They want to delete us again

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Admiral Bravo
Padawan Learner

Post by Admiral Bravo »

Jeez, what a bunch of crybabies and assholes.
"Just once I'd like to destroy a starship that we did'nt pay for!"- Imperial Admiral Hurkk at the Battle of Oovo IV

"Whats the last thing to go through an Imperial scout troopers head when he hits a tree? His afterburner."- joke told by rebel forces on Endor.

Jay
Padawan Learner

Post by Jay »

[quote]Maybe the best way for us to fight back here is to improve our article? More on the history of SD.net and the characters here would certainly make it a more worthwhile article as opposed to the current very basic one.
[quote]

That's exactly what I had in mind. I didn't know that there was a better article before. Damn them.
...and knowing is half the battle
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Hey Castaldo, how about you register here and then we can debate the merits of whether the SDnet entry should be deleted. Stop sniping at us from afar like a coward.
Image Image
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

How is it that Spacebattles gets an entry, TrekBBS gets an entry, but somehow SDN doesn't deserve one?

I registered and made a statement as such.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Here's a comment to add to the people wanting to delete it:

VGCats and 8-bit Theater have their own articles. JibJab and Neurotically Yours each has an article. Homestar Runner has multiple articles, as does Weebl. These obviously advertise the sites in question. So VGCats and 8-bit Theater can have their information condensed into the already existing Webcomic article and then deleted. JibJab, Neurotically Yours, Homestar, and Weebl can all be condensed into a single Macromedia Flash Cartoon article and deleted.
General Brock
Jedi Council Member

Post by General Brock »

?? How do I vote? I don't get the criticism either.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

General Brock wrote:?? How do I vote? I don't get the criticism either.
You register, then add your vote to the VfD page like so:

Code: Select all

* Castaldo, you're a fucktard.  '''Keep.'''  ~~~~
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Someone mention that the forums of Something Awful have a massive article devoted solely to them and their forum culture.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Already done, HG.

LOL! Even someone we banned voted 'strong keep' for us!

Surlethe, that would be nice, but we need to keep in mind that a lot of these dumbasses think that cursing somehow invalidates arguments. :roll:
Image Image
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Erm, aren't you guys providing ammunition for accusations of vote garnering?

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Surlethe, that would be nice, but we need to keep in mind that a lot of these dumbasses think that cursing somehow invalidates arguments. :roll:
Eh, I know. I was being slightly facetious; plus, I was aware he was monitoring this thread, so I thought I'd put in a little message for him.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
General Brock
Jedi Council Member

Post by General Brock »

Surlethe wrote:
General Brock wrote:?? How do I vote? I don't get the criticism either.
You register, then add your vote to the VfD page like so:

Code: Select all

* Castaldo, you're a fucktard.  '''Keep.'''  ~~~~
Thanks!
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Pu-239 wrote:Erm, aren't you guys providing ammunition for accusations of vote garnering?
I'll bet the same thing would happen if someone tryed putting a VFD on Something Awful...
Image Image
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Pu-239 wrote:Erm, aren't you guys providing ammunition for accusations of vote garnering?
I'll bet the same thing would happen if someone tryed putting a VFD on Something Awful...
That would be hilarious: Castaldo would get ripped apart. He had fucking better VFD SA.
F. Douglass
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Surlethe wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
That would be hilarious: Castaldo would get ripped apart. He had fucking better VFD SA.
He won't. He's too busy getting assraped by Alyeska...

Other than that, it appears the VFD discussion has stagnated. I still want ComCat banned.
Image Image
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Surlethe wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote: I'll bet the same thing would happen if someone tryed putting a VFD on Something Awful...

Other than that, it appears the VFD discussion has stagnated. I still want ComCat banned.
What did ComCat do? All I see is "NN, D" -ComCat.

Otherwise, yes, Alyeska is doing well where I left off last night :wink: .
F. Douglass
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Surlethe wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Surlethe wrote: That would be hilarious: Castaldo would get ripped apart. He had fucking better VFD SA.

Put us up on VDF in the first place is what ComCat did.
Image Image
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Surlethe wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote: He won't. He's too busy getting assraped by Alyeska...

Put us up on VDF in the first place is what ComCat did.
Ahhhh. I see now.
F. Douglass
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Mike (not our Mike) just won't give up.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Alyeska wrote:Mike (not our Mike) just won't give up.
*makes strangled sound* I know! And he claims to have a fucking science degree! Does he not get the whole fucking point of the scientific method?
F. Douglass
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Idiot Mike: You can't compare ST and SW like Wong does, they are two different universes.

Me: Yes you can, using science. Without a common base of reference, debate and comparison is impossible. Science allows this.

Idiot Mike: You cant use science!

Me: Your attacking the fundamentals of the debate now and declaring yourself a superior authority.

Idiot Mike: No I'm not, and I'm still right!
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Idiot Mike: There's nothing good about the site. They insult me!

Me (bringing up new information): Yes; there's unique educational content, entertainment content, and reams of information pertinent to the vs. debate. By the way, cut out with the perceived ad hominems and style over substance fallacies.

Idiot Mike: You haven't raised anything not pointed out above. By the way, look at me; I don't throw around fancy latin terms (though I could, if I were superior enough)

Me: Why don't you address the points?

Idiot Mike: You haven't raised anything not pointed out above. Blah blah blah...oh, look, I made a point without accusing someone of logical fallacies (thus apparently demonstrating myself superior...)!
F. Douglass
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

If he links to this again (Since you do read this I am adressing this to you Mike) and complains how we are slandering him over here, I am going to openly mock him for his stupidity in the VFD thread.

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

And in case anyone has a stupidity tolerance lower than Alyeska's, here's the VfD thread in question; the stupidity gets worse as one gets closer to the bottom, with Mike_Castaldo engaging in broken-record behavior, black/white fallacies, ad hominems, red herrings, and style-over-substance fallacies.

It truly pains the mind.
F. Douglass
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Surlethe wrote:And in case anyone has a stupidity tolerance lower than Alyeska's, here's the VfD thread in question; the stupidity gets worse as one gets closer to the bottom, with Mike_Castaldo engaging in broken-record behavior, black/white fallacies, ad hominems, red herrings, and style-over-substance fallacies.

It truly pains the mind.
Behavior that would get him VIed here, in other words. No wonder he wants the entry gone. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician