Anyone Interested?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Allow me the honor of explaing :twisted:
Maybe I'll write some here if you don't mind but I have an excelent explination for the whole situation and bring a another side in
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just like all the other times, The circumstances where different but the result was the same. The brief disorientation, the pain, then that wonderful feeling of being refreshed and at the same time sickness at the thought living in fear of this threat again just the like the Emperor had… With a low cough Bevel Lemelisk looked up to his new tormentor if that was he was. Just like before the normal clumsiness with the new body so his first words emerged as nothing more than a croak. “Whaaaa you?

“Who I am does not matter Lemelisk, you don't need to know that. All you need to know is I have a job for you and if you don’t agree. Well Thrawn did manage to spread some cloning facilities around, including here and I posses the same abilities as the long dead Emperor did and I’m even more inclined than he to use them. Have I made myself clear Lemelisk?” the tone left no room to argue. Still not trusting his voice he just nodded at the figure his mind already ticking away trying to see if he knew that face and at the same time trying to figure out what he would be made to do. A Sun-crusher? No Qui was the only one alive who knew about that, A repeat of the project he had carried out for the Hutts? No something told him it was more than that….

A few hours later Bevel found himself deep-within, where-ever he was, not like it mattered be shoved into a room by a pair of Storm-Troopers. At least they looked like Storm-Troopers. But the Empire was dead and most of its old weaponry had found its way onto the black market. They could be anyone from Pirates to the New Republic. Hmm that was a thought, Bevel paused as he though back to how he had arrived here. He had been at the time composing his final messages, not that he had anyone to send them to and awaiting his execution when he had first heard the distinctive womp sound of a concussion grenade close by only to see one sail past his cell and then blackness… He had awaken in a cell not to dissimilar to the first one he thought for a wild second that he had simply imagined it until he notice the two guards outside his cell where not New-Republic types, they where Storm troopers. As is normal the case all attempts at conversation with them had failed and he had spent an uncomfortable three hours sitting there and distinctly noticing the large bump on his head he guess from when he had fallen over in the cell and from the pain his hand to.

Then he had been hauled in front of… Who? He had said nothing simply moved from the desk he was sitting at and sliced Lemelisk in half before he could react. Light-saber probably and that meant he was working for some Jedi who knew enough about the Emperor and had Storm troopers working for him along with access to cloning facilities. The list of people who could do that was pretty small, To be exact he did not know of anyone who could. His thoughts where interrupted as the door behind him slid open and there he was… His face looked some-how familiar but he could not place it. “I trust you find this place acceptable?” he said simply no expression on his face though again his tone carried volumes of information indicating that it better be and Bevel better say it was. “It is” Bevel said even though he had not even looked at the room he was in till now, and it was indeed acceptable, Every single instrument he had ever run across he had ever run-across in his years of working for the Emperor would still fill a quarter of the instruments he saw. There was a stress analysis unit good to fifteen decimal places, and over there was a common laser thermometer jammed next to what looked like a miniature version of a Crystal Gravity Field Trap. “Yes, Yes” he said deciding to push on. “Yes it will do quite well, however figure me for asking what exactly am I going to using it for?” he asked

“Ah forgive me Engineer sometimes I get ahead of myself” the figure said “Bevel Lemelisk, you helped create the Death-Stars, The World Devastators and a hundred other innovations and you struck me as the perfect man for this job.” He trailed off approaching Bevel slowly and seeming to grow with ever step. Finally he stood before him towering like some monolithic god and learn close… “Bevel Lemelisk I want for you to build…. A time machine”

Aboard the Andromeda…
Look Boss I’m telling you THIS time I got it figured out Harper said for the sixth time today trying to convince the decided Skeptical Dillian Hunt of his latest idea. “Really? I remember the last time you did you nearly destroyed my ship and nearly got us all killed” “A fluke! That was pure accident and you know it boss, Look I’m telling you If I’m right we can kiss that World-ship goodbye.” “Kindly explain it one more time Mr Harper?” Dillan Asked. “Ok its really simple, Remember the walking through walls Tech we stole from those fokes who worked for Mr Tall Dark and Glowy Eyes? “How could I forget?” Dillian said. “We remember how it lets Organic walk through walls and the like? Real Handy Right?” “Yes, yes I know that already how does it kill the World-ship?” he asked. “Well that’s the thing its not going to kill it Directly…” “Your not wasting my time are you Mr Harper” “No, no boss hers the thing I did not figure out till later. When you go out of Phase and start walking through Walls unless you know its coming if what your walking on is moving and your relatively speaking not, If we take a took a sharp left turn…” Dillian got it then “They would keep going and fly right out of the ship, Good thinking Harper, But the World Ship?” Harper knew he had him so he took his time, “See that’s the thing boss the Shifting does not have to be voluntary. In-fact I’ve figured out a way we could hook It up to a slip-stream core and phase everything in a pretty big area out, but not for long but long enough…” “I think see your plan Mr Harper however how do we get the World-ship to make that left turn?” “Ah that’s the beauty part Boss, We don’t have to. We swoop in there with a few other ships to distract them, Deploy my little baby, hit that sun with another Nova Bomb, Boom my device goes off, Bang there goes the sun, the World-ship looses some momentum but about three Trillion Magag don’t, come flying out the front so to speak, and shift back in to phase right in the middle of deep space.”
Dillian paused to think about this for a moment and Harper began to get worried the Boss might be going sentimental on him but was relived when he smiled and said, “I approve Mr Harper, lets get your device ready to go and I’ll get us some “Decoys” and we can get this under-way…..

