ST/SG-1 Crossover -- Which Crew?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Which Trek crew should meet SG-1?

TOS (Series Era)
19%
TOS (Movie Era)
29%
TNG (Series Era)
5%
TNG (Movie Era)
19%
DS9
19%
VOY
10%

Total votes: 21

Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

ST/SG-1 Crossover -- Which Crew?

Post by Raoul Duke, Jr. »

I'm considering writing a ST/Stargate SG-1 crossover fic. First off, I'd like to say that this one will be written off the board and posted when finished. I realize I have a bad habit of getting all hyped up over an idea, starting it and then getting distracted by other matters. I'd like to apologize for that, and I promise this one will be completed before it's posted.

The other matter I'd like to put before you all is this: which Trek crew would you most like to see interacting with SG-1, based on what you've seen of my writing style? The winning vote gets it, and with your vote please let me know why you'd like to see them in action and which character you think I could portray best. Your input will have a notable impact on which characters I use and focus on. Thanks.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I say TNG movie crew, they are the ones who are the furthest down in the line of advancement in the timeline, so it would be an up to date fanfic.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Re: ST/SG-1 Crossover -- Which Crew?

Post by Rob Wilson »

From a story point of view it would have to be TOS (series) as young Kirk and present O'niell would give some nice dynamics (so similart on the surface but much different underneath), plus you have the whole Teal'c -Spock thing.

I'm afraid i haven't yet had a chance to read your works to date, so I've had to go with the charcters themselves rather than gearing towards your writing style. After I've read some of your writing i'll come back with a better set of suggests.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

My personal preference at the moment is TNG (Movie Era); I want this story to have a serious plot, but in my mind the strength of SG1's interpersonal dynamics is their ability to laugh at each other and themselves while still getting the job done. O'Neill's dry humor would be a perfect counterpoint to Data's famous naivete (also this combination would necessarily be pre-Nemesis if I use the TNG crew.) Hammond and Picard would be a great pair to contrast, as would Teal'C and Worf. Other good pairings would be Jackson and LaForge (although if anyone can tell me a good reason to use LaForge for anything other than Goa'uld target practice, I'd sure appreciate it.) Carter is tougher to nail down -- she seems to be a blend, really, of O'Neill's and Jackson's characters. Frankly, other than as a Scullyesque love interest for O'Neill, I'm not sure what she's even doing on the show.

Don't get the idea from this post, though, that my mind is made up on this crew -- I'm also considering the DS9 crew, admittedly a lot less seriously.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I think Carter would be a better foil for LaForge, actually. Jackson seems to match up more with Picard (archaeology interests, ancient history, etc).
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

I don't know much about SG1, but I think O'Neill and Spock would be about as interesting as O'Neill and Data (besides, I can just imagine Spock's reaction when McCoy and O'Neill both start getting on his case :D).
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Raoul Duke, Jr.
BANNED

Well, I'm giving it one more day before I go with the winning vote, but so far it looks like TOS (Movie Era) has the lead. I'll be honest, I've never written a TOS fanfic before, so it'll be a challenge. I'm giong to take a little preemptive action and review the second season (IMHO, the best season) of TOS and TWOK, TVH and TUC starting tonight and continuing on over the weekend if TOS does take it. I have a tentative plot in mind, and although I personally felt Picard would've been a better foil for Hammond than Kirk (at least on spec) I think I can work in just as many good dynamics for Kirk and Hammond, not to mention Scotty and Carter, Spock and O'Neill/Spock and Teal'C. We'll see how it goes in about a week when the fic is done, and keep voting! :)