FanFic: Command Decisions

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

FanFic: Command Decisions

Post by Mr Bean »

Having nothing to do and and some ideas shooting around in my head I decided to take my hand at the resent rash of Fanfics out there and write my own

This takes place a week or so after Janeway has returned with the Voyager and in SW rouglhly ten years after the Thrawn Triology or about a month or two after the Duology

Without Further adue the first part of a multi part breathtaking epic!

Or a pile O crap, Hey you never know till you get started which way it will go
Feedback yada yada apprecated yada yada please yada yada gimmie money yada yada
Despite the previous adue now we acutal can say without further adue
-------------------------------------------
Command Decisions

What is the True Nature of Man? Is he nothing but a beast who thinks itself better? Is he the sum of his experiences? Or is it Biological? Do his actions reflect his thoughts? Or how he’s been programmed by either Society or Biology? When asked the nature of man and indeed of Sentience itself we are faced with these and more questions
~Isafid R’usma Free Will and Biology, 42 BNR(Before New Republic)

It asked again.
It had asked fifty five times in the past twenty one seconds the same question.
Again Silence.
Subroutines implanted in the computer began to activate, Primary was not responding, That meant that it should do something.
That something provided itself as the program ran a bit further along, Secondary instructions had been provided in case of this.
Fifty six
Machinery began to pick up as the computer began to prepare to follow its secondary instructions.
Included in this was an order to notify the other two sites. A generation had passed since the communications had been activated but janitor programs had insured that they still did work even if they never would be used.
And so they where. A tight beam transmission over the old Holo net. It took only .0224 seconds for the transmission to plus out and nearly as long for it to arrive at its targets. A nonsensical phase to any listeners in, It used a code nearly as good as that the Emperor had used himself but this one had never been used, that along with the message length the computer calculated made the chances of its interception and decryption less than 1%. The Computer began to work on other things never knowing that a micro-meteor had chewed through one of the station’s dish and while it had not affected normal operations at all it had created a situation where signal leakage was quite a great bit more than normal. The computer could have also not know that two ships where meeting barley a stones throw away from the station when the leak occurred and happen to catch the transmission. Even then few people even then could have decoded the message. However in that odd fate that makes kingdoms fall and others rise one of those ships happen to be the Wild Karrde.

“Now Captain I’ll kindly ask you to explain your actions during your encounter with Species 8472” the Federation Magistrate leaned back a bit. It had been a particularly grueling day.
“As I’ve already said Your Honor my actions where exactly in line with Established Star-Fleet Doctrine on First Contacts when a species appears more advanced or directly hostile towards us. The Speaker was Katherine Janeway former(And as soon as this damn inquirer is over currant) Captain of the Star-Ship Voyager.
“Keep in mind Ms Janeway you are under oath to answer honestly” the second Magistrate said for what seemed the twentieth time. “Yes how exactly do your explain your actions in regard to 8472 after your initial encounter.” The third Magistrate put in.
“Your Honors please I have already stated my reasons…” she said. The second Magistrate cut in. “Yes Ms Janeway we would really like to hear your reasoning for your ALLIANCE with the BORG of all races in regards to the 8472” he barley suppressed a shudder at the mention of the Borg as he sat back
“As I’ve said before the Alliance was necessary at the time I was forced by the circumstances to do what had to be done to remove that threat to my ship” she said rather irately
“And you actual” The Second Magistrate began he glanced down “Gave technology to the Borg. The very specie’s that is set to destroy us!” “As I already said at the time it was necessary and if you recall further my actions later on in regards to..”
The First Magistrate cut her off. “Ladies, gentlemen I believe a recess is in order. We are all a little strung out its been a long day.” The third Magistrate looking a little relived said “Seconded Lets resume say at O 900 tomorrow?” The second Magistrate gurgling nodded. “All right O 900 tomorrow, Court Dismissed” he said banging down the gavel
In the hallway outside Janeway sighed as she saw Tuvok approach. “How did it go Captain?” He asked without pleasantries. “You know I can not discuss that Tuvok it’s a closed inquiry which means I’m not supposed to speak with anyone besides the court until its over.” She tiredly and for the third time to him. “I understand of course but how is it going in there? He persisted. “Lets just say it’s doing better than we where doing two months ago. “ She replied “That’s not an answer Captain” he said. “Of course its not” she said as she walked away leaving the Vulcan standing there.
How did I get here? She thought to herself. At first it had been a triumphal return with a ship loaded with 29th Century Technology, making it home against impossible odds and striking a great blow to the Borg. And it had been until two days after she had made her report and a pair of security officers had show up at her door informing her that she was under arrest pending an official investigation into the matter and hereby relived of duty until further notice. So here she was under a loose House Arrest facing a Federation Panel here by herself. She sighed again as she walked through the door to her quarters the door’s slowing shutting behind her.

Is it working?
Yeah, Yeah I got the parts
And the materials?
They are already set to go we even got the test ship ready to fly and a location all picked out for the run there and back.
Camera’s?
All set up, flats and Holo cams both, Got em spread all over the place don’t worry we won’t miss it.
I hope so after all I’m gonna be flying the thing.
Hey it’s ME you’re talking about.
I know but still… Remember that time your idea to build the personal cloaking device and nearly burned down the workshop instead
Hey I was six ok I just thought I know what I was doing
As opposed to now?
Hey I built a working one didn’t I?
Yeah well..
Come on man trust me on this one. If it works we will be richer than Hutts
IF it works?
It will work come on man Trust me.

……Fifty seven…….

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Note sorry about the formating but I did not notice till after the fact that the parapgaphs and editing did not survie the cutting and pasting

Since GAT is away for the night and Crazy's gone on a trip it will have to stay that way

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

so, just as wild ass speculation on my part Thrawn's clone had a backup?
This would actually be more in character for him than what seems to have happened in the books.
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

Mr. Bean, for what it is worth:

Your idea is a good idea. But your deliverly is bad. You need to set the seen. You treat us to a series of statements with no background. We have no fucking idea where we are?
You must fill in the details. But do not overburden the reader with them. Use suggestive sentenses.

Jack looked over at Troi. His face became a hostile mask.
"Counciler, you will either conceed to your destiny or I will destroy you."
Deanna looked up from her soup. She was not afraid of the mad man, though she could feel his power.
She placed her spoon down on the metal table.
"Fuck you," she said meeting his eyes.

-I don't mean to insult you. But you must set the setting and the scenario before you begin. You can do it with a q and a between to characters - as I have done above - or you can do it as a narrator.
But you cannot drop you reader into a situations and leave your reader exposed with no idea as to what is going on.
Rewrite your seen and think of it visually. I think then you'll have the beggining of a kill Fic.

-Jack "the critic" Lain.
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

Jebus but I made a lot of spelling errors in that post.
Ah well, I hope you got the message. The idea is good, but you must educate the reader before you start. Tell us where "they" "you" "it" is and then proceed forward. Your post looks like a first draft. Do a second or third over it and repost and I am sure it will be killer story and the ppl will love it.

-Jack "the hasty" Lain.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Mr Bean are your chapters going to be inversely proportional to mine? God my last one was long as you noted but this was short and sweet...I hope Janeway gets what's coming to her :twisted:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

This is just the pre preeeeeeeequal :D

Janeway has absoutly nothing to do with the main story I'm just setting the background up for now :D

After I do this morning regment of posting I'll get back to work on the rest

Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Yep a bit more of setting would be good I'm sure you can do very well.
Supermod