“Is it ready?” Bevel stiffed a groan, it had been twenty hard weeks to get to this point, even considering he had access to some of the finest tools in all of space, he still was only one man, the fact he had gotten this far, this fast was a miracle in and of itself but his *employer demanded more than perfection. “For a first test yes, I’ve Combined the old style *Warp drives we used nearly thirty thousand years ago it turns out they are perfect for this sort of thing. That combined with the other innovations I’ve come up with let me feel safe enough for a short term test. Nothing more than a two minute trip to half an hour ahead then the same back with a live pilot as you asked because a Droid would not give us the readings we need on how time travel affects living things.” The fact he was even able to say that would have made himself question his insanity few months earlier but when he had actual worked at the problem he had found it much easier that he thought, ever time he would become frustrated a new idea would suddenly pop into his head for some problem he faced, over and over again, almost as if someone one, or thing was guiding him. He shook his head that was preposterous the mer idea that there was some outside agency. He shook his head and turned back towards… Master is what he said to call him the few times he had summoned the courage to ask and today perhaps with the completion of the project so close… “Excuse me but don’t you think after all this work you can at least tell me your name? I’d like to know who I’m working for…” the dead silence filled the room as the figured stiffed turned and with abrupt speed was again towering over Bevel the anger on his face was evident. “You know only what I want you to know, I will tolerate no rebellion or disrespect from you, have I made myself clear Engineer?” He said grating out each word slowly. “Perfectly Sir” Bevel swallowed Suddenly reminded of the rages he had seen the Emperor in sometimes, Including the one that lead to his encounter with the smelter… He shuddered at the memory and watched him stride away but as the door was about to close he turned and said. “You deserve to know that much Engineer, You server none other that Jorruus C’Baoth, Server him well and you shall live to see the end.”
The Door slid closed leaving Bevel with nothing more than his thoughts and his new and sudden fears.

:twisted: Decent eh?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

TIME TRAVEL COP-OUT????????

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Titanic no like time travel...
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Who said the Time travel worked :twisted:

Remeber its still not been explained how everything got flung togtherm I plan to pull another Universe in and at the same time explain how it all went bang

Beisdes that did you like it?

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Well, I don't know what the whole Andromeda bit meant since I don't watch it but I like Lemelisk (but I think it'd take him a WEE bit more time than 4 months).
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

Great posts!!! Wow, this should be good.
Personally just kinda waiting on the others who initially signed up to post an intro so I can get my second up online. ;)

If I could you all to do me a small favor though. I created a feedback post for this story. If you would not mind, please post replies, critism, praise, rants, etc... in that post and lets try to keep this one story only from this point forward.

To anyone who is late to the game, but really wants to write something:
So long as it doesn't break a continuity situation in one of the other posts, feel free. I have half-a-mind (figure of speach!) to start a side thread about a farmer-colonist and his family. I would have him look up at night, with his cigar and watch the firefight going on in space. He drops the cigar and runs into the house as he sees what is obviously a gigantic quarter mile piece of ship falling on his house!

Anyway, the point is, as long as you don't contradict the 8 original characters, please feel free to contribute and add to this. It would be green if this turned into a forum story versus a small number of us story.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I like creating backstorys it won't break the contiuity of the rest of the posts and as for
Well, I don't know what the whole Andromeda bit meant since I don't watch it but I like Lemelisk (but I think it'd take him a WEE bit more time than 4 months).
Like I said who said he got it right? :twisted:
As for the Andromeda they have a nice bit of tecnology in the later parts of the show that lets you move *out of phase with the unverise and basicly walk through walls and the like, its main portable and dang useful however it has flaws as I explained and to explain the worldshi

Take Earth
Duplicate it roughly nine times, Hollow out the planet then move it as close as Mecury is to the Sun, Connect the Ten Planets togther with very big tubing and find a way for the sun and all ten planets to travel togther, thats the world-ship, every planet is FILLED to the brim with nasty Magag who want nothing but complete descrution of all being they where created by the "Abyss" to server the "Abyss"

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Ah, ok thanks.

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

So uh....when is chapter one...or two...or whatever coming around? I can start writing if it is wanted.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

Well, I'm in the mid of my chap two. I've contacted one of the other writers via the PM to ask him a question or two about his fleet so I can attack him and am waiting on his response. So when I hear from him I am going to post.

I was hoping that some of the others who originally signed up would post by now, but either they have decided they do not want to or they are on vacation without Internet connections. -?-

Anyway the point is; post up bro. Let's keep it exciting for any readers we may have and if we have none, well shit, lets keep it exciting for ourselves. :)
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Oh ok, I'd thught there were specific times we had to post...ok thanks for clearing that up, I'll get to work soon then.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'll slap out the second half of the Backstory Tommrow

I think I'll regulate the AD into News Ship and have them watch all the pretty Fights(Slap it in the back-ground or maybe I will :P)

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

The Mars is still pointing at the stern of Sdiar's ship so I can't really post anything until he responds.

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Um...

Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

"Sir, we are reading a massive energy influx from the anomaly"
Captain Alps turned to relay the message.
Grand Admiral Sdair held his hand up. He had heard.
"Order the Anirakahn and Interceptor into combat ready. Get me Admiral Portiaish on the holo. I wish to speak with him in private channel."
"Yes sir."
Communications said, "Grand Admiral, we have Admiral Portiaish on holo."
"Good," Sdair replied. "Admiral."
"Grand Admiral?"
Sdair nodded at the image. "I want you to take command of the star destroyers Majestic and Horizon. Move them into support position behind the Anirakahn and Interceptor. You are to keep yourself clear and await my command before taking action."
Portiaish nodded. "Understood Grand Admiral," he replied. Uncharacteristically he asked, "What am I to expect?"
Sdair pinced his lips. "You will see a force that is to be ignored. They will fire on the Anirakahn and will be destroyed. Their Captain will then order his ships to cease fire at which point I will speak with him."
Sdair's eyes looked into the future. "Then you will see a fleet that is to be destroyed. The difference in the ship design is obvious."
He tilted his head to the left. He paused and his molars ground against each other.
"You will engage the second force that exits the anomaly. You will destroy them. After I subdue the first force to our side, we will join you in combat." Sdair focused on the Admiral. "You are not to relay this information to the others."
Portiaish nodded. "Understood."
"Admiral," Sdair said.
"Sir?"
"Do not abandon,"Sdair stopped in mid sentence. "We will be victorious today no matter the loss."
Portiaish nodded and clenched his jaw muscles. "For the Emperor," he replied.
The holonet communication ended.
Admiral Blain Portiaish turned and looked at Commander Targeth.
"You heard him, open communication with the Majestic and Horizon. Inform the Corin that she is to report to the Grand Admiral."
"Yes sir."

