SDN Weight Watchers, Thread the Second

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-09 05:48pm

Just finished my workout for today and man do I ever feel awesome!! I also found a great cd to listen to while doing it!!! So I'm all motivated even more to get on everyday!! Awesomeness! Now hopefully we can see a positive change in my sig bar soon ;)

User avatar
theski
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4327
Joined: 2003-01-28 03:20pm
Location: Hurricane Watching

Postby theski » 2006-04-10 08:35am

Mrs Kendall wrote:Ok, well there should be many links to many different stretches in the google results I linked to. If not, sorry I didn't help ya.

Myself, I don't do any stretching other than stretching over my exercise ball for my back health, but I only do it because I have degenerative disc disease, and I don't even do it as often as I should :oops:

So I'm not really one to ask. That's why I'll leave it at this and let others answer you ;)


If you are Treading.. you gotta stretch.. Calves. Hams.. and quads.. Very important.. 8)
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.

User avatar
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee
Posts: 2800
Joined: 2002-07-03 06:07pm

Postby Ubiquitous » 2006-04-10 10:24am

Man, gym was so much easier today after pigging out on food over the weekend. I was lifting more and running more easierly than usual. Now that I have lost pretty much all the weight I wanted to it might be time to turn my attention to eating more food again to help me lift more and get built.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.

User avatar
theski
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4327
Joined: 2003-01-28 03:20pm
Location: Hurricane Watching

Postby theski » 2006-04-10 10:39am

Ubiquitous wrote:Man, gym was so much easier today after pigging out on food over the weekend. I was lifting more and running more easierly than usual. Now that I have lost pretty much all the weight I wanted to it might be time to turn my attention to eating more food again to help me lift more and get built.



Its not how much you it .. its WHAT YOU EAT..
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-10 11:59am

theski wrote:
Mrs Kendall wrote:Ok, well there should be many links to many different stretches in the google results I linked to. If not, sorry I didn't help ya.

Myself, I don't do any stretching other than stretching over my exercise ball for my back health, but I only do it because I have degenerative disc disease, and I don't even do it as often as I should :oops:

So I'm not really one to ask. That's why I'll leave it at this and let others answer you ;)


If you are Treading.. you gotta stretch.. Calves. Hams.. and quads.. Very important.. 8)


Ok maybe I will, but I don't walk that fast or that hard and I'm never sore afterwards.

User avatar
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee
Posts: 2800
Joined: 2002-07-03 06:07pm

Postby Ubiquitous » 2006-04-10 01:02pm

theski wrote:
Ubiquitous wrote:Man, gym was so much easier today after pigging out on food over the weekend. I was lifting more and running more easierly than usual. Now that I have lost pretty much all the weight I wanted to it might be time to turn my attention to eating more food again to help me lift more and get built.



Its not how much you it .. its WHAT YOU EAT..
That's the thing - I eat shit all weekend. Pizza, curry, cookies, shortcake - you name it. I do this every saturday as a reward for being good the rest of the week.

I don't know - maybe I just had a good day which made my performance better. Time will tell!
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.

User avatar
theski
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4327
Joined: 2003-01-28 03:20pm
Location: Hurricane Watching

Postby theski » 2006-04-10 01:07pm

Mrs Kendall wrote:
theski wrote:
Mrs Kendall wrote:Ok, well there should be many links to many different stretches in the google results I linked to. If not, sorry I didn't help ya.

Myself, I don't do any stretching other than stretching over my exercise ball for my back health, but I only do it because I have degenerative disc disease, and I don't even do it as often as I should :oops:

So I'm not really one to ask. That's why I'll leave it at this and let others answer you ;)


If you are Treading.. you gotta stretch.. Calves. Hams.. and quads.. Very important.. 8)


Ok maybe I will, but I don't walk that fast or that hard and I'm never sore afterwards.


