Picking apart GK's fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

*reads Graham Kennedy's fan-fic and feels his occular nerves severed by brain to minimalize damage*
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Is GK a science teacher? If he was, that would be bad for the students.

"Kids, a laser is an inferior weapon used by ships in most sci-fi series. But ST ships use the far superior phasers, and immune to any laser of any power level."

"Mr. Kennedy, what's a phaser?"

"I just told you!"
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

"Turbolasers are just lasers."
"But Mr. Kennedy, they don't act like a laser. They-"
"George, do you need another suspension? I thought you learned your lesson after that little hyperspace isn't 1.5 c incident"

:D

A joke of course.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

Kennedy would be a great science teacher. Students would learn about scienfific errors, logical fallacies, circular reasoning, and unethical research practices. They wouldn't learn it intentionally, though.
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

In fact, I love comparing Kennedy's exaggerations to real canon. For example, he used to list the "Subspace Relay Station" as having several terawatts of defensive shielding. Then someone must have informed him about the TNG quote stating that 4.2 GW is enough to power a subspace relay station. He then nixed the TW figure, otherwise without blinking over the fact that his estimate exaggerated the power of the Federation device by several orders of magnitude. This is typical for DITL. Meanwhile, Wong's estimates of Trek tech have been almost dead-on and consistent even in light of new evidence.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Doomriser wrote:Kennedy would be a great science teacher. Students would learn about scienfific errors, logical fallacies, circular reasoning, and unethical research practices. They wouldn't learn it intentionally, though.
I had a crappy science teacher in HS in my junior year. It was NOT pleasant. I know how bad Kennedy can be, and you should not even be joking about him being a good teacher because you learn about scientific errors and things. My teacher once failed to have a correct answer on more than 30% of the test that she gave us (the multiple-choice section), and on two more of the forty-five questions, the answer letter that was right was marked incorrect and we had to argue with her about what the answer should have been. And that was not nearly the worst thing she did to us!
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Despite all these points we've brought up, I think that it is fairly obvious that there is a rabid contigent out there that looks upon "Portal" the way we look on "Conquest" UGH. :roll:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Stravo wrote:Despite all these points we've brought up, I think that it is fairly obvious that there is a rabid contigent out there that looks upon "Portal" the way we look on "Conquest" UGH. :roll:
There IS! According to GK himself, about 95% of the feedback he gets for the story is positive! :shock:

Completely ridiculous, if you ask me. He should at least have some understanding of how ST power generation is markedly inferior to SW generation.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Does someone have an e-mail address for GK so we can all tell him how much we laughed at his brilliant piece of comedy?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

2000AD wrote:Does someone have an e-mail address for GK so we can all tell him how much we laughed at his brilliant piece of comedy?
His e-mail is posted on his site. It is: webmaster@ditl.org <webmaster@ditl.org>

He said that he will not care if we flame him, because he has a very thick skin. Funny.... He never seemed to reply to my last message, though. Jerk.

Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Doomriser wrote:Kennedy would be a great science teacher. Students would learn about scienfific errors, logical fallacies, circular reasoning, and unethical research practices. They wouldn't learn it intentionally, though.
Although there is no evidence of this, I wouldn't be supprised if Kennedy was a creationist also. When you are of an intellegence of his level, it is easy to get sucked in.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Can't we just email him this thread? Or post this thread somewhere for all to see....it would be GREAT if some idiot Trekkie who believed this pile of horsehit would come along and try to defend this tripe. Has ANYONE actually ever even DEFENDED this utter piece of shit??? If so please post the thread....
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Stravo wrote:Can't we just email him this thread? Or post this thread somewhere for all to see....it would be GREAT if some idiot Trekkie who believed this pile of horsehit would come along and try to defend this tripe. Has ANYONE actually ever even DEFENDED this utter piece of shit??? If so please post the thread....
That's what I would suggest. We should do so, anyway, just to make sure that he doesn't say that we've been launching stealth attacks on his site, the way that Wong sometimes comes under attack.

Needa
Youngling

Post by Needa »

I thought Mr. Bean in his underwear was the most horrible thing to see, but now that I've read only a handful of GK most intelligent sentences, I know now the true meaning of ABOMINATION!
Before you, pitiful trolls, invade this forum take note that:
Mr. Bean will not fear using his irony agaisnt you.
Sir Nitram will burn your idiotic arguments.
Grand Admiral Thrawn will generously dismember your illogical thoughts.
Master of Ossus will bash your stupidity.

And if you are still alive, DARTH WONG WILL CRUSH WHAT'S LEFT. You have been warned.
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

Everything I have to say about Portal can be summarized in three words :
"Sick, dude, sick!"