The ship sat silent in space.
Commander Corrigan looked at the readings and set them aside. It did not matter. In moments, a fleet would enter Empire space. His instructions were clear, do not fire unless fired upon; destroy instantly what fires upon you.
He knew what to do.

Joshua Solidar stood up from the barstool.
He was drunk.
He leaned forward to steady himself as the world around him spun. The man to his left winked at him. He shook his head and stood upright.
Slowly he made his way across the floor toward the door. Exiting, he looked up at the sky and into space.
The stars are so beautiful, he thought. He shook his head to clear it and made his way down the white corridors toward his apartment. I want to get out of here, he thought. I want to fly on what I create.
He entered his apartment.
Joshua clicked on the vid-net and listened to the woman. Becoming bored, he turned to the twenty-four hour porn channel. He glanced at the screen and smiled. He looked over at his clock and frowned.
"Shit," he said aloud. "I have to be at the yards in four hours."
He turned off the vid-net and lay down on his bed.
"Maybe I can call in sick," he said to the spartanly decorated room.
He looked out the small window at the reddish world he lived on.
"I want to go home," he said. "I don't want to be here. I should have listened to my brother, mars sucks."
Joshua closed his eyes and passed out.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Nice. I hope there's still a place for the good old UED fleet.
Supermod
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

The Distance he had travelled to arrive here was as always irrelevant, In the Web Distance between exits had little to no bearing on where they lay in the web, he had spent a few days to travel, as he understood it thousands upon thousands of light years. The Vessel that carried him would soon make it's way to another exit and lie in space waiting for him, slowly a Fleet would be gathered but would not exit the Web till he had what they needed, until then he was on his own. Disembarking from the Vessel he looked around himself, the Web, how to describe it, to Humans it would be vast swirling colours, Gem like in many places, The Walls pulsing with power, Somehow intimidating yet filled with hope, and a sense that they kept at bay the true terror of an evil malevolent force, and would do so for eternity. For the Web crossed through the Warp, yet was not of the Warp, and so the evil that controlled that vital part of space was not able to enter, unless they broke the ancient seals that closed the Lost Portals on the Worlds that now formed the Eye of Terror.

He now sat upon his only mode of transport, a small Bike, at first they had debated using captured Human Tech, to avoid attention but that thought had been dismissed whatever they rode would likely be unsuitable, unseen and so Milt-Hith wanted the far greater Eldar technology and he got it, the Jet Bike was a Screamer Variant the two Shuriken Guns had been replaced with a Single Shurikan Cannon, and had a small chamber that housed the dreaded Screamer rounds, Rounds that drove men insane as it altered them, it was a dreadful sight to behold, and drove many to flee from the sight and it was exactly what he required.

Finally he was ready, pulling a cloak up over his face as he set off, exiting the Web deep underground, He could still sense through that it was not a Maiden world as he had suspected, it seemed these exits had been created for something other than colonisation, rather maybe only for exploration of these other possibilities. The minds of the Ancient Eldar where in many ways a mystery and it was better they stay that way, those same minds had led to the destruction of the Great Eldar Empire, and condemned those that followed them to a life of survival in a Barbaric Galaxy where Mon-Keigh stumbled from near Disaster to near disaster and the Galaxy balanced itself on a pin head, awaiting destruction by the forces of Chaos.

A Quick survey of the immediate surroundings convinced him he was safe, no one had been this way for while, perhaps not since the Eldar, hopefully it would still have an exit somewhere but first he had to determine which direction to head once he reached the surface. Climbing down from his Jet bike he left it in stand by mode, hovering a few feet in the air by his side, he sat down and removed his Runes, for such a simple scrying he wouldn't usually require them, but he felt it best to take no chances, this was after all a strange new Universe he was in.

The Runes flicked as he followed the paths they spelt out, some showed a Battle far distant about to occur, whose result spelt out a new change in the timeline, what effect it would have was unclear, but bore watching so he made note. The Runes it showed for one side of the conflict was unusual, it was close to that of the great Devourer the Tyranid’s but different enough to assure him that they had not arrived here, this was a different threat, but shared a few goals and methods. Nodding as he received the answers he needed, the best path had been chosen, and a way to proceed on this alien world was settled on, soon he was once more on his way. His journey through the tunnels was slower than he would have hoped, a Shining Spear would have no problems navigating the twisting tunnels and dodging the walls, but he was no shining spear, his skills where not anywhere near the task of moving at full speed, and so he moved with great care, meaning it would be it a good few hours before he emerged on the surface, into the moonlight.

His readings earlier had given him two things he needed, the first was simple a destination on this world, a way to a spaceport, and the location of a Captain to transport him, the second was his eventual destination in this Galaxy a place to begin his studies, a name really, Babylon 5, whatever this place was he would soon find out he knew, why it would be so useful. First through he needed money, his experiences of Mon-Keigh told him this, and he was prepared, before leaving the Craftworld he had collected a few pieces of captured Human Technology while not enough he knew on their own, he might be able to exchange them for credit's after that, all it would take is a few trips to various Gabling establishments and he would have turned that small amount into something larger. After all, what where games of chance to a man that could see the future?

