A little Fanfic Experiment

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

A little Fanfic Experiment

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Ok, I have an on again off again original story Called 'Forlorn Hope' it's something of a hard Sci Fi, story involving earth and mars being destroyed in a war, and humanity fleeing our solar system in a "City in Space" warship looking for a new planet.

The arment:
20mt Particle Acllerator Main Guns takes 10sec to recharge capacitors and vent the heat build up. x3 triple Turrets. (x2 FX, 1 RX)
Point Defense Lasers: These use rapid recharge 6 barreled gatling configuration (Each Barrel needs fraction of a second to recharge) These use X-Ray lasers to kill crew on fighters, and burn out sensor's on warheads. (Approximatly 20 double turrets scattered across the hull)
Dorsal Launched FTL Missiles (Uses an FTL engine for one "Stage" of it;s delivery cycle to cover a vast area of space relatively quickly. 64 tubes, reloads take hours, the Missiles emerge in close proximaty to the target and then realease 40 submunitions, 10 of which are 10mt Nukes, or Bomb pumped lasers, the rest are decoys.)

Now how does this compare to star trek, B5, or Starwars

I then plan to ask Mr. Kennedy, here and Space Battles to rate this.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The missiles can be up to a 200 Megaton single warhead, or up to 400 MT's of active warheads they usually don;t want to squander their fissionables like that but they are more then capable, of it.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Supreme_Warlord
Youngling
Location: East Ham, London, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Universe

Post by Supreme_Warlord »

In relation to Star Wars:

Not much.

Acclamators, which are glorified troop transports, have 200 GT turbolasers and 6 MT laser cannons. They have a shield rating of 7e+22 W (16.7 TT/second). Proton torpedoes, which have been estimated to be in the GT range are most porbably weaker than the strategic missiles that the ATT also carries.

Later generation Star Destroyers are even more powerful and Super Star Destroyers are on a different plane altogether.

Don't want to comment about the rest - best to consult an expert on B5 and ST.