The People's Republic is yours (RAR!)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zor
Sith Acolyte

The People's Republic is yours (RAR!)

Post by Zor »

Today, while you are doing something of little to no consequence, Q picks you up and tells you that, yes indeed, you are the victem of a Hippothetical scenario made real. However, you won't be sent into the past to be enslaved, you won't face down hordes of Zombies and you won't have to deal with any incovieniet extraterrestrial invaders. In this scenario, you get real established power. Its massive PLA National Day Parades rolling past Tiananmen Square and the March of the Volunteers for you as you become the Leader of the Glorious People's Republic of China!

In more detail, you have become the Head of State of the PRC replacing Mr Hu about ten months (over which, nothing of sugnifigance has happened) in the future. You have been given a legitimate history as a backwater politian, who gained prominence latter on. To draw now eyebrows, you have been converted to Han Chinese and you have been given a natural knowlege of Standard Mandarin and a bunch of false documents.

What do you do?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Natorgator
Jedi Knight

Post by Natorgator »

If possible, I'd try to get China up to speed in many regards to the west: beginning some semblance of environmental protections, more worker rights, funding forrenewable energy and more nuclear power.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

I will try to figure out which country I can invade without having my shit bombed into oblivion by either Uncle Sam or Uncle Joe's retarded grandson. Hopefully if I manage to bungle the invasion bad enough, I should be able to ameliorate that surplus male problem China's having. Or I could just cut lose and arrange a good Civil War. In both cases another important concern is not getting shot before the 10 months are up.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Uncle Joe's retarded grandson? *glares*

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Pollux
Padawan Learner

Post by Pollux »

fgalkin wrote:Uncle Joe's retarded grandson? *glares*
Maybe he meant "disabled grandson"?
"Minnesota has 10,000 lakes. This is roughly 4,000 times more lakes than people."
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Pollux wrote:
fgalkin wrote:Uncle Joe's retarded grandson? *glares*
Maybe he meant "disabled grandson"?
It still doesn't make any sense. :?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Uncle Joe = Stalin
Soviet Union post Stalin = Uncle Joe's son
Modern Russia = Uncle Joe's (retarded/disabled) grandson

It makes perfect sense. The current Russkies simply aren't what they used to be.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Adrian Laguna wrote:Uncle Joe = Stalin
Soviet Union post Stalin = Uncle Joe's son
Modern Russia = Uncle Joe's (retarded/disabled) grandson

It makes perfect sense. The current Russkies simply aren't what they used to be.
We know exactly what you meant. It's simply wrong and doesn't make sense.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I will try to figure out which country I can invade without having my shit bombed into oblivion by either Uncle Sam or Uncle Joe's retarded grandson. Hopefully if I manage to bungle the invasion bad enough, I should be able to ameliorate that surplus male problem China's having. Or I could just cut lose and arrange a good Civil War. In both cases another important concern is not getting shot before the 10 months are up.
As usual, you're very smart. If this was meant as a satiric reply, it's not funny. If it was serious, it seems that it's you who is retarded, not Uncle Joe's "sons".
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Stas Bush wrote:As usual, you're very smart.
Why thank you!
If this was meant as a satiric reply, it's not funny.
I beg to differ.
If it was serious, it seems that it's you who is retarded, not Uncle Joe's "sons".
Well it would solve he excess male problem, if the casualties are high enough. It's like setting an atomic demolition charge at the base of Aswan High Dam to solve the problem of the nutritious silt building-up behind it and not flowing down river where it can fertilize crops. Or like shooting yourself in the face to get rid of wart. Technically speaking, it solves the problem. :D
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Shit probably isn't as funny when you're a Chinese male. And don't say I have no sense of humor - what's funny about people just like me dying?
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Like much modern humor, its only funny until it actually happens.

---

First things first; illegalize child labour. Outlaw abortions for non-life-threatening situations, and promote the use of contraceptives. Hopefully, this will even up the male-to-female ratio. The only reason I'd have the ruling on the abortions is because the parents are finding out if their child is male or not and getting an abortion if the kid isn't, which disgusts me. Moralize if you like, that

Next, work the environment; enforce strict controls on pollution produced by factories and the like. Promote nuclear power and remove as much of the fossil-fuel power as I can reasonably afford to.

Legalize public demonstrations (they'll probably be so shocked they'll stop doing them.) :lol:

After this, I'd institute a more democratic system of government (rather than the one-party farce they have now.)

Build a constitution, some sort of bill of human rights, etc.

Oh, and institute labour unions so I don't have people being forced to live in their office for fear of being replaced should they leave. :evil:
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Damnit, forgot: Pay for all this by cutting military spending. Like mad.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Ryan Thunder wrote:Outlaw abortions for non-life-threatening situations, and promote the use of contraceptives. Hopefully, this will even up the male-to-female ratio. The only reason I'd have the ruling on the abortions is because the parents are finding out if their child is male or not and getting an abortion if the kid isn't, which disgusts me.
I have a better idea, in all seriousness. You know the Chinese's "only one child law"? It basically means couples don't get social benefits if they have more than one, it's not like the second child will be shot or something. I propose that social benefits be significantly smaller if the one child is a boy. You could also use it in conjunction with it being illegal for parents to know their baby's gender before its born.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Adrian Laguna wrote:
Ryan Thunder wrote:Outlaw abortions for non-life-threatening situations, and promote the use of contraceptives. Hopefully, this will even up the male-to-female ratio. The only reason I'd have the ruling on the abortions is because the parents are finding out if their child is male or not and getting an abortion if the kid isn't, which disgusts me.
I have a better idea, in all seriousness. You know the Chinese's "only one child law"? It basically means couples don't get social benefits if they have more than one, it's not like the second child will be shot or something. I propose that social benefits be significantly smaller if the one child is a boy. You could also use it in conjunction with it being illegal for parents to know their baby's gender before its born.
Brilliant, sir. All the benefits of my solution without the limitations. :D
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

But wouldn't more affluent parents to be simply bribe the doctor to determine the baby's gender either ways?
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Pelranius wrote:But wouldn't more affluent parents to be simply bribe the doctor to determine the baby's gender either ways?
Wouldn't be surprising, but they wouldn't exactly be hard hit being denied benefits for the second child