The Spaceport was a bustling place Humans and other unknown Mon-Keigh mixed at first Milt-Hith thought it unusual the humans seemed accepting of the Alien Presence, but he noticed after a while an undercurrent of mistrust from many of the humans, dotted around where a few battered, remains of old torn posters, that while he couldn't read, pointed to this acceptance of Aliens being something new, that a change had occurred recently that was not yet fully a part of the Human Psyche and perhaps would never be, in fact Milt-Hith believed it never would be, from his universes examples of Humanity. So he kept his face covered as he rode through the city, his bike gathered many strange looks and he imagined comments but he didn't stop to listen, he was not interested in what they had to say yet.

To Learn the Humans language was a concern, but he needed to leave his Jet Bike somewhere safe, he would know it when he saw it, finally he did see what he needed an abandoned building, battle scarred from what appeared an old conflict, the roof long gone the walls still stood, and it was enough for his purpose. He wondered why this building had been left standing, but slowly he noticed other buildings being rebuilt around it, and understood, the conflict may have been long over, but the rebuilding took time.

Now he moved amongst the Aliens and listened to their conversations, and watched their body language, Humans and many of the of the other Aliens spoke such simple languages. Their words insufficient in many cases for the task of what they where trying to convey that they needed whole sentences for a single thought. This was an amazing concept to the Eldar, but a factor that made learning a language so much simpler, the words used by Humans where simple words, with few extra meanings, to a people whose language was so complicated that depending on how they said a word could speak whole sentences, this was a childs exercise. Still having said that it took many hours, partly because he had to keep moving, but also because, even these simple languages had layers, and Slang words, but eventually he had a working understanding of the language, not enough to truly speak it as a native, but enough to use.

((Well thats my chapter two))
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Cyran sat in his seat as the reports continued to file in on this strange new area they were in. This wasn't good, they were far away from their own known territory, and from what reports stated they weren't even in their own galaxy.

"Well Lieutenant, what do you make of all this?"

Lieutenant Oriem looked at his captain "Well sir, it seems that we are no where near where we should be."

Cyran smiled, baring his set of elongated upper and lower canines "Very good Lieutenant, we are going to be staying here with a minimal fleet as the rest go out on scanning missions, we want to know as much as possible about this new galaxy we are in."

Lieutenant Oriem spoke once again "Sir, if I may."

"Feel free lieutenant." was his reply.

"Sir, I was thinking that since our power here is limited we may want to join forces, at least temporarily, with the main force here, which seems to be this 'Empire' that we met with."

Cyran nodded "Suggestion noted Oriem."

With this Oriem turned, executing it perfectly and left the bridge leaving Cyran with his thoughts.

Over the next few hours reports slowly came in from his 20 fastest ships which had gone to check out the area, work was slow but it would work well enough, they weren't in a real hurry. Then one of his missile ships appeared just outside the formation.

"Captain Sakimo, why are you here?" asked Cyran as soon as a channel was opened.

The response came quickly "Sir we have discovered a star map of this galaxy."

Cyran smiled "Very good captain." With this he turned to his communication officer "Send a message to the fleet ensign, let them know to come back, we're going to get moving soon."

Another hour later all of his ships had been accounted for and confrontations with the locals had been kept to a minimal. Cyran had been in his control room with his other Captains and they had discussed where to go, Captain Sakimo had gotten a lot of information about this galaxy, including the main bases of this Empire and how they usually responded to certain agravaters. They were currently in the 'Inner Rim' as this galaxy called it and were near a system called Bilbringi, a system not very far away from their Core world of Coruscant. The collection of Captains had come to the conclusion that they should first go to a place called Kashyyyk. There was a reletively small Imperial base there and if the greeting they got was hostile they could take it out, if it wasn't they would soon be allyed to the Empire of this galaxy, that is until they found a way home.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Admiral Sidar MUST meet the Mars before I can write anything more!

Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Yeah and btw anyone an idea where the UED fleet should appear because they've entered the wormhole closely followed by the Zerg, and they've not yet re-appeared again...
Supermod
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Yeah and btw anyone an idea where the UED fleet should appear because they've entered the wormhole closely followed by the Zerg, and they've not yet re-appeared again...
You can have them appear by my guys when they get to Kashyyyk if you want, but I don't know how long the Zerg will live when they meet 8) :twisted: . And by the way, we need to keep all this non-story post stuff in the 'Anyone Interested Critic and Bitch' thread
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

The alarm sounded.
His arm reached out from under the blanket and pressed the large snooze button.
Seven minutes later it rang again.
Joshua sat up and clicked off the alarm. His head throbbed and the low light in his room hurt his eyes.
He climbed from the bed and crossed the three feet to his sink. Washing his face, he felt the stubble with his hands. Not bad enough to shave, he thought. Using his fingers and thumbs; he forced both his eyes open.
"Oh shit," he said.
He opened his mouth and looked at his green tinted tongue. He debated whether to brush his teeth and decided that he should.
Minutes later he was dressed and ran his wet fingers through his hair. He did not own a comb.
Placing his blast goggles on; he exited his apartment and made the short corridor walk to the tram. The cool plastic seats felt good against his back and he closed his eyes.
The other passengers avoided him.
"Josh."
He opened his eyes.
"Come on man."
He smiled. "Always count on you Tom."
"Yeah yeah," Tom replied. "Get up. You're late as it is."
"But mom."
"Shut up," Tom said and pulled Joshua to his feet. "Ah man you stink."
"Ah well they don't pay me to smell good."
Tom shook his head. "I really don't know how you do it."
Tom placed his arm around Joshua and helped him off the tram.
Joshua looked at his friend through the very dark blast goggles.
"Do what?"
"Get shit faced every night and still come in here and impress everyone."
"Ah. Its all a matter of moderation."
Tom shook his head. "You have no moderation."
"Exactly."
The entered the security door and presented their passes to the unseen eyes. Dozens of different systems scanned and surveyed to ensure that the persons on the badges were the people standing in the dead man.
The far side door opened and they entered the Research Center for Faster Than Light travel.
Or as Joshua liked the call the center; the prison that gave him money for proving Einstein wrong.
The living guard nodded but said nothing as they passed.

