. :)
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Stravo wrote:Due to the size of this thread we've decided to close it down because of fears it will one day simply unravel or explode should something untowards happen. I am going to keep it open for the duration of the weekend for any other comments directed to the last chapter and then I will be locking this thread down and starting a new one with a link to this thread if anyone wants to look at the old stuff.

Sorry for any inconvenience its absence may have caused. Now get in your last comments before the almighty lock.

And once again thank you from the bottom of this author's heart for all your support and kind words over the years.
Shouldn't it stay open until Monday the 17th, to make it an even four years that this thread has been active?
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:
Stravo wrote:Due to the size of this thread we've decided to close it down because of fears it will one day simply unravel or explode should something untowards happen. I am going to keep it open for the duration of the weekend for any other comments directed to the last chapter and then I will be locking this thread down and starting a new one with a link to this thread if anyone wants to look at the old stuff.

Shouldn't it stay open until Monday the 17th, to make it an even four years that this thread has been active?
Makes sense to me. And has it really been that long? Wow.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

*Looks at his first post back on page one*

Ah, I was younger then.

Who'd like to know the riddle of steel?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

NecronLord wrote:*Looks at his first post back on page one*

Ah, I was younger then.
You said it. I mean wow, I didn't capitalize the word "I" and I even wrote "prolly" *shudders*.

May the blood of Redshirts actually be meaningful instead of...well you know.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Yup, Kirk's getting tortured by chapter 100. And he'll be meeting himself again, I guess.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

I say keep this one open. I wanna see reality warp, dammit! :P
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I saw activity in this thread and thought "Ah, they're still talking about the latest chapter. Then I noticed that the last page was a bit long to just be commentary.

You really churned that one out fast. I liked it quite a bit. I love what you've done with Riker, turning him into an actually good character that actually is the tactically sound man he's made out to be.

I also loved Kirk and Q talking, as always entertaining. You have really worked out Q since the very beginning and worked out all the kinks.

“Crew of the Starship Enterprise.” Kirk began looking around at his assembled bridge crew. “Loyal officers and men of Starfleet, valiant citizens of the Federation.” Kirk shouted over the sound of the burning ceiling. “Prepare to defend yourselves!”
Rome: Total War quote?
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

I think it might be a tribute to We Were Soldiers, when SarMaj Plumey pulls out his Forty-five and says "Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselfs."
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Agent Fisher wrote:I think it might be a tribute to We Were Soldiers, when SarMaj Plumey pulls out his Forty-five and says "Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselfs."
Bingo

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

On Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:09 pm Starcrossed was first posted.

On Mon Jul 17, 2006 at or around 4:00PM the longest running thread in SD.Net's existance will be locked for good and enter into the historybooks of this board.

Never to be surpassed agian.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Lex
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lex »

eeek
in that case I got to comment as well :P
but actually everything has been said... great fanfic, I hope it keeps going forever ;=)
As long there is gravity, ride on...
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

And it seemed this story was going to finish in just a few more chapters too.

If only this story could be published under infinities.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

And so ends an era.

I only wish I had been in on this from the begining.

Still, we're almost to the end....
Mr. Sinister
Padawan Learner

Post by Mr. Sinister »

This is truely the greatest story that will never be published. Stravo, let me say that you have crafted a wonderful story that I have been following since it first started. As an aspiring writer, you've been somewhat of an inspiration to me, and your writing style is on I hope to emulate(or rip off, which ever you prefer :) ).

Congratulations, and may you one day write something I can find in the bookstore.
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

This has been an awesome experience for me. If anyone reads the first post they can see how nervous I was. I had been writing for my own edification for years. I have notebooks full of longhand written stories of Star Trek and the further adventures of Captain Kirk written back in High School. I also have the same for Star Wars - My first attempt was writing a series of stories post ROTJ where I had such things as a Wedge-Han-Leia triangle. Luke wielding force powers none too impressive when you take into account the EU, even then I was a movie purist at heart. Threepio turning evil thanks to a computer virus and the return of Boba Fett before it became fashionable. These were fanfics before I knew what a fanfic was or that it even existed. I thought I was 'weird' for choosing to write in someone else's universe.

But this story has been a pleasure and a joy to write so far. Its been painful too, writers' block which I suffered through several times with this tale plagued me, not having enough time for myself to write is a constant battle. But I always wanted to maintain story quality and integerity. I never wanted my audience to feel cheated or insulted because I know what that feels like when I'm into a story and suddenly it goes south due to writer's fiat, deux ex machina or just bad writing. I never wanted anyone to think Starcrossed jumped the shark. Hopefully it has not in many of your eyes.

Who can forget such infamous episodes as Mike Wong, Mister Bean and Master of Ossus making it into Starcrossed only to become the Holiday Epsiode of Starcrossed for many?

Thanks again for your continued support and devotion to this story. It makes it worthwhile everytime you guys post in these threads because it says you spent some of your time reading my work and you were entertained. A writer can't ask for more than that.

Anyway, I will endeavor to keep up the quality and entertainment for the fans. Buckle your seatbelts folks because its going to be one helluva ride from here on in.

The Federation Lives.