I have seen better stuff being flushed down the toilet.
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Master of Ossus wrote:My teacher once failed to have a correct answer on more than 30% of the test that she gave us (the multiple-choice section), and on two more of the forty-five questions, the answer letter that was right was marked incorrect and we had to argue with her about what the answer should have been. And that was not nearly the worst thing she did to us!
That reminds me of my Geometry teacher. I had a nice conversation with her, which ended with my saying:

"No, it can't be a linear function. Look at it! It's a parabola!"
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Now, anyone perhaps gonna write 'Portal - the truth' and send it GK?
Supermod
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

I think reading that piece of crap made me sterile.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Now I think about it I had a Science teacher called Mr. Kennedy for Chemistry.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Now, anyone perhaps gonna write 'Portal - the truth' and send it GK?
What exactly are you thinking about? Heck, GAT's deconstruction is quite fine.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Cpt_Frank wrote:Now, anyone perhaps gonna write 'Portal - the truth' and send it GK?

Hell fucking no, that would mean I'd have to read Portal again. But here's a little bit of a rewrite.

"Unknown vessel, this is the Imperial Star Destroyer Battlecry. You are trespassing in the Coruscant Restricted Zone, a region of space designated for use by authorised personnel only. State your identity and business here."
Picard hesitated. "Battlecry, this is the Federation Starship Enterprise. We intend no trespass on your space - our vessel is a ship of exploration." That's a half truth, he thought - the Sovereign class was officially an Enhanced Deterrence Explorer, in reality a battlecruiser. But there was no need to go into that right now. "We encountered a spatial anomaly of some kind which catapulted our ship to this region of space. We are investigating possible methods of returning home now."
The reply was almost instant. "Enterprise, you are already committing a serious violation of Imperial law just by being in your present location. Making false statements to an Imperial Navy officer will just add to those charges and make things more difficult for you."
"Battlecry, we are falsifying nothing. Our ship has been the victim of an unfortunate accident which we are trying to correct. We intend no harm-"
"Enterprise, stand by to receive a boarding party. Your senior officers will be taken into custody and your ship impounded until appropriate action can be taken. The transport is on its way now." Picard saw a smaller craft emerge from beneath the huge vessel and begin to glide slowly towards them. "Be warned, Enterprise; our heavy turbolaser turrets are locked onto your ship and we will fire at any provocation. Battlecry out." The line went dead.
"Well, that sounded final," Riker said quietly.
"Indeed," Picard nodded, watching the transport draw closer. "This may be their territory, but I'm not about to let them board this ship. Red alert. Mister Data, scan that vessel. Let's learn what we can."
"Aye, sir. Scan initiated."
"Mister Worf," Picard said. Worf had been shooting covert looks at the tactical station for the last five minutes. "Please take the tactical station. I'm afraid you've been drafted."
"Thank you, sir," The Klingon said with obvious glee.
"Tactical analysis please."
Worf studied the console. "The vessel is armed with 8 large turrets, 6 of 1 type, 2 of another, all double. Weapon type unknown. There appear to be 120 smaller types of the 6 ones. As well as several medium size turrets. Also there are ten tractor beam emitters. A conformal shield grid of huge capacity, and the hull is constructed of very high density armour. She is powered by a unknown power core, very large."
"How large?" Picard asked cautiously.
"Undetermined," Worf said simply.
"Captain Picard, this is your last warning," The intercom sounded. "Drop your shields and prepare to be boarded."
"Battlecry, I say again: we were thrown to this location by a natural anomaly. Our intentions are peaceful, but we are equipped to defend ourselves and will if we must." He made a slashing motion to Worf, who cut the channel.
"The enemy vessel is using targeting scanners on us," Worf announced.
"Don't worry Worf. Did you here him? Lasers. Why, they won't even get past our navigational-"
As he spoke a single bolt of brilliant green flashed out from the Star Destroyer and impacted on the Enterprises shields. The blast penetrated, blowing the saucer section into oblivion. Picard felt the ship explode under his feet. Then he felt nothing at all. The Enterprise's warp core soon breached, and the burning hulk of the finest ship in Starfleet exploded.

This is just a joke of course :D
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

BTW, has anyone emailed this this thread to GK?
Bender and God, Futurama
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I just did, Grand Admiral Thrawn. I asked him to come here and set you guys straight on who would REALLY win a fight between ST & SW, so you'd better be scared! :roll:

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Master of Ossus wrote:I just did, Grand Admiral Thrawn. I asked him to come here and set you guys straight on who would REALLY win a fight between ST & SW, so you'd better be scared! :roll:

[Dr. Evil mode] Look at me, I'm shaking in my little space boots [/Dr. Evil mode]
Bender and God, Futurama