Captain Corrigan glanced at the random point in space before the ship. There was nothing visible but a slight blur obscuring some far off stars. Only the ship's advanced computer systems read anything about the extraordinary event occurring a few hundred thousand kilometers before him.

Admiral Portiaish ordered the Majestic and Horizon to take up position behind the Anirakahn and Interceptor.
Grand Admiral Sdair closed his eyes. The moment the alien ships entered the Galaxy the force would pour through the hole in space into the far side and he would be able to see what lay there.
With the addition of so many new life forms, the power of the force would undoubtedly double or triple.
As of course would the power of the dark side, Sdair thought so very quietly in the back reach of his mind. A dark power that would take time to filter out from this hole in space as the force poured into it. But a man standing before this hole should be able to tap it almost immediately. Grand Admiral Sdair smiled and what was left of his soul charred a little blacker.

Milt-Hith looked down at the metal floor.
His mind reeled and he closed his eyes.
Something, something was contacting the chaos. In this galaxy, in this realm.
Where is it? His mind stretched out and found the being that had contacted the chaos.
Mon-Keigh.
Joshua.
The power, his thoughts raced forward with the potentiality.
The back part of his mind resisted, he is mon-keigh. She would not contact mon-keigh.
He reached out and gripped the metal to his left. His fingers circled the posi-steel for support.
Something is wrong. It is two. One here and one not here, but here at the same time.
His thoughts fled as his mind opened to behold the birth.
He could see the alien fleet through the anomaly. The Imperial ships started firing.
The name came to him.
Sdair.

The first ship exited the wormhole. Commander Judis Omphir looked at the massive warships filling his view screen. He knew in his heart that it had been a terrible mistake in ordering them here.
"My God," He said.
"Sir?"
"Open fire on that," Judis paused in mid sentence as his mind searched for the correct word. "Thing!" he shouted, ending the statement.

A small series bolts struck the Anirakahn. Captain Corrigan looked at the weapons commander.
"Return fire," he said.
The turbo lasers struck the alien ship tearing a hole straight through the super structure.
The alien's atmosphere could be seen venting into space.
"Fire again sir?"
Corrigan turned away from the scene. "Destroy it totally Commander. Fire heavy turbo laser batteries."

Admiral Portiaish watched as the alien ship vanished from the screen.
"Energy readings?"
"None sir."
Blain Portiaish leaned back and tilted his head.
"None?" he asked.
"Yes sir. Alien ship is vaporized. The Anirakahn has destroyed it."
The Admiral was not smiling in contrast to his crew.
This is not right, he mind raced. The Grand Admiral warned me?
It makes no sense. What are we to fear?
His mind raced with the sentence, not to abandon. No matter the loss. Their losses, he concluded.

The rest of the UED fleet exited the anomaly.
Admiral Ryan watched as one of his ships exploded.
"Oh hell," he said.

Grand Admiral Sdair shuddered. He felt weak. Something intruded on his mind.
What are you? He asked, seeking answers.
The bridge seemed cast in shadow. Everything was dark.
He was aware that the first Alien fleet had arrived and in moments the second would also enter.
The force was fluctuating wildly. The dark side called to Sdair, it warned him. Tried to make him angry, aggressive.

I am Slaanesh, the voice whispered.

Sdair eyes rolled in his head. The promise of such pleasure, his anger receded with his growing desire.
"The power," he whispered. "The power."
He fell to the deck.
The soft voice laughed.
His officers looked up.
Their eyes went wide with surprise and fear.
The ethereal Chaos god was behind the Grand Admiral, whispering in his right ear.

Joshua Solidar, physicist, smiled in his sleep as he sat back against the warm humming power grid.
Tom looked over at his brother in law.
"Probably having a wet dream," he said.
Karl laughed and picked up the chalk. "Probably. See here. If we presume that perception is inaccurate, then we show that two plus two does equal five. For large values of two."
Tom rolled his eyes and turned back to the board. "Do you realize how lame joke is?"
Khorne promised many many things to Joshua as he slept.
All he had to do was find a man named Captain Leonov and take his ship to a very special place.

Milt-Hith raised his head. Pain. All is pain, his mind raged, disconnected. His hand resting on the rail crushed it like a child's toy. The others around him looked shocked.
Conversation in the market stopped as aliens turned and looked.
Many suddenly realized they had no idea what race they were looking at.
Babylon Five security started to approach the unknown alien.
Their hands were on their weapons. Ready to draw in an instant.
"Hey you." She said.
She looked at her partner and turned back to the alien. "You ok?"
They stopped five feet from the Eldar.
The sound it made brought fear. Aliens throughout the market began to leave.

The second alien force began exiting the anomaly and the Star Destroyers fired at will.
"Sir they are coming through behind us!"
Gigantic beams of energy lanced past Ryan's ships and destroyed scores of the Zerg.
"Get us out of here." Ryan said.
"What direction?"
Ryan almost laughed. "It doesn't matter. Just get us the hell out!"
The UED fleet turned left and fled.

Admiral Portiaish watched as the smaller fleet fled.
Over ten thousand ships flew from the anomaly and began attacking the Anirakahn and Interceptor.
The Admiral waited a moment longer.
"Signal the Horizon and Majestic to move forward and engage the enemy."
"Yes sir."
"Move us forward just outside striking range, do not engage."
General Haormon stepped forward to stand beside the Admiral. "I hate Naval battles," he said. "Very boring except for the pretty lights."
Portiaish smiled despite himself. He replied, "I was under the impression that you hated everything."
Haormon grunted.

