an attempt to put NJO folly to rest. SW only based Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

an attempt to put NJO folly to rest. SW only based Fanfic

Post by jenat-lai »

So I hate the NJO books... so perhaps I can go ahead a few hundred years, to where all the heros, Luke, Leiah, Solo, Mara Jade... perhaps even the Solo children are all dead or nearly so... The biggest problem I have is the NJO seem to have given the Jedi and Republic back the same types of problems they had in Episode I and II. so they have come full circle. I have a problem with this.... so the only thing I can think of is to let that happen, nearly, and then write a fanfic of my own, to get the Jedi/NR out of that rut! Selectavley ignoring the type of trash I refuse to read, and trying to be as subtle as I can with the moral of the story.

The fic is going to be a long term thing, already it is over 10,400 words long, and I consider it to be about 1/8th complete. As a slight protest to the small mindedness of the NJO series, my fic has been named

Greater Things
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

The Story So Far

Post by jenat-lai »

Star Wars: Greater Things
Twenty one years have passed since Jenat-Lai Ovarn resigned from the Jedi order and married Jolanda Dobson, adopting her illigitamate son, Jamie Dobson. Meanwhile the reformed Jedi order attempt to resolve the problems concerning their place in the new republic, and consider moving their major temple from Yavin IV to Coruscant.
Meanwhyle, the Veninian Crisis has come to a head, and the Republic Senate are unresolved as what to do about it
Elsewhere, a mysterious Sith lordess, now all but forgotten by the Jedi, makes preparations to use the upcoming conflict to her advantage.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: an attempt to put NJO folly to rest. SW only based Fanfi

Post by Eleas »

(Jenat-Lai)
"So I hate the NJO books... so perhaps I can go ahead a few hundred years, to where all the heros, Luke, Leiah, Solo, Mara Jade... perhaps even the Solo children are all dead or nearly so... The biggest problem I have is the NJO seem to have given the Jedi and Republic back the same types of problems they had in Episode I and II. so they have come full circle. I have a problem with this.... so the only thing I can think of is to let that happen, nearly, and then write a fanfic of my own, to get the Jedi/NR out of that rut! Selectavley ignoring the type of trash I refuse to read, and trying to be as subtle as I can with the moral of the story."

Uh, not to be a party-pooper, but if you can't even spell Leia's name correctly, then I doubt I'm going to risk reading the story.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Well, it has potential, but to be honest, from two paragraphs it is impossible to determine the feasability of a piece of writing. If you want to give us a bit more information, I might be able to help you, a bit. I am also a fan of SW only fanfic, and am currently writing my own book. It KIND OF involves the NJO, in that the Yuuzhan Vong are in it, but they are really secondary to the plot of the book (which takes place in the Old Republic era). I think it has some interesting premise. But I digress. Please continue to post, and I will help you, if I can.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Ok, first chapter is complete and second is well on it's way. Chapters 1 and 2 are of very small scope, and take place around a (fan fictional) town of Mos Esnik on Tatooine.

Plot expectations for now are to get the three main characters off Tatooine by selling a damaged Delta-7 Two seat Jedi starfighter for lots of tatooine $$ and buying a flight to Corsin, where the main jedi character's old padawan lives. Tatooine itself is going through some major political (crime lord) upheavals, but that's just on the side. A list of the main Characters back historys are to be found here (not quite finished as yet though)
http://www.geocities.com/jenat_lai/fic_characters.html
I'm still not quite sure what to do with the Vong boys, since theyve supposedly slaughtered the main characters wife, but since it's been concieved as the middle part of 3 large storys, I think we will see the Jedi trancend revenge and do what he needs to do. besides, there's a sith on the loose, a sith he and his padawan had a hand in the training of in fact.
jenat-lai
Jedi Knight

Post by jenat-lai »

Part 1 (of 6 or 8) can be found at
http://www.geocities.com/jenat_lai/episodet401.html

The nearly complete part 2 is at

http://www.geocities.com/jenat_lai/episodet402.html

I'd like to see what you's think of it.