Ohio

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Ohio

Post by Col. Crackpot »

the other election threads are getting awfully long in the tooth, so i'll start a new thread for this:

Ohio. Why the heck is Kerry even bothering to contest the results? The split is approaching 140,000 votes and there are only about 140,000 provisional ballots.... does Kerry Honestly think he will get all 140,000 of them?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Because he wants to make sure that Hillary has no chance in hell in '08. If he's going to lose, he's going to take the DNC down with him
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Rudi is running in '08. She already has no chance.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Personally, I think Kerry should cut his losses and admit defeat here and now. It would take an amazing result to turn the tide in his favour and I just don't see it happening, so any grasping at straws on his behalf is only going to make him look even worse off and hopefully not the whole party.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:so any grasping at straws on his behalf is only going to make him look even worse off and hopefully not the whole party.
I think that's the plan. :?

Destroy the Leadership of the DNC as it is; because they effectively ran
his campaign.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

If that's true, then Kerry's even more of a fucktard in my eyes now. Sore losers are just as bad as arrogant winners.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:If that's true, then Kerry's even more of a fucktard in my eyes now. Sore losers are just as bad as arrogant winners.
Remember, the Clintons run the DNC through their appointments during
the 8 years of Clinton.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Or maybe he wants George Bushs victory to be crystal clear to help in 08 FOR HELLARY KLINTON!!11111!!!!1111
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Or maybe it's all just a giant plot by ZOMBIE RICHARD NIXON, making one last mad bid for the Presidency from beyond the grave!
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

HemlockGrey wrote:Or maybe it's all just a giant plot by ZOMBIE RICHARD NIXON, making one last mad bid for the Presidency from beyond the grave!
Before he can do that, he needs BRAINS!!!!!!

Someone feed him Bob Novak, i never liked him anyway. And James Carville too.
Xenophobe3691
Sith Marauder

Post by Xenophobe3691 »

Anyone else think when they look at the map of Electoral Votes how close this looks to the election of 1860?
Dark Heresy: Dance Macabre - Imperial Psyker Magnus Arterra

BoTM
Proud Decepticon

Post 666 Made on Fri Jul 04, 2003 @ 12:48 pm
Post 1337 made on Fri Aug 22, 2003 @ 9:18 am
Post 1492 Made on Fri Aug 29, 2003 @ 5:16 pm

Hail Xeno: Lord of Calculus -- Ace Pace
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Xenophobe3691 wrote:Anyone else think when they look at the map of Electoral Votes how close this looks to the election of 1860?
Although you have to reverse it because Lincoln was a Republican.
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Although you have to reverse it because Lincoln was a Republican.
The interesting thing is, if we compare electoral maps, the Republicans and Democrats have effectively switched constituences. Go back to the early part of the 20th century, the Republicans dominated the greater northeast and the Pacific coast and the democrats dominated the south and great plains.
Nations do not survive by setting examples for others
Nations survive by making examples of others
UCBooties
Jedi Master

Post by UCBooties »

Yeah, and there are about umpteen-thousand books to explain the realignment of the country. It mostly comes down to the south swallowing its pride and voting Republican, rather than Democrat, who've become far to liberal for that region. There's more to it than that, but it mostly has to do with race and socialy policy changes in the parties.
Post 666: Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 am
Post 777: Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:49 pm
Post 999: Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 am
Iceberg
ASVS Master of Laundry

Post by Iceberg »

And yet nobody can describe what "too liberal" is, other than to say Republican Congressman X or Presidential candidate Y says his opponent is "too liberal" in an add that juxtaposes his face with Osama bin Ladin's and Hitler's.

"It looks uh, very red, and then there's some blue there at the top where many of us will most likely spend the next four years, uh, I would imagine huddled, uh, huddled together.. uh.. and uh, in fact weeping." - Jon Stewart
"Carriers dispense fighters, which dispense assbeatings." - White Haven

| Hyperactive Gundam Pilot of MM | GALE | ASVS | Cleaners | Kibologist (beable) | DFB |
If only one rock and roll song echoes into tomorrow
There won't be anything to keep you from the distant morning glow.
I'm not a man. I just portrayed one for 15 years.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Iceberg wrote:And yet nobody can describe what "too liberal" is, other than to say Republican Congressman X or Presidential candidate Y says his opponent is "too liberal" in an add that juxtaposes his face with Osama bin Ladin's and Hitler's.
On the Sky News coverage they had a republican strategist on and she stated Kerry was liberal and Jeremy Thompson said "You say that like it is a swear word" and she responded that it was because it implies extremism.

Thompson found it mildly amusing (as he seemed to do with most of the US political people he had on during the night).
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Personally, I think Kerry should cut his losses and admit defeat here and now. It would take an amazing result to turn the tide in his favour and I just don't see it happening, so any grasping at straws on his behalf is only going to make him look even worse off and hopefully not the whole party.
I can only see it hurting him. Look at how much shit Bush took for doing this in 2000. Now Kerry's doing, and is, at best. grasping at straws to boot. People just want this election over and whoever drags it out is probably just going to annoy the crap out of everyone (especially if they don't have a realistic chance of winning, which I don't think Kerry does).

I'm not sure what his goal here is. But the way Senator Edwards put it ("We'll fight for every vote" or whatever) just makes it sound like they're being sore losers.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Where the fuck are those international observers when you need them? Someone needs to give Kerry a reality check, here. He lost this election badly. There's no way he's winning this, and he's seriously damaging the DNC reputation.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Fucking hell. I so FUCKING HATE this Dreary fucking state!
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Master of Ossus wrote:Where the fuck are those international observers when you need them?
Hey, MoO, I know you can read this and I'm in a hurry.. and yet to found an english version of the article :?

Apparently, the electoral system in the US is worse than in Cazaquistan and Georgia
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Colonel Olrik wrote:
Master of Ossus wrote:Where the fuck are those international observers when you need them?
Hey, MoO, I know you can read this and I'm in a hurry.. and yet to found an english version of the article :?

Apparently, the electoral system in the US is worse than in Cazaquistan and Georgia
Hmmm.... Damn.... That's pretty scathing. :?
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."