The Zerg ships closed on the Anirakahn. They dropped what appeared to be pods. These incinerated against the hull shields with no effect.
Other Zerg ships strafed the hull and upper decks of the Star Destroyer. Thousands of enemy detonations impacted on the Anirakahn.
Corrigan grinned. "Status?"
"Operating at ninety-two percent sir."
"Idiots," Corrigan said dismissing the enemy. "Continue to fire."
Pride swelled and Corrigan's grin became an open mouth smile. He crossed his hands behind his back and rocked on his heels.
The four Star Destroyers fired volley after volley at the swirling mass of Zerg ships.
It was total chaos.
Zerg craft exploded or spun out of control. Regardless of their numbers, their weapons were so underpowered they barely had any effect.

A thousand Zerg ships clustered together into a gigantic mass. The ships moved forward and took on a more cube like formation. As one, they dipped below the Anirakahn's bow and picked up speed. They rose back above the bow at less than five kilometers and entered the intensive fire of the turbo laser batteries. Ship after ship was vaporized as the red and green beams tore through their ranks.
Six hundred Zerg ships, in various states of damage, slammed into the bridge section of the Anirakahn.
One Zerg ship exited the far side. It turned around and plunged itself into one of the engines.
The one point six kilometer Anirakahn shuddered with the impact.
Admiral Portiaish shook his head, amazed at the massive suicide run.
The Anirakahn tilted on her axis and begin to fall slowly to port.
Her exploding bridge lit her entire hull in reddish light. More explosions rocked the vessel tearing holes through the armor. Fires could be seen shooting out into the vacuum of space. The ships atmosphere was escaping from dozens of breaches.
The huge engine fires went out and the Anirakahn sat silently burning.
Zerg ships landed on her hull.

"Enter the fray," Portiaish said. "Fire at will. Launch fighters. They are not to directly engage. Just clean that vermin off the Anirakahn."
"Yes sir."
Haormon said, "You are killing those fighter pilots."
"Corrigan needs a chance. The more we keep from entering the better off he will be."
"He is dead Blain."
Admiral Portiaish turned from the view. "I know."
Haormon nodded.

Another grouping of Zerg ships began to mass for a suicide attack on the Interceptor. All four Star Destroyers fired massive interlocking arcs of turbo lasers. The space where the ships were forming looked like a gigantic curtain of energy.
Even with the massive amount of fire, four hundred of the swarm crashed into the bridge and upper decks of the Interceptor. The Star Destroyer stopped all forward momentum. Her bridge was gone. Forward batteries continued to fire at the swarming enemy, but for all tactical purposes, the Interceptor was dead.

"Close on the Interceptor. Tell Horizon and Majestic to form a defensive wedge around her. Cleanse her hull of any enemy that attempts to board."
"Yes sir."
Portiaish clenched his jaw. "Tell Horizon and Majestic to launch all fighters. Call our fighters back from the Anirakahn. All fighters are to defend the Interceptor from boarding attempts. I want constant updates on the Anirakahn's status. At my order, we will launch a full salvo against her."
"Yes sir."

Numbering less than half of their original ships, the Zerg began to reconsider the battle. They had lost upwards of five thousand and had only managed to destroy one and cripple another of the enemy.

The Tie Fighters stayed together. In tight three ship formations they fired upon and destroyed enemy boarding vessels. The forward turbo laser batteries of the Interceptor continued to fire. But the aft of the ship was silent. The enemy began to concentrate their effort on the rear of the Interceptor. The number of boarding vessels increased and the Tie pilots were losing due to attrition.

Captain Nickolas Sark rechecked his blaster. He looked over his shoulder at the compliment of Storm Troopers. The enemy had boarded and was tearing into the defenders like some evil swarm of insects. But tough as they were, they still died from a well-placed blaster hit.
Sark gritted his teeth and enjoyed the moment of peace. The fighting had been non-stop for the last forty minutes. He and his team of troopers had been moving through the ship, picking up staff and crew as they could. A constant fight in their effort to reach the main hanger. Three times they had rerouted due to hull breaches or massive fires.
Behind his troopers were twenty-seven staff and crewmembers. Some carried makeshift weapons for defense.
But none who took on the enemy in direct hand-to-hand had lived. The nasty things were simply too tough.
"Lets go," Sark said.
They moved forward. The Storm Troopers formed a V shape at the front of the group. Only three troopers guarded the rear. Sark wanted enough interlocking fire to kill anything that appeared before them.
A scraping sound could be heard up ahead.
The lead trooper raised his left hand in the air. They stopped moving. He motioned for two of his men to move forward.
The first Storm Trooper reached the T section and poked his head around the right. At the same time, the other trooper looked to scan the left hallway.
It happened so fast.
Two bodies fell to the ground headless, their helmets bouncing off the walls and skittering across the metal corridor floor.
"Thermals."
The Zerg rounded the corner and drove forward toward the Storm Troopers. Their blade like arms clacked together and the clicking of their feet on the metal caused one staff member to cry out in fear.
Four thermal grenades landed behind the leading eight Zerg.
"Fire."
Blaster fire dissected the leading Zerg.
The thermal grenades exploded.
Bits of the vermin coated the walls and ceiling. The Troopers moved forward firing. The metal became slick with goo.
Sark thought it was the alien's blood.
A storm trooper slipped in the slime and was helped to his feet by a comrade.
"Move out," Sark ordered. "Keep it tight."
The rest of the survivors moved forward.
Storm Troopers tossed thermal grenades down both corridors of the T section.
In the classic move and cover, they entered the T.
Both hallways were empty.
"Left," Sark shouted.
Two troopers watched the right corridor as the rest of the party started toward the giant blast doors to the left.
"Its locked sir."
Sark nodded and replied, "Cover me." He moved forward and punched the access code into the small black panel beside the doors.
There was a horrible grinding sound as the doors began to open.
The majesty of the Star Destroyer's main hanger came into view. It was still lit and contained despite the damage done to the ship.
The hundreds of Zerg milling about the hanger turned and looked as one. Their eyes looked glossed and their mouths opened. Saliva dripped to the deck.
Between the monsters and Sark was a lone shuttle.
Sark raised his blaster.
"Follow me! For the Emperor!"
He lead the charge.