Mrs K.. you need at least 25 mins of Cardio. 3 times a week. that means getting your heart rate into the 80% zone and keeping it there for 25mins.. and to help with fat buring have your workout in the morning if you can.
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-11 05:09pm

Thanks for the advice theski, I'm trying to get on in the morning but it doesn't always happen that way, you know with two small kids it's kinda hard to stay on a regular exercise schedule, but I do try, I won't exercise after 4pm if I can help it ;) But if I don't have time before then I will not miss a day, so far I haven't had to do it past 5pm though ;)

I'm doing an hour of walking at 2 and 3 speed, I start at 1.0 mph and slowly work up to 2.0 then 3.0 but never go above 3.0 for now. I warm up and warm down by walking slowly at first and then ending it with a slow walk as well. I never get sore and the tingly feeling in my legs tells me I'm doing it right ;) I think I'm doing alright, if you know any better please let me know :) I generally walk at 3.0mph for about a half hour and then like I said slowly work down to 1.0mph.
I've yet to check my heart rate recommendation for my height and weight and age but I do plan to do that soon ;)

Unfortunatly, I have gotten the 24 hour flu bug (as of lastnight) so I can't exercise today and I don't think I'll be able to do it for the next few days while I recover. Hopefully I can keep the motivation when I start to feel better. I think I'll be alright cuz I'm missing it today :( I wish I had the energy to just walk at least for a litte bit but I'm getting dizzy right now just sitting at the computer instead of lying down on the couch.

User avatar
theski
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4327
Joined: 2003-01-28 03:20pm
Location: Hurricane Watching

Postby theski » 2006-04-11 06:07pm

Anytime.. As a former personal trainer. who at 40 is trying to get back to college shape after being away from it for 4 years I know your pain.

My goal is -50 pounds.. and getting my strength and shape back. The weight room stuff comes easy for me, but the cardio and fat burning is a bitch.. I was never any goood at it.. I hate to diet, but I am trying and increaseing my execise is helping 9 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks..
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-11 09:14pm

Image
Good job on that!! Now I know who to come to for questions I may have ;) Thanks again :)

User avatar
theski
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4327
Joined: 2003-01-28 03:20pm
Location: Hurricane Watching

Postby theski » 2006-04-11 09:26pm

Mrs Kendall wrote:Image
Good job on that!! Now I know who to come to for questions I may have ;) Thanks again :)


Christ.. its 920 and I gotta be up at 5... God I hate morning workouts..

and Just never mind the rant.. and Ask anytime you need to.. 8)
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-12 09:41am

Image thanks again!!

User avatar
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish
Posts: 9149
Joined: 2002-07-07 12:01am
Location: Beneath the Deepest Sea

Postby Guardsman Bass » 2006-04-13 05:08pm

I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by joining in, now.

I'm on the Weight Watchers program, having started four days ago and going strong. Right now, I'm at 5'9", 250lbs, so I have a lot of ground to cover, although I have no idea how my weight is ultimately going to turn out (I've been doing significant weight training with my aerobic exercise).

The WW program worked in the past; when I was 16, I went from 184 to 169, before spending a week at my uncle's hotel in the wilderness with nothing to eat but restaurant food ruined me. I'm just hoping I can pull it off again; I'd like to avoid having to buy any bigger clothes.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard


"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-13 08:29pm

Good luck! I'm on Weight Watchers as well!
Just came back from my weekly meeting and I lost another 5 pounds this week!! 13 in total since I started!! See my sig bar ;)
You are certainly not doing anything wrong by joining now. Like I said god luck!!

Weight Wathers is obviously working for me :teeth:
Image
Image

User avatar
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish
Posts: 9149
Joined: 2002-07-07 12:01am
Location: Beneath the Deepest Sea

Postby Guardsman Bass » 2006-04-13 10:14pm

Today was an okay day. I don't know the calorie value on these foods, but I do know the points. For the non-weight watchers, my daily limit (unless I exercise or use flex points) is 28. Here goes:

Breakfast: Pretty light, because this was before my early morning workout.

2 Rice Cakes = 1 Pt (Ttl: 27)

Workout:
40 mins heavy weight lifting (counted as moderate exercise)
20 mins alternative fast walk/run to music (counted as moderate)
30 mins elliptical machine w/ high resistance (counted as high)
= -11 Pts (Ttl: 38)

lunch. Big lunch
Turkey Sandwich (I counted 7; may be lower)= 7
tiny leftover pizza slice=2.5
apple=1
1 ricecake= .5
7 lays pringle imitation chips= 2
2 whole grain fig newtons = 2
1 Propel water= 1
=16 (Ttl=22)

Snack: Apple=1 (Ttl=21)

dinner. Tough. My dad visits on thursdays, and he's a bit of a junk food addict; he ordered chinese.
1 cup white rice=5
1 cup Sweet N' Sour Chix=10
1 cup veggie lo mein= 7
1 fortune cookie= 2
Flex points (drawn from a weekly bank of 35)= -3
=21 (Ttl=0)

Well, I finally had to use some flex points (I was hoping to go the entire week without them, and without using all of the points earned from exercise. I'll have to give my brother a reminder to not let my dad buy junk food next time he visits).
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard


"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood

User avatar
theski
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4327
Joined: 2003-01-28 03:20pm
Location: Hurricane Watching

Postby theski » 2006-04-14 07:52am

nice meal plan.... and WOOOOOOOOO nice job Mrs K. 8) 8)

I am down 10.. in 3 weeks.. 40 to go...