"Sir, based on the number of landing craft on the hull of the Anirakahn, it is estimated that the ship is more than seventy percent infested."
Portiaish nodded.
"Prepare to launch." He glanced out the starboard window at the once beautiful ship. "Launch."
Missiles flew through space. They crossed the short distance in seconds and impacted against the unshielded hull.
Massive sections of the Star Destroyer blew away. The ship"s hull rippled with explosions.
"Fire again."
The second wave of missiles slammed into their target. The ship cracked. Her main reactor exploded and bright light illuminated the darkness of space.

Admiral Blain Portiaish was turning form the death of the Anirakahn when a flash of light caught his eye. Out of the debris and madness an Imperial shuttle flew toward him at high speed.
"This is Captain Sark of the Imperial Legion Alpina Spatra. Requesting permission to dock."
Haormon laughed and slapped Portiaish on the shoulder. "Ha!" His voice echoed on the bridge.
Pride filled the general's face. He had no idea who Sark was, but the fact that a ground trooper was piloting the incoming shuttle was enough.
"Sir?"
"Permission granted."
"Shuttle Sync, Captain, you are clear for main hanger. Medical crews will meet you there."
"Affirmative," Sark replied.

Twice more the Zerg tried to form their suicide killer run. But their numbers were so decimated; they were unable to achieve the necessary number of ships. The incredible amounts of firepower raining down on their rendezvous points prevented them from success.
The Zerg ships broke off the attack. Less than a quarter of their initial fleet remained. They began to flee back toward the anomaly.
"Do not pursue," Portiaish said. "I want damage reports, estimates to repair the Interceptor. I want to personally view all xenobiology reports on this enemy."
He turned from the bridge crew. "General, send troops to board the Interceptor and help them cleanse their ship."
Haormon nodded. He turned and strode from the bridge.
Portiaish unclenched his shoulders. He took a deep breath and folded his arms.

Sdair opened his mouth in a silent scream. He reached out for the dark side and gripped a tendril of power. Fueling his anger with each breath, he let himself go. Anger, hate, desolation filled his soul and the dark side flooded into him. His heart beat a steady rhythm of death.
Captain Alps drew his side arm and fired at the ethereal thing floating beside the Grand Admiral. The bolt slammed into the bulkhead behind.
It waved its right hand.
Alps flew across the bridge and crashed against the terminals. Blood poured from his nostrils and ears. He was blind.
Sdair rose from the metal deck. He turned and looked into the eyes of the Chaos god. The dark side of the force crackled with energy inside Sdair. His own eyes became hell's forge.
The god laughed. It spread its arms and the ship faded from view.

Sdair stood on a plain of black basalt. Cracks of red light crisscrossed the landscape. He looked down and noticed the millions of writhing bodies between the cracks. They were nude and seemed caught between absolute pleasure and pain. Not all of them were human.
Raising his head, he looked at the true form of the Lord of Chaos.
"You cannot win," the Chaos Lord said. It opened its mouth and revealed row upon row of razor teeth. Its multiple arms waved in the air as if they were under water. Disjointed and flowing in the current.
Sdair grinned, his lips pulled back savagely revealing his smile. He rose off the plain and floated inches about the ground. He walked toward the object of his hate.
"Come," Sdair said. He reached out and beckoned with his left hand. Blue tendrils of energy flicked between the outstretched fingers. His mouth had never moved.
"Let me show you the true power of the dark side." His hand became a fist.

Joshua got up from his seat. He turned and exited the room.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Captain Anarik paced on the bridge of his ship, he was young and eager. Gaurd duty on an insignificant planet like Kashyyyk bored him out of his mind. He'd wanted to go help Sdair with whatever was happening but higher ups had ordered him and his fleet to Kashyyyk, something about rebels, not that they would be a threat. Anarik stared out his viewport at the other three ISD's that were in a loose guard formation.

"Sir, our sensors are picking up a large consentration of ships inbound"

As the man finished his sentence a group of just over 100 ships poured out of FTL at a reletively close distance.

Admiral Ryan stared out his viewscreen in horror, they had barely made it away from whatever it was that had attacked him and what remained of his fleet, and here they were again! His mind ran rampently as he thought of answers. Within a second Ryan had reached his decision and quickly ordered that those ships be commed.

"Strange vessels, this is Admiral Travis Ryan of the UED Fleet. We have traveled through a wormhole and were chased by a large threat. Our fleet is severely damaged and in need of repair. We are not a threat and ask for assistance, I repeat, we are not a threat and ask for assistance." Ryan closed his eyes and prayed that the ships would recieve the transmition and accept.

Captain Anarik replayed the message for the fifth time after cleaning it up with the translator, wondering what his father-in-law would do in his position. Another minute passed as he looked at the reports that were coming in. Whoever this Ryan was he was correct, the opposing fleet was pretty damaged and their weapons systems indicated that the threat they posed was minimal. He nodded to his comm oficer and a channel was opened.

"UED Fleet, this is Captain Anarik, we have assessed your situation and we agree to help you. Position your fleet in orbit around the planet. I shall meet you personally."

Ryan sighed in relief and ordered his fleet to move forward. The voice sounded a little young to be the captain of a ship of that size and power but it was of little consequence now. He turned to his second in command.

"You have the bridge. I need to get ready to meet this Captain Anarik."

Ryan left the bridge as a hail of salutes came up. Every man aboard his ship would die for him and take it as an honor.