This morning.. 30mins Cardio and 40 heavy weights from 6 am to 720..

Now a Myoplex shake and out for a walk with my Beagle...
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.

User avatar
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee
Posts: 2800
Joined: 2002-07-03 06:07pm

Postby Ubiquitous » 2006-04-14 11:02am

Damm, I came home yesterday to find two easter eggs waiting for me! Suffice to say, I was unable to resist. :shock:
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-14 12:27pm

Thanks TheSki :) I feel so awesome about myself now :)

User avatar
J
Snuggly Swimmer Babe
Posts: 5615
Joined: 2002-12-14 02:23pm
Location: YHM

Postby J » 2006-04-14 01:28pm

Ubiquitous wrote:Damm, I came home yesterday to find two easter eggs waiting for me! Suffice to say, I was unable to resist. :shock:


They're only easter eggs, run around the block a couple times and you'll have it all burned off.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects


I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins


When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-14 01:32pm

Actually, I learned in WW that to work off 2 chocolate chip cookies it takes 45 mins of walking!

Edit: My point being it depends on the size of those easter eggs but it could potentially take a lot longer to burn them off. But it is possible and Ubiquitous you need to think of it in a way that won't make you give up cause you simply ate a few eggs :) You'll get better at resisting as you continue on in your diet and eating healthily.

User avatar
theski
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4327
Joined: 2003-01-28 03:20pm
Location: Hurricane Watching

Postby theski » 2006-04-14 02:02pm

Mrs Kendall wrote:Actually, I learned in WW that to work off 2 chocolate chip cookies it takes 45 mins of walking!

Edit: My point being it depends on the size of those easter eggs but it could potentially take a lot longer to burn them off. But it is possible and Ubiquitous you need to think of it in a way that won't make you give up cause you simply ate a few eggs :) You'll get better at resisting as you continue on in your diet and eating healthily.


He is also younger then us MrsK.. which means a faster Metabolism.

and you should feel good .. ITS WORKING :D
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-14 02:24pm

Yes I know he's younger, I just felt I should mention that in case his metabolism is not as fast as we all think it is. I just didn't want him to get all discouraged when he wasn't seeing results from running around the block a few times. I just felt I should mention it may take a little longer for him just in case, you know ;)

And thanks :) I do feel great cuz it's working :)

User avatar
theski
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4327
Joined: 2003-01-28 03:20pm
Location: Hurricane Watching

Postby theski » 2006-04-17 09:42am

Mrs Kendall wrote:Yes I know he's younger, I just felt I should mention that in case his metabolism is not as fast as we all think it is. I just didn't want him to get all discouraged when he wasn't seeing results from running around the block a few times. I just felt I should mention it may take a little longer for him just in case, you know ;)

And thanks :) I do feel great cuz it's working :)



Monday morning weigh in People...

DOWN 11 woooooooo 8)
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-17 09:54am

Sorry TheSki, I weigh in on Thursday evenings when my WW meetings are ;)
You'll have to wait until then to find out how well I've done over Easter ;)

Good job on your 11! Lbs is it? Good job!!

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2004-07-19 11:20am

Postby Mrs Kendall » 2006-04-20 08:27pm

Well I'm gonna be completely honest here this time.. This week my weight went up 3 lbs but through no fault of my own. See.. it's that time of the month so it simply the stupid water weight gain crap that we women have to deal with once a month.

I'm sure I'll see much better results on the scale next thursday. Wish me success :teeth:

I know it's through no fault of my own cause I was very careful about what I put in my mouth and I exercised (walking on my treadmill) every single day for an hour or more. I was very strict with myself this week, no extra easter chocolates or anything like that. Oh the joys of being a woman :mad: Grrrr...


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beowulf and 3 guests