Captain Anarik watched this 'UED' fleet move in and he thought about his actions and what this would now mean. His thoughts were rudely interuppted by another voice as it yelled out that another group of signatures was inbound.

Captain Cyran watched as the beauty that was FTL dissappeared and he saw two groups of ships, one far larger then the other closing with each other and grumbled.

"Great, now I need to figure out which one belongs to this 'Empire'."

Cyran ordered shields and weapons at the ready but to keep as non-threatening as possible as his sensors probed both groups of ships.

Anarik groaned inwardly, first the UED and now this! Suddenly planetary duty wasn't so boring anymore. He ordered the ships scanned and was taken aback when his crews told him that they weren't picking anything up. These ships looked to much like those of the rebels for Anarik's comfort and he ordered shields to be raised.

His comm officer looked up and told him they were recieving a message, Anarik nodded to his officer, a signal to open a channel.

"This is the Visaren fleet of the 42nd Imperium, we come in peace but if you fire upon our vessels we will be forced to annihilate your ships." There was a brief pause and garbeled noise and suddenly Anarik's sensor crews told him they were now detecting the ships on scanners and were scanning now. "As your sensors will no doubt indicate we are quite capable of destroying you so don't do anything hastey."

Anarik read over the reports and nodded, something was wrong, those ships were definately not from around here but their commander had spoken Basic. He shrugged it off and put it on the back burner of his mind, to figure it out later. He opened up a channel to the ships.

"This is Captain Anarik, we have recieved your transmition, why exactly are you here?"

The response came back immediately "We are here to ally ourselves with your Empire."
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

The darkness around the two seemed to have its own life. It moved back and forth like the tide. The tiny bodies in the cracks closed with one another in their hellish world. They cried out in silent pain with no real pattern as they exchanged with their own.
Sdair approached the chaos lord. His wide smile threatened to tear the corners of his mouth. Blood ran from his lips and dripped off his chin. At five feet from his hate he stopped.
The chaos god closed its mouth. Its arms ceased their impossible movement.
"You should join me," it hissed. The sound of thousands of voices was heard in that simple sentence.
Sdair lowered his jaw to his chest and looked at the being with lidded eyes. Inside him the dark side raged. His smile faded and he ground his teeth. The smile had become a flesh tearing promise. His mouth did not close.
"Why?"
"I feel what you feel."
Sdair brought his arms back behind him and violently twisted his head. He resettled his gaze on the thing that must be destroyed. Hate moved through him and infused his heart.
"How?" He asked, his mouth never moving. His lips were keeping their flesh tearing promise; his teeth were showing the truth of it. Every cell in his body longed to rend the chaos thing to pieces. He had ceased to be anything more than moving hate.
His heart ceased beating at that point. The dark side took over completely. Grand Admiral Sdair, servant of the Republic, then the Empire and finally the Emperor, father of a daughter and a son, ceased to exist at this moment.
The lord of chaos waved its arms and the darkness above the cracked plane changed. It revealed a galaxy. A tiny polluted black planet centered in the view. Thousands of ships were landing and leaving the place. Millions of humans walked to their deaths to become part of the light.
"This is the human home."
The image changed. It showed massive ships, moving through space with no concern of what transpired around them. Beautiful in design, these ships were miniature worlds of their own.
"These are the Eldar." The voices said. The thing of chaos seemed to look lovingly at the artistic worlds. It looked back at Sdair. She said, "My parents."
The image changed. "These are the Orcs."
The brutish face of a shaman tilted its head as it felt the chaos presence. It looked straight as one might look directly into the holo field. The eyes narrowed and its mouth opened.
The image changed.
"These are the Necrons and these are the Tyranids."
Sdair closed his mouth. "So few," he said.
The chaos lord smiled a genuine smile. "It is not your world. A very large universe with few bits of life."
"No, it is not where I am from," Sdair said and paused. "It is less. Much less."
The lord Slaanesh waved its right arm and two black thrones rose out of the blood cracked plane. It motioned to Sdair as it took her own seat.
Sdair sat down. Cold threatened to envelop him in its darkness and he locked eyes with the lord of chaos. The dark side of the force surged through him and his hate boiled over. The arms of the rock throne cracked and tiny fissures ran across its surface. Small pieces of stone fell to the cracked earth.
Sdair began to raise form the seat. His nostrils flared and his eyes became tiny blue flames. Small galaxies replaced his pupils.
"Stay seated," the multitude of voices hissed. "I will stop."
Half way from his seat, Sdair felt the throne become normal rock. It sat back down and rested its hands on the arms of the throne.
"Do not do that again. Unlike your normal prey, I know what you are," Sdair said. "I can see through you. I can see into you."
Slaanesh flinched as the dark side of the force enveloped him and probed her being. It poked into the reaches of his self and spoke.
"You are a thing of thought made real, in the warp of space, outside the realm of time," Sdair said. He closed his mouth, but the tinge of a smile was held in the corners. "I am a thing real. Made thought. I control space and time."
Slaanesh shuddered.
What was once Sdair, leaned forward on the rock throne. Its fingers interlaced and its arms elongated.
It raised its right hand as it spoke. It said, "You still do not understand the power of the dark side!"
The sound of the voice echoed across the warp of space. A powerful eddy circled out from the chaos point and rang true across the eons.
Sdair rose to his feet and closed the distance. The teeth promised so much.
Slaanesh screamed.

Joshua smiled as he walked the corridors of Mars. He knew where he was going. Khorne spoke to him as he walked. Showing him things that no human of his time had ever seen. Images of galactic battles, ships and planets filled his mind, worlds on fire and worlds that could not exist. Promises of victory and praise and realms that would fall to his might. A glorious symphony of war and delight and pain, all for Joshua to control, rule and subsume.
Others in the corridor moved out of Joshua's way. The thin gaunt man, with his blast goggles, was scary.